The Bachelorette 8 - Emily

The Full US Weekly Story (Retracted), My Emails with Kaylee, & Questions On My Mind

A week from today, next Friday night the 5th, I’ll be in NY having a get together at 8:00pm at Bounce Sporting Club, 55 West 21st Street (between 5th and 6th Ave). We have an area reserved for anyone that wants to come hang out. No charge, but I’d gotten enough people asking me where I was going to be next weekend, and since I have family stuff going on, it’d be best to just find a location where people could all meet and hang out. Special thanks to Bounce for the accommodations and hope to see as many of you out there as possible. And if you’re a Yankee fan, you better be hoping they are NOT playing that night, since that’ll mean their 162 game season just came down to one game. Don’t get me started on the new baseball playoff format. It’s so mind numbingly stupid, it makes the replacement refs look like MENSA members.

Ok, lets get to why you’re all reading today, and that’s to see the email exchange between myself and Kaylee Shepherd, the girl who told her story to US Weekly for their cover this week. On the next page, I have scanned the whole story in its entirety so everyone of you can read it, and not just go off of links where other websites are just paraphrasing it. It’s a five page story. What you’ve read the last two days on other websites are just excerpts from it. Read the whole story. It’s definitely pretty incriminating. (UPDATE: Due to copyright laws, I’ve had to take this down. So go buy it at your local newsstand or grocery store). At the very least, it brings up some serious questions. At least for me it does, and I’ll get to those later. Before you begin reading the story then followed by the emails, keep these things in mind:

-My emails with Kaylee are completely separate from the US Weekly story. One has nothing to do with the other. I guess you could say Kaylee’s emails are a “prequel” to what US Weekly released this week. My emails with Kaylee were from April 20th through May 17th. I have not heard a word from Kaylee since the last email you see written on May 17th. Hell, yesterday I said April through July because that’s when I thought it was, but when I went back and cut and pasted all the emails, I realized it was May. It’s been over 4 months since I’ve heard anything from her, nor do I expect to.

-For those thinking these are doctored or I’m just making these emails up… please. Do you realize how much trouble I could get into for doing that? These are the emails Kaylee and I had with each other 6 months ago cut and pasted from my inbox.

-You’ll notice on a few of the email exchanges, if you look at the time stamp, I receive an email from her, and then the time on my response is BEFORE the one she sent me. So once again, for all you conspiracy theorists (Jemily fans), that’s not doctored. Every email that I receive has a time stamp on it to when I receive it in Central Standard Time, because that’s the time zone I live in. When I respond back, the time zone that I’m writing to appears. So since Kaylee lives in Mountain Standard Time, she’s an hour behind me. So if I write back five minutes after she emails me, the time stamp will show it’s 55 minutes before she sent her email. Not at all important, but I already know some people are going to dissect these emails to try and say they’re fake. They’re not. Hell, just read them. You really think I’d take the time to fake 36 emails about something that happened 6 months ago?

-Me printing these emails today has nothing to do with some sort of vendetta against Kaylee. I never spoke to her on the phone once. I don’t even have her number. This was the only form of correspondence we ever had. As you read the emails, you’ll see that I had no intention of ever telling her story unless she wanted to and wanted her name out there. This was a dead story that was never even going to be a blip on my radar again. But once she gave her story to US Weekly this week, why wouldn’t I come out and share what she told me months ago? As you’ll see, there’s nothing scandalous in these emails. All I’m doing is trying to present her as 1) an actual real person 2) someone that did have a relationship with Jef before the show 3) someone that knew an awful lot about him 4) and that she had every opportunity to sell him out to magazines months ago, and she didn’t.

So read the US Weekly story on the next page (actually, I’ll just include a link that covers most of the quotes), followed by the email exchange me and her had from April 20th – May 17th, and I’ll give you my thoughts afterwards…

1. bigfatwoman

September 28, 2012 at 2:35 PM

First comment….Dianne and Carol…ENOUGH!!! What a pissing contest between the two of you. Oy Vey!

