Bachelor in Paradise

“Bachelor in Paradise” Episode 6 Recap

Robert and Sarah

An interesting episode for these two since Sarah reminded us on at least three different occasions that the one person she came into this show hoping to meet was Brooks. She met him at Juan Pablo’s ATFR and has had a crush since. But now that she’s in a relationship with Robert, she doesn’t know how she feels about him since Brooks entered the show last night. Brooks has a little pow wow with Zack and Robert to get the low down on who to ask out. He finds out that Robert is coupled up with Sarah and if he asks Sarah out, Robert will kill him. Then again, I don’t know what Brooks is doing on this show in the first place. With the exception of two, every woman is in her 20’s. We all know Brooks likes the cougars, don’t we? How could we possibly forget the pictures of him I posted back during Desiree’s season making out with a 50 year old? They’re kinda embedded in my brain forever. Anyone know how I can make them disappear?

So even though before Brooks showed up, Sarah is frolicking in the ocean with Robert and making out with him telling us she’s absolutely falling for the guy, the minute she sees Brooks in all his, ummmm, manliness appear on the beach, she then began questioning her commitment to Robert. She really seemed to want Brooks to ask her on a date to see if there was anything there, but he didn’t. He went with Jackie, and Sarah seemed bummed. So kinda like Michelle’s voice over saying, “I have to break up with Cody,” they had almost the exact same voice over of Sarah saying, “I have to break up with Robert.” Something tells me that voice over was taken from the end of the show where she actually DID break up with him, but they threw it in there for dramatic effect. Since not three seconds after we hear her say it, there’s a card on her bed from Robert. How convenient.

Robert wants her to meet him on the beach so they can talk. Sarah: “What are you looking for when this is over?” Robert: “Well, my paycheck for coming on this silly show, for one. Then more Instagram and Twitter followers second. And hey, maybe you and me can have lunch someday in LA if I’m not too busy. Whaddya’ say?” Ok, he didn’t say that. But I’m sure he was thinking it. He says he wants to explore this in the real world, since Paradise isn’t the real world. It’s fake. Just dates in caves and visiting ruins. That’s not real. He wants to take her to coffee shops in Santa Monica and hang out at Shade Hotel to see if their relationship can progress from here. Which then has Sarah doing a 180 and is now back on the Robert train. “Brooks being here has made me realize Robert is the guy for me.” It has? Ummm, how? And why? Rhetorical. No need to answer.

Graham and AshLee

You talk about a couple that got NO air time this week. Holy crap. I guess after unloading on AshLee during back-to-back episodes last week, they must’ve figured the audience was in AshLee overload so they decided to pull back last night. They literally spent maybe two minutes with any “issue” between them, and that was AshLee getting upset that Graham didn’t get a date card this episode. In that aspect, I mean, she’s kinda right. We’re six episodes in, every single person on that show has gotten a date card except for Graham. Not sure why that was the case, but it was true. Both dates he went on with AshLee were date cards she got. So AshLee is bothered by the fact she didn’t get another date with Graham and Lacy starts questioning their relationship because of it. It really was a whole lot of nothing. It’s almost as if they have to give every couple some air time each episode, and they had nothing for Graham and AshLee so they threw that in there.

I guess it was more of just a way to lead people to doubt their relationship heading into the finale next week where Graham dumps her. Michelle said she’s going to watch AshLee like a hawk from now on after seeing her cry over not getting another date. My guess is that Graham will go to Michelle next episode and ask what he should do regarding AshLee and, well, we all know the final result so I’m guessing Michelle didn’t exactly give AshLee a sparkling review. I think the previews showed Graham talking to Michelle, and since next week each couple has to decide whether to break up or stay together, I’m sure that’s what he’s talking to Michelle about. Uh oh. Not gonna be good for AshLee next week.

1. bigfatwoman

September 2, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Wowza…..I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again….this show is SO entertaining!!

It is hard for me to believe that Michelle Money is truly into Cody. I believe that he really is a sweet guy, but C’MON!!! Michelle has several acting credits to her name and I think this gig is more or less one of them.

I like Sarah. I think she’s very sweet and obviously was cast for that role. However, there’s something I find SO BORING about her. I think Robert seems an equal match to her in that respect.

Jesse “two miles between my eyes” Kovacs is a repulsive human being. He gives the male gender a bad name. Christy is such a knockout and seems naively sweet. I hope she grows a pair after watching this show.

Men like Jesse should have their homes painted neon yellow, a siren installed on top of their car and a warning label tattooed across their chests. As my brother so wisely told me once, “some men are just predators.”

