Bachelor Sean Spoilers

“Reader Emails,” Bachelor: Canada, Crazy Tweeters, & Pictures and Details from Sean’s 1-on-1 Date

Sometimes, I really enjoy what I do. I take that back, MOST of the time I enjoy what I do. There are few instances here and there where emailers and tweeters get on my nerves, but for the most part, I ignore them. However last night, I was bored and decided to have a little fun. A twitter exchange turned into an email exchange that I’m sure you’ll get a kick out of reading. I’ll get to that in a little bit. First, some things to go over.

Congrats go out to Jason and Molly for the announcement yesterday they are expecting their first child in March. For a couple that was the most hated couple on the planet when everything went down, good to see they made it through and are going strong. Good luck to them in the future.

I know I have a lot of Canadian readers, and when the “Bachelor: Canada” was first announced, plenty of you emailed and tweeted asking if I was gonna have spoilers and if I was gonna cover it. I said it then that the show is not on here in the states and I have no interest in covering it. I said it in emails, I said it in tweets, and I put it in columns. Well now that the show has officially started in Canada, I guess I need to repeat myself again. It’s not on here in the states, I’m not watching the show, I don’t have any interest in watching the show, I don’t even know the bachelors name, and I have zero information on it. So there. Hopefully that’ll put a slight stop on all the emails and tweets.

Speaking of Canada and this franchise, I forgot to include this link in Tuesday’s column. Former “Bachelorette” Jillian Harris did an interview with CBC and talked briefly about her time on the show, then got into her relationship now that she’s in. It’s not really anything terribly new that we’ve heard coming from this franchise (it’s stuff I’ve told you for years), but I think when it comes from me, a lot of you tend to have selective hearing, or it just goes in one ear and out the other. To hear it coming from someone who was not only a contestant on the show, but then became a lead, it’s refreshing to listen to. Click on this link, and then fast forward to the 54:45 mark to hear when Jillian starts talking about her experience, and how manipulated you can be, and what producers are feeding ALL the contestants during filming. If you didn’t ever believe me all the times I’ve told you, maybe you’ll believe Jillian who was actually there. Twice.

As for Ben and Courtney’s break up, there really isn’t much to talk about. If you haven’t seen, each of them have spoken to different outlets. Ben gave his first words about the breakup to In Touch Magazine, and Courtney spoke with WetPaint.com. Reading those two sides, is there really any more to say? Each of them looks to be taking the high road and it looks like they just went their separate ways. I haven’t heard anything differently, and I seriously doubt any more dirt will be coming out of this, so, I guess people who were rooting for them will just have to live with those answers for now. God forbid Jef and Emily eventually give answers like that, there might be rioting in the streets. The crazies will demand something more juicy and detailed than “we just grew apart.” I almost feel sorry for those two because when they eventually do make their breakup announcement, nothing they say will be good enough for some people. Just get it over and done with so I don’t have to listen to all the idiocy flying around right now.

1. bigfatwoman

October 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM

The only thing I got out of your email exchange Steve, is that you are such a LOSER! You engage with this guy like you’re in high school…..”no you can’t”….”yes I can”…..”can so”…..”can not.”

If you’re right, then why do you keep engaging with him?

Jesus Christ….it’s no wonder you can’t get laid.

2. Dianne

October 12, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I personally think the silliness is great..way to go, Steve! “Colin” is obviously very young and immature, and is bored to tears, lol!

3. Sunnyside422

October 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Does anyone know how long Brad stayed with Emily? Could be this time around with Jef, the end came a lot quicker. Could be Jef wasn’t enthralled with the fake boobs, botoxed face and also realized Emily didn’t have much brain matter upstairs.

Now he will have babes throwing themselves at him everywhere…and then taking naked pics of him while in bed and selling them to the highest bidder or just posting them on line as Michael Buble’s bimbo did which caused his then girlfriend of 3 years, Emily Blunt, to can his ass.

I am soo glad I am a nobody. The spot light is harsh!

4. woogs

October 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I never saw any passion with Jef/Emily. There was some with Brad. There was just no emotion. Twitter will be a kinder gentler place for me, anyway. I saw a commenter say Jef was at the airport this AM. Hope he gets home to his fam and gets some rest. We all need rest from this one. I hope Emily has learned a few lessons here. That poor child Ricki is going to hear all about this one day and read it for herself. Are we still calling Emily a good mom? Emily still seems to lack that one quality, in motherhood, putting your baby first. She was away from her how long this year and for what?

