Bachelor Pad 3

The “Bachelor Pad” Recap Including the Latest on the Next Bachelor

Well that was better than I expected. We’ll get to all my thoughts on the finale in a little bit, but first some things to cover. Vegas was a blast. Best weekend I ever had there. Or should I say most profitable. Fun times. I’m almost scared to ever go back considering I’d be shocked if I ever have that good of luck at the tables again. Ha ha, who am I kidding? I’ll be back at some point. Probably sooner rather than later. And a huge shout out to Biscayne Steakhouse at the Tropicana Hotel for the excellent meal Saturday night. I’m a sucker for steakhouses. I love em’ all. Thanks to my contact Rich and Biscayne for great accommodations that night. Will definitely be going back there. Just don’t tell Shaun T I pigged out. I’ve only got a week left and my 60 days are complete. Wow.

Obviously one of the biggest things on people’s minds is when the “Bachelor” announcement coming. The producers, Chris Harrison, and Fleiss have literally been teasing for over a month “you’ll get your answer soon,” yet still have said nothing is finalized. But remember, this is the norm. Emily was the only lead since they started recycling that was really announced very early (two months in advance). The last four Bachelors: Ben, Brad, Jake, and Jason, were all announced late in the process. Hell, Brad wasn’t “officially” announced by ABC until two days after he started filming. I can tell you now that filming has been pushed back a few days. The women will start arriving in LA on Friday Sept. 21st, and filming begins on Monday the 24th. So yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if we still don’t hear an announcement until late this week or even in to next week.

And now that I know the first night is being filmed on Monday the 24th, which coincides with the DWTS premiere, it’s safe to say that whoever the Bachelor is, regardless of it’s already been made official before then or not, he’ll be in attendance for the premiere. I can’t see why he wouldn’t be. That show begins filming at 5PM PST. You bring him on there, introduce him as the next Bachelor, he watches the show, then gets in a car and heads to the mansion for his first night of meeting the ladies. We know on the first night the contestants don’t start arriving until around 10-11pm at night, so plenty of time for the Bachelor to make his appearance on DWTS then high tail it back to the mansion. So I fully expect to see that now.

Right now, I think I feel comfortable in saying that Roberto is out of the picture. Back in June, when Life & Style first reported he was set to be the next Bachelor, I hadn’t heard a thing about it. So once I saw the story, I made some calls, and I was told he was definitely gonna do it, so I confirmed it. Then Sean and Arie started picking up steam, and the Roberto stuff never seemed to be going anywhere by what I was told. He’s still a candidate, as many people are according to Chris Harrison, but from what I’ve been told in the last 24 hours, I feel pretty confident in saying it’s gonna be Sean. I would be shocked if it wasn’t. If it’s not Sean, then they will have deviated from the last eight seasons and gone completely off book and not gone with a recycled contestant. Right now, regardless of what they want to spin to the media and string people along with, Sean is the only former contestant right now who’s under serious consideration. And since Fleiss has stated publicly at least three times that they can’t see themselves going back to the days where they cast someone nobody knows, I’d say Sean is gonna be it. I do not know what happened with the Roberto negotiations. If I can find anything out, I’ll let you know. They wanted him badly in June, but I have no idea what happened after that.

Sean has his fans, Sean has his haters. Roberto has his fans, Roberto has his haters. Arie has his lunatics, Arie has his haters. A new Bachelor will have his fans, a new Bachelor will have his haters. No matter what they do, some people will love the choice, some people will hate it, and some people will be neutral. No different than the previous 24 seasons. It’s the same show every season, just with different people. Nothing’s gonna change. Although Sean would definitely be the most religious person they’ve ever cast as the lead that’s for sure. And oh yeah, if Sean does get cast, I think I’m gonna share an interesting little story. Nothing scandalous, but definitely something fans of this show would like to hear. I personally think Sean would be the most different Bachelor they’ve ever cast. Not saying he’d be the best, just the most different. If I find something solid out, I’ll let you know.

1. nobody1

September 11, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Last night was absolutely hilarious…..

Rachel got what she deserved, which was nothing. I was getting to the point where I wanted to reach into the TV and smack the shit out of her becasue of her whiney act. How many effing times did Nick have to explain to her why he kept the money? Anyone with half a brain would have done the same if you were treated like he was throughout the season. Eff Rachel and everyone taking her side.

