Bachelorette Desiree Spoilers

The Bachelor Sean Finale Recap Including Your First Look at Some of Desiree’s Guys (EXCLUSIVE)

-I think they should stick with the live ATFR shows from here on out. Not only does it prevent the spoiler from getting out (even though it’s out early enough), but I’m talking about for those in the audience who obviously know and would have to keep it a secret, but it just seems much more genuine to do it live. And that’s saying something when I use the word “genuine” and this show in the same sentence. Live TV is always better under any circumstance. Nothing went wrong last night, but, it’s just more appealing to a viewer to see something live than on tape. Hey just think, if this show was actually live, then no spoilers would get out. Then again, it’d be impossible to air this show live. That makes no sense.

-Ahhhh, so we can now add Lindsay to the group. You know what group, don’t you? The “When Did You Know” Group.

I love it. Almost without fail, every season, we get that runner up person asking the lead that in their first time seeing them since the final rose ceremony. Kills me every time. So if anyone wants to cut up that portion of Lindsay asking Sean that last night so I can add it to the end of this video, be my guest. I’m moving on to Desiree’s season, so frankly, I don’t feel like doing it myself. Welcome to the club, Lindsay!

-Wasn’t it great how Chris Harrison says to Sean and Catherine “America has fallen love with you guys,” when they were only a half hour removed from the finale airing in only 2 of the 4 US time zones? Really, Chris? How do you know this? You’ve already surveyed America to know they’re in love with Sean and Catherine even though you’ve been on live TV for the last 30 minutes and the couple has barely made their first public appearance together? Wow. You are a man of many talents. Amazing how you can gauge the temperature of America all while hosting a show.

-Forgot to mention this about Chris when talking about the letter. Did you see the interview he did with People.com that posted yesterday hours before the finale aired? Gotta love this answer:

The finale promos show you handing a note to Sean on decision day. Have you seen anyone guess the letter’s author or intent correctly? Is it as big a deal as they have made it appear?

Chris: No one has guessed even close to what it is or whom it is from. It is extremely impactful and plays a major role in how the finale plays out as it comes right before Sean is about to make his final decision. I didn’t know what it said. It was burning a hole in my pocket in the 30 minutes we had to set up me giving it to him. I was in a room by myself, it wasn’t sealed and the nosy 12-year-old in me was like, “I could so read this right now.” But out of respect, I didn’t.

Really, Chris? NO ONE guessed “even close” to what it is or who it was from? You sure about that? Cuz the funny thing is, right here on this site last Tuesday, we shared the exclusive from WetPaint.com that it was Catherine who wrote the letter. And considering the letter didn’t have nearly the impact your promos, or yourself, were claiming it would have for the past month, you’ve become an excellent liar. Nice try, though.

-The other thing that seems to be a common theme during the last several ATFR shows is Chris telling the final couple, “And you guys haven’t even seen your proposal yet.” Yes, we know Chris. Of course they haven’t seen it. When it airs, they’re backstage in a green room. Off the top of my head, that now makes it 5 consecutive couples who didn’t see their proposal that you showed to out on stage (Brad & Emily, Ashley & JP, Ben & Courtney, Emily & Jef, and now Sean & Catherine). And I’m sure it was others before that, but off the top of my head, I can specifically remember Chris saying that and showing them the proposal at the ATFR, yet, he presents this to us every season like this is something startling, ground breaking news. I’ll make a prediction: Whoever Desiree chooses, when their ATFR airs this season, Chris will say the same thing again. I know. Really going out on a limb there, huh?