2. mkk2

September 2, 2014 at 11:09 AM

hahahaha!! Love that description of how Jesse should be surrounded by warning signs everywhere he goes. Unfortunately, there are always women like poor Christy who fall for his thinly veiled manipulations. I wonder what sort of petri dish of STD’s this guy walks around with. He makes me want to puke.
    BTW, does ANYONE still like Ashlee after watching what a two faced delusional spoiled brat she is?

3. lolaminn

September 2, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Wasn’t that the same cave as the Marcus/Lacy date, but only at night? The exit into the dock area sure looked the same. I’m willing to bet it’s also re-used from the lone-Kalon date as well.

Hope they all enjoyed swimming through gobs of bat crap.

September 2, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Jesse like so many other men on these shows is mainly in it for the tail. He’s quite a scum bucket. But girls on the show, just like in the real world keep falling for these losers. I don’t know whether it’s Daddy issues or just a misguided belief that spreading their legs for these guys actually means something to them. It does mean something. It means a fun couple of minutes and another fun story to tell the guys. That’s about it. But some girls never seem to get that sad fact.

5. stacyhmolloy

September 2, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Steve,
    In all honesty, Jesse wasn’t Christy’s first douche bag hookup. Like Pavlov’s dog, she’s gone from hooking up with Chris Conte to Chris Bukowski (likes the name Chris) to Jesse. Now onto Brian Osborne. The cycle continues.

6. tamara

September 2, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Is Jesse a douchebag user? yes. Was I glad to see the women confront him? Yes!
    Did he fail at talking his way out of being a coward? No.
    At the same time Christy chose to get extremely drunk and went to at least 3rd base with Jesse, or very close based on the film of them in bed. If you go to bed on the first date and go that far sexually you shouldn’t be surprised he did with another woman too. She is not just a victim here. Hopefully she learned to hold off till she gets to know who she is jumping in bed with.

7. tamara

September 2, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I mean, yes that he failed to talk his way out of being a coward.

8. anonime

September 2, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Still like AshLee ? never did. And why does she look so cross-eyed on BIP ? i didn’t notice that before. Looking at her eyes hurts my eyes.

9. jmania123

September 2, 2014 at 5:40 PM

If they do the show again, I would like them to force some mingling. Maybe a rule against 2 consecutive dates with the same person, a random choice date, etc. – something that gives new people a shot so they don’t walk into a locked/coupled up situation. Then change the rules after there has been sufficient mingling. I loved the bug on Jesse’s white jacket. It was the only thing that wanted to be around him. In Harrison’s blog, he still writes “Zach” instead of “Zack”.

10. ksrsfan

September 3, 2014 at 6:00 AM

I laughed so hard when Zack told Jackie that he had wasted too much time on Clare, and that Jackie was even-keel, down to earth, normal and beautiful, I’ll bet Clare needs a new TV now because she threw whatever she had handy at it upon hearing all that!!

I think Michelle and Cody make a cute couple and hope they make it. We’ll see….

Jessie K is disgusting. Wonder who his next prey will be. Maybe after this show women will be aware of the type of creep he really is.

Marcus and Lacy are just too sweet, they make my teeth hurt. I hope they make it as well.

Poor AshLee, this girl may need some counselling after this show! I wonder how much of the finale will be about their break up since they had no airtime this week. May have to fast forward through my DVR next week!

11. bigfatwoman

September 3, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I’ve been invited to several festivals this weekend.

12. gypsy17

September 3, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I wish Brooks stuck around for the last episode. How great would it have been if he had to face Des and Chris? Not awkward at all… ha!

13. paisley17

September 3, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Anyone else find Robert to be BORING? He doesn’t care which girl he’s with, he just wants to stil around as long as possible and get more airtime. I wish Brooks had just ignored him and asked Sarah for a date. She would have said yes and he could have stuck around instead of vanilla Robert. *snooze*

September 3, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Brooks should have gone with his real instincts and asked Robert out.

15. mariet

September 3, 2014 at 7:37 PM

@rob22 Seriously. Holy cow!

16. ganny2jax

September 6, 2014 at 5:10 PM

My comment is in regards to Marquel saying his race is why he didn’t get the Bachelor gig…Oh no he didn’t..!! So sick of the race card being played. He was very judgmental and boring, especially sipping on his large glass of wine and telling Michelle she “likes to drink.” And then again, telling Jackie he normally doesn’t kiss on the first date, but he did. I probably wouldn’t have watched if he were the bachelor. It is one thing to have values and morals, and another thing to use them only in certain situations. If these type situations make Marquel uncomfortable, then he needs to stay away. Anyway, I think Chris will make a great Bachelor. Can’t wait to watch.