Dr. Reality Steve

Dr. Reality Steve & the Trailer for “Burning Love” Season 2 Now Up

Pretty comical. Less than 24 hours after I say that nothing in the Manti Te’o story would surprise me at this point, THIS happens. Ok look, maybe I can believe he got hoaxed. Seems to be happening a lot nowadays, and with ESPN coming out yesterday saying they’ve seen transcripts of Manti’s phone bill from May-Sept. 12th of last year (the supposed day of Lennay’s “death”) that show over 1,000 hours he spent on the phone with “her.” So, even though he’s the most gullible, naive, and stupidest person on the planet, it’s explainable that someone just happened to pull off the greatest prank of all-time on him. He got emotionally attached to someone he talked to on the phone for hours and hours and hours. Granted, he’d never met “her” once, but he’d built up enough phone hours to think he was in love with this “woman.” Fine. I’ll give you that. But now you tell me in 1,000 hours of talking to someone you thought was a woman we find out a DUDE was on the phone disguising his voice? And you never caught on in over 1,000 hours of talking to him/her? Can you be fooled by a guy disguising his voice as a woman for maybe a 5-10 minute phone call? I guess. But for 1,000 hours? Are you kidding me? As I said, the Manti Te’o jokes will never get old to me. He deserves every crack made at his expense for the rest of his life. His stupidity is unmatched in dating/sporting world, maybe ever.

If you are looking for the spoilers to Sean’s season, you can get them by clicking here.

A couple “Reader Emails” in recent weeks had asked about the web series “Burning Love” and when they were gonna be on again. Well, Yahoo released the trailer for season 2. Here you go:

Still 3 weeks away before the first episode starts, but I’m sure it’ll be just as funny. How can it not be when the rose ceremony’s are now “box ceremonys” with the guys telling her they’d love to hold her box? Genius. Feb. 14th can’t get here soon enough.

Speaking of videos and boxes, hey, look what someone emailed me yesterday about Selma. It’s from a photo shoot she did last year in San Diego. Yowza. For those of you who are not fans of rap music with explicit lyrics, then just watch the video with the sound down. For those that don’t care like me, I’ll just be watching with my pants down. Enjoy…

1. bobloblaw

January 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Steve,
    The guy running the fake girlfriend profile in the Manti Te’o hoax involved a girl and another guy. This is how he was able to pull of Lennay’s voice and the voice of one of her brothers.

2. Athena

January 24, 2013 at 9:23 AM

@bobloblaw,
    Nope, Steve’s right, at least as far as today’s news is concerned. The most recent reports say that Ronaiah Tuiasosopo disguised his voice when talking to Manti to sound like a woman. This story may well have more twists and turns though, so stay tuned…

3. Vanilla Thunder

January 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM

To the last emailer, if you really want to know if the guy’s interested in you, ask him out. If he says yes, he’d love to, then you’re good to go. If he says no, then there’s your answer. But given his behavior, I would guess that he just likes the attention you give him because it strokes his ego. Or maybe he just wants to be friends, and you’re reading into things. (I’ve been guilty of that myself.) Either way, if you ask him out or ask him flat-out if he’s into you, you will get your answer, and you can go on from there.

4. tcarla

January 24, 2013 at 12:16 PM

No actually I was the guys voice that he was listening to. I saw Katie Couric on Good Morning America and she said that she listened to the voice mail messages and said it sounded like a girl. Maybe he has a very feminine voice?

I’m also a RN. Why anyone would ask Steve for advice professional or relationship is beyond me I actually never even read these by the article caught my eye about the Mante Te’O thing. Anyway he is single guy in his mid thirties with not even a girlfriend. Why would anyone think he would be someone to ask about relationship advice is beyone me but the nurse that wrote in is even worse. To answer her question (since I am a RN also) it sounds like what they are complaining about is the additude she is giving them not so much that she is asking them to do their job. The other person did answer her question correctly about the chain or command and just doing her job I wouldn’t worry about what others are doing unless it directly negativley effects one of her patients. If it does than she has every right to take her complaints up the chain of command. Perhaps she is rude, thinks she is better than others and treats them poorly if that’s the case it would make sense why they are trying to get her fired.

5. tcarla

January 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I sent this without proof reading sorry I spelled attitude wrong and left a couple of incomplete sorry!

