Dr. Reality Steve

Dr. Reality Steve & Thoughts on Manti Te’o

Hey Steve!!

Okay, so I have this friend. We’re only friends, but recently I’ve had a feeling that he might be starting to see us as a little more. The whole month on December and now in January, he has been texting me practically everyday for no reason but just to talk. He also sends me pictures on Snapchat just as frequently and out of nowhere. Every time I see I’ve gotten a message from him, I get this urgggg feeling because I feel so bad because I don’t want to hurt him.

I mean, he really is a great guy. Plus he goes to the same church as me and has the same values and beliefs and everything which is the absolute most important thing to me. I mean, he’s not that bad looking and I really do like him as a person and a friend, but not at all to that extent. He’s a great guy, but not my great guy. I just don’t feel anything like that for him.

Of course I always answer his messages because I don’t mind talking to him and I don’t want to ignore him since I have to see him six out of seven days of the week in person so it would make it kind of awkward.

How do I know if I’m leading him on? And maybe he doesn’t even like me like that and I’m just reading all of this the wrong way. He even texts me goodnight and uses smiley faces, but I just… Urgggg, I don’t know… And I’m not the kind of person to just come out and ask him how he feels so I can’t do that to find out. Even when we’re texting and run out of things to talk about, he still keeps trying to think up other topics and everything to try and keep the conversation going. This is obvious to me because I’ve been in that situation before.

But anyway, I just really don’t want to break any hearts.. I’ve never done it before and I don’t want to start now. :/

Please help!! Thank you so much for listening Steve! Means a lot.

Comment: You probably just need to come out and ask him why he sends you stuff now every day when he never used to. And the fact that he uses emoticons before bed is a reason in and of itself to change your number tomorrow and never speak to him again. But hey, that’s just me.

As much as you don’t want to break any hearts, unless you want this situation to go away, you’re pretty much gonna have to. Or else deal with a guy sending emoticons until the end of time. Good luck with that.
____________________________________________________________

Dear Doctor Reality Steve,

First off i would just like to say that I love what you have to say about reality T.V. especially what you have to say about the Bachelor Shows! You are super funny and you tell things like they are. Recently I have been wondering about some girls in my life though. I have these three great girls in my life (and for their sake i will use fake names) Blakley Tay and Riley! So me and Blakley had a thing 2 years ago but it was very short lived. She was the one breaking up with me. We are grew apart for a while but recently we have gone on a date, some flirting went on but nothing to huge. I see her almost every day since we go to school together but she sends a lot of mixed signals, some times it seems as though she tries to avoid me. Then next is Tay! Her and I have been friends for a while. She is however in and awkward relationship with a friend of mine. My friend switches back and forth between Tay and this other girl, however Tay still likes him. Me and her flirt a fair amount. Last is Riley! She to is a great friend of mine and me and her talk quite a bit. We don’t hang out as much as Tay and Blaykley. She talks about this boy she has a crush on a lot, but sometimes she will send me mixed signals almost as if she would go for me. I have feelings for all of these girls and I would love to become more than friends with one if possible. What do you think? I’m good with going for any of these girls, but I’m also fine with just staying friends if that seems best! Also do you have any tips for how to take it to the next level with any of these girls? I would love to hear what you have to say!

Comment: This is straight outta high school. Gotta be. Hey! Bang all of them! Tay! Blakley! Riley! You totally should. All your bros at lunch time will think you’re the coolest.

How to take it to the next level with these girls? It doesn’t even sound like you’ve gotten out of the dugout with any of them. You have to swing the bat first before you can at least start running to first base. Go out on a date, take them to dinner, then make out in the car afterwards. Start there and see where it leads.
____________________________________________________________

Dr. Reality Steve,

My boyfriend made fun of me on his blog. He interviewed me about the fiscal cliff and taped me on his phone I was kind of not taking it seriously and joking a little bit because I thought we were just joking around and I didnt know he was going to put the interview on his blog. I was really surprised that it was there and when I looked at the blog entry it was totally making me look dumb. He knows that I’m not interested in politics and that I wasn’t really taking it seriously and he didn’t tell it was going on his site. The point he was making is that young people don’t care. And I’m not really sure how to take it because part of me actually did think it was funny and I actually laughed at the video but then it stung a little too, because in the comments section people were saying that I’m dumb as a box of rocks and I don’t know who these people are, I don’t know if they know my boyfriend and the fact that he used it and made me look dumb to prove a point kind of hurts. I also feel totally weird about the fact that he didn’t ask me if he could put a video of me on the internet. What should I do? I know I need to address it but I don’t know how, because he’s the type of person who will just say “it’s just a joke, don’t you think it’s funny?” and I like his sense of humor and we go well together because we can accommodate each others personality flaws, it’s part of being in a relationship, but there is a threshold for everything and I really feel that he crossed the line. I want to know in your honest opinion if you think he’s a jerk and I should break up with him and if not then how should I address it?

