Wrong about Brooks, wrong about Juan Pablo…DONE with RealitySteve!!! Why would I continue to follow someone who’s 0 for 2 for the entire season? Batting 000.0, Steve! I’ll watch and enjoy the show from now on, like everyone else.
Comment: I only had 2 spoilers for the entire season? And I was wrong about both? Wow. That’s about as factually incorrect as you can get. Nice try though. Keep reading.
First I want to say I love your column and screw all the the haters. You’re only human.
Okay so last night it was so awkward when Brooks came out! Did you see her face? He was so uncomfortable. It was pitiful. She was teary eyed and he was getting emotional. Can you explain to me how she could be engaged to Chris after her saying she saw Brooks as her future? How can you be in love one day and engaged to someone else a few days later? On GMA they asked her if Brooks had not left Antigua would she have been engaged to Chris? She said yes that she just knew! She is so full of shit! It would have been Brooks up there and not Chris. It won’t last she will want to kill him from all the poetry he is going to write her!
Anyway you do an awesome job! Keep
It up! Looking forward to Juan Pablo spoilers!!
Comment: At the time it was airing Monday night, I didn’t really pay attention to the Brooks and Des conversation. I was too busy texting people asking me what the hell happened. I went back and watched it though and it was rather uncomfortable. Why did it seem like he was the Bachelor and he’d dumped her so she was looking for answers? That was completely bizarre from every angle.
And I don’t buy for a second that until that moment, Brooks had no idea what the end result of the show was. Total bullsh*t.
My mother, who is 72, loves you and your spoilers. (I give her the
highlights). Anyhow, she asked me to email “RealitySteven” to let you
know that she loves you and that if you were right about everything,
all the time, it would be no fun. She is also looking forward to your
spoilers about “Juan Pollo’s” season. No, I don’t think she realizes
that she’s effectively calling him “Juan Chicken”. I’m just going to
let her have that one, but I thought it might bring you a chuckle.
Anyhow, keep your chin up, we adore your blog!
Comment: Actually, it’s Stephen with a “ph.”
I think I may have to work a “Juan Pollo” into the column at some point next season. I guess it’s better than the person on Twitter who yelled at me all while calling him “Juan Carlos.” Is that any relation to Carlos Danger?
So now that we know what happened on the finale, why do you think that brooks isn’t the next bachelor? He would have been my first choice. Do you think they offered it to him and he turned it down? I’m happy with Juan Pablo but would have definitely preferred Brooks.
Comment: Why? Well, probably because the guy is awful at breaking up with women.
Not to mention, hey I did get one thing right this season when I told you back in April that Brooks was not ready to get married anytime soon. Maybe I should’ve listened to my own info. He did nothing to dispel that image of him at all this season. I think therein lies your answer.
Never in a million years would I expect to think about your website while in church, but in fact I did have a chuckle when our preacher started his sermon Sunday by “recapping” this season. His sermon was titled “Chosen” and asked the congregation if we would “accept” a rose from God. I do think the show is complete silliness, but for whatever reason I get sucked in every season…. as do a lot of people obviously… but never thought it was worthy of a Sunday sermon! Just thought you might also find it funny & whispered to my husband that I had to send you an email to tell you about it. At the end he announced that he would have to tune in on Monday for the end result. Who knows…maybe God even tuned in to see who won :).
Comment: Your preacher talked about the “Bachelorette” during a sermon? I think I’ve heard it all now.
Maybe I should strengthen my relationship with God to get next season’s spoilers. I mean, he’s all knowing, right? Think he could throw me a bone and fill me in on who Juan Pablo picks?
I, like many of your readers, was seriously upset your spoilers were wrong. However, I wasn’t upset with you, I was pissed because I wanted Brooks to win! I was holding out hope Brooks would return last night and Chris would be the next Bachelor…a girl can dream.
But, that being said, haters gonna hate and you’ll bounce back. Even if your spoilers were wrong, I always enjoy your recaps if nothing more than for comic relief.
Keep on doing what you do!
…and good for you for retweeting some of those awful comments. Just goes to show you have a good head on your shoulders!
Comment: The retweets were done for pure comedy because I’m guessing most of my followers weren’t gonna do a search of my name to see what everyone was saying, so I figured I’d make it easy for them. There were some beauties, no doubt.
This was my first season reading your site – and it was fun regardless if you were right or wrong with the ending. I think the crazy that ensued made it all the more fun! So I wouldn’t beat yourself up too much! My friend, J, who told me about your site said she secretly hopes you get it wrong some seasons just because it’s fun to have the twists! So the people who are mad out there, I think secretly they enjoy how crazy the last week was!
