The Bachelorette 10 - Andi

The “Bachelorette” Andi Episode 7 Recap Including Tabloid News, Deleted Scenes, & #YOPO

-And yet another instance where they made sure to show the audience someone returning home from a date, as Nick comes in and sits on the couch, while the other four guys sat in complete silence (Dylan must’ve been in the bathroom or something since he wasn’t there). This standoff was very Clare/Nikki-esque. We got a good 15 seconds of five guys sitting around a living room not saying a word to each other. Granted, I think Nikki & Clare’s last season lasted about 10 minutes so this was nothing compared to that. But still, it had it’s moment of uncomfortableness. Yes, I’m declaring that a word. Brian speaks up first and tells Nick he wasn’t happy about how he acted about the group date rose. Then Chris chimes in calling Nick a salesman. Nick somehow tries to defend himself by saying he watched every episode of Desiree’s season. Ummm, for what? It wasn’t very good. Well, except this part:

I wonder what Nick thought of that video? Or the dodgeball group date since he hates group dates so much? Or how Des told Chris Harrison she was in love with Brooks and a week later accepted a proposal from Chris? Fascinating season. Please, give us your thoughts, Nick.

-Chris then calls Nick out for talking about more strategizing than he does talking about Andi. Nick deflects that saying his relationship with Andi isn’t any of their business, but never really addresses the strategizing allegations. He just makes it known for the 384th time this episode that he thinks he’s gonna win. “I’m confident I’ll end up with Andi.” We know, Nick. We know. If you never said it again for the rest of the season, it’d still be more times than all other guys have said it combined multiplied by 100. It all comes down to a matter of taste with Nick. Some people think he’s creepy, he’s a stalker, and is playing the game, and some think he’s genuine and is keeping his relationship separate from everyone else in the house. I think it’s somewhere in the middle. I don’t think that all four of those guys just made up stuff that wasn’t valid about Nick. Yeah, he definitely seemed into the “game” aspect of this show and strategized some alone time with Andi whenever he could, probably at the nudging of producers. Could any of the other guys have done it? Sure. But that’s not how they chose to pursue Andi. However, what Nick did isn’t something we’ve seen every season on this show. There’s ALWAYS someone who rubs others the wrong way, and always seems to be walking in on private conversations when they already have a rose, or get extra time with the lead outside of the normal circumstances. Nick just happens to be the producers puppet this year, so the guys didn’t like it. This is nothing new.

-The rose ceremony was at the Chateau de la Hulpe. I have no idea what that is or its significance, but since they felt the need to name it on screen, I figured I’d write it down. Lets just call it a big building. Josh pulls her aside to tell her he’s excited for his family to see someone he’s falling in love with. I wonder if there will be a spike in the TV ratings next week in SEC country since we’re gonna get an Aaron Murray appearance on TV. I mean, he’s basically a God to UGA fans, and with him getting face time next week, along with Josh’s mom who essentially looks like an older Andi, this should be one hell of a hometown date. How much football talk do you think there will be? Can we talk about Mark Richt’s record in big games? Is there any talk about all the arrests of UGA players that have happened under his watch? Or the constant underachieving by his teams over the years? I think that would be a fascinating dinner conversation at the Murray household, and one that I’d love sit in on. Just make me some Mac-n-cheese, and I’m good.

-The guys sitting around while Andi is with Marcus think that Josh and Marcus are safe. So with Nick already having a rose, they figure the final rose is between Brian, Chris, and Dylan. Chris realizes he needs to step it up at this cocktail party to make himself stand out. So he changes out of his overalls into a nice suit, wipes the chew off the sides of his mouth, and makes sure his spittoon is clearly out of view of Andi. She doesn’t need to see that jar of filth just yet. Lets save that til she gets to Iowa. She asks Chris, “Where am I going?” He tells her to Arlington, Iowa “in the middle of nowhere.” Wow. Sounds enticing. Please continue. Basically Chris becomes the 5th guy this episode to tell Andi he’s falling in love with her, and that solidified his 3rd place finish. Granted, no hanky panky time in the fantasy suite because she finds the chaw in his mouth physically revolting, but hey, at least he got a free trip to the Dominican Republic.