5. caitlyn

October 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM

No surprise here. I think Emily did text with a football player, that’s her type. She is the reason it didn’t work. She said she wanted a dad for Ricki, but she wanted a ‘trophy husband’ for herself. She’s a manipulative, self-centered and cold as ice. I’m sure Jef realized it the minute he was with her all the time. She wants a slave, not a equal mate. Jef can so do much better, he’s 28, full of life, fun and handsome. He needs to go enjoy his life, date whoever he wants, and not be tied down to a jealous nag.

I hope Jef is not the one with a broken heart, he tried, he did everything he said he would do. I hope he broke up with her. What has Emily given up or done for Jef. Give me one thing, even where she has compromised, there is none. Same way she did with Brad. I feel sorry for that little girl, that’s the only sad thing here.

6. strick432

October 12, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Man, I think bigfatwoman is a big fat woman who can get laid herself who is jealous……hmmm…..who says Steve can’t get laid? Do you know him?? Wow….some people….go on wit yo bad self, Steve…I still luv ya

7. strick432

October 12, 2012 at 2:08 PM

CAN’T GET LAID!!!!!

8. reddla

October 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Seriously are you 14?!? I’m not talking about the email exchange I’m talking about the fact that you had to put it up in your column and scream “I WON! I WON!”

9. anythingwewant

October 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM

@caitlyn I agree @woogs exactly @bigfatwoman say what?
    Seems that that botoxed face is a tell all for Emily’s whole being. Nothing just nothing. I have never heard any intellect from this woman ever! Her comments in SD when asked about rumors of Jef taking her money something like “if he’s into my bank account, he’s in big trouble because I like expensive shoes” HUH?? She’s so hood ratish with money.
    . Imagine her in bed. We all know in a new relationship it’s sex, great NEW sex that will hold us awhile, and with all the other reasons for them to stay together, might mean this was crap to begin with. She needs an older VERY wealthy guy already super established, that wants to dote on her, she better step up what she is offering. Jef needs to work it now, he’s too young to retire and play Daddy and hubby to someone with needs like hers. Rick Hendrick has done Emily no favors nor her parents in handing out money, big money, and not encouraging independence and or philanthropist skills. Anyone who shops like that is not fulfilled or busy enough. She had no problems leaving Ricki to do the bachelorette traveling and working everyday or traveling with Jef. This girl is lost. I hope she finds her way.

10. JustJenna

October 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM

You people never cease to amaze me. You make incredibly harsh judgments about a woman you’ve never met, all based on a couple of highly edited “reality” shows, and tabloid gossip and innuendo. None of you know Emily or Jef, or Ricki or the Hendricks. None of you really know what the problems in their relationship are or what the problems were in her failed relationship with Brad. All just gossip. That’s what’s really sad here – that so called fans would rather tear her apart or yank her off the pedestal they put her on to begin with. Fan mentality is a scary thing, it really is. Not sure why I’m surprised – this is a society in which a person spent thousands of dollars to buy a JAR OF AIR that was captured in the presence of their idols, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Rabid love and rabid hate, two sides of the same coin and the fans flip back and forth between it, torn between idolizing their hero or tearing them to shreds, just to get a piece of them – a piece of the action.

Sad society we live in.

11. Cyns

October 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I’m sad that Jef & Emily didn’t make it, but (opinion only) I’d tend to think Jef was the good guy, and Emily was just being Emily, demanding and princess Em.

And Steve, I’d had been embarrassed to actually print that email exchange you had. Telling someone to go jerk off? Why is it you have so much disgust for your readers and people in general? I don’t remember many times you’ve ever said anything positive about anyone.

12. Cyns

October 12, 2012 at 9:05 PM

*** And could you stop referring to fans as crazies?

13. LynnMJ

October 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM

bigfatwoman, if you ever decide to do your own blog….I’m so there!!

14. woogs

October 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I do know Emily’s circle, before bachelorette. Although I don’t think much of her but by no means hate or idolization. Im not so sure they even are broke up. She has a stong family and so does Jef. This whole thing maybe be carefully orchestrated to stay out of the media. They maybe be sleeping right now in each others arms, laughing. When you put that much personal relationship, out there like that, you are going to get it, when you invoke, tease, and seduce fans, for the sake of having fans. I could say more but Im tired, and tired of this, so I’ll leave it at this. Last thing, I think their families are at their aide right now and possible guiding them to do the next right thing for all of them. I hope so.

15. jillbeau

October 13, 2012 at 7:27 AM

@bigfatwoman…Preach!!

