Just a note of congratulations on “getting it right” (as you have almost always). I hope that all the people that were ugly to you last year will send a note of apology! Just a crazy thought.
Comment: Ha ha, well that’s not gonna happen. When you’re in the position that I’m in, which I choose to put myself in every season, there are always people out there that are going to want to see you fail. Comes with the job. They’re the first ones to scream from the mountaintops when I get something wrong, and they’re never to be heard from when I pitch a perfect season of spoilers. Just lonely people with nothing better to do. I blame their parents.
Long time reader, first time writer, love your site – blah blah blah you’ve heard it all.
I am sure your mailbox is overflowing after that ATFR episode tonight. I think my husband got tired of me asking “what??” during the whole episode. I mean could anyone follow anything Juan Pablo said? I am a registered nurse in an ICU. My coworkers and I literally hold people’s lives in our hands. So I like to think I am a pretty smart person. And even in a room with no distractions, and after having followed the whole season and followed all the spoilers, I couldn’t understand a thing Juan Pablo was saying. None of it made sense. He talked in circles, made random winks at the other girls from the show, and basically dissed ABC. Literally all I can say after that disaster is whaaaat? But really. Why am I surprised it went that way. Kudos to Clare for standing up for herself. I know she annoyed some people, but I think she handled it great. I’m glad for her sake that he didn’t pick her.
Also, being a nurse, I have no idea how Nikki just up and left her job for 3 months. The RN economy is not what it used to be, it’s much harder to find good jobs right now. And no way would my job have held an open spot for me while I went away to film that show. I guess maybe she’s hoping to become famous and leave that profession. I would have a hard time taking her seriously now if she was ever my nurse or my child’s nurse. Anyway, on to my questions.
1. You may have answered this before – What does Jaun Pablo (or anyone who doesn’t propose), do with the Neil Lane ring? Do they just get to keep it, do they give it back? When couples break up after a proposal, who gets to keep it? It’s been answered plenty before. But I’ll do it again. If they don’t propose, Neil Lane gets the ring back. If they propose and break up within 2 years, they have to give the ring back.
2. What was the info that Juan Pablo said he found out from producers 2 weeks ago that “changed things”? Or can you say? In Tuesday’s column.
3. After he and Nikki dissed ABC, do you think they will throw him under the bus in the future? I know Chris kinda already did with some of his blogs, but if I were ABC, and I had spent all that time and money on him, and then he acted like that, I think I would throw him under the bus any chance I got. What a terrible season. But I guess they got what they wanted – viewers. Will he be invited to future Bachelor/Bachelorette functions? I don’t think he’ll be invited, and I doubt he’d even want to go.
4. Do you think anything will be done differently next season because of all the Juan Pablo drama/issues/ATFR weirdness? Probably not cast someone who speaks English as a second language.
5. Are he and Nikki currently living together? No.
6. Why did Chris mention a “surprise” and Juan Pablo acted like he knew nothing about it? Was Chris referring to the proposal? Yes. Juan Pablo told them he had a surprise (which was a proposal), but he never had any intention of doing it. It was just to f**k with them, but they had to promote it in case he did.
Hey reality Steve!
I need to start by saying, you are pretty awesome. I discovered this site during Emily’s season and have visited on a regular basis since. Thank you for making my lunch breaks interesting. I avoided this show like the plague until Ben’s season, but somehow got sucked in. I definitely never looked at it as a real life fairytale, like they try to portray it, but it is still fun to at least hope the lead will have SOMEWHAT of a connection with somebody. I love how you always insisted that this was false and that Juan Pablo showed that he was only in it for the publicity/travel/money, etc. Well this season more than any other felt like a parody of the whole process, as none of the parties involved could do anything but prove you right. Episode after episode contained glorious reminders that this show is a farce. There were so many amazing aspects to tonight’s finale I can’t even count, but my favorite was when Chris said “I think you have a surprise for us” (ie the monetary rewarded proposal you mentioned)…. And Juan Pablo was like “nope! My relationship is private and its mine (and its over in 2 weeks) so back off!”
I never doubted your spoiler but it sure was fun watching it all play out, making a mockery of everyone and anyone who took this stuff seriously (Including sean, who I have always loved til now… Really bro? You are going to call a guy out for not finding love on a TV game show w/in 2 months?! You are the EXCEPTION). They basically did everything but stand up and shout “this is all a farce!”
It was delightful.
Thank you Steve for making this a much more interesting experience, and I can’t wait til Andi’s season! Spoil on.
Comment: Thanks. I’m only as good as my last season. I hope to deliver every spoiler for Andi’s season as well. So far, so good.
It should be no secret how you “predict” outcomes, your predictions are always after the fact, you have an insider telling you what goes on, perhaps Chris Harrison himself or another high up.
No one can be even 95% right all the time let alone closer to 100%.
So why not on your show admit the truth?
I told my wife after the 3rd show he would not ask either to marry him.
And watching the show tonight proves it but worst Juan Pablo is the biggest conceited jerk there is and not real, HONESTY, his famous word.
A crock of horse manure.
Comment: Ahhhhh, he’s back. The guy that can predict the ending of this show THREE episodes in. Wow. That’s impressive.