-Brian sits down with Andi to talk to her about Harrisburg, PA until he’s interrupted by Nick. My guess is Andi couldn’t have been more happier to see Nick at that moment. Nick tells her how excited he is to tell his friends and family how he feels about Andi, and in his ITM, he’s crying saying how tough of a night it’s been because the guys ganged up on him. And Nick cries again next week during the hometown date. And stuffs his face with Cheetos after Andi dumps him in the end. I think he should try to work an endorsement deal with the Cheetos company after this is all said and done. Cheetos doesn’t get enough love as it is. They could use Nick to promote is as the perfect “after break-up snack.” I’m a marketing genius, I tell ya’. Right before the rose ceremony is about to commence, Chris pulls Andi outside really quick because he forgot to make out with her earlier. “I forgot to do something very important to me.” Make out. Ridiculously forced and awkward, but hey, Andi enjoyed it. “You Go Farmer.” Awwwww sh**. “Go farmer…it’s your birthday…we gonna party like it’s your birthday…we gon’ sip Moonshine like its your birthday…and you know we don’t give a f**k, it’s not your birthday.”

-Rose ceremony time. Nick already safe with a rose. Andi: “Six great guys…lucky to have any of you…makes me feel like this will work…I don’t take that lightly…not gonna meet family if that’s not possible…three roses who I see the most potential with…these are probably the easiest three roses I’ve given all season. I mean, c’mon. Brian? Dylan? Please.”

Josh: “Next week on the ‘Bachelorette,’ it’s the Aaron Murray show…”
Marcus: Does Marcus and/or Lacy watch this and cringe seeing as he said the same thing to two different women within two months of each other, or do they not care?

“Andi, gentleman, it’s the final rose tonight. When you’re ready. So glad I got to host Michelle Money’s charity event this past Saturday. But more importantly, that I got to see Selma again since I’ve had the hots for her since last year.”

Chris: Wax up the tractor, bust out the best chinaware, and dust off the patio mama cuz we done have a guest coming next week! Shhhhhheeeeeeeeooooooooooooottttt!

So we’re finally here. Hometown dates. Although if you were following back in April, you know that three of the four hometown dates were spoiled in real time with exclusive pictures. Check those out in case you forgot or haven’t seen them yet. Some pretty good stuff. Since we all know what happens, I’m much more interested in seeing the Eric stuff and everyone’s reaction when they found out. Probably one of the very few “real” moments you’ll ever see on this show.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you soon.

Page 6 of 6« First...23456

1. strick432

July 1, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Still interested in anybody who has the hard copy of Courtney’s book and is willing to share – mail it to me and let me read it and I’ll mail it back to you. Thanks.

2. anonime

July 1, 2014 at 11:01 AM

What am I missing with the Nick cheetos thing ?

3. lindsayp22

July 1, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Love Blair..been watching her videos for years. Was very surprised to see Jef in her vlog. Doesn’t seem like someone she would hang with. I’m sure she’ll appreciate you posting her video. More views, more $$ and subscribers.

4. JovisMom

July 1, 2014 at 11:26 AM

anonime – He was eating them in that video when he was on the plane talking about how Andi picked Josh.

5. anonime

July 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM

JovisMom, thanks. 🙂

July 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Nick seems like he’s getting the Michelle Money edit. The overly competitive, in it to win it only, edit. Basically you have three losers with no game on a group date with Nick, who definitely has game. He brings it, the others don’t. Nick wins. What did they expect? Even they admit, he’s beating them. But, even worse, Brian, Dylan and Chris honestly do nothing to help themselves. They’re irrelevant. So, who’s fault is that? The rest just comes off as jealousy and very un-manly jealously too.

Now, is Nick arrogant? Playing the game? Annoying? Sure, he is. But it’s a TV program setup as a competition. What’s he supposed to do, act like the “boring 3” and just sit and let it all happen? If I was Brian, Dylan or Chris, I’d be taking a lesson and amping up my game. Otherwise, the beatings just continue. The lesson for guys as we get older is this…. if you don’t want to keep getting your butt kicked (in anything), get better. Whining because someone else is better, at whatever, isn’t going to get you anywhere in life.

7. vessel

July 1, 2014 at 11:31 AM

I also would love a copy of Courtney’s book and will definitely return it to the owner. My local library won’t be getting it, and I was really embarrassed requesting it!

And is it me or is Steve obsessed with the Cheetos thing? So Nick ate some on the plane, is it that hilarious? I’m obviously completely missing what is so funny about it.

8. c104

July 1, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Vessel, yeah, Steve’s totally worn that one out. Guess he must have a product deal with them. Every time he mentions them in his blog, kachink.

9. smithyeni

July 1, 2014 at 11:54 AM

So Chris got arrested for driving 5 miles over the speed limit? I’m dying laughing right now ????.Idc i still love Chris.

10. oyoung1117

July 1, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I feel like RS doesn’t even make an effort to be funny anymore. I get that the spoilers are his bread and butter, but he used to make me laugh so hard I cried. Now it is just two dozen references to cheetos or something equivalent. C’mon, dude!

