LOL at your recap about the guys not giving titty twisters over their new location, finally a normal reaction!
Is there any way of knowing what Nick wrote in the letter he sent to Andi? I tried to pause the tv to see if I could make any of it out but the handwriting was too illegible. I’m sure if you paused it at the right time you could. I wouldn’t waste your time though. It’s really irrelevant.
I was surprised to see that you didn’t mention anything about how awkward it was to watch Josh makeout with Andi in your recap, when they were at the cocktail party. He looked like he couldn’t contain himself and was about to rip off her clothes, making all those aggressive noises. I forgot. He definitely started attacking her lips like he was attacking a plate of food. It was kinda weird.
Dear reality Steve,
Your niece and nephew were adorable!!! I loved that you let them come on the podcast (although I missed your dog!) I didn’t mind the gum smacking. He’s a little boy! No big deal! I’ll have to start thinking of good questions for them for July. Does your sister watch the show? Who is her favorite guy this season?
Keep up the great work!
Comment: My sister never watches the show and wouldn’t know a thing that I’m talking about in my column.
I was looking at photos of Josh Murray and came across one of him with his mom. His mom looks eerily like Andi. Kinda weird.. Just saying. Did you notice this?
Comment: I think Josh and Andi could pass as brother and sister for sure. Andi fits right into that family, no doubt. Does she look like the mom? Eh, I can kinda see it.
I so wished they had picked Claire Crawley because she is sweet and has some life.
This Annie, Bachorlette, I just can’t watch anymore. She is so boring and stiff all
Time. Can they pick a good one next time. I am not sure.
I used to watch without fail but done. Maybe I will watch the last episode
I will always read your column. Any updates on Jerk face, Juan Pablo.
So sorry for Nickie but she is young.
Comment: So you don’t like Annie as the lead this season, huh? Yeah. It sucks for her. What’d you think about how Annie talked to Eric in that last episode? Annie kinda overreacted, didn’t she? Oh well.
Quick question…sorry if you’ve already addressed this.
I haven’t noticed any single dads on this season! Do you think Andi requested there not to be, or just no good candidates this season?
Comment: She might’ve requested that, but I’m not sure. Or maybe after the Juan Pablo train wreck, they wanted to take a season off of single dads.
Is it just me or does Andi have an eye that’s smaller? Almost like a lazy eye? Also, I don’t know which season is more unbearable to watch: Des’ or Andi’s.
Who would you take? Andi or Des?
Comment: I haven’t noticed her eyes. I think Andi is definitely more engaging with the guys when she talks to them. With that said, on a personal level, I’d take Des over her.
Do you know if Eric was Andi’s first kiss on the show? They don’t ever show them kissing. Being the first 1-on-1, I would image they kiss at the end of their date if not through out the day. Do they not show their forced affection out of respects to Eric and his family? Or did he genuinely not like her that much and didn’t make any moves on her?
Comment: I don’t know if they kissed, but if I had to guess I’d say they didn’t.
Molly Mesnick said on her podcast bachelor in Paradise was going to be a cross of paradise hotel & temptation island. Those were two of my favorite shows Fox had that I actually watched the repeats a few years ago. However I’m sure the bachelor franchise will script it and ruin it somehow. Did you see either of those shows? If so then you will understand better why people will be coming in new throughout the show as others are voted off.
Comment: “Temptation Island” was awesome. Never watched “Paradise Hotel.” But given the release of only 13 cast members yesterday, and knowing that at least 10 more people are currently out there in Mexico, I can see where that’s a possibility.
Just wondering why they never eat on the dates. There is always food, but no one touches it, even tho they do drink. On Brad’s season when he was letting Ashley go, she kept stuffing her face with food, and that is the last time anyone ate. Is that the reason?
Love your spoilers, but have to be very careful around my daughter who does NOT want to know anything until it happens….one slip of the tongue and I am toast!!
Comment: It’s because people don’t want to see people talking with food in their mouth. I’m sure it’s eaten at some point, but just never shown. Who wants to see someone chewing on TV?
Am I missing something? Why did the team with the Former Pro Basketball player suck so bad? He should be embarrassed.
Comment: Josh was a former baseball player, not basketball.
This is a really random question, but I was listening to a Bachelorette after show podcast and Graham Bunn (from Deanna Pappas’ season) was on it. He made some sarcastic comments about Jesse Csinczak. I mean, I really try to keep up with all this drama (don’t ask me why!), but I guess I never knew the 2 of them had an issue with one another. Could you enlighten me, please?
Comment: I don’t know what beef Graham specifically has with Jesse, but I know Jesse is not well liked in the “Bachelor” circles, so that doesn’t surprise me.
I am just curious about the timing of everything. So these are just my assumptions from past things you have said and the show’s shooting schedule, correct me if I am wrong.
So Andi gets on a plane and goes to film JP’s season last year from mid-Sept to mid November-ish right? And then once she eliminated herself she goes home and back to her life as usual. At what point does the show approach her and say ‘We want you to be the bachelorette’? I’m sure it was brought up to her in St. Lucia and/or it was in the back of her head. We all know that every “Bachelorette” ever cast has finished in the top 4 of their season, so of course she knew she was a candidate.