Here’s what I hope went down.
Let’s say around final 10, Nikki and Andi are already on their way to being besties, they know that JuannyP is a douche toque and they aren’t interested in him.
They play a game of Rock Paper Scissors to decide which one gets to go for the covetted Bachelorette spot.
Nikki lost so she has to ride out this whole relationship thing and fake it etc etc etc. Come up with a story to sell the tabloids when they break up. Well a story that is different than he is an idiot (b/c that has already been used). And hopes to pull an Jen Schefft/Emily Maynard “even though I was chosen this just didn’t work b/c well he’s Juan” and I need my love story of redemption.
Andi who won just has to find a dramatic (can’t believe I just used that word) way to make her audition sorry exit from the show before final 2.
Also can we talk about how Brooks was sitting pretty much right next to Chris and Desiree… Looks like he might be a Bachelor Pad contestant.
Who was the third single guy there? Couldn’t quite pick him out.
Thanks for a great season, looking forward to the glory of Hy Dorfman.
Comment: Michael Garofola was the third guy in that back row along with Brooks and Arie. I have no idea what the point of bringing half those people there were when only Kelly, Sharleen, Sean and Catherine got to speak.
Just wanted to add my congratulations to the masses you undoubtedly are getting. I think it’s doubly impressive that not only did you spoil the result, but you did it last year and right after filming had ended. Amazing. In addition, I know I really appreciated the little tidbits of background info contained in the recaps every week. I personally think they helped my girlfriends and I watch this godawful show. (We have lots of wine, that helps too)
Case in point: when Chris was interrogating JP at the AFTR about he and Nikki’s plans for the future, we all started yelling drunkenly at the TV: “Go to the audience!!!” “Someone ask her if she’s moving in with JP…..and Cameela…and…his parents…and Carla!!!” For the love of god, somebody ASK!!!!!”
You see? All of the deluded women who don’t read your column didn’t have that good laugh at Juanny’s expense like we did—so thanks for that.
Anyway, keep up the great work and have a good and fruitful “offseason”
PS: I should also note that there was a collective “EWWWWWW” tonight when we spotted Arie and Brooks on stage circling the girls during the credits– like wolves on sheep. Creepy.
Comment: Yeah, that live show would be great if one of the audience members dropped an, “Well of course I know what’s going to happen. I read Reality Steve 4 months ago.” If someone ever does that, I will find out their name and address and send them a thank you card. Lets do this America. Find your way onto the live ATFR and get my name out there. I wanna see the producers and execs squirm.
Steve, congratulations on another 100% season.
Clare is my hero. She slammed dunked that phony. I confess to being with many who thought that she would have the all-time bachelor meltdown, but she showed dignity, class and instead of a meltdown gave that Juan P the juan-two punch in her swift departure and putdown as she left the rejection podium. Then again refusing to meet with JP at the ATFR – Clare for President!
Who thought Nee-ki would be the victim. She defended JP and during the ATFR said it was ok not to say ‘I love you’ yet – when she just was shown saying it multiple times in the final show. I give them 2 weeks.
I love how JP denied telling the producers that he would have a big surprise at the ATFR show – I guess he did not take the bribe to propose ???
So the Bachelor has a new ratings tactic? Set up some brainless hunk and when it goes south Chris gets to work him over. I like the Chris Harrison tough guy.
Comment: After this season, which has basically been panned by every media outlet, it proves that I think people would actually rather watch a season be a trainwreck than get a love story. The ratings prove that out.
I’ve watched almost every season, follow along on your blog and keep up with show happenings on Twitter. Usually, it seems that the women who go home and but specifically the final two and the Bachelor stay away from the spotlight until everything has been aired. Which brings me to my question/observation: Juan Pablo has been hanging around NASCAR every week since the race season started (about one month ago) and he’s not keeping it a secret at all. He’s latched on to a team and is in their pit box, Instagramming his experiences, taking pictures with fans, etc. My question is a two-parter.
1) Is it in their contract they aren’t supposed to do things like this or just suggested? He’s allowed to go out and have a life when he gets back from filming, just like everyone is. You just aren’t supposed to give anything away. But honestly, they’ve become more lenient on that in recent seasons.
2) With most other seasons, we don’t see the Bachelor and their new love but hear of secret excursions after the fact and since he’s definitely not going anywhere in secret, is it safe to say he probably knows more about NASCAR now than he does the person he’s “supposed” to marry? Juan Pablo and Nikki met up plenty of times over the four months since filming ended. I even knew the dates on some of them. I’m sure he knows more about Nikki than NASCAR.
Ok, so JP didn’t propose, nor did he ‘take the bribe’ and propose at ATFR (lol, didn’t Chris seem surprised??)
At the final rose ceremony, he said that he had a ring in his pocket but wasn’t going to give it to her. My question is: how long does the show/Neil Lane give him to actually propose (AND use the show’s ring)? I can’t imagine that it’s an unlimited amount of time.
Thanks for maintaining your site. You nailed each and every spoiler and it’s been a fun ride with you.
