Bachelorette Desiree Spoilers

The Bachelor Sean Finale Recap Including Your First Look at Some of Desiree’s Guys (EXCLUSIVE)

-Not a regular recap where I go over every detail of the finale, since there’s not a whole lot of humor in the final episode. Basically, this episode was no different from any other episode outside of the letter that Sean receives from Catherine at the end which, as I predicted, was the most overhyped tease they’ve ever done, and didn’t have any effect on the outcome of the show since these two have been engaged since Nov. 17th when it happened. Why over the last couple weeks they were saying the letter played a big role in the finale, and would even lead into the live “After the Final Rose” is beyond me. They are the epitome of the hype machine. HOW MANY TIMES does this show have to hype something in a promo or a preview only to have it be nothing in the end? They do it every single season, and every single season people buy it. I told you weeks ago that letter didn’t change anything about the outcome, then WetPaint.com confirmed it last week it was from Catherine, then still people are freaking out up until he read it about what it was. All you gotta do is go read my Twitter account from last night to see how many people were still asking about it, even though it’s been covered in my column at least 3 or 4 times since the promo aired with us being shown Chris giving him the letter.

-The show started with Chris in front of the live studio audience showing off his new duds collection. Gee Chris, kinda looked any other suit you’ve worn for the past 25 seasons. But hey, if you say that’s your new line of clothing, well, then I guess it must be. I’m sure tens of men are lining up to buy your stuff as we speak. If that wasn’t enough, right off the bat, Chris teases America with, “We have some late breaking news regarding Sean’s status in the last 24 hours.” Oh crap. The second Chris uttered that line, in came all the tweets. My phone would not shut up. Not only am I supposed to know every single detail about every single season, now I’m supposed to know stuff that’s happening live. Uhhhhh, not quite. That big “announcement” was something I wouldn’t have guessed, or known, in a million years on 24 hrs notice. So thanks for all the tweets. Geesh, shocked Reality Steve wasn’t trending last night based off how many people started asking me that.

-Hey, look at that. The final rose ceremony was at the Pa Sok Tong Villa as reported four months ago. Glad I was also vindicated on that. So how did I know about a remote villa in the northernmost part of Thailand being the secret location for the final rose ceremony? Hmmmmm…good one. Lets just say I have great sources who nailed it again this season. Props to them.

-The Lowe and Shull family have arrived to see Sean, and lets just say, this family has cornered the market on plaid and neon. I believe they own every color and pattern on the spectrum. Quite the colorful clan these people are. I think they must own stock in Old Navy. I also loved the indirect shout out from the Lowe family to RealitySteve.com. When they met Lindsay they said, “We’ve seen pictures…we’ve read some things.” Gee, I wonder where? Man, if only they would’ve dropped in, “Well, Reality Steve said…,” that would’ve been genius. Granted, it never would’ve made air, but still. There son was the “Bachelor” and he wasn’t able to contact them for the most part throughout his whole journey. It’s not hard to assume that maybe they’d visit my site during filming to see what was going on. Just like I’m sure Desiree’s family will today to see who could possibly be the lucky two guys to screamed down by Nate at the end of the season.

-Sean’s father is hard core. Have we ever had a father so expressive towards both final women in the history of this show? No way. It wasn’t even close. He asked the right questions, and showed the right amount of emotion. He seemed just as invested into this show as Sean was. If there’s one thing you can appreciate about Sean as the lead this season, is that it did seem like he was more grounded than past leads, which mostly stems from his family. I mean granted, it’s still fresh in my mind, but I can’t remember a family more involved and more memorable than Sean’s. If anyone saw Ben’s mother walking the streets, would you notice her? Or his sister? I don’t know. It just feels like we’ve seen the Lowe’s and the Shull’s just as much as we’ve seen Sean since the beginning of Emily’s season, even though we haven’t.

