Bachelor in Paradise

“Bachelor in Paradise” Episode 6 Recap

Brooks and Jackie

When Brooks arrived first, they made it seem like there was mutual interest on his part towards Sarah. But either he was scared off by Robert’s threat, or, he really wasn’t that interested in her since he never asked her out. I’m sure that would’ve sent her head spinning if he did. He ended up asking Jackie out and these almost committed a huge fashion faux paux by wearing white after Labor Day. Granted, this was shot back in June, but yesterday was Labor Day and they were wearing white so screw them. They sure were testing the fashion gods I tell ya’. They ended up at dinner where Brooks seemed fixated on the fact that he was sitting across the table from someone who was attractive. Either Brooks doesn’t date much, or, he doesn’t date women. One of the two. Jackie is very attractive, but the way Brooks went on and on and on about being at dinner with someone so attractive makes you kinda scratch your head a bit. You know, like, he doesn’t usually do this often.

After dinner, they decided to play a game of foosball. Brooks has a brilliant idea of how he can get a woman to kiss him. “If I beat you, I get a kiss. If you beat me, you kiss me.” Is there a reason so many guys on this show need to either ask for kisses, or give warnings to women before they kiss? Isn’t that a major turn off? Chris Harrison seemed to throw Marquel under the bus in his interview posted on page 1 about it. And somehow they also rounded up some of the locals to bet on this foosball match between Brooks and Jackie. Wouldn’t you know it, a girl beat Brooks and he kissed her…on the cheek. In the most friend zone way you could possibly imagine. Because of course as we remember, Jackie doesn’t kiss on the first date. Unless it’s with Marquel. Or Zack later on. I love how the people on this show say things then do the complete opposite of what they preach. Really makes all the sense in the world.

Zack and Jackie

The next day, Brooks and Jackie are playing horse on the makeshift basketball hoop that’s been created. What is this, Gilligan’s Island? Who made that thing? Couldn’t you just get a real hoop out there? How low budget has this show become? I’m surprised they were even able to give them a ball to play with rather than coconuts. All while Brooks and Jackie are playing a game of “H-O-R-S-E,” (another game in which Jackie won, albeit because after missing every shot, Brooks just says next shot wins and Jackie made hers. I think), Zack is a little bothered by the time these two are spending together. And if we haven’t learned anything in six episodes of BIP, it’s when somebody is unhappy, or somebody is jealous of someone else’s relationship, within minutes, that person will be getting a date card. Whaddya’ know? Zack gets a date card and gets to ask Jackie out. How convenient. This was the point where AshLee started crying because Graham didn’t get the date card. Not sure she should’ve cried over it, but really, it didn’t make a lot of sense as to why Graham never was given a date card. Obviously all these date cards are arranged by producers. They are strategically done since they know who will be going on dates with who. It’s not like every episode people were randomly picking date cards out of a fish bowl and Graham ended up on the short end of the stick every episode. So what’s the point of not ever giving Graham a date card the whole season? Everyone else got one. Whatever. It’s over and done with, but just something interesting to note.

Guess what Zack and Jackie did on their date? You guessed it. They went into a cave. If I don’t see another “swimming in a cave date” on this show…it still won’t be soon enough. When basically every date is the same, and no one does anything out of the ordinary, what exactly is so “paradise” about “Paradise?” Another head scratcher. Zack: “I haven’t felt this comfortable on a first date in forever.” Or since his date with Clare a few days ago. One of the two. I’m sure Clare was sitting at home venting to her raccoon stuffed animal listening to that. I don’t know who said it who, but one of them said that the other was a “breath of fresh air to me.” If Zack said it, more reason for Clare to start ripping her pillows apart, and if Jackie said it, well, see ya Brooks. I think Jackie might’ve been put off a tad by Brooks’ effeminate-ness. Yes, I just made up that word. Go with it. Makes all the sense in the world. Especially when we see him at the cocktail party later on painting Jackie’s nails. That certainly didn’t do anything to dispel what people thought about him during Des’ season. Whoa. Nail painting? Really? And oh yeah, Jackie made out with Zack in the water even though she doesn’t kiss on the first date. Of course she did.

1. bigfatwoman

September 2, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Wowza…..I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again….this show is SO entertaining!!

It is hard for me to believe that Michelle Money is truly into Cody. I believe that he really is a sweet guy, but C’MON!!! Michelle has several acting credits to her name and I think this gig is more or less one of them.

I like Sarah. I think she’s very sweet and obviously was cast for that role. However, there’s something I find SO BORING about her. I think Robert seems an equal match to her in that respect.

Jesse “two miles between my eyes” Kovacs is a repulsive human being. He gives the male gender a bad name. Christy is such a knockout and seems naively sweet. I hope she grows a pair after watching this show.