Anyway – QUESTIONS/COMMENTS:
1. WTF did they pick Juan – I know every season there are probably people who do not want the lead to be the lead, but Juan I really do NOT want to be the lead. I would have rather Brooks or Drew. Someone said that it wasn’t either of them b/c too many people thought they were gay. Can you update us on the feedback you get on people who actually like Juan vs those that do not?
2. HOW THE EFF did the Brooks thing happen?! I was shocked – totally shocked – did NOT see that coming. I can’t tell if it’s because all season I thought it was him and so I didn’t pick up on red flags – but to me it was SO obvious she wanted him from day #1. Looking back, I can now pick up on “tricks’ that the bachelor pulled on us – letting her talk SO much about Brooks and reveal how much she likes him etc. She basically created a story line on her to show desperate girl loves guy who doesn’t love her – in a way I feel bad for her and how they made her look. They didn’t really give us a view on her liking Drew or Chris all that much – I wonder if this was editing?
3. Did you see Ari’s message on FB letting everyone know he was not picked to be the next Bachelor – um DUH! Did he really think he would be picked. This guy is so annoying – he needs to move on and stop talking about Bachelor and acting like he’s the second coming of Christ!
4. Do you think Catherine and Sean will get married in the next 12 months?
5. Side note, I think Juan would be a good contestant on Dancing with the Stars – i’m 100% sure he’ll be cast for that!!!
Have a great summer Reality Steve, I’m glad you will be writing more through the summer – i’d love to get more behind the scenes stuff – that’s the best!
Comment: As I mentioned, if the show wants to do a cliffhanger like the 2nd last episode every season, that’d be fine by me. My column on July 30th had the most page views of any column I’ve ever written in 10 years.
1) Just like any other person whose been cast as the lead, he’s got a fan base of people who love him, and those that are scratching their heads wondering why a guy who got basically no air time in six episodes is suddenly the lead based off a 5 minute appearance in the hot seat of the MTA.
2) Most certainly was the editing.
3) Yeah, that was hilarious. Thanks for the heads up Arie. I let out a big sigh of relief since exactly zero people in America thought you were gonna be it. Amazing what some of these people think of themselves.
4) According to them, they’re getting married next spring.
5) Definitely someone I can see transitioning in to the Spring season of DWTS.
I don’t follow you on twitter because I don’t have a twitter, but I do “like” you on Facebook and when I went to look last night it was very entertaining to see some of the things people were saying. How does it make any sense for ABC to be paying you?? Also, to think people actually believe you spoiled it wrong on purpose to get more traffic to your site? Sure, that would work for the day after it airs, but I wouldn’t think that’s going to help you with repeat traffic. And right or wrong, you’re going to have plenty of traffic on Tuesday no matter what. People’s stupidity amazes me. I do enjoy reading the things people say though. I read someone on your facebook comment and say you’re always wrong and not to believe anything you say, yet they still go out of their way to check your page, how does that make any sense? If people hate you as much as they say they do it doesn’t make any sense for them to be following you, only to complain about you. Anyway, I was actually happy you were wrong because I really like Chris and was not a fan of Brooks. Just like every other couple, I’m sure they won’t last, but I’m secretly holding out a tiny bit of hope that they make it. Thanks for your columns, I read them every week and enjoy them!
Comment: It doesn’t make any sense for ABC to paying me. People just like a good conspiracy theory, that’s all.
You’re preaching to the choir on all your other points. They’re trolls. They have nothing better to do.
Well, I’m not too shook up about a blown spoiler this season, I’ll keep reading RS as always. With this lame ass season, a little excitement was welcome. I’m going to go conspiracy theory on you. If I was going to try to take down Reality Steve, I’d wait for a few weeks until the lead could definitely identify the favorite. Then I’d go to the lead, the favorite and another contestant and start negotiating and planning. In this case, I’d go to Brooks, tell him he’s not the guy and offer him extended time and airtime on the show, maybe a little money, and that he’s going to be part of the screw Steve team. Then, Dez and Chris just rock along and do some acting while we’re setting the hook in America. We film the fake finale with the regular crew, arrange for some leaks and let everyone think Brooks is the guy. Then I send everybody home that I can, but I’m a TV guy and remember how to film and direct and all that TV crap, and we film the real proposal with Dez and Chris and keep it secret until the last possible moment. That’s why there was very little info on what happened in Antigua, nobody knew. That’s why Chris wasn’t too broke up about the Brooks thing. NO WAY they are still together if he found out all this Brooks crap after the proposal. Honestly, I would have expected more emotion out of Drew than we got, so I think he was in on it too. My only hesitation on this is that Dez would have to have been a really, really good actress for the Brooks break-up scenes. Brooks was a terrible actor, but they had to go with it at that point. That’s why we got the Brooks going to see his mom scene, they had to shore it up a little bit knowing the break up scene wasn’t that great. But Dez was either genuinely upset, or she is very, very good, and I’m a little doubtful about that. Otherwise, I think my plan would work, and did. And don’t underestimate the Nate factor. Letting that idiot Nate tweet that Steve was wrong was about as big an eff you to Steve that they could have come up with. No way in the world that little leak wasn’t carefully planned. Thank you Huanpablo! I’m a dude and a whole season of Drew would have just made me puke. Ok, Steve, they gave you a headstart. Go get ‘em.