Comment: Basically you got pranked and you don’t know how you feel. Considering I don’t know what blog this is, or what his readership is, for all I know, very few people saw this and you shouldn’t be concerned. If you’re gonna break up with him over this, then there are other reasons I’m unaware of in your relationship since I wouldn’t consider this a break up “offense” in the least bit.

What are you most mad at? That he posted it without you knowing? The way you looked in the video? What exactly did he write to set up the video? I guess maybe after he taped you he could’ve said, “Look, I recorded that to prove a point about the fiscal cliff that people young people don’t care. Is it cool to post it?” If he would’ve done that, would you have said yes? If so, then I guess he should’ve asked first. But I don’t think this is an issue to break up over. Are people laughing at you because of it? Can they contact you now because of what he did? If people are commenting or whatever, just don’t read it. Tell him you would’ve liked if he asked you first and that you’re bothered. If he responds with, “Well, I knew if I would’ve asked you, you would’ve said no,” then that was a sh*tty thing to do.

1. Athena

January 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM

The Manti story is WAY more fascinating than anything going on in Bachelor-world, and ironically, I was googling it right before checking out Steve’s site this morning and for a second there I thought I hadn’t gone to the right bookmark when I saw his blog header. I haven’t done any kind of extensive reflection/research, but my conclusions so far match up with his – there were just too many false details coming straight from Manti about this supposed relationship to believe he really thought it was real. I hope he gets some help to figure out how he got himself into such a crazy situation and how to keep from digging the same kind of hole for himself in the future. It’s really irrelevant to me that he duped the general public, but if he spun the same story and details to his family and close friends, then he’s really damaged his relationship with them. Talk about having to “regain trust” – whew – nothing he says from here on out will ever be taken at face value. On the other hand, maybe this is a pattern of behavior that they’ve seen from him before and most of them already take what he tells them with a grain of salt and it really is mostly us strangers who were completely duped.

2. Vanilla Thunder

January 17, 2013 at 12:19 PM

To the woman wondering about whether it’s her or the men she’s dating, I would ask, how are you meeting these men? Is it through online dating? In my experience, a lot of men on dating websites are just looking for nookie, not a relationship. Not to say that all guys are there for that, but I’ve encountered a lot that are. Especially on certain sites. Maybe take a closer look at what site(s) you’re using, and what these guys are saying to you when you’re chatting/texting, etc. Do they want to get to know you? Or are they just flirting/sexting? The answer to that will tell you a lot.

But if you’re not doing online dating, then where are you meeting these guys? Bars? Grocery stores? Church? Are friends setting up blind dates? The location and situation matters when you’re talking about meeting a potential boyfriend/husband. If you’re going to bars, then stop. You won’t find the kind of relationship you’re looking for there. Grocery stores can be good, as well as church or any other community-type organization. If friends are setting you up, then I’d tell your friends their choices for you are all wrong!

Bottom line is, your values are not matching up with the guys you’re dating. You’ll have to find a different way to meet the kind of guy you want. Good luck! 🙂

3. ifucsam

January 17, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I totally agree with you about Mantao or whatever his name is. I don’t watch sports and had no idea who this kid was before today .I was watching quick coverage of it and was under the impression they had met in person since he was claiming she was the love of his life etc. I was so confused as to why people were so into the story but then I saw they never met! What a weird story!

4. randais

January 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Manti who?

5. bigfatwoman

January 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Lance Armstrong —- liar

Manti Te’o —- desperate to stay in the closet.

That’s more like it.

6. Athena

January 17, 2013 at 7:57 PM

bigfatwoman – If it were only that simple. Lance is owning up in a BIG time way – granted, he’s just beginning the recovery process, and he has a long long way to go, assuming he’s willing to do the work to get there. But, while real empathy for others is far from where he is yet, he is taking personal responsibility, an extremely important first step in the process. We should never underestimate the power of Denial. It’s not simply a “choice”…it’s an incredibly powerful defense mechanism. Incredibly!…!!!