-So where do I stand with Sean and Catherine now that the finale has aired? Pretty much exactly where I stood before it aired. I say it every season and I’ll say it again: I’ll believe it when I see it. Chris seemed to want to make a big deal out of Sean and Catherine being the first couple to ever say “We’re gonna televise our wedding” during the ATFR show. Ummmm, did he not forget that he told the audience that Brad & Emily were actually supposed to GET MARRIED during their ATFR show? And look what happened to them. I found it quite odd that Sean & Catherine tell the world “We’re gonna televise our wedding,” yet, didn’t set a date. I didn’t see the point of that. And the whole “we just found out late breaking news in the last 24 hours about Sean’s relationship status” only to have it be that was, yet again, another giant tease that failed to deliver. Not to mention, ANY couple that gets married from this show, they’re going to want to televise it, so why is it news when Sean tells us that’s what they want to do? Of course ABC is gonna televise if Sean and Catherine get married. That’s what they do.

-The offer, as always, still stands for Sean and Catherine. By all means if they walk down the aisle and get married, I will be the first person to buy them a gift off their registry. Jason & Molly got one, and so did Ashley & JP. Sean and Catherine will be no different. Yes, I heard everything they said to each other on TV last night. Yes, they seemed very happy together. Yes, I think Sean is different than most previous “Bachelor” leads. But my stance is as always: I’ll believe it when I see it. Every single final couple (with the exception of one or two) have sat up there during the ATFR show in their first public appearance together, and said the same exact things to each other that Sean and Catherine did last night. Every one. And none of them have gotten married. So I basically put zero stock into what they said and how they interacted with each other, because I’ve seen it numerous times before, and every one of them has failed. I wish them all the best, if they can make this relationship work out of the crazy circumstances they were pushed into, by all means, my hats off to them. I’m just skeptical, which anyone should be.

-One of the few times I agree with Chris Harrison was when I read his interview with TVGuide.com this morning. In particular, this question and answer:

How do you feel about Sean doing “Dancing with the Stars?”

Harrison: I understand it from Sean’s perspective, but I got to be honest, I’m slightly disappointed. People are going to automatically think, “You are now a reality star and you are a fame whore,” which is sad because that’s not him. I wish him well and I think he’ll win the thing, I just wish he had shown the world that he did The Bachelor for all the right reasons and he’s ready to go back to his life with Catherine. If something possibly goes wrong with Catherine, people will think that’s the reason. It opens himself up to stuff he didn’t need right now. But, again, I get it.

My thoughts exactly. I get why Sean is doing it because nobody in their right mind would turn down six figures to go dancing for a few weeks, or however long he lasts. I’m just saying he’s certainly opening himself up to a lot of criticism if/when him and Catherine break up. If they do break up, will it all be because of “Dancing With the Stars?” Of course not. But plenty of people will think that. I’ve already had people emailing me this morning calling Sean a “sell out.” First the “Bachelorette,” then the “Bachelor,” now DWTS, and already agreeing to a televised wedding. That a disagree with. A “sell out” to me would be if Sean abandoned his faith, moved out of Dallas to Hollywood, and started a career in acting/hosting, because that is something he’s said he’s not interested in. That’d be selling out. All he’s doing is taking advantage of opportunities that are being given to him that are arising from this show. Nobody offered DWTS from this show would be stupid enough to turn it down for that kind of money, and as mentioned earlier, any wedding that’s happening from this show is already gonna be paid for ABC. Who’s gonna turn down having an extravagant wedding completely paid for? No one, that’s who.

-In the end, if Catherine is who makes Sean happy, and that’s who he wants to spend the rest of his life with, then good for him. Immediately jumping into DWTS I can’t imagine is helping matters, but whatever. I guess it depends on who you talk to. If you asked people after Jake & Vienna’s finale if you thought they would make it once he immediately went into DWTS, everyone would’ve said no, because they were mostly disliked by people. Well, she was at the time. But because people like Sean and Catherine, they’ll make excuses for them saying, “Oh no, they’ll be fine. Their love will get them through it.” Whatever you want to convince yourself of. Chris is right in his assessment. I get the opportunity is too lucrative financially to pass up, however, you’re just opening yourself up to even more criticism if/when the relationship goes south. His life. His decision. Lets see what happens. The wait-and-see approach is the best one to take in regards to every relationship ever formed on this show.