Comment: Quite an elaborate conspiracy theory, but as is the case in almost every season, any talks about re-shooting the ending, or telling people to act out a crying/break up scene just isn’t the case. Didn’t happen.
I’m curious of your thoughts on the Des – Brooks interaction last night?? They both looked SO nervous. Do you think he seemed relieved or disappointed she was engaged? It was all so awkward I was having trouble reading it!!
I also was wondering if maybe he really liked her but being Mormon (even a social Mormon) was one of the reasons holding him back?? And if he had wanted to say, hey I’d like to date you but I just don’t want to be engaged next week, would the show have allowed that?? I also wonder if she had ended up with nobody if he would have wanted to date her again.
I read most of your spoilers but actually enjoyed the show more last night because they were off this time – so thank you 🙂
Comment: Yet another vote for someone who enjoys the spoilers but didn’t mind me being wrong for once.
There is no contractual obligation that says you have to propose at the end. The producers basically just bully you into doing it to where you just give in and do it whether you want to or not. Go listen to Jason and Molly’s podcasts. They have no problem talking about it.
Why do you talk so much? Your column today could’ve easily been about a paragraph long, but instead you went on and on and on for 3 pages about nothing. What a bunch of hot air. You’re nothing without your spoilers and no one will ever read you again. Such a loser. Get a real job.
Comment: So let me get this straight. I’m the guy that everyone comes to for answers about this show, I’ve written a column for every episode in 24 of the 26 seasons that are usually pretty wordy, I’ve been telling people for the last 3 months Des was engaged to Brooks, the finale airs which proves the spoiler to be wrong, and you expect me to come out the next day when everyone is looking to me for answers and give them a paragraph or two? You’re kidding, right? You know how bad that’d make me look? It’d be like I was running from the fact I was wrong. I owned up to being wrong. I tried to cover all the issues involved with being wrong. I feel like I did that as well as I could. No way would I have given some half ass one or two paragraph column after what happened Monday night. That’d have been such a cop out.
First of all, it’s not a big deal at all to me that you got the spoiler wrong. It actually made it more entertaining for me, since I was constantly thinking, “Where’s Brooks? How can he still show up when Chris is already (meeting the parents, picking a ring, etc)?”
Just a few comments/ questions for you:
1) ABC’s intro to the finale episode said “You think you know what happens? You have no idea.” This would make sense if Brooks came back, but what was so exciting or unexpected about Des sending Drew home? Was that what the intro was referring to?
2) On Des & Drew’s date, Des said in her ITM something to the effect of, “I don’t feel the way I think I should feel with Drew.” Um, obviously! You just went through a big breakup with someone you had your heart set on completely. Of course anyone else is going to seem sub-par.
3) Did you catch when Chris Harrison was talking to the live audience about how much Des had fallen for Brooks and how the guys didn’t know, he said, “And what do you think will happen when Chris (long pause) or, for that matter, Drew, finds out how strong her feelings for Brooks were?” So he basically revealed the name of the winner. Whoops, you slipped up there, Chris.
4) I started to question the Brooks spoiler when Chris H. asked the audience, “Who thinks Brooks could come back tonight?” I doubt if that were going to happen that they would plant any seed in the viewer’s mind to suggest it.
5) Do you think Des was forced to stop Chris from getting down on one knee the first time? I get that she thought she had to say those things before the joy of the proposal took over, but gosh, why give the guy a heart attack and bring up an ex-boyfriend during a proposal? It kinda spoiled the beauty of the moment for me.
Thanks again for a great season. I will continue to read your blog through Juan Pablo’s season (I, for one, am glad he’s the Bachelor! Now to go find my Spanish to English dictionary…)
Comment: 1) There was nothing exciting or unexpected about that last episode with Brooks not returning. They were playing into the spoilers that were out there.
