Bachelor Pad 3

“Reader Emails,” “Dr. Reality Steve,” & Who’s Not the “Bachelor”

For the first time I think ever in the history of “Reader Emails,” we have more “Dr. Reality Steve” emails than we do regular emails. Oh goodie. Enjoy…
________________________________________________________

Thank you for your blog! You are hilarious and keep the show entertaining. I have wondered and even more so tonight, do they just open voting and people can just go vote whenever or do the producers tell them when to go vote? Just curious because it seems like the deciding vote always goes later than others. Not sure if its editing or if they are scheduled to vote.

Also, what was the point of Rachel calling Micheal tonight? Just to make Nick mad? Seemed kinda pointless.

Comment: They vote whenever they vote, but it’s shown to us in a sequence that will tell the most interesting storyline.

I think showing Rachel calling Michael had more to do with the show focusing on their relationship, or lack thereof, than it was to make Nick mad. They want to remind everyone that Michael and Rachel had something in the house. Whether it was a showmance or whether it was real can be debated until the end of time. As I said earlier, I guarantee you if Michael could have a do-over on how things went with Rachel, he would. He realizes he screwed up. And we’ll see Rachel call him out about it at the finale.
________________________________________________________

There are so many things wrong about tonight’s show. Mainly the pathetic attempt at a spelling bee. How embarrassing for America. We are dumb if Chris and Sarah can win after 14+ rounds. It was serendipity that Chris and Sarah got the easiest word just like it was serendipity that Chris got to take Erica in the voting room.

The most disappointing thing was hearing Tony say that Blakeley was “the last thing he thinks about when he falls asleep and the first thing he thinks about when he wakes up.” Really?! What about your son? You know, the child you were so torn up leaving behind on The Bachelorette!

People may not like Ed but I respect him. He has been honest. Drunk most of the time but honest with everyone but Chris. He was straight forward with Jaclyn about having a girl back home and she still slept with him. Again. Kudos to Ed! Chris appreciates your sloppy seconds (Sarah).

Last gripe: Do the producers even try to be fair? Now they are letting Rachel call Michael. Since when could a contestant contact a former contestant? I know the whole conversation was recorded, but still. I thought there were rules. Apparently, they get to pick and choose when those are broken.

This show is losing its charm, and all the producers horses and all the producers men can’t put it back together again

Comment: I agree with pretty much everything this person said. Not much else to add.
________________________________________________________

Steve,

I know this is no news to you- I’m stating the obvious… but I am traveling right now so speaking to people is a rarity. I read your Bachelor Pad re-cap. It’s killing me not to be able to watch it, I can’t f***ing stand it.

However, I think it’s crazy that Erica Rose did throw a wrench in everything just like she said. Has anyone ever given a sh** about Nick? Especially on BP. I can’t tell you one thing that he did… besides console Donna one time. That WAS him right? I don’t even know. And not only did he win, but he KEPT the money? That’s f***ing crazy! He almost got voted out for being totally not memorable, and now he came back and trumped everyone.

I’m not the biggest Erica fan (because of recent reasons), but she did what she said she wanted to do at least. Nice work.

Comment: Wow! What a f***ing email! I guess for those that complained about the first two seasons being all the strong alliances getting to the end, and no one had the balls to make a move can’t really complain this season? Michael was in the main alliance, and yes, Erica did shake things up or else he’d probably be sitting in the finals. Probably wouldn’t have won because I can’t imagine people would’ve voted for him to win a second season in a row.
________________________________________________________

Hi Steve! Before you do your recap of the “happy couple” heres my thought that gets me in so much trouble with those obsessive crazy bitch fans. Emily tries to go on about how protective she is about her daughter, YET in order to prove how “happy” she and Jef are, they use instagrams of “Ricki” to prove their point. I hate that! I don’t know why it bothers me like it does but it does! Even “real stars” protect their kids from papp, yet these two have this kid right out there smack in the middle of a family scandal. whether plastic Barbie cheated or not isn’t the issue. To me the issue is this deeply religious family is in crisis in the public eye, and it’s Ricki Hendrick who they use as a pawn. Do you know what Im saying? And how the hell is Jef going to support this shopaholic? He looks like a pansy. Does she cook? ok Im starting to ramble…be looking for your piece tomorrow!

Comment: Let Emily and Jef tweet and Instagram all the pictures they want. She’s always tweeted pictures of Ricki, so I don’t have a problem with that so much. It is what it is. I’m just sitting back and watching it all play out. When they don’t get married, maybe I’ll say something then, but there’s really nothing to say at this point. Good luck to the both of them.
________________________________________________________

Hi Steve,

Add this to your mailbag!