-For the final segment, they bring out the second worst kept secret in the world, and that’s that Desiree is the next “Bachelorette.” Man, did she really start crying within her first sentence on the show? Oh boy. This is gonna be a looooooooooong season. I’m guessing Desiree will be crying once or a 100 times during the next couple months. I’ve got no problem whatsoever with Desiree being the lead. I think she’s very cute, she’s got a great backstory, and she doesn’t have any annoying quirks. Yet. Gimmie time. I’m sure I’ll find one. She does have rather small front teeth. I did notice that. You ever notice how her two front teeth are quite smaller than the ones around it? What’s that all about? Anyway, if that’s the worst I can nit pick about Desiree right now, then she looks to be in good shape. Now, without further adieu, on to some of Desiree’s guys…

1. Dianne

March 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM

As if ABC/Fleiss isn’t tacky enough, they did themselves one better by choosing THE ugliest silver & gold gowns for Lindsey & Catherine to wear. Second and first place?

And I’m guessing the girls are asked during their audition if they were chosen as the “final”, what type of ring would they prefer. It’s quite possible a few chose a cushion cut.

2. JovisMom

March 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM

@ Dianne – I think I remember Steve saying that once you are the in the final 2 you are taken out shopping for a dress to wear to the final rose?

3. agatha bee

March 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Ok…Desiree was not my first choice (I’d rather it was Lesley) but it doesn’t really matter! As long as the rest of the guys are similar to these, then I’ll be watching!!

4. iheartvino

March 13, 2013 at 1:05 PM

If anyone’s interested- Here is Shay’s (Sean’s sister) blog about the finale and their family’s trip to Thailand.

She mentioned that Sean and Cassie stayed in the same house. I do find that a little odd, you’d think that they’d give a male lead a male producer to stay with instead of Cassie but then again this is the Bachelor franchise we’re talking about so I guess it’s no surprise.

5. cowgirl

March 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I love des’s lineup of guys so far just wish they wouldn’t choose actors and choose more hometown guys with normal lives!!!

6. melimitch

March 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I am so glad to hear Zak Waddell from Dallas made the cut! I went to high school with the kid and he’s posted a few things about flying back and forth for interviews. Awesome – he is a super sweet guy. Way to represent SGP!

7. allybow

March 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM

LOL @ first and second place! It kind of irritated me that their dresses were too similar!

And about Cassie staying with Sean – she is married to another producer on the show… he may have stayed in the house too.

8. randais

March 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM

@Cow – “more hometown guys with normal lives”, there is NOTHING normal about this whole process why in the world would they ever consider going with “normal” guys?

**The Following**
    Honestly, this weeks episode, had me rethinking my attraction to this show. I know, I have been one of the hardcore fans but the gore is really starting to get to me….it’s so over the top.

9. carmondy

March 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM

RS hit the nail on the head about the final two dates. Poor Lindsay! That river was nasty. Should have been a clue to Lindsay that she wouldn’t be “the one”.

And could that proposal set have been any tackier? I thought nothing could be worse than what they rigged up for Emily/Jef, I was wrong.

10. jessica1

March 13, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I’m guessing that they don’t ask the contestants what kind of ring-style they’d prefer. I seem to recall one season where the bach chose one style but his gal was wearing something totally different at the reunion. Dont know how they swung that…

11. thedoctor

March 13, 2013 at 11:49 PM

How do I email Steve my question?

During the proposal, the Neil Lane mark is shown. However, during the replay of the proposal, the ring box is shown without the Neil Lane mark. Why? Did Neil not pay enough $.

12. karynr

March 14, 2013 at 5:32 AM

thedoctor…editing was really off this season. There’s a contact me button at the top of this page.

*AI*
    After AI last night, I think I want an Angie/Candice finale!

Nikki is SO weird. What was the deal with her being so late? It seemed a little awkward for them.

Keith Urban is a gorgeous man!

Some of these AI kids REALLY have sparkle!!!!