2) Which is funny because a day earlier, she gave Drew and Chris roses because she wanted them to stick around. 24 hrs later she goes on a date with Drew and immediately dumps him. I have a feeling Des is a little confused about what she wants.
3) I guess looking back on it now that could be the case. But at the time, I didn’t think much of it.
4) The more he kept asking it, the more I thought “Well they are really ruining the surprise. Why do they keep planting it in their heads if they want the audience to be surprised?” Well played by them.
5) Nothing about that final episode seemed natural to me. Final two episodes actually. It just doesn’t make sense.
I just wanted to let you know that not many people in today’s world could do what you do. To admit to being wrong to yourself, much less the whole world (aka the bachelor nation cra-cras), takes a lot of courage. If we all would just own up to our mistakes and forgive others for their mistakes, then the world would be a much better place. You admitted that you were wrong, you are closing the door on it, and moving on. You really got it all figured out Reality Steve. Yeah you might lose a few crazies, cause let’s face it most of your readers are probably female and we women are crazy. We put too much emotion into things that really don’t matter in life and then our world crashes when something doesn’t turn out the way we expected. (BTW, my favorite tweet I read last night said something like “@realitysteve is the reason why I have trust issues”…come on people!) But the facts are that 1. this season was the worst ever and 2. you being wrong made it a lot more interesting.
Stand tall for what you have done and keep doing the right thing. Karma is a bitch and Mike Fleiss and his followers will get theirs one day. Thank you for making this girl from Alabama’s Tuesdays more enjoyable.
Comment: All I could do on Tuesday was do what I did. Anything less would’ve seemed insincere. What was I gonna do? Not write a column? Lie? The second the spoiler was wrong, I knew what I had to do. Not to mention, I do four radio interviews on Tuesday and ate crow in all of them. I’ve got no problem admitting when I’m wrong. I’ve done it quite a few times on the site throughout the last 10 years.
Just wanted to thank you for the spoilers.
I watch the bachelor, bachelorette, and bachelor pad every season. I have read your spoilers most seasons. I like to read them, and then watch the show and read them again to see how many details you got right. I knew about your past errors and your last several successful spoilering. I thought you were right this time clear up until she said yes.
Watching the show and reading your spoilers is just entertaining. I don’t have to think too much. No one dies. Sometimes I laugh, Sometimes I cry.
The big question I have is Why do you write spoilers? I hope the hateful few who are mad you got it wrong don’t drive you away. The spoilers have become part of watching the show. I would miss them if you stopped.
So thanks again. Right or Wrong I enjoy the spoilers. Those that are mad at you need to get a life and stop watching the show if they can’t put it all in perspective.
Comment: Why? Because I have them. And I’d be an idiot not to use them considering the audience it attracts. They are an added bonus to the column I’ve been writing for the last 10 years. Anyone else in my shoes who had the information I’ve been given over the years would be a complete idiot not to capitalize on it. I have information that A LOT of people want to know about, so I give it to them.
Not even going to bother touching on spoilers from last night. So you were wrong? What gives…I’m not right in what I say 100% of the time either.
Anyway, being that I too am a numbers person…does Juan Pablo count as a 4 letter name (Juan) or do we have to include all Juan Paaaaahblo has to offer? I know you wanted Drew for statistical reasons, but I’m thinking we can still make this work 🙂
Comment: Ha ha awesome. Someone remembered my fascination with 8 of the 17 previous bachelors having 4 letter names. And so I can satisfy my obsession with numbers, yes, I will count Juan Pablo as a four letter first name so we can have an even 50% of the bachelors now who have had that. This is not debatable. Let me have my even split.
I hate spoilers but love reading your blog. Since I can’t have one without the other, your blog wins out. So, I’m happy you got it wrong, because from now on, though you’ll probably be right, there will be just enough doubt that the season won’t be totally spoiled. Thanks for being wrong every now and again 😉
You said that you might be able to tell us after the finale how you knew it was Brooks but you didn’t know what went down in Antigua. Is there anyway you can still tell us that now? I totally understand if you can’t.
Two peeps from wetpaint were on Jason and Molly’s podcast the other day. They said that they knew for sure that there were two proposals. I know you don’t know for sure and you aren’t into these big conspiracy theories but do you think they could have filmed a Brooks proposal just to throw you and others off?
I know you’re just a ‘Texas blogger,’ but I really think you have more pull than you’re allowing yourself to believe.
Comment: Answer 1: Since the spoiler was wrong, it’s irrelevant now.
