The Bachelorette 10 - Andi

The “Bachelorette” Andi Episode 6 Recap Including Ratings, Deleted Scenes, & Charity Event This Weekend

-Cocktail party time. A very important night where guys make one last ditch effort to get Andi to notice them. Do you realize the night of this rose ceremony was April 8th? Filming started March 13th. Episode 6 and they’re only 25 days into filming, yet some of these lug nuts are professing their love to her? Unreal. They’ve barely known her three weeks. It’s always funny to me that to go from 25 people down to the final four, takes around one month of filming. But to go from final four down to the final one takes three weeks (first hometown was April 16th. Filming ended May 9th). With that said, Nick (who already has a rose), is the first to steal Andi away when she shows up at the cocktail party. Oh boy. This is sure to put some guys’ panties in a bunch. In fact, Chris called it a “jackass move.” Andi didn’t seem to mind whatsoever since essentially the second they turned the corner, Nick was tonguing her down like he hadn’t seen her in a month. Andi: “He missed it, he wanted it, come get it.” Might’ve had something to do with the tremendous amount of side boob she was rocking in that rose ceremony dress.

-So when he gets back to the group, he can tell the guys are burning daggers through him, so he addresses the elephant in the room. “I’m not thinking about fairness or anything like that, I’m thinking about my relationship with Andi.” Which is all fine and dandy to think about, but just know if you already have a rose, and you’re the first person to grab her at a cocktail party, you will be disliked because of it. Whether or not he did it on his own or it was producer driven to further the “Nick is the disliked guy in the house” storyline, it doesn’t matter. Knowing what I know, including the plane video, I tend to think Nick was completely naïve to this whole process, was not very familiar with the show at all, and just did things that he thought to be right. Which, in a normal setting, might very well be in the right thing to do. But this show is not a normal setting, and basically everything he does is everything at least one person does every season to piss other people in the house off. So in that aspect, Nick becomes the villain this season. It’s obvious the way they are portraying him on the show, that’s how they want their audience to view him. He’s the person in the house that rubs people the wrong way by his actions. Plain and simple. Forced or not, that’s what we’re clearly seeing. Of the 8 guys left, you’ve not heard one of them say anything remotely close to negative about anyone else the way they have Nick. Chris? JJ? Brian? Josh? Dylan? Have any of them said anything negative about the others? Nope. All the negativity points towards Nick and what he does. Is it warranted? It could be in some places. But it’s definitely being played up, that’s for sure.

-Other guys steal time from Andi that we get to see briefly. Marcus tells her he’s in love with her again for the 731st time in 25 days as Lacy sees this and hurls her stiletto at the TV. JJ tells her that he’s had something that’s been on his mind since he last talked to her, which is shoving his tongue down her throat when she least expects it. That was smoooooooove. Completely caught her off guard, but hey, at least he tried. Then there was Brian. Guess what he did? He read her something that he wrote. Shocking. I’ll let an email I got at 8:51pm last night tell you how Brian fared:

Reality Steve,

Since you like it when people point out when contestants plagiarize, I
recognized Brian’s poem tonight. It wasn’t word for word, but it was
definitely similar to Kat’s poem in “10 Things I Hate About You.” Brian
said:

‘I hate the way my knees weaken every time I see you.
I hate how scared I am every time I see you
And I hate how I don’t hate any of those feelings.’

Here’s the transcript for Kat’s poem from the movie (inspiring the
title of the movie): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147800/faq.

Here’s a video of it:

This definitely isn’t plagiarism word for word, but it definitely
reminded me of this poem as soon as I heard Brian say it.

This is the first time I noticed something like this, so I thought I
would contribute in case you want to include it in your column!

Sooooo yeah. Brian gets zero points on the scale of originality. And has entered the Jef Holm Hall of Plagiarizing. Congratulations Brian. That’s a very select group to be a part of. You must be proud.

I’ve never seen that movie, but I think the thing I find most fascinating about that clip is…what the hell happened to Julia Stiles? Remember when she seemed to be in like every other movie and she was the next “it” girl? Does she do anything anymore? Or has she turned in to one of those snobs that thumbs her nose at Hollywood and just makes indie films now?