2. elainiec

September 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I couldn’t agree more – Nick played the game brilliantly and I did not feel bad for Rachel in that sense. I don’t think Nick owed anyone an apology. I do feel bad about how Michael treated Rachel, and behavior I wouldnt have expected from him, though who is to really know what these people are really like when the cameras are not rolling. I actually felt very bad for Lindzi, it seemed like she was blindsided by Erica’s comments, even for the short time they showed her face, you could see she was none too happy about the revelations regarding Kalon…i sense Lindzi thinks they have something serious and Kalon is “just being Kalon”. Next Bachelor Pad should be interesting….

3. traversingthetwincities

September 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM

My thoughts… I had no problem with what Nick did, I just think he was kind of douchey in his reaction (essentially laughing in the face of a girl crying on national TV). By all means, win the game & take the money. Just try to be semi-graceful.

My assumption is that Rachel will be back on Bachelor Pad next year if she chooses (and if they get another season, given the beyond dismal ratings).

Also, who is this vet/fan couple that Steve mentioned last week? I couldn’t figure it out based on last night’s show, but looking at Twitter, I’m wondering if it’s Paige/Nick?

4. akblondee

September 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM

It was a great show and I agree with the previous posters. Even knowing what was coming (thanks to RS) didn’t diminish the fun of the show. Was glad to see Chris B. act with some humility.

5. viewer

September 11, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Last night’s finale was the best part about watching this show. I do not think that Nick was even gloating…What he said in his speech was 100% correct. He had to convince Rachel to stay in order for him to remain in this game. That says it all. I understand loyalty and I understand integrity. Even based on that, I feel like he played the game perfectly. In fact, he had to adapt pretty quickly to the situation of being stuck with someone who wanted out and was about to leave him behind. He smartly made the best of the worse possible situation and I applaud him for that. I don’t feel that Rachel running after him and cursing did her any justice… For some reason, Rachel has turned into this overly dramatic person on this show. And I have not see any game coming from her when she was smitten with Michael. the only game decision that she made was to take Chris and Sarah to the final, and she basically did not even want to make that decision. Good job Nick for showing gamesmanship and determination.

6. bachfan101

September 11, 2012 at 1:11 PM

My random thoughts about the column and finale…

Steve – Thanks for rubbing in our faces that you have an “interesting story” about Sean, but can’t share it. What’s the point of even saying something if you can’t tell us?

When Jaclyn was supposedly refereeing to her friendship with Rachel and said- “Our relationship has never been the same since.” She could have very well been talking about her relationship with someone else (Ed, another contestant, etc). Steve always say they edit questions and answers however they want. They just wanted us to think Jaclyn wouldn’t vote for her bestie.

I was loving Erica Rose. She looked great without the extensions.

Jamie on the other hand needed serious fashion help! Did anyone see what Jaclyn tweeted about her? Making fun of her face jewels!

I was hoping to hear some funny stuff from those crazy twins. Bummed we didn’t hear a word out of them.

Rachel & Michael – I do feel bad for Rachel, but don’t understand how she feel so hard, so fast and is still that upset about it. I guess she really had deep feelings for him.

Blakely & Tony- Love them. I just hope she doesn’t break his heart.

I TOTALLY agree with Nick’s decision to choose keep. All his points were valid. I do feel back for Rachel though, but hey that’s the game! I thought I was funny when she said, “We had a discussion about this!” Of course he is going to tell her he will pick share, duh! Go Nick!

7. truebachelorfan4ever

September 11, 2012 at 1:12 PM

It is suddenly so clear, Nick is going to be the bachelor!!

ABC knew the ending of BP 3 weeks ago and will now use the is he a good or bad guy plot line to drum up interest for the Bachelorette just like Brad’s 2nd time.. it probably would have been Ari, but they couldn’t pass up this new drama when it fell in to their laps.

8. punka

September 11, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I love Rachel. Hottest girl on the show, for sure. She has a Charlize Theron thing going on last night, which is was nice. Looks best with hair pulled back or bangs swept to teh side. The striaght bangs do her no favors. Hides her great face shape. So yeah, I crushed on her.

As for the rest, great trainwreck viewing. Classic good times. Between Chris getting beat down, Jamie getting beat down, Rachel and Michael’s messy situation, and then the others chiming in, was awesome leading up to the big reveal. Thought it was a great game play move, and after Nick explained himself, I do not blame him at all. $250k is a lot of coinage, although the producers should give Rachel some extra mney just because of how it went down. Here pain was their gain.