Answer 2: WetPaint reported the other day that Drew actually got a ring but it was never shown. They were wrong about the two proposals, as was I.
I don’t know if “pull” is the right word. I understand I’m public enemy #1 to them as evidenced by two lawsuits filed against me. I mean, you don’t sue people who don’t matter. I just don’t think my “pull” is as big as some think.
I hope the house that you’re moving into burns to the ground. You’re a sorry excuse for a writer and no one’s gonna ever pay attention to anything you say anymore. I laughed so hard when it was Chris my sides hurt.
There isn’t a single person who will believe anything you say anymore especially when you can never get anything right. F**k off loser.
Comment: Please, tell me how you really feel. My house burns down? Really?
I’m guessing people will still believe spoilers in the future. Just a hunch.
Putting yourself on the line takes a lot of will. The only caveat is saying “I’m 100% sure.” That’s a line that has a lot riding on it that one doesn’t get to use many times in a career. But I’m sure the information was significant.
Regardless, the fine line between making a guess and saying something with conviction is a world apart so props to you for the hard work.
Comment: I guess, but what am I supposed to say? “Eh, I don’t know. Not really sure on this one. Could be…maybe…sort of…here’s your spoiler for the season.” Of course I’m 100% sure every season. I said the same things on the seasons I was right and no one said anything. The second I hem and haw about being iffy on a spoiler is when people won’t believe it.
I will specifically say if something is rumored, or I’m not sure of, or if I’m still working on details. If I don’t, then it’s something that happened.
I am sooo excited about Juan Pablo being the next bachelor. I’m Colombian and 24 yrs old! Is it too late to audition for his season? I think i have what it takes to be on “The Bachelor”!
Comment: I believe so, despite what producers tweeted yesterday about getting your applications in.
Hey Reality Steve,
First, I feel almost obligated to say that the Bachelor/ette “crazies” as you call them are completely out of line – as is to be expected. It doesn’t at all concern me that one event out of however many (large number) total seasons you’ve spoiled turned out incorrect at all. I think people complaining about it are just craving attention. So with that said, I’m actually more satisfied with this ending than I would be with a Brooks proposal (though that is not to say that it in any way impacts my life, as it appears to do so for a lot of these fans).
Anyway, onto a few things I’d like to get your take on:
1. An obscure moment I noticed last night when Chris Harrison was engaging the fans (which, to me, is a way to fill up the 2-hour finale when there isn’t enough footage, but who knows?) was the discussion where a women said something to the effect of, “The reason Brooks received bad advice is because he went to two women, and not a man.” There didn’t seem to be any sort of outrage at this remark at all, and obviously because the show was live, there wasn’t a way to edit it out. Are you surprised at how nonchalantly this comment was taken?
2. I’m not sure if anyone has ever touched upon this, so I thought I’d ask it: Is there any hope of you restarting your live video blogs? I found them extremely entertaining, especially when the show was still airing (though the offseason blogs were fascinating, too!)
3. Though I recalled your reasoning that – given the fact that the Bachelor was to be announced at the ATFR, it would be nearly impossible for Drew/Chris/Brooks/whoever was rejected to be given the role – I was almost convinced during Drew’s appearance that the role was going to be his. And why? Well, Chris Harrison began asking him how he felt in the present moment, and upon the (alleged) affirmation that he was no longer in love, said “I have a feeling you’re going to be fine,” which I thought he would follow with “because Drew is going to be our next Bachelor!” But I guess I was wrong. Am I completely crazing in even suggesting this, or do you think there was any hint in the way he was speaking? I tend to think a large portion of the audience was composed of Drew fans.
4. Did you notice a moment in Des’s initial discussion with Chris Harrison that seemed almost deliberately fake? That is, she was smiling, said everything was fine, and then on Chris’s queue of “No, you’re not,” she began crying. I just couldn’t buy into it, and felt there was more to it.
Thanks so much for your insights and the spoilers, and please know (and I think I speak for a large majority of your readers in saying this) that one mistake out of 8 or however many seasons will not keep us from reading. Looking forward to your spoilers for next season for sure.
Comment: 1) I didn’t even hear it, so that shows how much I was paying attention.
2) I’ll be back with the video blogs next season. Won’t be every Thursday, but I’ll definitely bring them back.
3) It never could’ve been Drew, Chris, or Brooks for the sole reason they were in that final episode. Would’ve been completely unrealistic to have Drew and Brooks talk about the breakup then turn right around and be announced as the Bachelor.
4) Desiree cried a lot the last episode. And an ugly cry at that. I have a hard time believing anything that happened the last two episodes, so yeah, just throw that onto the pile.