I have a question that I don’t think anyone has asked, and I’m not even sure you would know exactly – but curious about your thoughts. So when the producers (or Mike Fleiss?) are trying to decide between two people (Ex. Roberto and Sean) to cast as the lead for the next Bachelor or Bachelorette, what are they looking for? I doubt the viewership numbers for the show would change that drastically depending on who they cast – because, like you say frequently, people are going to watch regardless of the lead. Does the amount the potential lead is requesting for $$$ influence it? Say Roberto would do it for $20k vs. Sean’s $25k, etc.? Does it boil down to who the producers had better personal relationships with when they were on the previous seasons? I guess this question stems from wondering why the heck they would potenially choose Roberto over Sean, since Sean obviously has a many more fans since his season was much more recent. I could see them courting Roberto as a back-up, but then once realizing how much American women seem to be so in love with Sean, it seems like a no-brainer they would pick him.

Thought I’d check to see if you had any insight.

Comment: Since they started recycling contestants, all they’re looking for a is someone with a built-in audience already, and the three candidates this season – Roberto, Sean, and Arie – all have them. So they can’t really go wrong with any of them. But you can cross Arie off the list. I’ve said it for months and I’ll continue to say it. He’s not the next “Bachelor.” It’s going to be Roberto or Sean.
________________________________________________________

1. lcs85

August 30, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I guess this is what RS meant when he said its going to be slow here until The Bachelor starts up again.

6 paragraphs on how technically Michael was dating someone before the show, but technically he wasn’t?

2. heliofan

August 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I wish he would tell us why he’s 100% sure Arie won’t be the bachelor if Roberto says “no”.

3. Sunnyside422

August 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Or why he feels Jef and Emily won’t ever marry. Does he feel one or both of them are total fakes? Just a few lines would do. He seems so adamant about it. And IF they do marry, will he send them an RS present? Ahhh Steve give up your reasons.

4. karynr

August 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM

helioifan, are you looking forward to Sept. 24th??!!

I would love to know why RS is so adamant about Arie not having a shot at The Bach! I would think he would draw a lot more viewers than Sean or Roberto. I wouldn’t mind Roberto, since he’s so fine to look at, but if they’re looking for drama and passion, Arie would be the logical choice. Sean is nice, but so bland, they’d have to pray for a house full of lively women to make it halfway interesting.

5. DawsMA

August 30, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I wonder if Fleiss et al would ever choose Arie just to make RS look bad. Probably not worth it but it’s not like Arie would be horrible or anything. I just don’t get why RS is so sure it can’t be Arie. But I’m happy to watch Roberto or Sean too!

6. canpov

August 30, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Just a guess here, but if Arie is made to be the Bachelor, they’ll have to deal with the whole Cassie issue even more since it will look like a ‘who you know’ thing.

I have to say tho, that I always prefer watching a ‘runner-up’ instead of a ‘winner’ as the lead. I know it sounds crazy, but it just feels like the winner already had a chance, and blew it!

7. steffy

August 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM

The over 40 crowd probably wants Sean but Arie would be a perfect bach catch. I hope Fleiss casts Arie and makes Steve eat his words at the same time.

8. Meghan

August 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM

3 seasons of coming to this site, and the comments section has finally sucked me in. Hoping I won’t get crackled.

I too would love to know how RS can be so sure Arie isn’t the next Bachelor. Personally, casting Arie would probably make me more likely to watch–he just has a certain sexy charisma about him. I’m not familiar with Roberto, but Sean is just boring to me. And while I admit he has a nice build, I don’t really find him attractive. I get that people watch for the drama between contestants, but after watching the stone-cold stoic, Ben, all last season, it’d be nice to have a lead that was interesting to watch.

I have to agree with the person who wrote the email about Emily and Jef posting pictures of Ricki. It seems weird to me that Emily would post pictures of her anyway, after all that she said about wanting to keep Ricki out of the media and that lifestyle. I mean, there is an article on wetpaint.com with a picture Emily posted of Ricki at the doctor’s office having a checkup. Am I the only one who finds this a little weird–and even a little disturbing? Maybe Ricki knows her pictures are all over the internet, maybe she doesn’t—I don’t know, but she is too young to know whether she wants her privacy invaded like that. And now using pictures of her as a response to a tabloid cheating scandal…just creeps me out. Maybe it’s just me.