I have been outspoken for my love of Jef and Emily….I don’t know what to believe, so time will tell. As in life, people are not always what they seem – but I was hopeful!! I’ll tell you two things I take from this story….

1) Kaylee — obviously a needy little girl….WHO!? “waits” for their boyfriend to go on a dating show and then emails some blogger to find out details? Who does that you ask? Someone insecure and a little desperate to hang on. Draw your own conclusions.

2) Steve confirmed his icky side. He bashes this franchise for their tactics to get some emotion out of limo rides after rejection….and yet he practically begs Kaylee to get upset, get revenge, cry, do something!!!

Steve, you are essentially a tabloid writer yourself. I see the grease glistening from your photo. Plus, the way you dissect all the details….you must get a hard on while you’re writing.

2. stonger

September 28, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I looked at Kaylee’s google site. It reads like a 12 year old telling a story. If Jef was doing her, he should be hiding and denying. What a tangled web. I say, all of them need to close their accounts, put Ricki first and go away, for awhile. They all look pathetic, which is their choice, but Ricki Hendrick doesn’t have a choice.

3. jsmith

September 28, 2012 at 3:01 PM

My bad, Carol is right. She was the one that said “get ready to dig into your legal fund”. Dianne….. you are very wrong my friend. You are confused on the issue here. It’s not an issue of reproducing someone’s work without giving credit… bc he did give credit. The problem is that normally a blogger will post a small piece of an article which in turn makes people want to go out and buy the magazine to read the entire piece (this is what US weekly does on it’s website). But printing the entire article via screen shot where readers can see every detail… well, that has the complete opposite effect. Readers have seen it all for free and have no reason at all to go and purchase the magazine. Just wait until US sees their numbers for this week and realizes just how much Steve cost them.

His spoilers are his opinions and people don’t necessarily have to believe them. People had to choose to believe him 100% in order to not watch the show. But in this case, he has printed their article in it’s entirety, leaving us no reason to purchase the magazine…. severe revenue damage.

4. kellyj

September 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I am in the .01%. Well said.

5. sopearl

September 28, 2012 at 4:23 PM

This stood out as I read Kaylee’s comments responding to your question about why Jef did the show :

“As far as the People Water thing.. I’m sure that had something to do with him getting on the show. People Water is very successful and it’s still fairly new. ABC loves to get people with interesting careers, successful, etc. So, it works for ABC and it works for People Water.”

Doesn’t that sound a bit too informed about ABC’s practices for a naive and sad ex-girlfriend? How does she know what kind of careers ABC likes? She makes the statement like it is absolute fact.

Something doesn’t add up here.

6. bnfan

September 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Hey, Steve, you said that the number one thing Jef needs to address is why he contacted Kaylee on Sept.16. But you said in your email to her on May 17th, 10:43 AM: “and he hasn’t bothered to contact you since he got back? Somethings not right.” Well, Jef has bothered to call Kaylee since he got back. Care to explain this apparent contradiction? Not trying to attack you, but I’m not understanding you.

7. bnfan

September 28, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Also, you said, “So the US Weekly story is pretty straight forward. Kaylee says she hadn’t heard a word from Jef until July 22nd, three weeks after the finale aired.” Maybe it was an honest mistake on your part, but the finale aired on July 22nd — NOT three weeks before.

8. bnfan

September 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Steve said, “But he was so quick to shoot down his brothers claims to ‘People’ magazine, if he doesn’t address this and say he never met Kaylee and those weren’t his texts, isn’t he basically admitting it’s true? If you shoot down one story, but give a ‘no comment’ or go silent on the next, the public is going to think it’s true.” To this, I say, not necessarily. If I were Jef, if I thought a 100% false report came out about me, I would be angry and would want to set the record straight. By the time the 2nd or 3rd reports come out, I would be like, “What’s the use. People are going to sell lies if they want to. People are going to believe lies if they want to. Why bother to set the record straight any more? Just as long as my family and close friends know the truth.” What would you all do in Jef’s shoes?

