Just a few “Reader Emails” to get to today since there probably won’t be another column until next week. Enjoy…
What are you talking about? Jef and Emily are clearly happy together. Haven’t you seen all the cute pics on Twitter with them smiling together?
Comment: Yes, of course. Because we all know the more pictures and tweets you constantly send out about your significant other totally tells the full picture of how in love a couple is. I thoroughly enjoyed the sarcasm in that email. Couldn’t agree more. Twitter and Instagram means nothing. Sorry. If people think they know about Jef and Emily’s relationship because of what they tweet and post pictures of (which lets face it, is what 99% of their fans are going off of because they don’t have anything else to cling on to), then of course they’re going to think everything is fine. Why wouldn’t they? Let them keep thinking that and eventually, they’ll be brought back to reality. Probably sooner rather than later.
Hello! I have a few mostly pointless questions.
1) How long does Paige last?
2) I didn’t watch all of Emily’s season as her incredibly high pitched voice drove me crazy, so I don’t know much about Sean. Is he religious enough that a girl not being religious would cause him not to pick her? If so, that seems strange because Emily wasn’t religious (?) and he wanted to be with her.
3) Why don’t you think he and Kacey B. would work?
4) Irrelevant, but do you read any good Survivor review sites/blogs that you could recommend? I followed an awesome review blog, but they stopped blogging this season, and I’m missing out!
Comment: 1. She got eliminated on the first night.
2. I don’t think Sean will pick anyone that doesn’t have a strong sense of faith, moral values, and a relationship with God. There’s a difference between being religious and having a relationship with God. I don’t think they necessarily have to be a religious person for Sean to pick them. But he’s not going to pick someone that doesn’t believe in God.
3. If Sean wanted to be with Kacie, he would’ve been with her and they would’ve hit it off when they hung out for a weekend in New York back in September. They didn’t. I have no idea why she decided to do the show.
4. Yes, read Scott Ottersen’s blog that I run on this site. Go to “Shows” in the navigation bar up top, then click “Suvivor.” His column runs every Thursday. And in the post below this one, you can see the interview he did with “Survivor: One World’s” Christina Cha.
1. You have some CRAZY followers. The type that will only believe what they want and then write the most asinine things in your comment section. Why do they bother reading? They need anger management. And a job. True story.
2. I really hope you compile a list of contestants who knew each other before the show so maybe that will make these crazies realize how bogus this show is (Kalon and Erica, Michelle Money and Jef and the other weird Utah dude, now Jef’s hairdresser, Sean and some past no name dude who he works out with, Arie and Cassie, Emily and Chris and I believe Charlie). I’m sure I’m missing others. Out of millions of people they have no choice but to go with a 2 degree of separation cast? It is insane how no one picks up on this and asks Fleiss what’s up. And now Kacie and Sean..if he liked her, he would’ve asked her out at that charity event. So dumb! And I’m sure she knew about being on the show at that point. Even dumber.
3. If Emily is worried about looking like an ass for being engaged 3 times, maybe she should stay off tv and quit posting pics of her daughter on twitter for the world to see. And she should get a job, too. Wait.. I bet she’s one of the jobless crazies in your comments section..
Comment: 1. Nothing I can do will change that. They are what they are. As long as I can illicit that type of reaction out of people, I must be doing something right.
2. There are others, but have some degree of separation from past contestants, but off the top of my head, I can’t remember. And yes, I completely agree on the Kacie thing. If Sean wanted to date her, or at least hook up with her, he would’ve back in September. He didn’t. And for those that are thinking they are using Kacie to set her up for the “Bachelorette,” you’ve got another thing coming. That’s not going to happen. I’m sure it’s going to speculated, and sure they might consider her, but they didn’t need to put her on this season to set her up as the “Bachelorette.” She already had a fan following. She didn’t need this. Plus, three seasons out of four that Kacie appears on? I think there might be Kacie B. overkill if that happens.
3. Emily knew what she was getting into the minute she signed up to be the “Bachelorette.” So any negativity publicity she’s getting about her and Jef she brought upon herself by changing her mind and agreeing to do the “Bachelorette.” I said this back in January that I didn’t understand why she changed her mind, I wish she hadn’t, but hey, it’s done and she’s gonna do it. That’s fine, but just don’t complain or get upset at things written about you since you’d already gone through it once with Brad. She knew it’d happen again, and she knew paparazzi would be on her tail the second her season ended. So as much as some people may want to, it’s very hard to feel sorry for someone in this situation. She could’ve avoided all of it and she chose not to.