-Who do you think got the short end of the stick regarding their last dates with Sean? Catherine for getting to ride elephants in Thailand, or Lindsay, who got to float down a brown river? Tough call. At least Sean color coordinated for his date with Lindsay wearing that aqua blue tank top with red shorts. Quite the fashion statement. Was that from Chris Harrison’s line? You think if Sean and Lindsay’s boat would’ve tipped over and they had to swim in the brown water, they would’ve come up growing a third eye or a second head? Thanks but no thanks. I think I’ll take an elephant ride over boating around in toilet water.

-Lindsay’s last night with Sean had them making out in the room, but then she had a surprise for him. She took him outside where in Thai tradition, they wrote wishes on lanterns and then sent them off into space. You know, exactly what Ashley and Constantine did on their overnight date in Thailand 3 seasons ago. How original. The lanterns said “Love,” “Happiness,” and “Family.” How long after those things went in the air do they come crashing back down to earth? 2 minutes? 5 minutes? 3 days? And whose backyard did they end up in? Did they land next to Constantine and Ashley’s lanterns? This is stuff I need to know.

-Pretty amazing that in Catherine’s bio on ABC’s home page that was released 5 days after filming started, one of the questions on her questionnaire asked her to name 3 things on her bucket list, and one of her answers was to “ride an elephant in Thailand.” Those things are filled out well in advance of going on the show, yet, that’s exactly what she got to do. Imagine that. I wonder if some of her other bucket list things were, “driving around in a snowtruck in a blizzard in Canada,” “playing beach volleyball in Malibu for a losing team,” and “driving from one end of St. Croix to the other with two other girls.” That’d be really creepy.

-Gotta love during the live show them having Lesley, Jackie, Sarah, and AshLee with their “opinions” on who Sean is gonna end up with. Really? Like none of those girls had a freakin’ clue? Forget the spoilers (which they obviously knew about), but Lesley visited Catherine in Seattle a couple weeks ago and was even tweeting pictures of it. You honestly think during her whole time spent with her, not to mention their constant love tweets to each other, that Lesley had no clue she was engaged? Please. What made it even worse was Lesley saying last night, “Oh, I don’t know. I think it’s Lindsay.” Ha ha. That was laughable. And of course, between the four girls Chris asked, 2 said Lindsay and 2 said Catherine. Oooohhhh, the suspense!

-Back in Thailand, Sean sees Neil Lane at his door. Uh oh. The last time these two saw each other, he was giving Leslie H. an ugly ass necklace and Sean was kicking her to the curb. Neil might be the kiss of death this season, you never know. Quite a few times he’s showed up for the “Pretty Woman” date, that woman ended up going home. However, with this being the finale, let me let you in on a little secret. If Neil Lane is showing up half way across the country, and the lead picks out a ring, and that lead proposes, the answer will ALWAYS be “yes.” So anytime they give you the, “Will Sean propose? And will she say yes” is nonsense. Ever since Brad double dumped DeAnna and Jenni, every lead has proposed or been proposed to. Is it in their contract they HAVE to propose? I don’t think so. But they are STRONGLY encouraged to behind-the-scenes. I think it’s pretty much unwritten now that that’s how the show is going to end, come hell or high water. They need to appeal to their 18-54 Women demographic, and those women want to see a fairytale ending with a proposal, or else they’ll lose their sh*t. So that’s what they give em’.

-I’ve never envied the position the “Bachelor” is in, especially on that final day. As ridiculous, manipulated, and contrived as this show is, it cannot be easy to tell a girl you’ve told already you’re crazy about that, “Yeah, but I’ve fallen in love with someone else.” I certainly couldn’t do it on the altar like that, so I always give the lead credit for being able to go through with it. Lindsay handled it about as well as one could. Although, saying “I don’t see my life without you in it” was a bit much. Really? So now she’s doomed for the rest of her life because Sean dumped her? I’m guessing she’ll recover. It sucked to watch even though you knew what was coming, but Lindsay handled it about as well as one could in that situation.