9. stonger

September 28, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Unless BNfan some portion of these reports are true. If they are true to any degree and your busted, of course you will set a pattern of denial. If he said well yeah she was talking to Matt behind my back but not exactly sexting or well yeah I called my ex GF after Emily went to sleep, but nothing happened. There is something here, theonly reason we are talking about is is because they are being very very public with this perfect love story bullshit, they want us involved or there would not be all these pics and tweets. so ok, your brother and exGF say something different then what you are feeding us. What would I do if I were Jef or Em you asked? Get out of the spot light. Stop feeding the public. Stop making a big deal and go live your lives. BUT these guys are after fame and fortune, price you pay, kids! Especially when your amateurs.

10. reese

September 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM

hahaha this is so pathetic..how can Jef be meeting with this girl Kaylee on Sept 16..when during that day he was coaching Rickis soccer game..there are pics to prove it on his twitter. unless jef has a twin..get a life loser ex girlfriend or shall i say maybe you were just booty call girl

11. normainmiami1952

September 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM

My two cents: To soon to tell what is going on. There are three sides to every story: Jef’s, Kaylee’s and the truth. Kaylee is 21 years old, so young! and she is a scorn woman, no doubt about it. To me Jef is …..Jef, young, passionate, good heart, and time will tell if he is really ready to be a husband and a father. I believe that Kayleee was writing to Steve to get info about Jef, and after finding out about the engagement she wants revenge.. After all the gossip that has come out about Jef and Emily I think that we need to wait and see what happens.

12. kasey31

September 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM

@randias- exactly 41 hours left!!! : )

13. chloesmoma

September 29, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Reese…You may want to get your dates straight….that game was the 15th and he flew to Utah on the 16th….also neither of them had any Tweets, pics or Instagrams posted from the last one on the 15th till like the 18th or 19th…besides if you follow them on FB or Twitter they usually post all these lovey dovey pics of how in love they are but the last week or so has been none of them together…They are both in San Diego but he has been out with his friends most of the time..Emily’s last few tweets have been sorta cryptic….I think they are on the brink…

14. stonger

September 29, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Rick Hendrick issued an ultimatum.

15. woogs

September 29, 2012 at 8:29 AM

I can only imagine how she must feel. She was a looser all the way around on Bachelor Nation. She has quite an ego. So this must feel really be hard for her. The sooner she admits it and moves on, the less pressure she will feel. It’s got to be really rough. I think some therapy and her REAL friends and family are much needed right now. No matter what team we supported Emily is a sad, pitiful, mess inside right now. Think about it. I say go home, get her Mom to come stay awhile. Get super involved with Ricki’s school and let love come to her naturally before she has a nervous breakdown from the stress she has put on herself. These crazy Twitter people are NOT really her friends and neither is the Bachelorette Franchise, they are all using her to fill their own needs. This was her own choice and it can be her choice to say NO more. It is never too late Emily

16. iheartvino

September 29, 2012 at 9:05 AM

@randais and @kasey- 36 hours!!!!!!

17. JustJenna

September 29, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I hate when you tell us you’re being told stuff “behind the scenes” but then won’t tell us what it is. In that case, just don’t bring it up!

18. JustJenna

September 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Also what is the hourly countdown to?

19. iheartvino

September 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM

@JustJenna- I agree, it would be better not to say anything at all.

Re: the countdown, a few of us on here are completely obsessed with the show Revenge and we’ve been counting down the days (and now hours! less than 26!) til the season two premiere tomorrow night.

20. JustJenna

September 29, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Oooh! Well count me in cause I’m obsessed with Revenge as well, but I never get to watch it when it airs, so I have to depend on places like torrentleech.org to download it. (I have an invite if you want one, just email me at justjennati at gmail dot come) Yaaaay here comes premiere night =D

21. JustJenna

September 29, 2012 at 11:04 PM

er thats dot com not dot come. LOL

22. randais

September 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM

@iheart & Kasey…..FOUR HOURS! EEEEEKKKKK

23. carmondy

September 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Could it be Jef met up with Kaylee to get even with Emily over the sexting with Leinart? After all, Jef had to know he would be spotted with Kaylee in a place as public as a Burger King – AND – he had to know the tabloids would report it. Why else would he pretend the next day that the meeting never happened? I agree with RS, where there is smoke, there is fire.