6. tcarla

January 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Seriously why is there no spell check or edit button—–I left a couple of words incomplete!!!

7. montrealaise

January 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM

tcarla – you are something else. First you insult and demean Steve (and the people who write to him) with a badly-written, almost incoherent rant – and then blame Steve for your bad writing because his site doesn’t have spell check!
    FYI, I think people write to Steve because he gives them an honest answer. You can ask your friends and family for help, but very often, they are so afraid of hurting your feelings that they are won’t tell you the truth. Steve does.

8. sarah771978

January 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM

tcarla – Was there any advice above that you didn’t agree with? He acknowledged that he was not a source to give advice on the nursing industry, so he referred the letter to an RN. Seems to me like the right thing to do.

And… If his readers didn’t want his opinions they wouldn’t write in the first place. As a long time reader, I can say that this Dr. Steve portion of the site wasn’t around in the beginning until he started receiving so many letters that he thought why the heck not… It wasn’t as if he started advertising relationship advise. Honesty is a hard thing to come by, and it is even harder to hear sometimes. It is easier to listen to someone who is completely separate from the situation, and that is why people write to him. He is honest, sarcastic, and entertaining. If you don’t like it, please don’t come back. We won’t miss you.

And, not all of us have issues writing comments that are grammatically correct devoid of spelling errors… just saying

9. Athena

January 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I’m not bragging, but I have a lot of education and experience in counseling, human relationships, etc., and I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised by Steve’s almost-always-on-target advice to these questions. Either Steve is really good at this stuff, or I should ask for a refund on my education and years of experience. If it’s the latter, please spare me.

10. randais

January 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Tonight – Idol and Last Resort AND the premiere of Project Runway!

Who watched Nashville and/or Idol, last night?

**Nashville**
    About time Scarlet and Gunner joined Avery’s exband! Excellent idea! While I found it beyond believable that Avery was “just driving by” when they were playing in the open garage, I also found it satisfying to watch his reaction.
    “Where’s my bean dip?” bahahahahaha Juliette’s rant while Liam was munching down!
    I’m excited to see how Deacon’s playing with Julliette’s band affects the Rayna/Liam dynamic.

**Idol**
    Interesting interaction between Nikki and Randy/Mariah…Seemed to blow over fairly quickly and didn’t play out the teasers showed it playing out. Whatever…ladybug :D.

11. Athena

January 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Project Runway – yippee!!

And, back to the Bachelor, am I the only one who thought that the extreme backbend that Lesley (or Lindsay) or whoever it was, had to endure for 3+ minutes was excruciating? Shawn kept pushing down and bending her more and more backwards…OUCH! Maybe I’m just old. Well, yes, ok, I AM old. But that would have hurt even in my 20’s. Is it just me?

12. itsfinch

January 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM

@ tcarla…I would like to see you point out one piece of advice Steve has given that falls short. I can’t stand it when people like you judge without backing up your poppycock theories. He’s single in his 30s. So? If he had 3 ex-wives, would you then render him somehow capable of giving great advice? I wouldn’t take advice from anyone with your kind of logic, lol.

13. lucky

January 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Thank you to the people that ** their topics** in their comments; much appreciated!

**Steve’s advice** very entertaining and pretty much spot-on. He appears to be a ‘normal’ person that seems to answer how a ‘normal’ person would. People probably write in to hear what they know that they need to hear. Like another person wrote, “It is easier to listen to someone who is completely separate from the situation”

**Lindsey** I can see why she is Steve’s type even though he doesn’t have a type – she’s adorable. Attractive, funny and has a great smile. She doesn’t pretend; she seems to show people who she actually is. As candid and private as Steve tries to be, he shows his readers every week exactly who he is by his recaps and his answers to Dr. RS. Confidence and clarity is very attractive.

14. lucky

January 24, 2013 at 7:58 PM

** Tierra’s Fall** Has anyone considered the financial aspects if Tierra took a ride in the ambulance? I’ve slipped down my stairs a time or two (not drinking either) and felt like crap, but wouldn’t go to the hospital. WRT Tierra, (1) it may have disqualified her from the show like Survivor disqualifies contestants when it is not safe for them to continue and (2) it may have cost Tierra a bundle; these girls don’t seem to have a lot of money and an ambulance/ ER trip might cost a grand or two. I have insurance but after O-care, I have to pay out over $6 k for the insurance to start paying bills. If I were in that position, I would probably refuse the EMTs too.