-Andi had her deliberation with Chris Harrison after she talked to all the guys and the only thing I got out of it was that she had lipstick on her front teeth. I know this happens often to women, but don’t you think Chris could’ve given her the universal sign to brush her teeth with her finger just as a heads up? Can’t believe they didn’t have her clean her teeth then re-shoot the scene. Oh well. I guess they have Nick to blame for that since he ran his tongue all over her lips and gums to cause this gigantic mess. Way to go, Nick. Can you do anything right this season?

-Rose ceremony time. Nick and Chris already with roses. Andi’s turn to speak. Y’all listen up. Andi: “This week had highs and lows…came in with questions…seven amazing guys…very lucky girl…tough to send somebody home but I have to…realize that future and that potential…I hope y’all like my sideboob in this dress. I did it especially for you. Well, for Josh. I don’t really care about the rest of you…”

Dylan: Is your tummy wummy better now? Got a little sicky sicky? I saw-wee.
Brian: If “10 Things I Hate About You” is in his top 10 list of favorite movies, where does “Basketball Diaries,” “He Got Game,” “Teen Wolf,” and “Blue Chips” rank?
Marcus: Do you think he told Lacy he loves her too in the 3 weeks he’s been filming in Mexico? Lets see if he can beat his record.

“Andi, Gentleman, it’s the final rose tonight. When you’re ready. Can’t wait to see what crazy skirt I can chase this Saturday at Michelle’s charity event that I’m hosting. This will be like shooting fish in a barrel.”

Josh: Ummmmm, no. He didn’t get the last rose of the night. When he walked up, Brian didn’t even have his rose on:

RC1

Not to mention when Marcus got his rose before him, there were no roses left on the plate. So yeah, Marcus got the last rose, not Josh.

RC2

Man, only a week away before hometown dates. This season is flying by. Didn’t it seem like we just had corny limo entrances last week? Or is it just my wishful thinking that this season is past the half way mark? Then again, the finale is still over a month away, so maybe I shouldn’t be as excited as I am. I’ll just mark it on my calendar. Only 32 more days of emails questioning if I have the correct spoiler to the ending of the season. Fun times.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you Thursday.

Page 6 of 6« First...23456

1. Athena

June 24, 2014 at 11:04 AM

FWIW, Whenever Andi and Josh have one of their conversations when she tells him he makes her nervous, that she’s not sure she can trust him, etc., he never ever acknowledges her being scared/nervous/etc., but simply launches into telling her she’s wrong. Basic communication skills would suggest that acknowledging someone’s feelings before offering reassurance is validating. Boo Josh. I guess it’s all in the pheromones for those two because it sure isn’t happening in the communication dept.

2. shouldbeworking

June 24, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I bet JJ will never tell another woman that he’s not good in bed…ha!

3. kinbville

June 24, 2014 at 12:04 PM

When Andi told JJ “you wear your heart on your sleeve” I kept thinking..Insert…”I mean on your pants.” ha ha. Anyway, bad joke. I thought the same thing about the flesh colored leather pants. Andi, wear a shirt that goes down a bit longer in the front next time. GROSS! Poor Cody. She was all sweet, doing all the AWWWSSS and leading him on and then, boom, she waits till “dinner” to dump him. I guess ABC wanted us to see the dumb date but we all knew she was planning on dumping him the whole day. Eric was right, she’s not a bad actress. And finally, yes to all the viewers who write about her stupid duck face, especially during the rose ceremony. She has that permanent frown with her lips stuck out. I bet she already has frown wrinkles.

June 24, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Don’t you love the unwritten rules that have sprung up on The Bachelorette. You can’t talk to The Bachelorette too early if you already have a rose. Or, you can’t think you’re the front runner. Really? Why not? So you don’t offend a dozen uber-sensitive girly-men that you’ll never see again, except perhaps on MTA or Bachelor Pad (if your reputation is already so low it can’t descend any further)? In real life, if a guy whined about something like this he’d lose his man card and have to buy a round for the whole bar. The “men” really act like a group of little girls at a slumber party. No, she’s my girl! I saw her first! I can’t believe Nick had the nerve to talk to Andi first. I’m going to unfriend him right now! Oh, so Nick thinks he’s all that now, he’s soooooo conceited. Let’s short sheet his bed & unfollow him! Completely childish.

5. sandy

June 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM

And one bachelor doesn’t wash his hands after using the bathroom…. Gross!