-I saw last night that some people got upset at Sean for dumping Lindsay, and that’s just laughable to me. What are you mad at? If he would’ve proposed to Lindsay and dumped Catherine, people would’ve been mad at that too? After 25 seasons, you’d think people would understand that the point of this show is to eliminate people every week, and at the end, you will decide between two people. One person is gonna get butt hurt, and one person won’t. That’s the way the show works. Stuff he says to Lindsay on their last date together and last night together is no different than any other lead has acted towards the person they ended up dumping. Even if he knew before the last date with either girl he was picking Catherine, you think he’s gonna NOT hold Lindsay’s hand, NOT kiss her, and NOT tell her things she wants to hear? Of course not. That’d give the whole ending away. They HAVE to do that. It’s a television show. So anyone who says, “Well why did he tell her this,” or “why did he say that,” just doesn’t understand the show. It’s such a weak argument. The answer is, as are most answers when it comes to anything regarding this show, “it’s a television show.” Lets deal with it and move on. Those who get so wrapped up and so emotionally invested need a new hobby. It’s pure entertainment and nothing else.

1. Dianne

March 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM

As if ABC/Fleiss isn’t tacky enough, they did themselves one better by choosing THE ugliest silver & gold gowns for Lindsey & Catherine to wear. Second and first place?

And I’m guessing the girls are asked during their audition if they were chosen as the “final”, what type of ring would they prefer. It’s quite possible a few chose a cushion cut.

2. JovisMom

March 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM

@ Dianne – I think I remember Steve saying that once you are the in the final 2 you are taken out shopping for a dress to wear to the final rose?

3. agatha bee

March 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Ok…Desiree was not my first choice (I’d rather it was Lesley) but it doesn’t really matter! As long as the rest of the guys are similar to these, then I’ll be watching!!

4. iheartvino

March 13, 2013 at 1:05 PM

If anyone’s interested- Here is Shay’s (Sean’s sister) blog about the finale and their family’s trip to Thailand.

She mentioned that Sean and Cassie stayed in the same house. I do find that a little odd, you’d think that they’d give a male lead a male producer to stay with instead of Cassie but then again this is the Bachelor franchise we’re talking about so I guess it’s no surprise.

5. cowgirl

March 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I love des’s lineup of guys so far just wish they wouldn’t choose actors and choose more hometown guys with normal lives!!!

6. melimitch

March 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I am so glad to hear Zak Waddell from Dallas made the cut! I went to high school with the kid and he’s posted a few things about flying back and forth for interviews. Awesome – he is a super sweet guy. Way to represent SGP!

7. allybow

March 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM

LOL @ first and second place! It kind of irritated me that their dresses were too similar!

And about Cassie staying with Sean – she is married to another producer on the show… he may have stayed in the house too.

8. randais

March 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM

@Cow – “more hometown guys with normal lives”, there is NOTHING normal about this whole process why in the world would they ever consider going with “normal” guys?

**The Following**
    Honestly, this weeks episode, had me rethinking my attraction to this show. I know, I have been one of the hardcore fans but the gore is really starting to get to me….it’s so over the top.

9. carmondy

March 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM

RS hit the nail on the head about the final two dates. Poor Lindsay! That river was nasty. Should have been a clue to Lindsay that she wouldn’t be “the one”.

And could that proposal set have been any tackier? I thought nothing could be worse than what they rigged up for Emily/Jef, I was wrong.

10. jessica1

March 13, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I’m guessing that they don’t ask the contestants what kind of ring-style they’d prefer. I seem to recall one season where the bach chose one style but his gal was wearing something totally different at the reunion. Dont know how they swung that…

11. thedoctor

March 13, 2013 at 11:49 PM

How do I email Steve my question?

During the proposal, the Neil Lane mark is shown. However, during the replay of the proposal, the ring box is shown without the Neil Lane mark. Why? Did Neil not pay enough $.

12. karynr

March 14, 2013 at 5:32 AM

thedoctor…editing was really off this season. There’s a contact me button at the top of this page.

*AI*
    After AI last night, I think I want an Angie/Candice finale!

Nikki is SO weird. What was the deal with her being so late? It seemed a little awkward for them.

Keith Urban is a gorgeous man!

Some of these AI kids REALLY have sparkle!!!!