11. anonime

July 1, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I even had too ask what’s up w the cheetos. not funny, give it a rest . Nick doesn’t bother me like he does everyone else. I find him amusing.

12. purplesunsets

July 1, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Ha I feel old I got that WWF reference to that wrestler. Funny that one too.

I’m on the fence with the Nick thing. Like it could be producer edit bad edit also there could be more truth to it. He could be everyone’s bff outside now with social media and the shout out s every now and then #teamnick. But like RS said the Bach world on social media who knows.
    Sure he is a go getter confident whatnot you snooze you loose right? This season definitely drama between the guys clique wise.

Is there anyway to see the deleted scenes if you’re outside the US? Been curious on those.. Personally love Cheese Puffs better but I still find the Cheetos jokes funny at this point.

13. purplesunsets

July 1, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Also it feels odd that the tweets, shout outs, defense of self by nick and his “team” preempted this episode explosion well as the villain edits came. Yes I stalked the dates of the tweets it doesn’t add up. Did like they know he was getting a bad edit or had an idea? Seemed so.

14. ashleigh11

July 1, 2014 at 12:24 PM

My favourite moment last night was when Andi and Nick were playing This or That and she turned it around and asked him “Big or Small?” Might as well get the facts before committing to the Fantasy Suite. *high five, girl!*

15. angelfish

July 1, 2014 at 12:49 PM

I don’t mind the Cheetos commentary. And I LOVE the reference to Jake Ryan, as I’m a huge John Hughes fan. Poor “Jake” never did much after that.

I still like Chris, but the DUI and other alcohol-related infractions definitely paint a negative picture. No matter how far out of your sleepy town you live, mixing alcohol with your drive is stupid and dangerous. But also according to the article, Chris has kept himself in check for a few years, so apparently he’s wised up.

July 1, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Chris seems like he was quite the hell raiser in college…. it didn’t seem like he was a quick learner either. No surprise there. Still, remind me to never have a beer and drive 40 mph in a 35 mph zone next time I’m in bumf**k Iowa.

July 1, 2014 at 12:53 PM

My question about Chris being The Bachelor is less around his hell raising college years, and more around his personality-less 30s years. Stupid looks only carry you so far, unless you’re Will Ferrell.

18. meredith27

July 1, 2014 at 1:23 PM

I think if Andi had picked Nick they would have edited differently and Josh would come out looking like the villain ….I’m just starting to realize from reading spoilers and watching how much editing controls how people are perceived …I guess if you truly do no wrong they can’t make you into a villain but maybe not. So…for me it makes it all so fake and not worth watching really.
    It’s really annoying reading andi’s blog …as if she can share anything real …waste of time !!!!!

19. mariet

July 1, 2014 at 3:43 PM

@oyoung1117– Totally agree. I do LOVE the spoilers, but that’s it. The recaps of Sharleen Joynt, Kristen Baldwin (EW), and Lincee Ray (I Hate Green Beans) are much more entertaining.

20. newmoonmg

July 1, 2014 at 3:56 PM

After having read Courtney Robertson’s book I am now more convinced than ever that Nick is getting a bad edit, as I am sure she did. She was the first to admit she wasn’t the chummiest of people, but some of her “cracks” were made in a joking playful manner and the edit did not reflect that. So while Nick is not my fav, I am sure he is not THAT bad or aloof.

21. ksrsfan

July 1, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Nick gives me the creeps. I do not find him attractive AT ALL! So I don’t care if he is getting a bad edit, he is freaky.

Okay, I will admit that I don’t live in the city, but what is up with the guys and the scarves???? I have never seen a guy wear a scarf like that in real life, and last night 3 of the guys were wearing them when they got to Belgium. Now, it did take me a while to appreciate a guy wearing a pink shirt, but I don’t think I will ever like that scarf look. Kinda emasculating, no?

I am interested in reading Courtney’s book, just to learn more of the antics the producers play trying to make this show entertaining. Too bad we will likely never see a former contestant do a real “tell-all”. I love to hear the dirt about this show! Thanks Steve for all the info in and insight you bring us. Definitely much more entertaining!

22. bigfatwoman

July 1, 2014 at 4:25 PM

The Cheetos references are in the same tired category as the “I got this spoiler right, but people are going to doubt it” drone that never seems to end. We got it dude.

Teeny tiny Jef Holm looks pretty pathetic in that video. He really thinks he is something.

Nick is clearly getting the bad edit but I also find him to have such a squirrel-y vibe that he comes off as more teacher’s pet than sexy assertive man. He does nothing for me sexually…..unless I wanted to screw Eddie Haskell….then maybe.