6. vessel

June 24, 2014 at 1:09 PM

I can’t believe the amount of sh*t Andi takes on social media for the way the corners of her mouth naturally turn down. Yes I notice it, and I have seen others who have that mouth shape and yeah it’s an unfortunate look for sure. Heck Chris the farmer has it a bit, too. But she was born with her mouth that way the same way Sarah Herron was born with one arm. No one would dare ridicule Sarah for something that she was born with so I just wonder why SO many people think it’s absolutely fine to make fun of Andi for also something she has no control over, either? You can dislike her, fine, but that kind of nastiness is rather childish, IMHO. Just sayin’…

7. karynr

June 24, 2014 at 2:10 PM

vessel, isn’t it ridiculous?! She can’t help how her mouth is shaped. It doesn’t bother me at all. If it wasn’t magnified on TV or social media, no one would even notice. We all have physical attributes that may stand out to others, but isn’t it somewhat ignorant to give someone crap for how their mouth is shaped? I find it absolutely ridiculous, but those that don’t like Andi are all over her because of it.

8. amyrn22

June 24, 2014 at 3:07 PM

I think the reason why Andi’s mouth bothers people (including me) is because she doesn’t always look that way. She consciously turns her mouth down and sticks her lips out and honestly it looks like she’s trying to do it on purpose to look “sexy.” Maybe we’re all wrong, and it’s completely subconscious, but she only does it when a guy is talking to her one-on-one and it’s a close up of her face. It’s kind of like how Clare used to run her tongue over her teeth when she was talking to Juan Pablo to look sexy. Also, Andi changes her voice with every guy she’s talking to, so it wouldn’t surprise me if she’s practicing that “sexy face” lips pushed out look in the mirror. With Josh she’s all southern accent and then on Nick’s date yesterday, there wasn’t a hint of southern at all. It was a different raspy “sexy” voice. Not sexy at all, annoying as hell in fact, but she changes it all the time depending on who she’s with.

9. amyrn22

June 24, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Also, I can’t believe how many people are buying into this whole Josh situation. He seems so disingenuous to me. He knows exactly what to say, and it’s just line after line that has been used in the past on this show and worked. Something about him is so unattractive to me. His hair and tan and white teeth. He just seems so TV ready. So does Andi, so I think they’ll probably last, at least for awhile. They both seem to want the same thing- DWTS, the TV wedding, appearances on E news. They seem like they’re gonna be just like Sean and Catherine. Hopefully not as co-dependent as those two are though. This is totally off-topic, but I have to hand it to Des and Chris. They seem like the most normal couple that has ever come from this show, besides JP and Ashley. They do some bachelor stuff, but pretty much fly under the radar and seem really in love, in a real way, not in a obsessive S&C way. I remember hating Des during her season and being so shocked about Chris winning, but they’re actually normal and doing okay. Good for them. What do you guys think?

10. bigfatwoman

June 24, 2014 at 5:09 PM

@Amryn——-

I am definitely with you about Josh. He doesn’t appeal to me in any way from looks to personality to huge bleached white chompers. Andi’s choice of him certainly makes me question her judgment.

As far as Des and Chris, I really like them too. I follow them both on Twitter and they are just real and sweet. I feel the same way about Ashley and JP.

I am NOT a fan of Sean and Catherine (aka Lunkhead and Gigglesnorts). While I admire their convictions in their faith and their pre-wedding abstinence…..I have read way too many things about paid appearances, unhappy lemmings who were unable to get too close to them because of security. “Grown sexy, consummation station” and need I say more? I find them to be front and center on the “LOOK AT OUR LOVE” stage and it turns me off.

Last point….Andi’s naked leather pants…..so awful…..I thought for a moment she was wearing a mini dress.

This season is getting more and more stale as it progresses.

11. vessel

June 24, 2014 at 5:54 PM

@Karynr, yep totally ridiculous. She has a strong personality and thus people, I think, tend to really like her or really not like her. I think those who are in the camp that doesn’t like her are eager to jump over every flaw and imperfection with glee. I don’t think she chooses to frown, why would anyone consciously down turn their mouth? Also like I said if you watch Chris you’ll see a bit of the same mouth shape. I think she does it unconsciously because that’s pretty much her resting face. It’s exaggerated, imo, when she’s listening to someone and concentrating. I mean obviously when she is actively smiling or laughing she isn’t doing it, but I think pretty much the rest of the time that’s just sort of the natural shape of it. Haven’t noticed her voice pitch changing but maybe that’s just because I like her so I’m not looking for flaws and she doesn’t have any that have jumped out at me or bugged me, aside from “stop.” (which really bugs me but oh well) In any case for me she’s about a million times more entertaining to watch than Desiree. I’m sure Des is a lovely person but she was so vanilla and personality-minus to me as Bachelorette I snoozed through her season and thus Andi is a breath of fresh air by comparison. But happy she and Chris seem to be working out, I had major doubts for a while, and that shameless greedy $$$ campaign they had going for their “poetry” book? Yuck. I hope not too many suckers bought into that.