13. jacey

March 14, 2013 at 5:47 AM

“lisalisa on March 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM said:
    Catherine not as into Sean? Have you **seen** Sean?? He’s way too cute and adorable – of course she’s totally into him and must be thanking her lucky stars.”

First of all, Diane, thank you. I thought I was the only one who thought those dresses were 80’s tacky and ill-fitting. Especially Lindsay’s.

Now to @LisaLisa. Yes, I have “seen Sean” and I tried to get it… I really did, but physically all I see is a dork trying to be “beefy.”

I watched the playback of Sean and Lindsay, then Sean and Catherine sitting side by side on ATFR. The Sean and Lindsay pairing ‘looks’ way more like they belong together. And Frankly, intellectually, I think they’re a better fit as well. They’re both missing ‘polish.’ I think Sean chose what he thought he was missing from himself instead of the ‘like me’ persona that is Lindsay.

14. Dianne

March 14, 2013 at 6:00 AM

@JovisMom – if that’s the case, then both girls have HORRID taste. Seem a bit too much of a coincidence that they would both pick shimmer/glitter ugly dresses that did not fit either of them properly, therfore, being very, very uncomplimentary.

@jacey – I know!! I was just waiting for a disco-ball to lower down out of one of those strange looking trees!

15. Sunnyside422

March 14, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Gotta chime in on the final 2 dresses. Really tacky and darn right ugly. But frankly, the girls get to pick their dress and both of these ladies don’t impress me as having much brain matter.

As for Sean…never was impressed with the beefcake look to him and that goofy grin whenever he is asked to take his shirt off. I’m so done with him. His hair is nearly gone, his intelligence level is suspect and never will I ever stop saying yuk as he does the nose to nose sucking of the girl’s upper lip. I’d slap him if he was my date and show him how to tilt his head, open his mouth slightly and affix his lips to BOTH lips on the girl. He is beyond horrible and spending a life time with that lip sucking would do me in.

I don’t think Catherine is all that gaga about him other than his body. Just saw a strange ibe watching them together and it reminded me of Emily with Brad on the After show. I don’t wish any of these made for TV couples failure, but ABC pushing for a televised wedding and all, will place much pressure on them.

As to Idol: a final with Kree, Angie, Candice would be awesome and I’d probably pick Kree. Love her lots but feel pretty much the same for the others. I think Janelle is beyond adorable, but just don’t feel she can make it to the end.

As for the guys…maybe Curtis and the one with the redish hair (name escapes me). Love Lazaro so much, but if going with best singers and not this sweet young man’s back story, I’d say he won’t win.

16. Sunnyside422

March 14, 2013 at 7:04 AM

The word was “vibe”. Some how the V never made it from my finger to the keyboard! Need more coffee!

17. Dianne

March 14, 2013 at 7:37 AM

@ JovisMom and Sunnyside..since the girls get to choose their dress for the “final”, I’m guessing, by the looks of these two dresses, the pickin’s were pretty slim!

18. jacey

March 14, 2013 at 8:04 AM

“As to The Following…yeh the gore is getting a bit much, but I do bet that cults exist and weird crap goes down with them.”

Yeah, and that whole underlying not-so-subtle suggestion that Joe Carroll’s knife going into that guy accompanied with the looks on both men’s faces was some sort of analogous ‘penis’ was all more than a little disturbing. Not the fact that it was two men, but the coupling of ‘sex’ with violence. Anybody else pick up on that?

19. karynr

March 14, 2013 at 8:05 AM

sunnyside…watching him attempt to kiss properly was pretty gross!

20. randais

March 14, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Anyone else looking forward to the premiere of “Ready For Love”? I’ve been watching the previews of this for months and they’ve changed the premiere date 3 times. Right now, it’s set for 4/9 and I’m hoping it sticks because this looks to have some promise.

**Survivor**
    Holy melt down Brandon!
    He’s constantly doing about faces the whole episode, first he’s all aggressive then he’s all apologetic. He scares the bejesus out of his tribe mates when he goes postal (excuse the reference) and dumps their rice and bean rations. Even though the favs win the reward challenge, again, they are all riding the Brandon roller coaster and it’s taking a toll.