13. jacey

March 14, 2013 at 5:47 AM

“lisalisa on March 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM said:
    Catherine not as into Sean? Have you **seen** Sean?? He’s way too cute and adorable – of course she’s totally into him and must be thanking her lucky stars.”

First of all, Diane, thank you. I thought I was the only one who thought those dresses were 80’s tacky and ill-fitting. Especially Lindsay’s.

Now to @LisaLisa. Yes, I have “seen Sean” and I tried to get it… I really did, but physically all I see is a dork trying to be “beefy.”

I watched the playback of Sean and Lindsay, then Sean and Catherine sitting side by side on ATFR. The Sean and Lindsay pairing ‘looks’ way more like they belong together. And Frankly, intellectually, I think they’re a better fit as well. They’re both missing ‘polish.’ I think Sean chose what he thought he was missing from himself instead of the ‘like me’ persona that is Lindsay.

14. Dianne

March 14, 2013 at 6:00 AM

@JovisMom – if that’s the case, then both girls have HORRID taste. Seem a bit too much of a coincidence that they would both pick shimmer/glitter ugly dresses that did not fit either of them properly, therfore, being very, very uncomplimentary.

@jacey – I know!! I was just waiting for a disco-ball to lower down out of one of those strange looking trees!

15. Sunnyside422

March 14, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Gotta chime in on the final 2 dresses. Really tacky and darn right ugly. But frankly, the girls get to pick their dress and both of these ladies don’t impress me as having much brain matter.

As for Sean…never was impressed with the beefcake look to him and that goofy grin whenever he is asked to take his shirt off. I’m so done with him. His hair is nearly gone, his intelligence level is suspect and never will I ever stop saying yuk as he does the nose to nose sucking of the girl’s upper lip. I’d slap him if he was my date and show him how to tilt his head, open his mouth slightly and affix his lips to BOTH lips on the girl. He is beyond horrible and spending a life time with that lip sucking would do me in.

I don’t think Catherine is all that gaga about him other than his body. Just saw a strange ibe watching them together and it reminded me of Emily with Brad on the After show. I don’t wish any of these made for TV couples failure, but ABC pushing for a televised wedding and all, will place much pressure on them.

As to Idol: a final with Kree, Angie, Candice would be awesome and I’d probably pick Kree. Love her lots but feel pretty much the same for the others. I think Janelle is beyond adorable, but just don’t feel she can make it to the end.

As for the guys…maybe Curtis and the one with the redish hair (name escapes me). Love Lazaro so much, but if going with best singers and not this sweet young man’s back story, I’d say he won’t win.

16. Sunnyside422

March 14, 2013 at 7:04 AM

The word was “vibe”. Some how the V never made it from my finger to the keyboard! Need more coffee!

17. Dianne

March 14, 2013 at 7:37 AM

@ JovisMom and Sunnyside..since the girls get to choose their dress for the “final”, I’m guessing, by the looks of these two dresses, the pickin’s were pretty slim!

18. jacey

March 14, 2013 at 8:04 AM

“As to The Following…yeh the gore is getting a bit much, but I do bet that cults exist and weird crap goes down with them.”

Yeah, and that whole underlying not-so-subtle suggestion that Joe Carroll’s knife going into that guy accompanied with the looks on both men’s faces was some sort of analogous ‘penis’ was all more than a little disturbing. Not the fact that it was two men, but the coupling of ‘sex’ with violence. Anybody else pick up on that?

19. karynr

March 14, 2013 at 8:05 AM

sunnyside…watching him attempt to kiss properly was pretty gross!

20. randais

March 14, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Anyone else looking forward to the premiere of “Ready For Love”? I’ve been watching the previews of this for months and they’ve changed the premiere date 3 times. Right now, it’s set for 4/9 and I’m hoping it sticks because this looks to have some promise.

**Survivor**
    Holy melt down Brandon!
    He’s constantly doing about faces the whole episode, first he’s all aggressive then he’s all apologetic. He scares the bejesus out of his tribe mates when he goes postal (excuse the reference) and dumps their rice and bean rations. Even though the favs win the reward challenge, again, they are all riding the Brandon roller coaster and it’s taking a toll.