12. ashley4

June 24, 2014 at 7:25 PM

You do realize you basically just said the viewers of the show and thus the readers of your site are not smart, not intelligent (aren’t those the same?), not highly educated or successful? I’d watch it buddy, before you have no audience. If poor idiots are who are expected to watch the show what does that say about you? Also, I can’t speak for all of your posts but the “spoilers” for next weeks show don’t really seem much of a spoiler when you’re getting the info from the previews ABC air. Just sayin.

13. texan

June 25, 2014 at 6:14 AM

ashley4: “not smart, not intelligent (aren’t those the same?)”

14. Sunnyside422

June 25, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Watching Markus and his lack of personality, can understand why Andi failed to choose him. He is beyond dull and boring. Seldom if ever smiles and his puppy love for her is really sad. He is soon to be 26 but behaves as though he is 15.

And pool Dylan just needs some major hugging. Another person who has suffered losses recently and should never have come to this silly show!

Josh is following the script nicely…plying her with all the compliments she desires. But when discussing smarmy…Nick has it all! He strokes her mightely and she loves it. And his voice makes me think “mush mouth”. Find it difficult understanding him but then don’t care what he says cause it’s all fake and phoney. Another one who wants to “win” at all costs. The guys have him pegged for sure.

I think Andi gave up on the best guy, Eric. He was the whole package…never smarmy, always truthful, and definitely easy to look at it.

Poor Cody…how sad was his date with her. Pushing for affection will never work. So Michelle Money has finally decided to leave Graham alone. Never found him attractive at all.

15. Sunnyside422

June 25, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Sorry…word was supposed to be “poor” Dylan.

16. Dianne

June 25, 2014 at 6:54 AM

ashley4 – take it easy, honey. It’s Steve, whom you obviously don’t know well. It’s his blog and he can say whatever he wants. And no, “not smart” and “not intelligent” are far from being the same.

June 25, 2014 at 7:57 AM

I’ve said it before, but Des was incredibly boring (and a bit dim) & her season incredibly forgettable…. but Des would likely make a great wife. She’s very nice, appears to be very low maintenance & also seems very unlikely to rule the household with a heavy hand. She’d probably be a very loving Mom too. So, those traits are awesome, but just don’t translate into great TV. So, in the end, boring show, but she’ll probably have a great life with Chris. Kudos to her. Andi, is her polar opposite. She’s intelligent, outgoing, ambitious, interesting…. all the things that Des was not. But, based on her behavior on the show, I think she’ll be a nightmare wife. Maybe not Vienna, but more Vienna than Des, for sure. Yeah, I’m not saying Andi is dumb trailer trash, she’s not close to that. But I do think she’s high maintenance & unless she marries a puppy dog that follow her around and does what she says, it’s going to be a short relationship. I think that Josh is certainly playing the part of “Rover” here. But, is he really that way? I don’t think so. He, like Andi, are playing a part. Maybe they’ll carry it through and take all the goodies…. DWTS, Wedding, Appearances, maybe their own reality show (who knows). But when it’s all over, there’s a John & Kate implosion waiting to happen.

18. angelfish

June 25, 2014 at 11:09 AM

So if a woman is ” intelligent, outgoing, ambitious, interesting”, then she has to marry a doormat to have a successful marriage? Or if a guy is “intelligent, outgoing, ambitious, interesting”, then his wife better be a mouse that stays home, birthin’ them babies and never opens her mouth?

Seriously? 2 “intelligent, outgoing, ambitious, interesting” people cannot meet, fall in love, get married and have a successful future?

Sorry, I know more successful marriages like THAT than ones where one spouse is totally subservient to the other. I live in 2014, not 1814.