Meanwhile, back at the Fan’s campsite, Reynold is scrambling after pulling out and using his immunity idol at tribal and EVERYone else is scrambling to keep him from finding the idol a second time. They return from the reward challenge as losers and the weather isn’t helping when it storms/rains for 48 hours straight, I think we can safely say, they are beyond dejected. While everyone is searching for the rehidden idol desperately trying to keep it away from Reynold, guess who finds it…..Reynold.

The favs have just about had their fill of bipolar (no offense) Brandon though. He goes off on Phillip then apologizes then goes off again. By the time they arrive at the immunity challenge, they’ve decided to forfeit the challenge and go to tribal to vote him out. Jeff obliges, by holding a vocal vote as they stand there and while the other tribe is also, standing there watching. Brandon votes off Phillip and the rest of the tribe sends Brandon packing.

The previews have me suspecting a change up next week, but we’ll see.

21. randais

March 14, 2013 at 8:14 AM

@jacey – YES! It’s pushing my tolerance of violence as fictionalized as it may or may not be. I’m finding myself not being able to stomach many of the scenes, more and more. I’m not completely done yet, but I’m finding it not as much thrilling and repulsive.

**Idol**
    What the heck is with Nikki? She’s strange.
    I love all the finalists. @ sunny, Devin, the red head. He’s talented for sure. I like Kree too, Angie, Amber, Candice….ok ok they’re all stellar!

The Voice premiere’s on the 25th!

22. texas

March 14, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Remember on the ATFR for Ashley and JP, Ashley’s sister was there and talked about how she was supportive now of JP, etc etc? I was half expecting a similar thing with Catherine’s sisters or maybe her mom who was reluctant to give Sean her “blessing.” They were no where in sight at the ATFR. Makes me wonder if they are still not on-board with the whole thing. Who knows. Maybe the plan is to make that “storyline” part of the wedding special. If it happens….

23. Sunnyside422

March 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Randais: yes thanks…Devin…could not remember his name, but agree he is very good.

Have not been watching Survivor (as I usually do On Demand) cause I watch Idol and am ust not interested in the Favs vs.Fans thing.

I see that..when Joe Carrol stabbed Charlie..the look on both faces could resemble pleasure. And the show has been picked up for a second season…according to tabloids. I so want it to be a one on one with Ryan and Joe…with Ryan disposing of Joe!

Nicki is beyond strange and frankly stupid in her commentary! Hopefully she will be replaced next season. Love Keith…what a sweet cutie pie. Nicole is one lucky lady to have a real man after Cruise! Mariah seems very sincere and normal with her helpful comments. Randy is Randy and I have no issues with him. BEGONE NICKI! These kids are fortunate Simon is long gone or he’d have destroyed some of their egos and confidence.

24. jacey

March 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Ok… I just want to punctuate for all you AshLee bashers — You know. Those of you with all the “cray-cray” comments and such regarding AshLee’s ‘come to Jesus’ confrontation with Sean?? — that Sean “said the same thing to Lindsay” according to Selma (See Youtube On-Air radio Interview) on RS blog.

Oh, and while I’m on the subject, please stop trying to make “cray cray” happen. lol It’s stupid.

25. kasey31

March 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM

im extremely happy for sean and catherine, and i thought this was probably the sweetest “proposal” since ashley and jp.. catherine’s reaction was so genuine, and i thought both ladies looked gorgeous.. the odds are against them, but i wish these 2 the best of luck!

26. lisalisa

March 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Lindsay’s silver dress looked horrible on her- it made her look like she didn’t have a waist. Fashion Police no likey 🙂

In terms of Lindsay possibly being the better fit for him- I believe that he had a thing for her, even on the ATFR- did you notice how he checked her out, and kept checking her out when they were seated next to each other on stage? I mean checking out her body and what she was wearing, including the sheer panel in the front of her dress. There was some interest there from him. Anyone else notice this?