Do you think if Ari is selected to be the next Bachelor will it have a negative impact within the “bachelor family”. Will the chances decrease for the alumni of the franchise to watch this show/live tweet about it since he has dated/had encounters with a lot of them?
Comment: No. They don’t care who the lead is. As many as Arie has been with, it’s still a very small percentage of the overall amount of women who have been on this show.
Great job on nailing this season!! Love reading all of your spoilers and recaps. It makes watching the show so much better! Question- at the final rose ceremony when they are each giving their speeches, is someone in their ear telling them what to say? That is a lot to remember and not stumble over. I know they will do re-shoots to get it perfect.
Keep up the awesome work!!
Comment: No. I’m sure if there are major screwups they re-shoot it, but they can edit out any speech to make it look like it flowed perfectly.
1. Do you think they spared Nick the wrath of the men at the MTA knowing how heartbroken he was over Andi? No. Only one person who ever finished in the final 2 was at the Tell All show and that was Courtney for obvious reasons. As bad as Nick was, he wasn’t even in the same vicinity as Courtney.
2. Is it me or did Andi not seem to give a sh*t about Nick? She was hysterical over letting Chris go and barely cried over Nick and then refused to give him closure / flat out said she never loved him at all. Is it possible she realized he sucked from the other guys and just picked him to be the poor soul strung along to the F2 instead of someone nicer. Or did something happen we didn’t see that pissed her off? She was so COLD. Granted he showed his true colors with the whole sex comment but man was she unsympathetic.
Comment: People will debate this until the end of time over what Andi should have said, should have done, etc. Everybody gets broken up with on this show every single season except for the final person. Some are better than others. She gave him the reason she thought was best. I mean, she was crying when she was on the couch talking to him before she let him go. Was she not crying hard enough? Was her makeup not nearly messy enough? What’s good enough? There is no answer that’ll satisfy everybody. She said what she said. Some people were fine with it, some want more.
Wow. The main reason I just don’t get this show is I don’t understand how a relationship can thrive or even survive when Guy #1 knows that his girl slept with Guy #2 and sometimes even Guy #3 just before accepting his proposal. How can someone be okay with that, yet still invested enough to pursue marriage? I just don’t get it. Happens all the time. Josh and Andi have been asked about it in a few interviews since Monday and it’s in the past to them. They don’t care. It was 2 ½ months ago.
After watching ATFR, here are my questions. I hope you can answer them!
Do you know any behind-the-scenes info on Nick’s attempts to talk with Andi before the finale? Did you know that Nick had showed up at the Men Tell All? We saw tweets of him in LA that weekend, so he obviously was there. The thing about wanting to see her in Mexico was new. I’m still blown away by this guy pining over a girl who dumped him 2 ½ months ago, so I find the whole thing hard to believe. I mean, she was broken up with him longer than she actually knew him. Think about that for a second. That’s kinda ridiculous considering the way he acted since the show.
Did Josh already know what went on in the fantasy suite with Nick? I’m sure he did at some point. When? No idea.
During Nick’s segment in the ATFR, was Josh kept in a soundproof room or was he able to watch or hear what was going on? Usually they aren’t even watching the show in the green room, but it’s possible that’s changed.
1. Why in the world was that cat there?!?! How much did they pay for that appearance? It didn’t even seem that grumpy. I honestly don’t know the Grumpy Cat phenomenon. I’ve seen it occasionally on Facebook and in articles, but never cared enough to follow up. Why? Because cats are dumb.
2. Did Chris H confess his love for Andi? No.
I can’t believe that Nick broke a very important Man Law! Never discuss making love with the Bachelorette on National TV after you lost! How embarrassing for Andi, not to mention Josh. Lost a lot of respect for Nick and I’ll bet he won’t be invited back to any Bachelor events in the future!
Comment: I’d say the audience is pretty divided at this point. Basically the ones who love Nick and hate Andi thought it was great. And vice versa.
Delighted to see your sources came through as usual. Disgusting how TPTB played Nick because of the video..shameless!
Comment: We have no idea if that’s what they did. Nor will we ever know. Pure speculation.
Hi, Reality Steve.
Long-time reader, but I had never written you before this season, and now it’s twice; go figure. Congrats on spoiling another season. I never had any doubt!
Forgive me if you answer some of these in your recap, but I’m writing before it is posted.
1) I’m assuming the Michelle Money question about announcing the bachelor was staged / planned, since everything seems to be on this show. Do you know? I’m sure it was.
2) Earlier, you said that you give Andi and Josh a better shot than other couples of making it. Do you still give them a better shot? Yes. The proximity factor is huge. Doesn’t guarantee anything, but it sure doesn’t hurt. No one has to pack up their life and move somewhere else. That’s kind of a big deal.
3) When Chris Harrison said “you all didn’t know THAT was coming” [after Andi dumped Nick], that felt like they were acknowledging you, and probably the closest they will ever come. Did you feel the same? Never thought that.