15. elizabeth82

January 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Re. Lindsay being Steve’s type even if he doesn’t have a type, I guess I’m surprised cause his fav was Emily O. and she isn’t anything like Lindsay. Emily seemed a lot smarter, wittier, and Lindsay all we’ve seen is her being goofy and drunk and then not much else, just talking about whatever.

16. elizabeth82

January 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM

^I’m not trying to hate on Lindsay, I just don’t see what’s appealing about her. I like Desiree a lot though. 🙂

17. iheartvino

January 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM

*Tierra’s Fall*
    Lucky, I’m with you on that one! (but one of the times that I slipped, alcohol was definitely involved lol) Similar boat with my insurance deductible. Seeing you call it “O-Care” makes me think it’s more like “No-Care.” 🙂

*Dr. Reality Steve*
    I agree with Athena and itsfinch about Steve’s advice. I’d say 90%+ of the time I agree with his advice and would suggest the same things to my friends if they came to me with those situations. I think when it comes to relationship questions his advice is usually spot on. And I thought it was nice of him to forward that question on to a RN he knows instead of giving out advice about something he admitted to not knowing much about.

18. kasey31

January 25, 2013 at 11:41 AM

**idol**
    randais- i havent been able to catch as many episodes as i would have liked to, but im pleasantly surprisingly by nickis feedback so far.. i was one of the first to ask “why her?” but i like her on this season so far.. she adds a little spark and spunk!

is anyone gonna address the elephant in the emails? how weird and uncomfortable was it reading about that woman’s 60yr old bf who “wanks” it? haha.. i blushed : )

19. kasey31

January 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM

*pleasantly surprised.. sorry!

20. rollingeyes

January 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM

@kasey31 – I was surprised by the woman who was surprised that her 60-yr-old boyfriend “wanks”. Of course he does – he’s a man! If they have an active sex life, then he is “wanking”. All men do, and any man who tells you he doesn’t is lying. It isn’t a reflection on the woman or the relationship. I think RS could have explained that a little better, instead of being so embarrassed by it. LOL! 🙂

21. heliofan

January 25, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I understand people sending Steve emails about personal advice. I’m lucky to have some good male friends and I always like getting their perspectives on things. I could see if maybe you didn’t have any male friends or wanted an outsider’s opinion asking Steve. I do not, however, understand the nurse writing him for advice about professional issues. I am both a Registered Nurse and a Licensed Social Worker. If I ever had question like hers I would contact my State Board for Nursing or Social Work not some stranger who is not in the profession. Steve did the right thing consulting a nurse.

22. kasey31

January 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM

rollingeyes- i think it caught him off guard, like it did for me just reading it, but what u said is very true! 😉 i just think it’s funny that a woman said “wank” in her email to steve haha..

23. iheartvino

January 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM

*Nashville*

Randais- I just watched it and I remembered reading your comment about Juliette’s bean dip and wondering what the heck you were talking about, but then saw that scene on the plane, so funny. I liked when Juliette blew off Avery, he looked so bummed and shocked. Serves him right. Did you see the preview for the next episode? Looks sooo good and I wish they weren’t skipping a week next Wed.

*Idol*

Kasey, I’ve been surprised at how good Nicki’s feedback has been too. The whole feud with Mariah is just stupid and honestly I wonder if Mariah’s jealous of the attention Nicki has been getting. Mariah’s always had a rep as being a diva and impossible to please. I love her voice and she’s definitely earned her success but sometimes it seems like she belittles Nicki with her comments. I usually only watch the auditions, first couple of weeks of Hollywood, and then once they get into the top 10.

24. iheartvino

January 26, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Randais, one more thing about Nashville- “Wrong Song” is stuck in my head and I cannot for the life of me get it out!!

25. mommyof2

January 26, 2013 at 5:32 AM

*Nashville- i can’t help but like Juliette at this point in the show, andRayna isnow the one annoying me. Love this show!

*Revenge- i love Aiden, and I just really hope they keep him on this show as a good guy. He and Emily have so much more chemistry than Emily has with Daniel or Jack. And Aiden is quite a looker!