7. Athena

January 17, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I see Manti and Lance as being in dramatically different places emotionally, cognitively, and developmentally. Lance, with all his MANY faults, is a grown up, and seems to have done some work on himself (finally) to get to where he is now. Manti is so much younger, less sophisticated, and less able to be honest, so far. I believe it will take a long long time, if ever, to learn what was really real in his case.

8. heliofan

January 18, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Te’o tried to gain sympathy to win the Heisman. Even talked about her on the presentation broadcast AFTER he knew she didn’t exist! Not buying any of it!

9. Dianne

January 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM

@Athena. The only reason Armstrong is putting it out there now, is because he a) got caught, and b) wants back into the bike racing world. He’s a greedy, gutless, individual, who I, and I’m sure millions more, have NO sympathy for whatsoever. I am so glad his Olympic metal was stripped from him..he deserves nothing, absolutely nothing! To think he was using his cancer foundation as a coverup??!! Denial my butt!!

10. iheartvino

January 18, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I agree with Steve and heliofan. I’m not buying any of Manti’s crap. I’m not sure if I believe that he did all this to cover up being a homosexual as many are speculating, but regardless, the whole thing is just odd.

Re: Lance, the people I feel sorry for are all of the young children that viewed him as a hero all these years. I had to read his book “It’s Not About the Bike” years ago for a work training program and thought he came across as an arrogant jerk. I’ve never been a Lance Armstrong fan and now I know my intuitions weren’t off at all. I’m glad he’s finally owning up to it all now though.

11. Kaleb

January 18, 2013 at 9:50 AM

It’s not really owning up to it if you got caught. You don’t get credit for admitting something like that. It’s like having an affair, your wife finds out and then you expect points for admitting it to her. You got caught buddy. Plain and simple. Aside from that, you attacked people’s character. People who were onto you. He’s still a liar.

12. stearlgirl

January 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM

To the girl who can’t get rid of the guy with flowers – if you don’t want to change your number, I know my phone provider allows me to block up to 5 numbers for 90 days. You can try that. Just call them to see if the feature is available. I can do this from their website. Easy breezy.

Steve – any chance you think this Manti thing is a publicity stunt? Or is the guy really stupid enough to believe he was in a relationship with someone he never met? I mean, I realize plenty of people are that stupid due to the existence of the whole Catfish thing, and maybe he didn’t need the publicity, but it kinda sounds like it was a stunt and he got caught and admitting he lied is worse for his career than saying he was stupid. I think the former is potentially career-ending, whereas the latter is just more press. Just a thought.

Also, thanks for that NYT article. Very spot on. I posted it on FB and sure enough my friend just gave me a story about how this guy she met in the summer finally texted her this week to go on a date, but he wanted to wait until Sat night, because he wanted to “do it right.” He then waits until 7:30pm Sat night and texts her with – you guessed it – “hey”. He then proceeds to invite her over to cook dinner and do laundry. She declined. I guess skid marks are a deal-breaker for a first date invite.

13. JovisMom

January 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM

@ Vanilla Thunder – EXCELLENT advice!!! We all know what websites you are referring too… I went on maybe 2 dates (years ago) from one of those websites, went to dinner on both and that was it, only 1 date. I guess I lucked out and didn’t get a sex crazed guy!!! However I tried 2 of the better ones as well and meet some bad guys, same great guys (who I am still friends with) and I met THE ONE there too…. To add to her what you stated, you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you meet a good one.

14. iheartvino

January 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Kaleb, you’re absolutely right, and I hadn’t thought of it like that. It’s too little, too late. I suppose what I meant was I’m glad he finally publicly admitted it.

15. bigfatwoman

January 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM

@Athena

Are you serious? What’s with this comment of yours….. “bigfatwoman….if it were only that simple.” You must be kidding right? As if Lance is in the process of some deep spiritual awakening in his path to enlightenment and redemption?

The guy is a complete sociopath. He doesn’t feel remorseful about ANYTHING except for the fact that he got pushed up against a wall and is doing whatever his legal team tells him to do…..which was his Oprah confessional. He don’t care. Did you see any tears shed? I didn’t because I can’t stand to watch him, but I read about the interview. He is saying and doing whatever he is told to do in order to get back into sanctioned triathlons and dilute the deluge of lawsuits that are coming down the pike.

He stepped on so many people and damaged so many lives with his deceit…..all while laughing all the way to the bank. After he stepped down, did you see the picture he tweeted of himself just relaxing in his basement with his 7 jerseys on display behind him? He’s an arrogant, lying little boy with no conscience whatsoever.