4) Do you think that Nick was prodded by a producer [as Nikki Ferrell tweeted] to say the making love line? Do you think most of their exchange was producer-driven or was it how Nick was feeling? Given the video you posted the day after, and how different Nick seemed from the others, it seemed real to me, but heaven knows you can’t think anything is real on this show. He claims no producer told him to do that and he never intended to bring it up.
5) Any news on the Arie vs. Chris for bachelor front? Do you have a preference on who will be more fun to write about? Professionally, Arie would be a better choice because he’d give me so much material based on all the women he’s been with. But I’d rather they chose Chris. I’ve said Chris since the day the spoilers came out, and I really think that’s who they’ll end up going with.
Keep up the good work!
Congrats on being right! That was actually the first thing I thought of when she picked Josh- thank you Reality Steve! I just watched some of MTA since I really didn’t care too much about that episode. I definitely was curious about the “live ultrasound.” I noticed even in the preview it showed the technician performing the ultrasound using his left hand! I am a sonographer and am left-handed but it was absolutely discouraged in training, even from a left-handed instructor. This show cracks me up- thanks for spoiling as always and for your clever reviews. You’re awesome!
Comment: Yeah, based on people I’ve talked to who have had children, they all laugh at the notion that was a live ultrasound.
Best after the final rose ever! Nick is my hero! Called out Andi and exposed her for the fake person she really is!
I’m sure Josh loves the fact that his fiancée slept with someone else a few nights before they got engaged. Let’s see how long this one lasts.
Hated Andi! So glad she got called out!
Comment: See what I mean?
Big fan! Congrats on spoiling another season! Not sure how I ever watched the show without your spoilers and commentary. Brilliant and much more entertaining! I noticed back a while ago when you first posted the screenshot of Josh’s snapchat that he was communicating the most with Britty_baby2. From what I’ve read online (I know you can’t believe everything you read) but it says that it is Josh’s ex named Brittany Mccord. Have you heard anything about this? Or can you confirm it is her? Or why he’d be communicating with her more than andi after the engagement? She’s not his ex-girlfriend, never was his ex-girlfriend, and any site that ran that had no idea what they were talking about. She was a fan of the Murray’s, took pictures with both brothers, and essentially said the same thing in each picture. Yet other websites went crazy thinking that was Josh’s ex. It wasn’t.
Also, I really liked Andi until the finale and ATFR. It seemed like she was very cold when she let Nick go. I feel like he was fair in saying she led him on. And I know she has to make it look like she likes him a lot but I think she did too much. Especially knowing how much he loved her. And it confirmed my feeling when she told josh “I’ve loved you since I first laid eyes on you the first night.” Just seems as if she played Nick like a fool just for ratings. Sad.
Anyway, congrats again! Can’t wait until next season!
Comment: I don’t think she did it for ratings. I just don’t know how she’s supposed to act when she’s 2 ½ months into an engagement and the dude she dumped back at the beginning of May is essentially stalking her. She obviously didn’t want to be there, she acted like she didn’t want to be on stage with him, and why would she? The whole scene was just awkward. Every ATFR show in the history of this franchise (except for Ben’s since they never brought Lindzi out) had the final 2 confront the lead. But never had the final 2 person been has hung up on them as Nick was. It was the makings of a disaster from the get go. Nothing she said up on stage was going to appease Nick or the Nick fans. Their favorite got dumped so they’re taking it out on Andi.
Great job again this season. The emails of hate are hilarious, people really need to get a life. Can’t wait to read the spoliers for next season.
Keep up the good work!!
Comment: Yes, they are very funny. Hence the reason I posted them. People need to see how maniacal and completely out of touch with reality some people are. Not just because they didn’t believe the spoilers. But their reasoning behind why they didn’t. That makes it worse.
Hey Steve, just a quick comment on what I think happened to make Nick all the sudden clam up on the ATFR ceremony. My guess is producers had him watching the finale just like everyone else so he could mentally be right back in that place, when Andi dumped him and got engaged to Josh. The problem is he never saw the proposal and Andi’s seemingly “about face” at the end in choosing Josh. I knew from you the ending all along but honestly the producers did a good job of making viewers believe Nick was the one. I was even saying as I watched her dump nick, wow it makes no sense. But once she got engaged to Josh, I think for the first time we really saw the “love” or “lust” or what have you between her and Josh. So Nick, as well, finally saw it too right before he was put on stage to face her. At that point he was defeated mentally, he saw there was no chance of winning her back and realized he’d been played all along. So maybe given more time, he would of had more to say, but since he just saw it himself, he was blindsided. I was actually expecting him to say, it didn’t make sense ALL season until the finale. Also I think his comment about her making love to him actually came from him really wanting to understand what the hell happened. Anyway, thanks for your amazing blog, I never doubted you for a minute, I can see how Nick thought it was him though.
Comment: Nick clearly thought it was him or else he wouldn’t have been moping around Milwaukee for the last 2 ½ months and trying to reach Andi as many times as he did. Doesn’t mean he had to bring up sex in the fantasy suite. Yes, it was sex. You didn’t make love to someone you barely knew.