This site is an end to justify a means at this point. Do I like Bachelor/ette spoilers? Absolutely. Do I find Steve to be nauseating anymore? Absolutely. We get it, you know more about the Bachelor than we do. It’s not just because you remind us every chance you get. Yes, you’ve been right with your spoilers. I don’t question you when you break news about this franchise because it’s usually right. Can’t that be enough? Can’t you let your record speak for itself? Getting in to a pissing match with someone then posting it for everyone to read to stroke your ego is pathetic. Do you feel better now that you’ve made someone who’s probably 20 years younger than you feel bad on your website?

16. bigfatwoman

October 13, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Holy crap—there’s a picture on TMZ of Courtney Robertson sucking face with Arie.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Poor Ben!

17. karynr

October 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM

New couple alert…..COURTNEY AND ARIE! I guess they were seen making out at a restaurant in Scottsdale the other night.

18. JustJenna

October 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM

@Woogs – I apologize if you thought I was targeting you specifically with my comment. I wasn’t. I’ve grown weary of all the comments all over the boards about how obviously it’s Emily’s fault, and that this breakup proves that her problems with Brad were obviously her fault also. People talk like they know her when 99.9% of them don’t. I know you have ties with her circle – I live near Charlotte also, and I think I know of your store. I know you know more about the real Emily than most. So I wasn’t indicating you with my comment – just the rabid fans (including and even especially the “Jem” fans – you know the kind I mean) who can’t wait to either dub her a saint or tear her apart. Again, sorry if I offended, I didn’t mean to. 🙂

19. JustJenna

October 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM

And LOL at tmz.com scooping RS on the Arie/Courtney hookup. I would think that most insiders would rather sent WetPaint or TMZ this kind of info anyway – they could get paid and Fleiss wouldn’t be able to do a damn thing about it. With Steve, he successfully sued him into not approaching contestants and forced a settlement agreement, but no such agreement exists with other tabloid sites. These people could go to WetPaint or something with their info (and ask for $ in exchange) and Fleiss wouldn’t be able to do a thing about it. Really makes one wonder why his sources chose to reveal info to him, rather than one of the big name sites.

20. Caroll

October 13, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I can’t get the Jillian Harris interview. Did Fleiss have it taken down? Anybody help if you can get it?

21. elizabeth82

October 13, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Guess Courtney wasn’t too broken up about splitting with Ben since she immediately rebounded. Not that I expect anything less from Ben (a.k.a. Horndog) either. But Arie, just watch a little of that season and then run far away from her!

22. karynr

October 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM

bfw..I didn’t even notice your comment about Ben and Courtney before I posted mine.

Poor Ben my a**. He was talking about getting out and partying right after the announcement. There’ll be a picture of him sucking face with someone fairly soon, I’m sure. I wouldn’t be surprised if he already had one or my lined up to step in as soon as the official break-up was announced.

Reely Arie??!! Courtney??!! I just lost a little respect for you. I understand being a young single guy attracted to a woman, but Courtney??

23. karynr

October 13, 2012 at 4:18 PM

one or more. Really. Wow…sure didn’t proof that one before hitting enter.

24. woogs

October 13, 2012 at 4:26 PM

@justjenna It’s ok, I was really tired last night when I posted. Thanks for apologizing though but I didn’t take offense. Just got home from work, is there any news? and just my opinion on Courtney and Arie..Hilarious! I could use some Arie kisses myself!

25. catj

October 13, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I am from Canada and am personally glad you are not watching or posting on the Bachelor Canada. It is terrible and I am actually embarassed to be Canadian watching it. I don’t know where they got those girls from but some of them are quite the piece of work.

26. woogs

October 13, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Emily changer her twitter pic, to her and Ricki…

27. shouldbeworking

October 13, 2012 at 7:40 PM

@catj I am from Calgary. I too, am embarrassed by that horrible show they call Bachelor Canada. It’s painful to watch. And my sentiments exactly……..the women are not nice looking at all. I would be extremely surprised if there was a 2nd season. Don’t even know what the ratings are…don’t even care.

28. elizabeth82

October 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Jef changed his Twitter picture too (to a pic of just him).

29. mwck

October 13, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Can you please update the link to the Jillian Harris interview? Would love to listen but it is not working. Thanks!

30. woogs

October 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM

LOOKS like a done deal. But who knows. Im sure everyone is breathing a sigh of relief. Moving it forward.

31. lcs85

October 13, 2012 at 9:19 PM

@mwck The link works just fine for me. It might be a problem on your end of things. If you have a pop up blocker that also might be causing it. When you go to the link, once you hit the “listen” button, the audio player pops up in a new window.

32. duckquack

October 14, 2012 at 1:03 AM

@lcs85 this is the page that pops up, and where do you click on listen?……there is no where jillian is on, which podcast are you clicking on?