And then she obviously filmed from March through May of this year, and while the show is airing she is back to her normal life, her job, and the safe house visits, correct? Yes. Although she’s not going back to her job in the immediate future.
I’m just curious about the timing of all of this and what happens when the cameras stop rolling. Do most of the people (like NIck, for instance) just go back to their own lives and their jobs and whatever, save the attention whores who try to make something of themselves in the spotlight? Yep. Some move to LA because they think being on this show means they can land another TV gig. But for the most part, they just return home and go back to work.
Can contestants go home and date people or are they told not to? Does it make a difference if they only lasted a couple episodes versus like the final four? They can’t prevent you from living your life. However, if you are to go out on dates, it’s strongly encouraged you don’t publicize it on social media. If you’re gone in the first couple episodes, yeah they don’t want you to do it, but ultimately they don’t care because you’re not important to their storyline. Final 4? Yeah, if you don’t win and you wanna go home and go out with someone, you have to be pretty discreet about it.
And I know a lot of the final couples one or both end up moving. Could a final one end up moving to the lead’s town or vice versa while the show is airing if they keep things quiet until their finale? I’ve always wondered why more people didn’t try that unless they were absolutely forbidden. Could they? Sure. But I’m pretty sure they’re told to wait until the ATFR airs. I mean, Roberto and Ali had already gotten a place together in San Diego, and Des moved to Portland like a week after her ATFR aired. So obviously arrangements were being made while the show was still airing.
Hi Reality Steve,
I Just have to say that I really Love your constant sarcasm about being an Iowa Farmer when talking about Chris! I’m from Green Bay Wisconsin, and three years ago I fell for an Iowa Farmer myself. Since after a long three years I ended that relationship, I find it pretty comical when you say things like:
“But hey, we are talking about Chris here so any building with running water, taller than a tractor, and where you don’t have to kill your own dinner is probably 5 star to him.”
And when talking about Chris’s former engagement:
” Then again, maybe she didn’t want to be with you either because she didn’t want to feed pigs all day. There’s always that.”
If you are going to find me talking about my EX, its usually along the lines of that quoted above (Iowans think Iowa is the greatest place on earth).
All I can say is if Chris is the next Bachelor, girls need to realize what they are signing up for. Farmers, particularly in Iowa, only care about where they can make their next dollar. Sun up to sun down its farming, and that’s the way of life. Its rare to change that set and stone way of thinking in someone too. But I can say it would make for a comical season of city girls trying to impress a farm boy!!
Since you say “The Bachelor” title is Chris’s to lose, if he doesn’t want it, who else do you think would have a legitimate chance to be the next male lead for the franchise?
PS: hopefully not Marcus because that has boring written all over it!
Comment: Thanks for the info. Hope all future contestants on next season’s “Bachelor” know what they’d possibly be getting into.
Please tell me you caught them “mute” out Andi saying “Stahhhp” for the second time in a row after Brian made the half-court shot? They showed her full reaction, and she even said it once, but you could totally read her lips that she had said it again. They totally cut out her audio.
I’m going to keep looking for them to do this for the rest of the season, because if we notice she says “Staaahhhppp” too much, then so do the producers. Looks like they are trying to put a “Staaaaahhhhppp” to us hearing her use this phrase 😉
Comment: Jimmy Kimmel sure caught it. Or just used a voice over.
1. I know you’ve said the producers sort of provoke the people on the show to say certain things or to talk about certain things, but do you think it was the case with Dylan? It’s like he just COULD NOT wait to tell her his sad life story. Don’t get me wrong, it’s really sad, but it’s not really first date material or something she MUST know right away. And, provoked or not, wouldn’t he rather NOT talk about that on national television? Then again, he did go on Bachelor in Paradise right after, so maybe he isn’t that sad afterall.
Same thing with AshLee Frazier and Tenley and all others on the past seasons. They have these crazy conversations about their past marriages and deaths and what not STRAIGHT AWAY. Is it really all just the producers making the contestants talk about it? It’s definitely sad, but I think he knew from the second he signed on the show that he would eventually have to talk about it. These people all know what they’re getting into at this point, and if they don’t, unfortunately it’s their own fault.
P.S. I feel like Andi gave Dylan the rose out of pure guilt. She had to after all that.
2. Do you agree it’s extremely clear who Andi likes this season? She’s just going crazy over the ones she likes and they have all (except Josh) gotten 1-on-1 dates already. I feel like in other seasons the lead went on a couple of random 1-on-1s before narrowing it down to their favorite bunch. I’d say Eric and JJ have been Andi’s random 1-on-1’s so far.
3. I personally think what Eric said was completely spot on. And he wasn’t trying to bitch, I think, he was just trying to say – hey, it’s just us now, you can relax and not be perfect or what not. I agree.
Just wanted to throw in a suggestion for the next Bachelor. How about Marquel? It’s about time they change things up, and he would be the perfect candidate…he’s good looking, funny and likable. Of all the guys on the show now, he would be my pick, and I’m a white woman. He’s wasted on this season…there is no way Andi would pick him.