9. heliofan

August 30, 2012 at 7:33 PM

@karnyr….yes I am looking forward to the 24th. Funny thing is only watched one season in the past and the and that was the one Helio won 🙂

10. kasey31

August 30, 2012 at 10:21 PM

my god! i couldnt bare to ready anymore dr. reality steve emails after like the 3rd one.. dont these people have friends to ask for advice?

i get that some people want to maintain their privacy or just want an opinion from a third party, but i just cant imagine having these significant events taking place in my life and then thinking, “you know what? let me ask steve.. hes the perfect guy for this!” no offense, steve! ; )

but seriously.. talking about cheating on your spouse or soon to be husband? and steve is the first person you think of emailing? boggles my mind..

11. nobody1

August 31, 2012 at 6:09 AM

@Sunnyside:

If either Emily or Jef are fake, it is absolutely 100% going to be Emily. Jef, the poor delusional kid that he is, probably thinks he’s in a real relationship. I would hope the texts she is sending around raise the necessary red flags.

On the other hand, they both could be fake as hell and simply going through the motions as outlined in their contract from ABC.

Why do I bother posting this? I really don’t give a shit about either one of them.

12. truebachelorfan4ever

August 31, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Sorry Steve, but I really hope you are wrong….Arie would be the best choice for the next bachelor. I had never missed a bachelor/bachelorette season untill they decided to cast boring ashley and even more boring Ben, and was ECSTATIC when Emily was cast, I hope to god they don’t cast Roberto or Sean they would be way to boring to watch, I would love to see Arie, Brad Womack or Ed!

13. lgskelly

August 31, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Long time reader; first time commenter.

Re: Arie maybe/maybe not being the next Bachelor, two comments:

1. I thought the same thing about Fleiss picking Arie just so he can gloat that RS is incorrect; we all know Fleiss, or one of his minions, reads this Blog; and,

2. I agree that the Cassie thing would be an issue again and although Fleiss likes drama on the show, he must have affection for Cassie so as not to put her through the situation again (although the whole Arie/Cassie drama was really a “non issue”).

The Bachelor really isn’t a show that looks to have 2 people find each other and fall in love. It is a show that thrives off the drama surrounding the bachelor/ette and his/her quest for “love.” If Sean is picked to be the Bachelor, he will be just like Ben; Ben was so boring in his season but the show did not lack for drama which is what Fleiss is all about.

14. canpov

August 31, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Would for sure be skipping the 3rd time round for Brad!

15. lgskelly

August 31, 2012 at 10:10 AM

FYI, just to clarify, I like Ben. He is just to dry for my taste. We all know everyone hated Courtney. However, you have to give these 2 credit; after the show was over, they did not do the media tour and you don’t openly see them “parading” themselves around to be noticed. I think, going forward, any Bachelor/ette couple could learn a thing or two from Ben and Courtney on how to conduct themselves after the cameras stop rolling.

16. bstanz

August 31, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Really, truebachelorfan4ever, Arie, Brad Womack or Ed? Brad has already been the bachelor twice and he proved both times that he’s only there for the TV time and paycheck. Ed is just a player who would probably do the same thing bachelor Bob Guiney did, give the ring to the girl he chose without actually proposing. Last I heard was Bob slept with more girls than any other bachelor, he was only there for one reason. Arie, he’s a player from start to finish. I didn’t find him interesting at all, they would have to depend on the girls to make the season interesting if they even considered asking Arie.

I didn’t watch a whole lot of this last season because I didn’t like Emily, never saw her as being genuine even when she was on Brad’s season. I followed what was going on by checking with Reality Steve, and only then did I choose to watch an upcoming episode based on his spoilers.

17. truebachelorfan4ever

August 31, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I know…Brad and Ed are total players, but would be entertaining lol, but Arie on the other hand, I found very sincere in his love for Emily and I do think that if Emily had followed her heart she would have chose Arie as they had such a strong connection, but it seems as though Emily is more concerned with her guys bottom line and I think Jef was a safe choice for her to make and she could see how it went and how well off financially he was, and if it wasn’t enough for her she could use his morman background as the reason it didn’t work, but I think she was truely in love with Arie from the beggining and sadly did not let it play out and see how they were in real life because she knew he did not make enough $$$ to support her lifestyle and Jef was a better bet for the time being.

18. Sunnyside422

August 31, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I think the reason Ben and Courtney were not doing much of a media tour is that no one is interested in these two and the show downplayed them. Ben was too boring and Courtney was disliked too much to have been a positive front for the show.

Jef and Emily seem to be the most popular couple coming out of this franchise thus far so they get all the paps after them and the show promotes them.