To believe this guy has remorse or regret is just plain naive. He is not like most people.

16. Athena

January 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Whew, bigfatwoman and Dianne, I’m glad the two of you can read into his heart of hearts and know whether he’s really being sincere now or not. Granted, he has a TERRIBLE track record of not only lying but of attacking those who outed him, all of which he admitted completely in last night’s interview. As he himself pointed out – no one has any reason at all to believe him or trust anything out of his mouth. Time will tell whether he is capable of sincerity and real remorse. Meanwhile, I know for a fact that sometimes people commit horrendous affronts against others and later CAN and DO honestly take responsibility for their behavior and do their best to make amends. I’ve spent a big part of my career working with just such people. Sure, some just go through the motions and have secondary motivations that are way less than honorable, and some are genuinely sorry but never get far enough into recovery to make amends, but there are some who truly do admit to what they’ve done, take full responsibility for it, figure out why they did what they did, learn from it not to do it again, and make amends to those they’ve harmed. It does happen and it is possible.

17. Athena

January 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I’m interested in watching tonight’s interview segment and to hearing what Oprah’s thoughts and reflections on the experience are.

18. montrealaise

January 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I usually think Steve’s advice is right on, but I disagree with his advice to the girl whose boyfriend made fun of her on his blog. Whether his blog is visited by ten people or a thousand, he publicly humiliated her by making her look like a moron. And the fact that she knows beforehand how he’ll react if she tells him how he’s made her feel – “Hey, it’s just a joke!” – is a bad sign. I used to know someone like that – he’d insult or humiliate someone, and when they complained, he’d reply “Hey, I was just joking – don’t you have a sense of humour?” – totally discounting their feelings. And why would he publicly humiliate a girl he (supposedly) cares about? I would be very wary of this guy.

19. punka

January 18, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Steve’s initial take on teh Manti story is off. Not shocking, because it really is an odd story.

First, as to the catfish, there was actually a girl involved. Her name is Diane O’Meara. Been reported all over now. Google her. She is actually pretty hot. Her photo was used, and she knows more than she is saying presently.

Next, 3 people admitted to being in on the scam. 3 people. Including a cousin.

Yeah, Manti embellished things with respect to the girl. He oversold hte story for the attention, so he is guilty of that. But the rest was a hoax, and he took the bait. So it was a catfish. with a strange twist.

20. bigfatwoman

January 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Yes @Athena, people can and do change. Amen sister, I’m with ya on that.

You also must know that there is no amount of therapy to cure those born without a conscience. I hope you’re right that he’s genuinely remorseful, but just as you said that I cannot “look into his heart” ….neither can you. He unfortunately shows all of the hallmarks of sociopathy. Time will tell.

Meanwhile, I’m waiting patiently for Bernie Madoff to change too.

21. Athena

January 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM

bigfatwoman, LOL about Bernie Madoff…Somehow I just don’t have the same kind of sympathy for him as compared for my hope, guarded though it may be, for Lance.

22. heliofan

January 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I’ve never been a big fan of Armstrong ever since the rumors that he dumped his wife who supported him through his cancer for Cheryl Crow. I didn’t dislike him but, if true, just thought it said something about his character. I’m really not buying that he is sincere but as others above have said it’s not my place to judge and I’m not the one he has to make amends with.

23. lucky

January 18, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Monteal-person. I agree with you 100% Humiliation is humiliation whether it is seen by 1 person or thousands. If he made her feel like crap, she should move on. It can never get better. This is a larger problem than most recognize.

Steve seems like a good person that doesn’t understand the mental abuse that some inflict with this type of behavior. It’s a control issue.

24. kasey31

January 18, 2013 at 10:37 PM

i know ive been busy the last few days, but i really HAVE been hiding under a rock! granted, ive been working 10hr days, changing salons, and have had limited time online, but that is no excuse! its embarrassing that i have no clue whats going on with manti? id never heard of him before, so i hoped to contribute to the conversation by reading deadspin’s article, which, ultimately, left me even more confused.. can anyone explain, simply, what happened? he is gay and had a pretend online gf that was a real girl, just not the girlfriend that died? but that girl didnt really die.. but his gma really died. wth is going on? help!

as for lance, i have never cared for him.. hes always seemed like an arrogant jerk.. he absolutely deserves what the back-lash he is receiving, publicly, at least.. hopefully he does “change” for himself as a person.. but as for his career, the damage is done. and i have zero sympathy for him. he reminds me of this guy that used to be a star athlete… he played golf, still does, in fact! won a PGA title, graced the cover of wheaties “the breakfast of champions,” and shares his name with the largest cat family known to man.. not a lion, but a…. he isnt sorry. hes sorry he got caught.