26. kasey31

January 26, 2013 at 6:50 AM

**manti teo**
    finally got the chance to watch the katie couric interview, and i am convinced he had absolutely nothing to do with this.. he is naive, but he was what? 19 when it started and is now 21, if im correct? thats so young.. yes, he was stupid, yes, he was naive, and yes, he missed a lot of signs, but i think he was scared and was completely embarrassed.. then when things started to unravel, i think he just didnt know how to handle it.. maybe it’s just me, but i kind of feel bad for the guy..

27. kasey31

January 26, 2013 at 6:55 AM

lucky- re tierras fall, great point!!!

28. dsny

January 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Manti Te’o – Steve, don’t you consider “He deserves every crack made at his expense for the rest of his life” harsh and mean?

29. Kali

January 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I have an answer for the gal who wrote to Dr. Reality Steve and began her letter with: I want a guy’s opinion so I thought I would run this by you. I met a guy last December (2011) on the phone at work. We hit it off and talked and text every day. We live 1,000 miles apart. …”
    Here’s my response: He’s married. It took me about five sentences to figure this one out. Right after she said she flew out there and he bought her ticket … what’s his problem … his wife wouldn’t let him fly out to meet her? Seriously, this one is as transparent as glass. She needs to dump him – and fast.

30. wanker

January 26, 2013 at 6:21 PM

yep it me, the emailer of the wanker. Sorry if my email offended anyone, but something that I forgot to add in my email, is that most people, when they think of a 60 year old man, they probably think of an OLD man, with few teeth and a dorky smile on his face while uh, wanking–this can’t be further from the truth with my guy, he is a young 60, looks more like 50, a Johnny Depp 50, and he is still thriving. My main question was, and yes, Steve kinda side stepped it, although rollingeyes did kinda did answer it, is—do all guys do it, and should I be worried, even though in that department, things couldn’t be better?

31. kasey31

January 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM

i dont think 60 is old.. 60 is the new 30 ; )

32. kasey31

January 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM

iheart- just saw your message, sorry ive been commenting and havent responded haha.. i totally agree with u about mariah carey.. she seems extremely annoyed at the fact that nicki is getting more attention.. probably bc mariah is used to being the center of attention wherever she is.. i have a lot of respect for her, too, but lets face it, shes a diva!!!

33. Athena

January 27, 2013 at 9:23 AM

@kasey31, I like your approach to math.

34. lobsterandbeer

January 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM

******** wanking at 60 **********
    @wanker to answer your question, YES most guys if not ALL do it!! In fact I tend to think most women do too. It’s natural, it’s healthy and why not? You should try it. Take a couple or 5 days off, go to your local Pleasure Mart, grab “The Rabbit” and some extra batteries and give him a run for his money 😉

35. kasey31

January 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM

athena- idk how old that would make me, but its true! i have a lot of clients ranging in their 20s to late 50s 60s, and i swear, they have the best attitiude, so much energy and would probably give some of my 20 yr olds a run for their money..

**revenge**
    i was so looking forward to tonight until i realized, they are taking another break.. so lame!

36. randais

January 27, 2013 at 4:28 PM

@iheart – YES I kept it vague, knowing that anyone who watched would get it. Pretty funny stuff. I love it EVERYtime Juliette blows off Avery, but HATE it when she is so gullible to his BS. That girl drives me crazy with her “obsession”. That is a great song, I believe it can be found on Youtube maybe even Itunes? Agreed, so frustrating when they show 2-3 episodes then “take another break” seriously, WHYYYYY?

@mommy – Aiden IS A LOOKER….while Daniel still looks like a boy, Aiden is all grown up! I’d miss him if he wasn’t on…every episode, please and thank you.

@kasey – me too :(, WHYYYYY? I must ask again. I could understand next week, with the Super Brawl airing but don’t understand them skipping this week. Well at least The Good Wife is on tonight! 🙂

Coming this week and in February:
    Survivor, Smash, Zero Hour, Do No Harm and Touch (this last one kind of lost my attention toward the end last season but I may give it one more try)

37. kasey31

January 27, 2013 at 6:30 PM

randais- idk, but its super frustrating.. i remember when emily vancamp was on ellen and ellen asked her “why do u guys take so many breaks? are u not acting fast enough?” haha, i thought that was pretty funny..