Andi is fine but she bores me and takes herself way too seriously. She tweeted something last week to the tune of “I find it ironic reading the tweets and blogs that bite the very hand that fed them.” Really girl? Gimme a break. Get over yourself. You better make sure you have clean hands before you point fingers.

23. lcs85

July 1, 2014 at 4:25 PM

I thought Nick said he watched ALL the previous seasons of the Bachelorette before coming on the show. Did he say he only watched last season? I was picturing Nick binge watching the show for 4 straight days.

@ksrsfan People wear scarves when its cold out. I don’t see whats emasculating about not wanting to be cold.

24. lcs85

July 1, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Forgot to add…

What was up with Coach and Dylan’s outfits on the group date? Its the last date before hometown dates, I would think they would want to make a good impression. A zip up hoodie and whatever that was Coach was wearing made them both look like they left straight from the gym to go on this date. Not surprised that they are the two that didn’t get roses…

25. karynr

July 1, 2014 at 4:35 PM

I don’t find Nick creepy, but also don’t find him attractive.

vessel…I asked my library too, but wasn’t embarrassed at all. I think it’s funny. Plus, I’m in Scottsdale where Courtney is from, so I’m sure I’m not the first person who’s asked.

You know how they used the On the Wings of Love song for Jake’s season? I think they should use the Green Acres theme song for Chris’s.

26. ugasara13

July 1, 2014 at 6:52 PM

As a UGA grad, I thank you for the added SEC football commentary in this weeks recap. Also – wonder if Josh’s little brother beating LSU last season comes up?

27. grimmace1997

July 1, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Chris pulled Andi aside to kiss her and she says “he just planted one on me…..you GO farmer”…wonder who scripted that….

28. freeasabird

July 1, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Re: Scarfs – Chris H. (I think, as it was a retweet) said it was really cold and production had to go out and buy a bunch of scarves and other cold weather gear.

I find Nick cute in an Eddie Haskell way. (Thanks BFW!)

Green Acres – yes, karynr – perfect song!

I am not looking forward to Chris’ season. I don’t care how rich he is 😉 His suits always look too small. I find nothing attractive about him. Being 40 miles from the nearest “real” town (Waterloo, Iowa) does not appeal to me. I’m suburban born and raised and hated visiting my cousins that lived on a farm. My sister loved it. So, different strokes.

I wish it was Marcus as the next Bachelor. He’d be easier on my eyes. Brian is probably the best of this bunch as far as being genuine but could not carry the show. Dylan? Nah, I hate sad back stories.

I watched the video chat live last Thursday. I liked how quick Steve was with the answers. It seemed to me as if half the people there had never read his column.

I feel that Nick’s plan was to make it to the final four and hopefully be the next Bachelor. Too bad, Cheeto dude, that didn’t work out for ya’. I think more and more contestants have that in mind as each season goes on. Ali started it, Kacie B tried it, by coming back on Ben’s season and I forget who else I felt about in that way.

29. purplesunsets

July 2, 2014 at 2:25 AM

I think I have to agree with @freeasabird it seems Nick had a strategy going in whether to play the game, win Andi, or be popular off it etc not certain. But I think he knew he could get bad edits on this show and seeing his damage control online before add up.

Hands down best part of the episode is the end credits. Brian and the pickle. That was funny.

30. karynr

July 2, 2014 at 6:08 AM

I’m pretty neutral on Chris being the new Bachelor. I can’t decide if I find him good looking or not. All I keep thinking is, if he drinks or eats too much, he’s going to end up with three chins. His face looks puffy to me, and with age it will only get worse.

I think Marcus is the best looking of the bunch. I thought Dylan was good looking, but between the greasy ponytail and not washing his hands, I no longer find him as attractive.

July 2, 2014 at 6:12 AM

Let’s imagine the possible entertaining scenarios for Chris’ season. (Really, Chris? Doh!)

Yes, the Green Acres theme holds not only for the song, but for wooing city girls to come live in East Podunk, Iowa. The girls discover that the winter weather hovers around zero in Iowa with a constant 25 mph wind to spice things up. Watch as Tierra returns and proclaims her love for waking up at 5:00 a.m. and cleaning up pig sh*t. Well, Green Acres was really popular….. in the 60s. Ummmm…. no.

OK, scenario 2. Chris gets to choose from 25 Daisy Duke wanna bes. Most girls are graduates of the University of Florida & own only jeans shorts & tank tops (regional joke for those not from the south). Emily shows up unannounced dressed in a plaid shirt, denim mini skirt and a Caterpillar baseball cap trying to get Chris to go on a hay ride with her. Hmmmm. The Dukes of Hazzard was really popular….. in the 80s. No.