25. kasey31

January 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM

i think it was the line “the breakfast of champions” that is preventing my comment from being displayed.. its been awaiting moderation for 24hrs..

26. mommyof2

January 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Lance Armstrong- a liar and cheater who deserves getting his medals and titles stripped from him, and owes a lot of apologies and money to those he defrauded and misrepresented, such as his sponsors, the several people (fellow teammate and also a journalist) who all told the truth and then Armstrong sued them for libel and character defamation and WON more than a mlion dlars each even though they were honest and HE was lying. But, let’s not forget all of the good stuff he’s done raising money for kids with cancer with all of his charity work- his only saving grace right now.

Manti Te’o-
    if innocent: a young, confused, niave, lonely, trusting, somewhat delusional, and desperate 22-year-old guy on the inside while wildly successful in football to his fans. He obviously was embarrassed when he found out he was duped, and played along with his charade awhile longer until he could figure out what to do.

If guilty of being a part of the hoax: all of the above, but also completely delusional in thinking he could get away with it!

It seems too weird and unbelievable for him to call a woman he’s never met his girlfriend, but who knows? The truth will come out soon….

27. kasey31

January 19, 2013 at 11:21 PM

**randomness**
    did anyone catch the movie with rob lowe, “prosecuting casey anthony” tonight?

28. kasey31

January 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM

@mommyof2- tax write off for lance..

29. randais

January 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM

@Kasey – “breakfast of champions” BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA sorry for some reason this tickled me.

30. Dianne

January 21, 2013 at 7:40 AM

@Athena – you are so off base, it’s rediculous. Did you see how much Armstrong was paid for the Oprah interview? Did you see how much he was paid for the rights to his story? Oh yeah, he’s a changed man..from where I stand, it’s changed for the worse (if that’s possible), instead of for the better. Greed, greed, greed. He cares not one iota about anyone other than himself. BUT, as the saying goes, what goes around, comes around. Heads up, Lance, because eventually you’re going to get it, big time!

31. karynr

January 21, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I’ve read and listened to a lot about Lance Armstrong over the years, and while he did do a good thing with Livestrong, I believe he got caught, feels no remorse, bullied and threatened many people and is not a not human being. Some of the newscasts questions whether Livestrong was a way to distract people from his issues. I can’t say for sure, and don’t want to think someone would go that far to cover up their many terrible life choices. I’ve read many articles about what an arrogant SOB he is, and believe the people making those comments. He seems to be a narcissistic a**. The guy could care less about anyone but himself.

32. Athena

January 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM

@karnyr – I pretty much agree with most of what you’ve said about L.A. in terms of how he’s harmed others and about the self-centeredness of his personality. But, does that mean you think he’s beyond redemption/change? If so, you repudiate just about everything my profession stands for in terms of treatment, hope, and change. Further, you seem to be saying that there can only be one side of a person and in his case it’s all bad. I don’t believe either of these. I believe a person (yes, even Lance) can accept responsibility for his horrendous actions, can honestly make amends to those they’ve harmed, and can lead a better life. Will Lance commit to the years of hard work such changes would involve? Only time will tell. I also believe that we’re all more than any one aspect of our personality and behavior. Perhaps Livestrong served as a front and an attempt to distract, but it still did an awful lot of good. Armstrong’s motives almost certainly had a selfish component, but I still believe his fight against cancer touched a core place inside him that made him want to give back. We humans are complex organisms.

33. Kaleb

January 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM

@iheart My comment wasn’t directed at yours..(the moderation makes comments line up out of order) but yes, I do see what you’re saying. There’s some people your body and mind just warn you about.

@kasey I caught the movie.. it was..strange. I followed the case every day on TV (in session) and it’s always been so funny to me how Lifetime can take so many liberties.

34. JovisMom

January 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM

@ kasey31 – I watched it…. It was pretty good. Rob Lowe did a good job with his role. I still can’t believe she got off!

35. kasey31

January 21, 2013 at 2:31 PM

@kaleb and jovismom- yay! i thought i might find a few of us who followed that case and watched the movie.. i agree, kaleb.. the movie was a bit strange.. not what i expected, but i thought rob lowe did an amazing job.. i cant believe she got away with it either, jovismom, i think it will go down as one the greatest miscarriages of justice in history.. i was so invested in that story and remember actually crying when the verdict came in, but i felt some closure after watching it..