38. wanker

January 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM

lobsterandbeer

when I stated that everything else in that department was fine, I MEANT everything. Already have the rabbit, along with an assortment of other enhancements, for both of us, have used it together, and I agree with you,it is great…and–not saying I don’t indulge alone, just that he does it more often…

39. iheartvino

January 27, 2013 at 8:42 PM

**the following**
    Okay you guys weren’t kidding, that show is good. Very, VERY gory at times and I could have done without the scenes involving the dogs. 🙁 But for the most part I liked it a lot. Only thing is, I’m going to have to be careful and skip past the comments about it on here on Tue/Wed., because I probably won’t be able to watch it til later in the week or on weekends.

*****wanking at 60*****
    Lobsterandbeer, best comment header ever. And I agree with you guys about age. My husband is 9 years older than me and I think he gets hotter each year.

40. kasey31

January 27, 2013 at 9:23 PM

iheart- just watched the following.. WOW, so so good!! i agree, the puppy scene was not for me, i had to keep my eyes closed, but at least it was quick.. but for those who havent seen it, definitely give it a chance.. its gonna be a good show!

lobsterandbeer- loved the header, too : )

41. kasey31

January 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM

**the following**
    one more thing, anyone else recognize joe carrolls character? he was the shady artist on revenge.. bonus points!!

42. randais

January 28, 2013 at 5:19 AM

@iheart and kasey – regarding The Following, Right? Geeze kasey, good observation, stop showing off :P.

43. lobsterandbeer

January 28, 2013 at 7:00 AM

*********Everybody lets wank tonite**********
    @wanker A serious vrtual high five for you! aaaahhh I think it’s great you and your hubby are still going strong whe a lot of couples the same age are complaining their mate has slowed down or has no interest in them anymore! I hope my hubby is as active when he is 60 alone and with me cause the rate we are going I may need a cane haha!

44. iheartvino

January 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM

**The Following**
    Kasey, YES!!! Thank you for pointing out who Joe was! I knew he looked familiar but I couldn’t place it and I was too lazy to look on IMDB. Anyone recognize Sarah? She was Shannon on Lost. Also, Claire was Karen on Dirty Sexy Money. That show didn’t last very long lol.

**Nashville**
    Randais, I must have missed your comment yesterday, sorry. Did you mean you like when Scarlett blows off Avery? I had only seen Juliette blow him off that one time, just at the party on the last episode. Scarlett is still my least favorite character on that show I think. Looks like there will be more drama with the whole Teddy/Peggy situation.

45. randais

January 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Good grief, I can’t even blame spell check for that one….I was thinking Scarlett when I typed Juliette. Sometimes my fingers are typing what I’m thinking and sometimes they aren’t….what can I say? FFS?

46. rollingeyes

January 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM

*****wanking at 60******

My boyfriend is a young 52 (15 years older than me – gotcha beat iheartvino!) and I’m sure he wanks, especially when we are apart. I don’t mind, I’d rather he wank than find it somewhere else! And I hope he’s still wanking at 60 because that means everything is still working. But to address your concerns, as long as it isn’t interfering with your love life together, don’t be worried about it. As I said in my previous comment, it isn’t a reflection of his feelings for you. Maybe he’s doing it BECAUSE of you, you turn him on! I really wouldn’t worry about it. Everthing still works in that depatment, and your sex-life is great, and he isn’t getting it elsewhere. Those are the only things that matter, right?

47. mktuyru

January 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM

To 1,000 miles away writer: my guess is that he has a girlfriend. Guys who are cheating on their girlfriends eventually start to act weird, and since you don’t know they have girlfriends you think it’s something you did wrong. But after awhile the truth comes out, then it makes sense looking back. RUN FAST AND FAR. The guy is a jerk.

48. wanker

January 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM

rollingeyes

thanks again for your comments, they are helpful, he’s NOT getting it elsewhere, (although on occasion his hand gets more action than me) and not interfering with our love life, other than when I bring it up, (every now and then) which I will now stop, I was basically just looking for other opinions on the “wanking” (gotta love that word! Who knew it would make such an impression..) other than him telling me that it’s not the same as being with me, so I now realize that IS the case, so thanks to all who commented, it has helped me understand a bit better…

49. reddla

January 28, 2013 at 2:25 PM

You’re going to take advice from someone who refers to a woman’s breasts as “milk udders”? WTF.

50. wanker

January 28, 2013 at 2:45 PM

if you have any advise on the subject, I’d love to hear it…and—when a woman is nursing, her breasts are “milk udders” I used mine for all 5 of my children…