9. sn77

September 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Hi Steve, do you happen to know why you prominently see the Neil Lane name on the inside of the box when it is first shown, but the next time they pan to it, it is edited out?

10. iheartvino

September 11, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Kudos to Steve for getting is the finale spoilers the day after it taped, and even more kudos to Nick for choosing keep and winning the game. Not only was everything he said in his speech accurate, but he also had a valid point when he got up and walked towards the rest of the contestants. I don’t recall exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of “Who here had said they were here to win $125K? Who here? No one! We were here for $250K.”

Yes, I feel bad for Rachel, but it’s a game show, and Nick played the game well and won. I”m sure Rachel will be fine.

11. iheartvino

September 11, 2012 at 1:32 PM

*us not is. (1st sentence) sorry

12. bachfan101

September 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM

@sn77- I always wonder that too. You see it, then it’s gone. The logo has to digitally imposed for clarity purposes, but I wonder why they remove it after it has already been shown.

13. catwoman

September 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Nick didn’t owe anything to anyone. If he and Rachel had developed a decent partnership then he might have felt a reason to “share”.
    She says to him that she is the reason he won….not true! If it was up to her they would have taken Jaclyn and Ed to the final and guaranteed they’d lose. It was him standing by his decision to take Chris and Sarah for the guaranteed win that got them there.
    Rachel: delusional.

14. lisanyc

September 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Rachel failed to read the rule book. She lost because she didn’t understand that you need to play the others 24/7, whether there is one person on your team or several, like in Survivor, even if you can’t stand them. But instead she lacked the self-awareness to realize she was constantly insulting and pissing Nick off. That’s poor psychological game play, and as a result, it’s no wonder he kept the money. She drove him to it, and I don’t blame him one bit. It’s a game, one that she failed miserably at.

I’d love to see CBS cast Nick ojn Survivor or Big Brother. I would love to see how he’d do on those shows. I think he’s one of the greatest reality show players in history. I’m in awe!

15. FanofSteve

September 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Thanks Steve for giving us the finale spoilers; otherwise I wouldn’t have watched the show, which happened to be the BEST entertainment I’ve ever seen from the Bachelor Franchise.
    Nick was awesome. After hearing the other contestants whimpering and whining and sniping at each other throughout the show, it was a thing of beauty to watch Nick calmly set out his reasoning and reveal his KEEP decision. No wonder the audience applauded approvingly.
    And Nick’s handling of Rachel’s hissy-fit backstage was thoroughly entertaining. What was it he said, just before exiting to the limo? Rachel called him a name (she called him so many that I can’t remember) and he said something like, “Yeah, but I’m a $%#(@! with $250,000.”
    Yay Nick!
    As for the Whacko Twins – I am SO glad they kept their mouths shut, although I’m 100% sure it wasn’t their choice; Bachelor Production must’ve threatened them with dire consequences if they even thought of saying anything.
    And Twinkly Jamie? What a nutjob!
    Fabulous finale.

16. bunbun

September 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM

@fanforever I don’t think Nick is going to be the next bachelor. Who would want to watch him?

17. maxi

September 11, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I may be alone on this, but I think nick was horrible. Not only did he take all the money and 1000% (I stole that from Steve;) was an asshole. He was Laughing, smirking, and not even feeling any sort of emotion for someone who DID help him win. He would not have won without Rachel.
    For people who say Rachel didn’t deserve it, fine, but how did nick “deserve” it?? Because he was greedy and picked “keep”? My gosh, did he ever even win a single challenge??
    Very disappointed. And Michael showed that a person can mess up and still be kind. You could see he felt horrible for what happened with him and Rachel. whereas nick was just a pig.

18. maxi

September 11, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Good lord, lots of grammar issues with my post!! Sent from my phone with no proof read, sorry all:)

19. locondcoco

September 11, 2012 at 2:24 PM

As Nick and Rachel were making their decision, I said aloud: “Nick has every right to select ‘keep'”. She didnt even want to be there. And when he made his big reveal, i literally stood up and applauded….haha. And i dont get how she can even realistically say that the ONLY reason he’s there was because of her. Good for Nick. I was with him 100% when he was giving his explanation.