Scenario 3 – IDK. I guess they’ll have to come up with something. Chris’ “personality” sure isn’t going to carry the day. I guess they could get him a 12 pack at the QuickTrip, put him behind the wheel of a vintage GTO & tell him to go real fast & avoid the cops. Then follow the action from a helicopter. It could happen.

32. texan

July 2, 2014 at 6:29 AM

I think Nick is actually the most attractive and the only one of the entire batch of guys I would’ve had any interest in.

Chris is so unattractive that I can’t imagine any women seriously swooning over that Haley Joel Osment pinched face. It’s like when they tried to make us believe a bunch of beautiful women could actually be attracted to Ben.

33. Sunnyside422

July 2, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Isn’t it amazing how the Bachelor leads have become so boring and unattractive! And Chris will join the group. He seems nice but exciting or interesting…not. If I signed up for his season and then realized he was the bachelor, I’d bail, no matter how much I wanted TV exposure.

Nope Nick is not attractive at all. Mumble Mouth doesn’t do it for me. Even though I feel producers have prodded and pointed him into situations that resulted in the scenes we witness with the other men, he just can’t keep that smarmy look off his face. Will be epic when he is sent packing. Wonder if he’ll get all pissy as Ben did when Ashley dumped him!

34. Athena

July 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I enjoyed watching Chris in that deleted dancing (?) scene this week. He clearly seemed to be the ringleader of the guys and, unlike the rest of them, he had some moves. I think he may have more personality than we’ve been shown so far. Maybe some of it will be shown on the hometown date. I can’t remember what RS told us about what happens during the date, but I’m picturing he and Andi shooting bluerocks out in a cornfield.

And Rob, if you bring Emily back, they could go out and shoot guns too – remember how surprisingly good she was at it?

Then again, maybe Chris isn’t a hunter, and it would be better to have Andi and Emily going out to shoot guns without a guy.

35. anonime

July 2, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I know RS has explained why they keep recycling contestants , usually # 3 , as the lead but I would love to see someone new. Wouldn’t stop me from watching, just the opposite. Chris is a bore. They must’ve seen someone from all their castings who caught their eye as a future lead. I know, winning formula blah blah blah. Anyone else here tired of the recycling & ready for some new leads?

36. crossedmymind

July 2, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Find Nicks personality and looks unattractive-he comes across as way too into himself as opposed to confident or self-assured. Not my type at all. I’m a Raylan Givens kind of gal though married to a man that looks like Kevin Bacon (told as much all the time) but better looking with striking and bigger electric blue eyes.

Noticed the scarves too. Dudes, women don’t want to share their clothing accessories with their guy. Those weren’t masculine scarves-they were light and fluffy with feminine design patterns-no way they would keep anybody the least bit warmer. If a dude is wearing a winter coat, a masculine scarf is OK.

37. vessel

July 2, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Didn’t Steve say he would be posting the Bachelor in Paradise episode by episode spoilers today (Wednesday)?

38. freeasabird

July 2, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Three part interview with “Coach,” He talks about the final 4. It’s at www dot abc27 dot com / video? clipId = 10325086

Take out the spaces and add the dots. This is part 3 but there are links to the other 2 videos. He seems like a super guy and is best friends with Nick etc.

My last link for deleted scenes at abc dot com never showed up 🙁

39. purplesunsets

July 2, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Yowza I just saw the deleted scene from Wetpaint.. That Nick bullseye thing on Josh? Very telling. The dance sequence seemed funny, I think Chris may have personality just not shown as much. Kind of reminds me of Chris Siegfried from Des’ season they didnt show much personality just poetry but turns out from hearing him on Jason and Molly’s podcast quite funny.

Thanks @freeasasabird for that link I was looking for one. Yeah there seems to be a divide in the house a #teamnick aka brian and jj and the neutral other half. I think I saw on IG on the popular page one time Brian calling Nick his BFF? Sharleen seems to be solid #teamnick from her blog.

40. LynnMJ

July 3, 2014 at 9:07 AM

I guess creepy, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, cause Nick absolutely creeps me out. When he puts his head down and his eyes look up, he couldn’t look any more smarmy.

41. serapa

July 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Late commenter….busy with Canadian long weekend….

I think Nick is immature, a narcissist and fake. I agree with the guys on this one.

Chris will be a boring bachelor…yawn…heehaw…

I also think that Josh is a very good match for Andi. No one else see this? They are great together. I think these two have a really good chance.