24. iheartvino

September 30, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Less than 5 hours!! (On the west coast anyway!!) I hope everyone enjoys the premiere tonight. I know I will!

25. randais

September 30, 2012 at 5:02 PM

oops my bad, I was jumping the gun by an hour….ONLY ONE HOUR TO GO!

26. heliofan

September 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM

@Carmondy….I was thinking the same thing.

27. sandybeaches40

October 1, 2012 at 9:27 AM

For some crazy reason I was watching some youtube footage of Brad & Emily – specifically their ATFR and seeing how upset Emily was about the way Brad just went all out with the other gals, and made a comment of how she thought something special would have been shared with just her. Then I remembered her season with Jef and Arie and I’m thinking – you two faced little *#&@ – what did you leave for Jef that was special?

28. randais

October 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I KNEW she was alive! Hah Victoria lives…good news, bad news kind of thing.

29. Kaleb

October 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Bad people don’t die!!
    Is it just me or do y’all dislike the fake Amanda as well?
    I’m getting tired of her face.

30. kasey31

October 1, 2012 at 3:25 PM

@randais and iheart-
    i was sooo happy to see vic! and i was surpirsed they didnt drag it out that she was still alive.. already looking forward to next week 🙂

and, no.. im not sick of fauxmanda.. i actually think she does a reeeally good job playing that part.. it would be a difficult role to play, imo.. she has a lot of different angles and sides to her character, and i think she plays them well..

31. iheartvino

October 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM

@randais and @kasey- I LOVED it! I don’t know anyone that really believed she was dead. I knew she’d be back but I thought they’d wait and have her reappear at some point later in the season when we least expected it. I’m excited for next week’s episode already too.

@kasey I think Fauxmanda’s character adds a lot to the storyline and she does do a great job with the role as you said. How awkward was that last night when Jack walked in and Em said “Do you want to tell him or should I?” 🙂

32. kasey31

October 1, 2012 at 4:18 PM

i know, i loved that part!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 haha..
    i think it’s in her eyes or something.. i like her facial expressions when she acts.. i love every single actor in that show, actually 🙂 .. i cant imagine anyone else playing those roles.. idk if i like the new takeda though 🙁 ok ill stop with the faces now lol.. 😉

33. kasey31

October 1, 2012 at 5:48 PM

btw, best line last night? “youre so boss-om!”

34. randais

October 1, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I don’t like faux Amanda, she’s a tart!

So don’t you wonder, what happened to the rest of the people on the plane?

And how does Vicky NOT see that clam? I mean c’mon, was it there yesterday? I don’t think so. 😀

35. randais

October 1, 2012 at 6:10 PM

And who the heck are these new Asian’s trying to drown our Emily? Way to introduce a new story line, well played ABC, well played.

36. kasey31

October 1, 2012 at 6:35 PM

@randais- whats a tart? lol.. you dont like her character or you just dont like her as a person? if you dont like her character, then shes doing a good job..

and the new asians? i only noticed one, which was the new takeda.. the old takeda was replaced…

37. kasey31

October 1, 2012 at 6:43 PM

@randais- the clam WAS there.. emily took it from the mantle just to put the camera in it.. then she put it back in place the next day..

as for what happened with the rest of the people on board, i dont think the writers forgot about that.. im sure those questioins will be answered this season.. obviously they can only cover so much ground in one episode 😉

38. amity

October 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM

@JustJenna, I am not able to watch Revenge during my local time slot because I get up early. So the next day, I just go to abc.com and watch it there. Free and easy!

Anyone else just tuning in to Revenge and confused…watch the whole first season on Netflix.