33. JustJenna

October 14, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I’m having trouble finding the Jillian portion of the interview myself. All I get is a link to an article/podcast about bad first dates.

34. lcs85

October 14, 2012 at 7:39 AM

@duckquack and JustJenna Right under the bottom right side of the top picture there is a grey box that says listen. Click that and the podcast should open in a new window.

35. woogs

October 14, 2012 at 7:47 AM

I find myself in a very odd position. As I said before, I had inside info the weekend Jef threw Emily out of the Pawley’s island beach house and since then, I have become a villain, simply because I had facts. I have also been guilty of stereo typing Jem fans after I was attacked but a few namely Robin L. The odd position, is that I feel for these ladies except Robin L and a few very sick ones. But here’s the thing, I read a lot of posts at some forums last night. These ladies, are real, some hurting deeply, some clinging, some total knowing reality. It was sad, I want to hold them, tell them they will be ok. This Is NOT me. I feel like they deserved more than they got. They were so protective, they were in some cases willing to give their last dime, in the name of love. Sophie, the video maker, so positive , talented and sweet. Colleen, very real, fun loving always herself. Lynn very mature thinking and loyal. Stephanie never left a post get her down. Lauren Ga Peach faithful til the end, very nice girl. Many others over there interesting, fun, loyal. There were some bitches don’t get me wrong, Im not lightening up on some of them, as complete STALKERS relentless embarrassing meddling bitches, but as we leave this chapter, this summer, and get on with ithe holidays and the end of JEM, I just wanted to acknowledge as I hope Emily and Jef appreciate some of the cool people we have met on line this past few months. Heres to them!

36. JustJenna

October 14, 2012 at 10:32 AM

@Woogs that was a very cool post. Where forum did you meet these ladies on?

37. woogs

October 14, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Twitter, sweetheart.

38. Bill the Cat

October 14, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Just watched the first couple of episodes of Bachelor Canuckistan. Same fmt as the US version. (Yes – the driveway was wet. Must have just rained.) I’m waiting to see if they get a little bolder than the US version as they don’t have the same FCC restrictions. (Nothing so far.) The guy is a Pro Football player. Looks like he has lipstick on & a foamed & formed hairstyle. Only thing worth reporting is there is a Playboy model (gone at episode 2) & a preacher lady who is a ditzy blonde – and (GASP! FOR SHAME!) a virgin – she wonders what he will do when she confesses her deep dark secret. (I myself had dated a minister’s former wife – who was the nastiest woman in bed I had ever been with – and my very first girlfriend was a minister’s daughter. Watched Neil Armstrong step onto the moon back in 69 with my arm around her.) She appears to be a front runner. The other frontrunner got her first conversation cut off 3 times on the first night – & never had a conversation. She was still standing roseless when he was out. He went and got an additional ‘pity’ rose & gave it to her. She was not chosen for a date the 2nd night either – so he woke her up in wee hrs & took her on a 1 on 1.
    Don’t bother asking me questions – you can figure out how to see these yourself. (I got ’em on usenet.)

39. mwck

October 14, 2012 at 4:48 PM

still can’t figure out the Jillian link 🙁 whats the actual show called?

40. duckquack

October 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM

lcs85………………….there is several places on the right hand side that says listen…..and no where is jillian on any of the podcasts…..there is also no where to click to bring it to 54. minutes as steve instructed….

what is the place to click and listen to jillian?

41. lcs85

October 14, 2012 at 9:47 PM

@duckquack. Right below the picture of the dolls. Only one listen button on the rights side.

42. JustJenna

October 15, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Re: The Jillian interview.
    Click on Podcasts, then download podcasts. Then choose the podcast entitled “First Date” and (in PC) right click “Save As”. After it is downloaded you will be able to “fast forward” it to the 54 minutes mark.
    The Canadian Bachelor can probably be downloaded using torrents as well.

43. jillbeau

October 15, 2012 at 6:48 AM

I was also able to listen to the Jillian interview. There is a small grey/silver button under the photo of the dolls that says “Listen” with a speaker. When you click on it, a new window will pop-up with the interview.

Here is the link to the pop-up page. Maybe this will work for some of you. You can then forward to 54 minutes.

44. randais

October 15, 2012 at 8:01 AM

@Karyn, “respect for Courtney”? Well there’s a novel concept. Oh wait, you meant “respect for Arie”? Still a bit of a stretch for me :\.

@should and cat, Really? Is it even remotely possible for Canada Bachelor to be WORSE than ours? I can’t even imagine that.