20. readformindlessentertainmentandnothingelse

September 11, 2012 at 2:32 PM

No wonder RS now has a bromance with Nick. I could totally see them being BFFs, both slimy and disgusting. I am in the minority on the board so far regarding the outcome. I would be one of the lone few that would go into the game assuming I’d be sharing in the end with my partner. I’m sure they aren’t even allowed by producers to suggest they would only take 125K, as that would take away from the “drama.”

But I don’t think Nick played the game any differently than anyone else. He lied and hurt someone to get ahead. He was just so far in the background that he wasn’t given the opportunity to show his true colors. He was the one all over Donna the day she left, so I feel that if she had stayed, his northern head wouldn’t have been in the game at all.

The worst part to me is that he did get where he was because of his partnership with Rachel. If she had not trusted him enough to know that they had to take Chris/Sarah to the finals and had the confidence that they would split it, she never would’ve made that decision to hurt her friend for the benefit of the both of them. I’m sure she would’ve split her share with Jaclyn had she gotten the chance. She would’ve tried to make it right. So, he manipulated her (no different than Chris) into making a hurtful decision, knowing he was going to screw her in the end. How is that a good decision for anyone to ever make and still be able to sleep at night? Also, Rachel says backstage that he lied because they had already talked several times and agreed to share it. Again, coming out and lying. That is not playing a good game. Are we all really sitting here on this board and on twitter saying that “playing a game well” is best played by doing whatever it takes to win? That is not a game well played to me. I know this is just my opinion and someone people won’t like it, just like I don’t agree with some of the others on here, and us discussing it won’t make things any different, but that’s my little two cents worth.

Nick is no better than Chris in my book. At least Chris seemed a little remorseful for his actions. Nick seemed like he enjoyed seeing someone hurt because they were deceived and manipulated by him. I don’t like the way the game is laid out. I think if one person has the chance to win, then some challenges should be individual, but if it’s all couple based, then I think they should have to share it in the end, or be voted on individually in the end. Sorry for the long-winded post.

I still stand behind that Chris and Nick split the 250K.

21. Meghan

September 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

i totally agree, readformindlessentertainment, especially the last paragraph.

22. reddla

September 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

so glad i didn’t donate to this guy who seems to be rolling in the dough. enjoy.

23. Meghan

September 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Is anyone else having trouble getting comments to post? I wrote a long comment about the show and everytime I try to post it, I get a ‘that’s embarrassing! we can’t find what you’re looking for!’ error message. Yet my other comment posted…weird.

24. maxi

September 11, 2012 at 2:51 PM

@readformindlessentertainmentandnothingelse yes, yes, yes! Exactly how I feel as well. And I also feel he split w Chris! Suddenly opening a restaurant…it fits.

25. Meghan

September 11, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Ok, trying one last time…
    Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like splitting the money is the right thing to do. Even if everyone ignored him in the house (poor baby), that doesn’t justify the way he acted. And I totally disagree that choosing ‘keep’ was the ballsy thing to do. What would have taken balls, in my opinion, would be saying, “Look, no one in the house was friendly to me or included me in their alliance, and I don’t owe anyone anything, but I’m choosing to share because I’m choosing to be the bigger person.”
    I do find it interesting the Michael seems to be getting a ton of grief, while Nick is praised. At least Michael seems to genuinely admit he made a mistake and has apologized over and over.

26. viewer

September 11, 2012 at 2:55 PM

this game is a game of partnerships and relationships, and it includes the partnership or relationship or lack thereof that you have with your partner…That is why you have the otion to share or keep, otherwise there would be a couple winning the pot. With that being said, Nick won that part of the challenge as well! I also think that Rachel should have put Keep too, but heck, she did not.. They had no reason to share with each other. People are delusional if they think that this place is only about making friends. It’s a game, and I hate to use a Kalon point but, the definition of game is: A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck. If Rachel had said: scr*ew Michael, am staying in this game and making the most of it. And strategize with Nick, from the start of their partnership, than I am sure she would have won the game as well.

27. Meghan

September 11, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Maxi, in my comment that won’t post (??) I was trying to say I agree with you. For some reason, when I took that paragraph out, it posted. Anyway, it’s not just you!

28. Sunnyside422

September 11, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Since I failed to watch BP…good choice I might say…lovin’ RS’s recap and people’s comments. Always thought Nick was very attractive, but didn’t know he had the savvy to play a smart game. Kudos to him. Rachel…sad to say, she is not a bright person (but then are any of the women who agree to join this show)!?