19. vessel

June 25, 2014 at 2:35 PM

I wish someone could cite specific examples of Andi’s so called “nightmarish behavior” on the show? I’m not singling people out on here because I’ve seen a lot of people making comments about her being high maintenance, b*tchy, shallow, etc. from many sources and so far I have seen no evidence of this (aside from her possibly overreacting to what Eric said, but even that I think people make more of it than it was because he passed away and they feel bad, and also I don’t think he did a great job of articulating his thoughts to her). Emily was high maintenance! To me Andi seems to be a good listener, ask thoughtful questions, seems genuine and kind when she sends guys home, etc. Honestly what am I missing that so many people think any guy she chooses is in for a world of problems putting up with her? I’m so confused by this it sometimes feels like I am watching a totally different show than everyone else!

20. bigfatwoman

June 25, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I abhor the “low maintenance” and “high maintenance” labels applied to women.

The label isn’t meant to be gender specific, but let’s face it, it’s mostly used to describe women.

It’s insulting, simplistic and shallow. Hate it.

21. angelfish

June 25, 2014 at 5:56 PM

@vessel
    I don’t think you’re watching a different show, as much as you aren’t filtering it through a bitter, hyper-critical and resentful world view.

Some people just want to see the worst in everything and everyone, and delight in picking apart people they don’t even know.

I also dislike then term “maintenance” when applied to dealing with people. It’s extremely judgmental.

22. cjscjs711

June 25, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Don’t be too surprised if Mensans DO discuss this show. Member of Mensa myself and Mensans are very interested in current culture and cultural phenomena; including the reality-behind-the-reality shows, which your column provides. The show is much more entertaining and revealing from the informed perspective than from a naive perspective of either there-is-no-script or, just-about-every-word-is-scripted. Keep it up. But no, I doubt there is a SIG (special interest group) that meets every week just to discuss this show. 🙂

23. kasey31

June 26, 2014 at 5:17 AM

Really funny recap. I can’t get enough of the Cheetos references with Nick haha, too funny.

Vessel- You and a couple others bring up some valid points regarding Andi and the criticism she’s been getting here, from me included last week. I don’t want to be one of those viewers who hates on all the leads. I liked Ali, Ashley, Emily (while her season was airing, didn’t like her once it was over), and my biggest complaint about Des and was how boring she seemed, but I like her now. So I’ve never been one to pick on the contestants and their little idiocincracies, we all have them. The thing she does with her lip never bothered me either, and surprisingly, neither does the “stoooop.” I really liked Andi until the episode before last, and I just began to question why her personality varied depending on who she was with, but who knows how I’d act if I were in her shoes, and maybe bc each guy is different, she treats them differently.
    There are a lot of qualities about Andi which come across as completely sincere. I think all in all she seems very sweet, she’s smart, carries on good conversation with the guys, she’s funny, I love her laugh- she looks like she is genuinely having a good time with each guy and trying to get to know them all. She seems genuine in her feelings of sadness when she sends a guy home, goes out of her way to tell them how great they are and why she wasn’t feeling a connection, instead of just letting them go. When Dylan told the story of his brother and sister, she seemed genuinely empathetic towards what he went through, so I don’t want to pick on Andi and become someone who watches the show just to nit pick the lead when they’re undeserving of it. She certainly doesn’t come across as a bad person who is ill-intended- maybe just feeling her way through the process as the lead. And she’s doing a pretty darn good job. So thanks for bringing that up. She does seem to be very thoughtful with each guy in the questions she asks and in her responses.

I, too, will 2nd or 3rd BFW. High/low maintenance makes my skin crawl. And the whole “She’ll make a good wife bc she won’t ask me questions, unless she’s asking what I want for dinner” is so unattractive but not surprising coming from the source.

June 26, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Wow. Way out of context ladies. You can be intelligent, driven, etc and be a great wife and not high maintenance. I’m talking about women who always want things their way and require a lot of time, effort and money to keep them happy. All I was referencing is that Des seemed pretty relaxed, easy to please and unlikely to stir up drama. Andi seemed like the opposite, particularly after her hissy fit with Eric when he tried to discuss her behavior with her and be real. You can disagree whether she’s really that way or not.

For guys the term is not used the same. Guys who want it their own way and require, for example, dinner on the table at 6:00, a spotless house, and the final say in all decisions are not called high maintenance, they’re called controlling SOBs or sexist pigs. Which terms are worse? Should guys get upset because women are not typically called sexist pigs? Different terms, but there are negative terms for each of the sexes. Use or not use as desired.