36. karynr

January 22, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Athena, I’ve always been a big believer in people changing their ways, bettering themselves and learning and evolving from lifes mistakes and lessons.

But, I also look at patterns and history, because that is the best indicator of future behavior. Yes, people can change for the better and redeem themselves. I’m a glass half full person, unless the evidence is so damning, I’m not sure the person can change. I hope for Lance’s sake he learns from this. There have been so many stories about threats and bullying on his part, maybe he’s see the error of his ways. And just maybe he’ll one day speak from the heart, share the honest story and ask forgiveness for those he hurt and scammed.

37. Athena

January 22, 2013 at 7:56 AM

@ Private Practice: This isn’t a reality tv show, but I just saw a promo where they said tonight’s show will be the series finale…I’m bummed. Sometimes the show was sort of ridiculous, but more often than not, there were relevant issues being addressed through their soapy format. To me, it was much better than Gray’s Anatomy in that regard. Does anyone else watch it?

38. addicted2rs

January 22, 2013 at 7:58 AM

How much did Oprah pay Lance for the interview?

39. iheartvino

January 22, 2013 at 8:39 AM

@Athena- I watch Grey’s, but was never able to get into Private Practice. In all fairness though, I only watched a couple of episodes in its first season. A few of my friends love it and think it’s better than Grey’s. I haven’t been impressed by this season of Grey’s because they’re trying to focus too much on the new group of interns, and their storylines are boring to me. I like when they stick to the original characters.

@kasey, I noticed that the Casey Anthony movie was on late last night so I DVR’d it. I will have to watch it once I’m caught up on all my other shows. 🙂 I can’t wait to see it, especially now that I know Elizabeth Mitchell is in it. Loved her on Lost!

@Karyn, well said, and I found myself nodding with you in your response to Athena. I try to view the glass as half full too and find the best in people but Lance has yet to convince me that he’s learned from his lesson and is truly sorry. From what I saw in the Oprah interview, he did not appear to be remorseful or genuine.

Looking forward to Steve’s Bachelor recap. Anyone else think Kacie’s cocktail party dress looked like she was late to her aerobics class in 1987? Hideous!!

40. kasey31

January 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM

@iheart- yes, that scrunchie!!! i cant for the life of me understand what her intentions were in telling sean about desiree and amanda? why would she do that, and why would he care? so dumb.. bye, bye, kacie!

41. kasey31

January 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM

and did i mention that creepy smile of hers? its a bit of “im the sweet girl-next-door” mixed with “i might watch u while youre sleeping” kind of look.. ok, next column!

42. kianwi

January 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Gah, completely agree about Manti. Sure, you can be infatuated with someone you met online, but there is no way you are in love and in a relationship for three years without ever having met, or even skyped. Just dumb.

Here’s my theory…maybe Manti has some sort of off-shoot version of Munchausen by Proxy?

43. karynr

January 23, 2013 at 6:41 AM

Private Practice

Athena, I watched Private Practice for a few seasons and really enjoyed it. Did you watch the one where they did the intervention on McDreamy’s sister? That was some really good acting and very heart-wrenching. I stopped watching shortly after that season.

I used to love Grey’s too, but haven’t watched that one in a while either.

44. Vanilla Thunder

January 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM

@JovisMom – thanks! I know I’m responding a week late, so you probably won’t even see this. Oh well. But anyway, I did my share of the online dating thing, and boy, did I meet a lot of frogs! But happy ending – I met my hubby at church, so that’s why I recommend that to other single people. 🙂

45. reallife

January 27, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I read the the guy who pranked Manti, Ronaiah, will be interviewed by Dr Phil next week. Ronaiah watched the Katie interview with Dr Phil. So Dr Phil should have some insight into this young man’s psyche just from observing him and hearing his comments while watching Manti with Katie.

I also read that Ronaiah as a child emotionally shut down and started forming a female personal. After reading some other things about him, it seems he could be a woman trapped in a man’s body.

As for Manti’s sexuality, Manti has lived in such a bubble – family, religion, and football, he appears to be very immature, probably sexually as well. He probably hasn’t had many experiences to even discover his true sexual identity. But if he says he is straight, then I have no reason to doubt him and don’t really care.

Ronaiah is definitely a young man who needs professional help. Maybe Dr Phil will be able to get him that help.

I wish Manti the best in the NFL draft. I think he will learn and move on from this with his family’s strong support. However, Ronaiah may actually need serious psychiatric help !!