Sean as Bachelor will be a bore. Watching his awful kissing technique…sucking the girl’s upper lip…ugh, will be a major turn off. I’d even enjoy Ryan and his goofy self love. But then I have a choice not to watch as I did for BP.

29. karynr

September 11, 2012 at 3:10 PM

That was frigging awesome! Nick didn’t owe Rachel a thing. Rachel wouldn’t have been there if she hadn’t ridden Michael and Jaclyn’s coattails to the end. On Ben’s season and BP, Rachel showed she does not have a lot of backbone, and seems to need to glom onto others to make her way through life. And while I think Michael played her, he seems to be aware of his mistakes, and hopefully learned a good lesson. I still think he’s a good guy. All of us have probably led someone on at one time or another. But not on TV for the whole world to see! Rachel seems to have the damsel in distress thing down pat! I get so irritated at these instant relationships. People fall in lust and are joined at the hip, then it always crashes and burns. Been there, done that. It’s hard to build a deep, meaningful relationship in 8-9 days.

Erica Rose looked much better without those extensions.

As far as Kalon and Lindzi, did anyone catch the expressions on her face when Chris H. was talking about their relationship? If I was reading her expressions correctly, she looked sad and frustrated, and I think RS is right, they are kaput. Maybe it’s at the tail end, but there’s something off with that couple. I still have no idea if there’s any depth to Lindzi.

I LOVE Tony and Blakely and wish them well. I think they might be really good for each other.

And don’t even get me started on Chris. I get the impression that if his family and friends weren’t all over him about his behavior, he could have cared less. The guy is a real pr***. And I love how he said he’s had enough because so many people were all over him about his behavior. Let me go find my violin to play. He is truly disgusting and looked really puffy and bloated last night.

As far as the rest of them, I hope they’re done with their 15 min. I know I’ve had enough!

Jamie…I may have defended her a few weeks ago, but she was a real piece of work last night. As soon as she opened her mouth I realized she doesn’t have a clue…..about anything.

30. winner7

September 11, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Thank You Nick for providing one of the greatest moments in the history of the Bachelor franchise! Your speech was so beautiful and crushing at the same time – Glorious my man! Game well played and enjoy the $250K – you DESERVE it regardless of what that idiot Jaclyn and the rest of her clique thinks.

Only an idiot can’t understand that Nick laid low, avoided drama, and week by week moved forward and stayed alive as part of a strategy. Just because you don’t try and bully people or are outspoken or try to orchestrate voting doesn’t mean you don’t have a strategy. Nick was an outsider, was treated as such, knew it, and knew that he couldn’t rock the boat much or he was finished. Well played Nick!

But when the time came and the situation called for strong action, Nick stepped up and beat Rachel into submission and got her to vote off her best friend – so well played and a huge clutch move by Nick – knowing when to lay back and when to step up and take command. Beautiful.

The irony of these morons like Jaclyn who don’t feel that Nick ‘deserved’ to win is that Nick is probably the most deserving and truly earned the money. The absolute easiest way to keep advancing and win is to be an insider in a powerful clique, no question. But Nick was an outsider from Day 1, he was used, he was expendable, etc etc – he was a humongous underdog and was against huge odds to keep advancing and to win – “haha no chance he could win, he’s not one of us”. The guy won anyway on the toughest road, the “outsider” road. Huge facial on the cliques. HUGE. And everyone in the audience loved it.

As for his attitude at the end, I would be beaming too if I just snagged $250K. And there is no doubt he took pleasure, and rightly so, in stuffing it in the face of Rachel and the clique who I am sure he was quite sick of listening to whine every day about Michael, about how he was lucky to be her partner, about how he was not deserving, blah blah blah, even during the Finale he had to listen to the same BS from these people. Eff them, well done Nick.

All Rachel had to do upon getting linked with Nick as a partner is be cool and say something like “hey even though I am bummed Michael is gone, let’s look forward and rock this thing together. I’m in 100% with you, I’ve got your back, etc etc.” Instead she whined and moaned, tried to cut the guy as a partner, wanted to leave, and was basically an insufferable whiney little downer who was also rudely condescending toward Nick. If she played it that way I feel almost certain Nick would have shared, but she played that relationship TERRIBLY and truly gave the guy no incentive to share and every reason to say eff you I am keeping the money.