Comment: Not sure about this particular season since we haven’t seen a non proposal at the end since Brad 1.0.
I have a few questions I hope you could help me with.
1) Since JP never proposed does he have to give the ring back? Yeah. We are slowly getting to a point where “what happens to the ring” is venturing into “why is the driveway wet” category.
2) I’ve read that JP said to Clare, “I don’t know you well, but love f*cking you”. Is that true? I know Clare wouldn’t say what he said that was sexual, but I read on gossip cop that was what was said. Yes. She essentially said it on the show. Twice.
3) When they talked about JP having a big surprise do you think JP was maybe going to propose or tell Niki he loved her, but then changed his mind? Was there even a surprise? Did I hear right that he said the surprise was that they can live their lives together now as a public couple? Answered in Tuesday’s column.
Worst Bachelor ever, but high ratings. So, will ABC continue to try to lure in the hate-watchers and choose rude full-on misogynists from here on out? Juan Pablo slut-shamed Andi for banging him in a cabana, not mention what he said to Clare. He is a controversial dude and that brings ratings. Or will they return to form and try to choose a new ‘Bachelor’ who actually likes women?
Comment: I’m sure they’ll just stay away from the dudes who’ve never watched the show and speak English as a second language from now on.
Hey Steve in your Academy speech you forgot to thank Maddie. Lol.
Comment: That’s true. I did. Thank you Maddie. This Saturday is the 6 year anniversary of me adopting her from the Humane Society. Best purchase I ever made.
Since this season’s recaps sometimes had a baseball theme to them, a comment and question in this vein.
Comment: Not keeping score or anything, but I believe you batted a thousand in this seasons spoilers. The Astros had a better year than Fleiss and Co. did for JP’s season.
Question: To give you a break from all the Bachelor nonsense, with spring training in full swing any early predictions for the World Series this year?
Comment: Man, speaking of baseball, I need to start digging into my stats as my fantasy draft is coming up and I’ve basically done nothing up to this point. Thanks for reminding me.
I think the Nationals bounce back this year and make the playoffs. The Dodgers, if healthy, have the best roster in the National League. The Cardinals will always be right there. I think the Red Sox will take a small step back and I doubt they’ll repeat. The A’s have the best pitching in the American League, but the Tigers might have the best lineup. I’ll go with a Dodgers/Tigers World Series and the Dodgers finally win a World Series for the first time since 1988.
Congrats on spoiling another season!!!
1. Im laughing so hard that the same people that were excited about the sexy latin bachelor, now hate him. Like where were they before? They should’ve listened to me.
2. Is Juan Pablo an ass? yes. But I find it weird that people, especially former contestants in the franchise, are calling him an ass for not proposing. Who proposes after barely knowing anybody? And the fact that he didn’t take the money that the producers were offering him to propose takes integrity you have to admit plus the way he pretty much made Chris look like an idiot after he said there’s no surprise on live tv…priceless. He’s certainty an ass for the choices he makes, the way he treats women and just basically he’s an ass for existing, but not for not proposing. plus you warned everybody that this season would suck before it even began taping. Are people specifically saying he’s an ass for not proposing? And are you sure those people are from the franchise? I haven’t seen that. I think it’s more about how he acted at the ATFR.
3. Who do you think the bachelor franchise hates more right now, you or JP? Definitely JP. They publicly hate me, but privately love what I do. It only brings more attention to their show.
4. Do you actually think Nikki likes/loves JP. I was under the impression that she has no interest in him. The producers probably promised her she would be the bachelorette after andi (kinda like Emily) if she pretended she loved him to set up a good back story for her season. The producers have no interest in her being the bachelorette but just told her that. I think she does. Somehow she’s been brainwashed and doesn’t see what everyone else does. She will eventually. If not, she’s gonna be stuck in a pretty miserable relationship. She’s that girl right now who’s dating a guy who none of her friends like and they warn her, but she doesn’t want to listen. It happens. We’ve all been there.
5. Why is spoiling the bachelorette usually more difficult for you than the bachelor. You got most of Des’s season but missed the ending. I remember for Emily’s season you had the bottom three but didn’t know the order of elimination until later on. It seems like the bachelor is easier for you. Much quicker turnaround time for Bachelorette. Andi’s season will end filming first week of May roughly and her first episode is May 19th. Juan Pablo was done filming November 13th and the first episode wasn’t til Jan. 6th. So yeah, sometimes it takes me a little longer to get the Bachelorette stuff, but since the show starts so soon after filming ends, it really isn’t that long when you think about it.
6. From the 9 guys you spoiled so far, it seams like its gonna be a great season. Finally a black guy. At least some diversity. Oh there’s always usually at least one black guy. Des had one too.
7. Did the producers hate Brad Womack this much? No.
8. What do you think of Jason Briggs tweets about the bachelor. Gotta have a certain sense of humor to like them. Definitely not for everybody, but I think they’re funny.
9. Last night I realized that they bring the audience’s over dramatic faces for people like my mother. You’d be amazed by how many middle aged women buy into those faces.I’m sure they do.
10. Lastly, do you watch Bates Motel? If your a fan of Psycho I think you would love it. Its a great show. Never seen it.