45. Athena

October 15, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Reading people’s summations of the Twitter posts makes me glad I’m not a Twitter follower. Honestly though folks, how can any of us believe that more than a handful (if that) of contestants on this franchise have a deep emotional base or good communication skills? Choosing to go on this show and being a deeply thoughtful person just aren’t compatible. And, why do people have to demonize either Jef or Emily as the “bad guy” in the relationship and the other as the tragic hero/heroine? From what I could glean from the little snippets we were shown during the season(s), they have both had fairly privileged lives and neither is a particularly deep thinker or good communicator. For example, Jef couldn’t even come up with his own love letters and Emily hasn’t found any meaningful way to use the money and noteriety she is blessed with. 99.5% of all relationships don’t work out and if you add in the fact that a person has to be somewhat strange to begin with to want to go on the show, that they have about one nanosecond of privacy during and after the show, and that the odds are already stacked REALLY high against them, it’s a miracle that any relationships from the franchise have lasted. And finally, I say “hurrah” to Courtney and Arie. Why not?! They are both single, and if they have a bit of fun together, good for them.

46. bigfatwoman

October 15, 2012 at 10:06 AM

@karynr —- I said “poor Ben” because even though I think he’s immature and superficial, I think he’s probably a decent person….and now he’s got to feel a bit humiliated. After all, he had just tweeted about meeting Arie and what a cool dude he is……so that’s gotta hurt.

@Athena—totally agree with your thoughts except for Arie and Courtney having at it. Courtney should be a little more respectful of Ben by not going public so soon and adding even more insult by being out with Arie. That’s kinda harsh, you gotta admit.

Yes indeed they are both single, but Courtney is a snake. Like Oprah says, “someone throws you a stone, before they send you a rock.”

…..or something like that. I’m sure Ben is now telling himself he should’ve known Courtney wasn’t right from the very beginning. He certainly had a lot of warning signs, so I guess you could say he had this coming. Still, I can’t help but feel sorry for him.

47. Athena

October 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I’m sure this comment will brand me as one of the most twisted fans out here, but while I found Courtney to be, shall we say, considerably lacking in empathy, I also found her to be entertaining, and like all the contestants, to have more depth than we’re ever shown. (I realize that this last part flys in the face of what I said in my last post, but I don’t think it’s a contradiction to say that while contestants generally aren’t the deepest drawer in the cabinet they are no doubt deeper than we ever get to see.)

I’d actually love to have Courtney as a lead. From what we were shown of her before, I have no doubt that she’d be HIGHLY entertaining, and I don’t think she’d be any less “deep” or genuine than anyone we’ve seen previously. In fact, she might be more real.

About her “not going out in public, esp. with Arie so soon”, we don’t know how long the break-up has been in the works, and while at my age (old!) I don’t exactly bounce back from a break-up in record time (in truth, far from it), these folks are mere “kids” and life moves quickly for them.

48. shouldbeworking

October 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I guess I find it odd that there hasn’t been a ‘formal’ announcement of the split between Jeff and Emily. In this case is no news good news? Or are they just trying to soften the blow by letting the rumor mill fly first?

How is it that Ben and Courtney can spend a fantastic weekend together and say what a wonderful time they had and then be broken up 3 days later?

And how is it that Jeff can tweet how more in love he is with Emily each day and then 3 days later be toast.
    I just don’t get it. I’m still moved by her words on the season finale after Jef proposed. She said “We’re gonna make it work.” I had the most faith in these two than any other couple that they were gonna make it. Shame on me. The more seasons I watch the less I enjoy them because the odds are stacked against them they won’t succeed. It kind of makes watching a waste of time and unproductive.

49. Sunnyside422

October 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM

No sympathy for Benjie at this end! He knew what Courtney was all about…fame. So was he. I bet his winery has done pretty well and that was one of his motives for joining the show.

I don’t believe that any of these participants join to find a true love. They are all in it for fame, recognition and adventure. But with that comes backlash as well. I’d never expose my family and myself on national TV without realizing that there will be crazies out there gunning for me.

As to Jef and Emily being silent…I am sure ABC didn’t want to announce their split on the heels of Benjie’s. And since they are under contract for a year…they need to go along with whatever they are told.

Bet the show/ABC will go after Jef in a hard way for next Bachelor. I hope he refuses.

50. BrookeC

October 15, 2012 at 1:04 PM

For someone that makes their living doing this, I am not sure I have come across a bigger brat. You seem like you truly hate this, you hate the show, hate the emailers etc.

Take a Midol & be happy that you have a job that obviously doesn’t require to GAF about ANYTHING.