Okay sorry, back to Bachelor. 🙂

39. iheartvino

October 1, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Yep, Emily took the clam when Victoria wasn’t looking, and gave it to Nolan so he could plant the cam in it. She then brought the “clam cam” with her and planted it when she went back to see Victoria the second time.

I read somewhere that they’ll talk about what happened after the plane crashed in one of the upcoming episodes. I hope they show us how they got Victoria off the plane and what followed from there.

40. randais

October 2, 2012 at 4:35 AM

OH dang, now I’m going to have to go back and watch again. Completely missed the “clam snatching” action.

I also, missed a Takedo replacement? When did that happen? Wasn’t the guy with him some kind of Asian mix/descent?

I’m sure they will address all those questions, I’m just not that patient. I’m also anxious to find out how/when she let her daughter in on it. Can I also say, when Emily went to see Vicky the fist time, how’d she get past all the “government security”? Didn’t they say she was under government protection?

As for the faux Amanda, I don’t know her personally :D, so yeah, her character is what I don’t like..as in, she’s a tease/easy/dishonest/untrustworthy. Yeah, I think that about covers it :D. So I guess you’re right, she’s doing her job.

41. Kaleb

October 2, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Yeah, faux Amanda gets on my nerves as a character. I can’t help but feel bad for her at times though. I don’t think Jack is the father either. I just can’t imagine the writers writing something like that because they wouldn’t be able to undo it.

42. kasey31

October 2, 2012 at 7:36 AM

@randais- well i only caught takeda was replaced when she called him takeda.. i guess the original takeda had scheduling conflicts.. and i believe the guy that was with him was british.. but i could be wrong.. definitely didnt appear to be asian though.. .

i was wondering the same thing about getting through security, too.. maybe charlotte gave her some secret password? maybe the whm let her through? idk!

@kaleb- i agree.. theres no way the writers would allow that to happen.. although it will probably get dragged out.. im sure fauxmanda will fake the test results..

43. debb0

October 2, 2012 at 7:56 AM

And what about the very 1st scene where Jack’s boat, Amanda, is found under water? They showed the compass Em gave him, the family photo & they find a body. The shirt that’s on the body Is in the next scene hanging up near Jack. It just can’t be Jack. Think they will go several episodes before we find out who was on that boat, like last year when they had us believing Daniel was shot.

44. randais

October 2, 2012 at 9:53 AM

@debb – Great observation! I too, noticed the “family photo” shot and was amazed at the durability of a picture in a frame underwater! Definitely looking forward to further enlightenment on that front.

@kasey – Well maybe not “asian” in the true sense of the word, as in his heritage, but he definitely spoke the language fluently and appeared to be the “new Takeda’s” second/relative, so I lumped him in with the “asian” description. Again, I must have missed her calling him by name so thanks. Clearly I was so excited to finally have this series airing again I was probably hyperventilating during those scenes :D.

And then we have the whole white haired guy/Vicky connection. More fun to come.

45. debb0

October 2, 2012 at 10:06 AM

@raindais- at first, I thought it was going to be the plane that the divers were searching, but they clearly showed the name Amanda on the boat opening up another new storyline!

46. randais

October 2, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Yeah, yeah..no you’re right. I remember that part. I thought it was some kind of dream sequence, that I’d missed the relativity to and I’d forgotten about it since it was at the beginning of the episode.

47. colonlc10

October 2, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Guys not cool! I haven’t watched revenget yet and came here to read the comments about the “scandal” and am having to jump over the revenge posts so I don’t read about what happened yet. I DVR’d it and am watching tonight……………

48. randais

October 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM

@colon – these comments won’t make that much sense until you watch it, you know like RS. 😀

49. debb0

October 2, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Hmmmm, Randais, you might be right. Hadn’t thought of that, it surely could have been Jack’s dream. Only time will tell. Sorry to Bach fans about all the revenge posts. (At least RS is still getting paid with all our clicks). 🙂

50. debb0

October 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

OK, last comment. If you google revenge/tv guide, there’s a spoiler article today with some hints of what’s to come this season.