I have enjoyed reading your columns for several years. Love the spoilers, then watching the shows. This is my first time to email you.
This afternoon I was watching the Judge Mathis show. They announced the defendant as Suzanne Freeman, an actress who was previously on the Bachelor. I had to google her name to find out which season she was on. It was Aaron Buerge’s season.
After some questions and answers, Judy Mathis asked Ms. Freeman, “They aren’t acting on the Bachelor, are they?”
Ms. Freeman answered, “The producers are very skilled in manipulating the situations, but there is no acting.”
Comment: One of the only two seasons I never saw, so I don’t remember Suzanne. However what she said has been said on this site about 1,000 times. These people aren’t actors (for the most part). Are they given a script where they have to memorize lines? No. But are they put in situations and told to say or talk about certain things that will cause drama? Absolutely. Producers will manipulate any situation they want to get their desired result.
You present a very convincing argument with your recent blog on the Jef Holm/Kaylee Shepherd situation. I think that poor Kaylee was an ongoing casual fling who obviously thought she meant more to him. Her emails to you were totally credible … young girl hoping her guy doesn’t last long on the show and hoping you can provide her insider scoop during production. Her last email to you – when she discovered that he was dating several others – broke my heart. I also completely believe that he was looking for a fast & uncomplicated hook up when he went to Utah solo and thought that Kaylee was his perfect booty call. He probably fed her whatever garbage that he thought was necessary to get her to perform her magic on him … as only “virgin” Mormons girls can.
Question for you … do you think that Jef, PeopleWater and/or ABC have hired (or added job responsibilities) to interns or lower level marketing/PR associates to essentially spam Jokers Update and other forums that all is well with Jef & Emily and anyone who suggests otherwise are wrong or low life scum or just looking for fast money/5 minutes of fame? If you go to jokers, you’ll see a poster like ment2b, in particular, who joined the site right before the first scandal broke in August. Now this person has posted 1,500 messages since joining on August 18th and he/she is fanatical that all is well with Jef & Emily. It’s like Jef is Justin Bieber and ment2b is the 14 year old president of his fan club. The posts on there are really starting to turn me off as an Emily fan and now floundering Jef & Emily fan.
(This emailer then went on to link to 3 particular posts where this person claims to know all this stuff about Jef and Emily and everything is great).
These posts just as much as what you shared are making me think that there is something fishy going on and that the relationship – for Jef anyway – is just some way for him to promote PeopleWater and take his brand national by leveraging social media. The guy/company are genius and should write a book on how to build a brand off of the back of the Bachelor/ette. I honestly thought that Emily fell hard for him, which I still believe, and that he fell hard for her, which I am seriously starting to question. Gosh, I feel like a fool!
So my question is this … do you think “anonymous” posters like ment2b on Jokers Update is 1) paid social media associate or intern doing a job, 2) Jef, Emily or folks speaking on their behalf just to set record straight or 3) just cuckoo fans who have really nothing better to do than obsess over and think they somehow “know” Jef/Emily.
Comment: I don’t visit message boards, so I can’t speak for this particular poster you’re talking about. However, I can say this with 100% certainty: If you’ve posted on a message board 1,500 times since August, you are a bona fide loser. If every one of those posts was negative, hateful things, you’re a loser. If every one was a positive, glowing picture of Jef and Emily as a couple, you’re a loser. Get a life. What normal human being has the time to post 1,500 times on message board in 3 months? Are you kidding me? And you wonder why I don’t ever have anything nice to say about these people. I’m sorry, but that’s just wrong. There isn’t a single person on this planet that can try and convince me someone that posts that much on a message board, about a REALITY TV show of all things, doesn’t have something seriously wrong with them. Whether they’re lonely, or in search of friends, or whatever the deal is, no one should ever have that much time to dedicate to something so insignificant. 1,500 posts? That boggles my mind.
Hi Steve–I have a question for you. Why no info on “Dancing With The Stars”? It has been deemed “best reality show of all time” and it certainly is my favorite guilty pleasure show, so I was just curious?
Comment: Info as in spoilers? Or info as in “Why don’t you write about it?” There are no spoilers since the show is live every Monday night. Why don’t I write about it? Fair question. I think I might bring back “Reality Roundup” soon where I talk about “DWTS,” “Survivor,” “X Factor,” and “The Voice.”