19. Athena

August 31, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Sunny, I agree with you that Ben and Courtney aren’t as “popular” as Jef and Emily in some ways, but overall, I don’t think I agree with your statement. Let’s say that Ben’s and Jef’s popularity are probably the same, although we should probably up Ben’s just a bit since he was both a contestant and a lead. And, re: Emily vs Courtney – I liken Emily to “Betty” and Courtney to “Veronica”. Both have plenty of appeal, just to different people and for different reasons. I actually do find it amazing that Ben and Courtney are still together, as neither impressed me with having outstanding communication skills. But hey – what do I know? Only what the people running the show want me to see.

20. kjam

August 31, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Reality Steve is right about Jemily. I know this couple. They are on the skids, totally. On their recent trip to Ghana with People Water, Emily was extremely high-maintenance (big surprise) and Jef couldn’t keep her happy. He’s WAY over his head and totally bought into the Emily delusion. He’s trapped in this reality game and he’s giving it a go, for “honorable” reasons. I wish he’d cut his losses and move on. The faking it is hurting his integrity. Emily is quite okay with throwing in Ricki into the public (or anyone else) to benefit herself. Personally, I can’t see this woman without throwing up a little. FWI, Em, you could smile, wave, say “hi”, hold Jef’s hand, when you’re on stage with him promoting People Water. Might make it look a bit more real…but glad you finally decided that you could make it last night, lol. All your deluded fans were so…lucky?

21. Sunnyside422

August 31, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Perhaps Athena, Ben & Court are together cause if they make it to 2 years, she gets to keep that awful ring he picked out for her. She could always sell it on ebay and some fan would buy it! I never feel sorry for Neil Lang and the costly rings, cause eventually he gets them back anyway!

22. Athena

August 31, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Sunny – If only…:)

23. maxi

August 31, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Well, now that it’s official Arie is out as the next bachelor my interest in the show is sunk…maybe that’s good!:) I was just never a Sean fan.

& kudos to Steve for knowing! I am sure that alone pisses Fleiss off.

24. karynr

September 1, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Damn. I was hoping to watch Arie throw more women up against a wall to kiss them. He was hot and I agree with the person who said he seemed sincere. He seemed like a genuinely nice person.

I know the whole story with Jemily isn’t out there yet, but I agree with the perception that Jef may be in over his head. I changed my mind about Emily during her season and thought maybe she wasn’t as cold and phone as I originally thought, but now I’m starting to wonder if she’s just playing this one big game with everyone, thriving off the media attention, and not caring who she impacts. Her actions and words don’t match up when it comes to her daughter. I guess the questions is, are they both playing the game, or is Jef stuck in some hellish fake relationship with someone playing him? Or, is the media playing everything up, as usual, and they are making an attempt at a true relationship? I guess time will tell!

25. heliofan

September 1, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Karnyr….I’ve met both Arie and his dad a couple of times and both seems very nice. I know Arie Sr.’s edit on the hometown date made it appear that he was cold but I did not get that impression from him at all. Of course just meeting vs knowing them is different but I can tell you that after meeting Danica Patrick in the same avenue she was a total B…so there you go.

26. steffy

September 1, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Who said Arie was out for sure? Steve? ROFLMAO

27. maxi

September 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM

@steffy, arie confirmed he’s not the next bachelor in some interview, basically said he is consentrating on racing.

28. heliofan

September 2, 2012 at 6:35 AM

@ maxi…I saw th.at article this am where he said he’s pulling out of the bachelor franchise right now because he’s trying to get back in a race car.

My son heard a rumor that one of the bigger IndyCar teams is looking at him to replace one of their drivers. I hope it’s true. Would love to see him in the IndyCar series.

29. karynr

September 2, 2012 at 8:11 AM

heliofan, I didn’t get the impression Arie Sr. was cold. In fact, when he told Emily they were talking about her (when they swiched languages) during the hometown date, I got the impression he has a good sense of humor and can be quite charming. I looked up his parents address, because I knew it wasn’t far from me, and they live about 2-3 miles up the street. Maybe I’ll run in to one of them one of these days??!!

Now I’m hoping for Roberto. Sean doesn’t do a thing for me, unless his shirt is off. I sure hope it’s not another boring season. Ben’s turn as the Bach was soooo bad.

I’ve heard that about Danica Patrick.

30. steffy

September 2, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Thanks Maxi, good for Arie, bad for me. I don’t care for Sean or Roberto, but if it comes down to the two of them I vote for Roberto. Sean seems boring.

31. heliofan

September 2, 2012 at 11:09 AM

@kaynr…hope you do get to meet the Luyndyks….that would be cool. Glad you got a good impression on Arie Sr. on the hometown dates. Some people I work with didn’t like Arie’s family and I told them it was the edit.

32. claudia1

September 4, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Please let SEAN be the next Bachelor!!!!!!!!!!!