Men like Jesse should have their homes painted neon yellow, a siren installed on top of their car and a warning label tattooed across their chests. As my brother so wisely told me once, “some men are just predators.”

2. mkk2

September 2, 2014 at 11:09 AM

hahahaha!! Love that description of how Jesse should be surrounded by warning signs everywhere he goes. Unfortunately, there are always women like poor Christy who fall for his thinly veiled manipulations. I wonder what sort of petri dish of STD’s this guy walks around with. He makes me want to puke.
    BTW, does ANYONE still like Ashlee after watching what a two faced delusional spoiled brat she is?

3. lolaminn

September 2, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Wasn’t that the same cave as the Marcus/Lacy date, but only at night? The exit into the dock area sure looked the same. I’m willing to bet it’s also re-used from the lone-Kalon date as well.

Hope they all enjoyed swimming through gobs of bat crap.

September 2, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Jesse like so many other men on these shows is mainly in it for the tail. He’s quite a scum bucket. But girls on the show, just like in the real world keep falling for these losers. I don’t know whether it’s Daddy issues or just a misguided belief that spreading their legs for these guys actually means something to them. It does mean something. It means a fun couple of minutes and another fun story to tell the guys. That’s about it. But some girls never seem to get that sad fact.

5. stacyhmolloy

September 2, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Steve,
    In all honesty, Jesse wasn’t Christy’s first douche bag hookup. Like Pavlov’s dog, she’s gone from hooking up with Chris Conte to Chris Bukowski (likes the name Chris) to Jesse. Now onto Brian Osborne. The cycle continues.

6. tamara

September 2, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Is Jesse a douchebag user? yes. Was I glad to see the women confront him? Yes!
    Did he fail at talking his way out of being a coward? No.
    At the same time Christy chose to get extremely drunk and went to at least 3rd base with Jesse, or very close based on the film of them in bed. If you go to bed on the first date and go that far sexually you shouldn’t be surprised he did with another woman too. She is not just a victim here. Hopefully she learned to hold off till she gets to know who she is jumping in bed with.

7. tamara

September 2, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I mean, yes that he failed to talk his way out of being a coward.

8. anonime

September 2, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Still like AshLee ? never did. And why does she look so cross-eyed on BIP ? i didn’t notice that before. Looking at her eyes hurts my eyes.

9. jmania123

September 2, 2014 at 5:40 PM

If they do the show again, I would like them to force some mingling. Maybe a rule against 2 consecutive dates with the same person, a random choice date, etc. – something that gives new people a shot so they don’t walk into a locked/coupled up situation. Then change the rules after there has been sufficient mingling. I loved the bug on Jesse’s white jacket. It was the only thing that wanted to be around him. In Harrison’s blog, he still writes “Zach” instead of “Zack”.

10. ksrsfan

September 3, 2014 at 6:00 AM

I laughed so hard when Zack told Jackie that he had wasted too much time on Clare, and that Jackie was even-keel, down to earth, normal and beautiful, I’ll bet Clare needs a new TV now because she threw whatever she had handy at it upon hearing all that!!

I think Michelle and Cody make a cute couple and hope they make it. We’ll see….

Jessie K is disgusting. Wonder who his next prey will be. Maybe after this show women will be aware of the type of creep he really is.

Marcus and Lacy are just too sweet, they make my teeth hurt. I hope they make it as well.

Poor AshLee, this girl may need some counselling after this show! I wonder how much of the finale will be about their break up since they had no airtime this week. May have to fast forward through my DVR next week!

11. bigfatwoman

September 3, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I’ve been invited to several festivals this weekend.

12. gypsy17

September 3, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I wish Brooks stuck around for the last episode. How great would it have been if he had to face Des and Chris? Not awkward at all… ha!

13. paisley17

September 3, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Anyone else find Robert to be BORING? He doesn’t care which girl he’s with, he just wants to stil around as long as possible and get more airtime. I wish Brooks had just ignored him and asked Sarah for a date. She would have said yes and he could have stuck around instead of vanilla Robert. *snooze*

September 3, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Brooks should have gone with his real instincts and asked Robert out.

15. mariet

September 3, 2014 at 7:37 PM

@rob22 Seriously. Holy cow!

16. ganny2jax

September 6, 2014 at 5:10 PM

My comment is in regards to Marquel saying his race is why he didn’t get the Bachelor gig…Oh no he didn’t..!! So sick of the race card being played. He was very judgmental and boring, especially sipping on his large glass of wine and telling Michelle she “likes to drink.” And then again, telling Jackie he normally doesn’t kiss on the first date, but he did. I probably wouldn’t have watched if he were the bachelor. It is one thing to have values and morals, and another thing to use them only in certain situations. If these type situations make Marquel uncomfortable, then he needs to stay away. Anyway, I think Chris will make a great Bachelor. Can’t wait to watch.