Meanwhile, back at the Fan’s campsite, Reynold is scrambling after pulling out and using his immunity idol at tribal and EVERYone else is scrambling to keep him from finding the idol a second time. They return from the reward challenge as losers and the weather isn’t helping when it storms/rains for 48 hours straight, I think we can safely say, they are beyond dejected. While everyone is searching for the rehidden idol desperately trying to keep it away from Reynold, guess who finds it…..Reynold.

The favs have just about had their fill of bipolar (no offense) Brandon though. He goes off on Phillip then apologizes then goes off again. By the time they arrive at the immunity challenge, they’ve decided to forfeit the challenge and go to tribal to vote him out. Jeff obliges, by holding a vocal vote as they stand there and while the other tribe is also, standing there watching. Brandon votes off Phillip and the rest of the tribe sends Brandon packing.

The previews have me suspecting a change up next week, but we’ll see.

21. randais

March 14, 2013 at 8:14 AM

@jacey – YES! It’s pushing my tolerance of violence as fictionalized as it may or may not be. I’m finding myself not being able to stomach many of the scenes, more and more. I’m not completely done yet, but I’m finding it not as much thrilling and repulsive.

**Idol**
    What the heck is with Nikki? She’s strange.
    I love all the finalists. @ sunny, Devin, the red head. He’s talented for sure. I like Kree too, Angie, Amber, Candice….ok ok they’re all stellar!

The Voice premiere’s on the 25th!

22. texas

March 14, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Remember on the ATFR for Ashley and JP, Ashley’s sister was there and talked about how she was supportive now of JP, etc etc? I was half expecting a similar thing with Catherine’s sisters or maybe her mom who was reluctant to give Sean her “blessing.” They were no where in sight at the ATFR. Makes me wonder if they are still not on-board with the whole thing. Who knows. Maybe the plan is to make that “storyline” part of the wedding special. If it happens….

23. Sunnyside422

March 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Randais: yes thanks…Devin…could not remember his name, but agree he is very good.

Have not been watching Survivor (as I usually do On Demand) cause I watch Idol and am ust not interested in the Favs vs.Fans thing.

I see that..when Joe Carrol stabbed Charlie..the look on both faces could resemble pleasure. And the show has been picked up for a second season…according to tabloids. I so want it to be a one on one with Ryan and Joe…with Ryan disposing of Joe!

Nicki is beyond strange and frankly stupid in her commentary! Hopefully she will be replaced next season. Love Keith…what a sweet cutie pie. Nicole is one lucky lady to have a real man after Cruise! Mariah seems very sincere and normal with her helpful comments. Randy is Randy and I have no issues with him. BEGONE NICKI! These kids are fortunate Simon is long gone or he’d have destroyed some of their egos and confidence.

24. jacey

March 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Ok… I just want to punctuate for all you AshLee bashers — You know. Those of you with all the “cray-cray” comments and such regarding AshLee’s ‘come to Jesus’ confrontation with Sean?? — that Sean “said the same thing to Lindsay” according to Selma (See Youtube On-Air radio Interview) on RS blog.

Oh, and while I’m on the subject, please stop trying to make “cray cray” happen. lol It’s stupid.

25. kasey31

March 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM

im extremely happy for sean and catherine, and i thought this was probably the sweetest “proposal” since ashley and jp.. catherine’s reaction was so genuine, and i thought both ladies looked gorgeous.. the odds are against them, but i wish these 2 the best of luck!

26. lisalisa

March 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Lindsay’s silver dress looked horrible on her- it made her look like she didn’t have a waist. Fashion Police no likey 🙂

In terms of Lindsay possibly being the better fit for him- I believe that he had a thing for her, even on the ATFR- did you notice how he checked her out, and kept checking her out when they were seated next to each other on stage? I mean checking out her body and what she was wearing, including the sheer panel in the front of her dress. There was some interest there from him. Anyone else notice this?