Just a thought. Big fan by the way.
Comment: Marquel is not going to be the next “Bachelor.” But you will see him on “Bachelor in Paradise,” so you’ll get your fix in a couple months.
Everyone is talking about how Dylan brought up his brothers death to Andi on the train but then shut down and couldnt share the rest of his story. I saw it a different way. I think he mentioned his brothers death trying to share his story. I was surprised Andi didnt say something like “oh no what happened to your brother”. She just sat there and stared at him. She should have asked him about it and then he could have told the story. Im surprised no one else saw it that way. I thought it was kind of rude of her not to ask.
Comment: I thought she did ask him about it on the train? Did I not remember that correctly? I thought she said something like, “Is it something you wanna talk about?” Or was that in the deleted scene from episode 2? Hell, I can’t remember.
I have a couple of questions.
1. Do the producers have a say on who gets roses? It’s not their decision ultimately, but they do have a lot of influence and will nudge them in certain directions.
2. After seeing Josh on the show, are you still more certain of them making it than other couples? So far, all I see is a physical connection between them. Also, Josh does seem to have a little bit of a temper. I don’t believe any couple from this show until they walk down the aisle. Until then, it means nothing. I think them living less than 10 minutes from each other absolutely helps them in reaching that goal, but it’s far from a certainty.
As a 25-year flight attendant for the proverbial major airline, I just wanted to thank you for expressing your opinion about your flight delay. I wish more passengers were able to put mechanical delays in the same perspective.If I ever have you on one of my flights, the drinks are on me. No need to reply.
Comment: Thanks. Airline please? I could use some free drinks on the plane. Flight attendant is a pretty thankless job. If the flight goes well, how many people take time out to thank them? And if it doesn’t, the passengers complain to you. So you’re welcome. I travel 10-12 times a year probably and rarely have I had any travel problems (knock on wood). But the amount of bitching and moaning I’ve seen and heard around me is mind boggling.
Happy birthday old fellow.
1. Do you know if Andi returned to her job as assistant DA?? I know they basically gave her an ultimatum to return to work last week.
Do they not watch the show at the Fulton County DA’s office? Do they not know that if you become a lead it changes your life and no way she would want to be a lowly assistant DA again? It is like she knew from the beginning no way she comes back but led them along to think she would. In the short term, she is not going back to her job. I can’t speak for her previous employer, but this shouldn’t be a surprise to them.
2. Now that you are 39 and living out the last years of your 30’s, is your life where you thought it would be by the time you turn 40? What things did you set out to accomplish for yourself by age 40? Wow. Deep. Absolutely I thought I’d be writing about a reality TV show for a living back when I was starting my radio career…ha ha. From the time I was in college, all I ever wanted to do was have my own sports talk show. Once I was in it for a while, I realized it’s not what I wanted to make out of my career. It then changed to writing. Somehow I wanted to write for someone or something. I didn’t know what, but I knew I wanted to write. I definitely didn’t think it’d be my own blog, but it’s where I’m at now.
3. Do you think Andi slept with the guys on the overnight dates? Yes, yes I know you weren’t in the bedroom with them and I know she isn’t spilling the beans on what went down……but what is your guess on if she slept with them? My guess is she slept with more than one.
4. Do you think the producers encourage sex in the fantasy suites to keep the drama going? Look at someone like Ben F. You really think he would have gotten down on one knee and proposed to Ashley H. if she didn’t spread her legs for him? You really think Claire would have reacted so nutty if Juan Pablo didn’t bang her? Why would they need to encourage it. I’m sure after being isolated for 6 weeks and only one other person around to hook up with and basically having to keep it at first base, I’m sure it doesn’t take much convincing for people to want to have sex when they finally get a chance in the fantasy suite.
5. Speaking of the above……..Josh Murray…….why would any respectable guy ask a girl to marry him knowing she just gave it up for 2 other guys in a fantasy suite just days before his proposal? Steve, from a guy’s perspective…..what kind of guy would be like, “hey I know you rolled in the sack with two other guys who are now my buddies on this show….just a few days ago…..but will your marry me?” Because the proposal at the end of this show doesn’t mean anything. You’re just doing it because the show expects and encourages it, not because you absolutely 100% know this is the person you want to marry. At that point is when the relationship starts. If every person were being truly honest, none of them would’ve proposed at the end. It makes no sense.
6. Do you think Hy Dorfman is trying to get some type of fame out of this show too and will be riding on Andi’s coat tails and trying to stretch out his 15 minutes also once this show is done? What fame exactly would Hy be riding off this?
7. Is your sister really into watching the Bachelor / Bachelorette or does she not really care? Doesn’t watch. Doesn’t care.
8. Do Sean and Catherine work, like real jobs? They seem to always be traveling all over the place and eating and at a beach but never actually working. Do each of them have 8-5 jobs where they report to an office every day? No. Catherine looks like she’s starting up a stationary business and I don’t know what Sean is doing now.