Way to Go Nick, I toast you my brother!

31. safarirand

September 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Really really tired of the amount of foul language that was in the finale. Those girl’s parents must be so proud.

32. sandybeaches40

September 11, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I think people are missing the point when they say Nick or Rachel “Deserved” to win or not win. IT’S A GAME! NICK WON! He lied (in poker we call it a bluff) and the odds paid off. He wasn’t there for love, he was there for money. I say way to go, and no I won’t ever play poker with him!

Found it hilarious how at t he beginning Jamie and the twins and someone else, don’t recall who, anyway, they didn’t get cheered by the audience – and Jamie looking all confused and butt hurt over it. Girl, you are just weird!

If this is how Bachelor Pad is going to be from here on out (and Nick opened a door) then I say it stands a chance at finally having some interest to watch it again.

TTFN!

33. D-Runner

September 11, 2012 at 5:35 PM

As Steve may have pointed out before; Rachael was never going to win regardless. If Micheal was still around and they stayed partners, nobody was going to allow Michael to win the final…

34. msangie

September 11, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I applaud Nick’s winning, but hope he has the sense to take his prize, go live his life and be happy and never associate with this franchise/”family” again.
    It was great to hear Kalon make his point about the meaning of “deserve.” It was long overdue, especially for Chris and Erica, who in earlier episodes, boasted a number of times that they deserved to be there. Too bad Kalon didn’t whip out his dictionary again when Chris kept explaining that he can’t regret something that he can’t change. Does he “regret” being an idiot? Obviously not, by his definition. Maybe he was still gloating over his “big moment” of making BP history. In reality, his “bold” move was pathetic, and on the same level as crying for mommy.

Whoever posted above that they thought Nick never won a challenge, he won the Nightranger challenge, in fact the only one that mattered as it assured him a place at the finale. Most challenges were lame anyway, and winning them didn’t prove much of anything. Winning at the bachelor trivia game, for example, only proves the franchise occupies too much of your life. Since much of the drama revolves around who wins and who loses each challenge, sometimes it might be better strategy to not win and just make sure you don’t finish last.

35. blondienyc

September 11, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Nick was brilliant!!! If any of you have seen interviews with him after the finale last night, he said he intended to share the money with Rachel until he watched the show and saw how badly everyone talked about him in their ITMs. How on earth can you peopel feel bad for Rachel when she smashed Nick repeatedly on camera?? She kept talking about Michael, she wanted to go home several time. She did not have his back so why should he be loyal to her? The entire alliance was so smug and catty to everyone that they all got what they deserved. Karma’s a bitch.

Well played, Nick. Well played!!

36. c104

September 11, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Steve,
    You insult Arie’s fans every chance you get. Why is that?

37. c104

September 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM

And, the plugs and commercials in your first paragraph were pathetic. No, I am not jealous. Never liked Vegas.

38. flightgirl

September 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Well according to your logic Steve in saying that Erica was the one who advanced Nick, then you can interchange that with Kalon or the BP producers. They were the ones that urged on and allowed Chris to bring Erica into the voting room.. Chris should never have been allowed that advantage and if he hadn’t, Chris would have gone home and not Michael. Thus resulting in the partnership of Nick and Sarah.
    Why are you kissing up to ER?

I feel Nick played the game great and won fairly but his flaunting it in Rachels face and his disrespect of her when she had lost was uncalled for. That made me dislike him and not that he won.

39. cardgirl

September 11, 2012 at 6:44 PM

c104, agreed. RS has a serious inferiority complex when referring to Arie. Anyone that is a fan of Arie’s is a lunatic, according to RS. *yawn*

40. jessica1

September 11, 2012 at 6:50 PM

msangie — “when Chris kept explaining that he can’t regret something that he can’t change. Does he “regret” being an idiot?”

LOVE IT! Exactly what was bugging me too.

And tho’ I realize they edit these things like crazy, I thought it was completely odd and manipulative that Harrison only appeared to ask Rachel, right before she and Nick cast their choice, he asked her if she trusted Nick.

That totally set her up for revealing her “trust” of Nick (which she said) and we could assume she’d write “share”.

BUT THEY DIDNT’ ASK HIM…so if he didn’t reveal anything, but she did, Nick would know to vote.

41. sandrahypnosis

September 12, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Hello Rachel….this is a game remember when you cut out your “best friend Jaclyn”…how soon you forget…this is called ‘KARMA’. At least you weren’t Nick’s best friend. He played the game right and just like Game of Thrones he blew everyone away with his humble beginnings. He is clever and smart…..when I heard about it I was thinking how f’ed up that was but, when I saw it…I was happy and loved it because, he played fair. If I was a jury I’d say he was innocent and played by the rules. In Bachelor Pad half the people get their feelings hurt and if we made money bets off of everyone that got upset or cried we’d win lots of money. THIS IS A GAME…hope the next cast is smart enough to go in as a game and not blast their strategy and cockiness like stupid ass Chris….(probably encouraged to be the bad guy for show purposes). It was exciting to see how it played out…. They need to get smarter people on show next time….the women are so weak…we need some tough bitches….lol

42. jdub

September 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM

While I’m not sure that Nick actually *planned* to be under the radar (he admitted he’d have partnered with someone if there had been a romance), he perfectly played the hand he was dealt. Even though I had read the RS spoilers, I was on the edge of my seat – when he said, “And so I decided to keep it,” I shrieked. (No, I’m not proud.) All I could think was, “He’s the Kaiser Soze of reality TV.” The montage they showed over the final credits confirmed it. This should be the last season of BP, ’cause it can’t get any better.

43. quadsmom

September 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM

LOL…that was an awesome finale!

My husband said “I think I may love Nick; I want a t-shirt with his picture on it” lmao
    (he almost says all the same things in your recaps that you do Steve; thinks the show is a joke!)

44. kitkat29

September 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I hope that Nick use that money for therapy and hair plugs. Because the guys has some hatred towards women…and is going bald. I don’t have a problem with what he did, I have a problem with the way he acted afterwards. He just played to a FEW audience members who were just jealous because Rachel is prettier then they will ever be. Money doesn’t buy happiness…and this guy is clearly unhappy.

45. Dianne

September 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I heart Nick! Way to go! He totally owed nothing to Rachel, and the fact that all she did was whine and whine over the “loss” of Michael, made the fact that Nick didn’t decide to share even better!

46. sarah771978

September 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM

What really cracks me up is the fact that Rachel kept saying “You’re here because of me!”…. AH no Rachel, queen of the delusional people. He is there because Erica took out Michael. The challenge after that, Cris and Sara won, getting rid of Blakely and Tony. And then you guys won the Karaoke challenge.

Rachel was there because she rode on the coat tails of Michael, and when he got booted, Nick had to fight to keep her there. How many times did we hear “I don’t care about the money anymore, I just want to go home.” Well guess what Rachel; Nick heard ya and he gave you what you asked for.

What is the line… be careful of what you ask for, you just might get it…

I was with Nick 1000%. They all thought that he was beneath them; they didn’t give him a second thought. And look how it ended. And I am sorry to say, but when everyone is telling you that you don’t deserve to win, and telling you that you are a horrible, disgusting person, and in no way being congratulatory, yeah, you want to flaunt it a bit. I have no problem with the way he handled it. They all have an overinflated sense of worth including Nick and Rachel, and he bet on it.
    Way to go Nick!

47. meyer

September 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Well done Nick!! Well done!!! I would have done the same thing if I was treated the way he was. I hope he was laughing all the way to the bank!

48. DawsMA

September 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Michael Stag’s blog was enlightening, though not exactly surprising. For those interested, here is the link:

I love how he pointed out their “relationship” only spanned about 8 or 9 days in real time. Hilarious! Rachel should be mortifed to have acted like that after less than two weeks with this guy. She has some growing up to do.

49. ashella

September 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM

The fact that Rachel kept insisting “you’re here because of me” further proves that she didn’t give two shits about Nick or their partnership and that Nick owed her nothing.

As for his celebrating and not seeming like he cared… he just won a quarter of a million dollars! I’m sure if you had just won that much money you wouldn’t be able to contain yourself or care what people thought either. He didn’t owe her half of the $250k and, in my opinion, didn’t even owe her any sympathy after.

Props to Nick for being a schmuck with $250k!

50. aogden

September 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I was also at Twelve and Highland in Manhattan Beach over Labor Day weekend and saw Kalon (got my pic taken with him). He was there with another girl and a guy, but he wasn’t AT ALL acting like he was on a date with that girl. They just looked like a group of friends. And he was super friendly when I asked for a picture.