Dr. Reality Steve

“Reader Emails,”& “Dr. Reality Steve”

Well, after these first 8 emails, I think you can guess what the #1 asked question was this week. Here you go:

Steve,

Did the Rose ceremony really last until dawn the next day?!? Goodness.

Hi Steve! Long-time reader, first time emailer J

I was so confused last night, as the eliminated bachelorette’s were doing their goodbyes to the camera it looked like it was day light outside. Did they film them the next morning? If so, how did they work it with that other girl coming back in at the end of the rose ceremony?
_________________________________________________________

I am hoping that no one has asked this question already, although I am sure you have addressed this in past seasons, I am relatively new to your site and don’t have the time to go back and read all of your posts. My question is:

Why is it dark when all of the girls arrive in the limos, yet by the rose ceremony it is day light outside? At first I assumed that this was just really good lighting by the show… but even through the windows it seems like it is morning light coming through. Is it really possible that they were required to stay up all night filming? I could see it taking that long with that many girls, and if that is the case.. drunk or not I am pretty sure I would have been on the same boat as Tara.. those heels would have been off, and I would probably be doing some swaying myself if I wasn’t already completely passed out on the floor. Thanks so much, and I love your site!

Hello Steve,

Did they really film the first night ceremony till the wee hours of the morning. I noticed when they filmed the final girls confessions that the sun was starting to rise. How long did filming take place that day? 16+ hours? Is that even legal to work that long not only the contestants but the actual filming staff?

Steve,

Was the filming of the 1st night extraordinarily long? You notice as the girls that got kicked to the curb come out of the mansion to do their exit interview and the sunlight is starting to peek out. Is this how the first night normally goes, or did this one run long for some reason? No wonder Tara was so smashed she was probably drinking for 10-12 hours.

Hi Steve-

So you didn’t mention this in your column after the first episode but it’s something I noticed when watching. When they did the interviews with the girls who were let go it was light out, it appeared to be in the morning. I remember reading previously what you’ve written saying that the first evening & rose ceremony can go all night but this is the first time I’ve ever noticed it not still being dark outside when the eliminated women left the mansion. No wonder some of the gals (Tara) were hot messes if they spent that whole time drinking.

Hi Steve!

Totally agree with you on how unnecessary that red carpet was. It was kind of funny watching the Bachelor fam lurking in the background of the interviews and trying to be on camera.

Ok on to my question–Do you know how long filming typically goes for that first night? It was DAYLIGHT when the women were sent home and they looked washed up and exhausted! I know they delayed the 2nd batch of limos, but yikes.
_________________________________________________________

Hi Steve! Huge fan and looking forward to another season of your columns.

I may be going crazy, but it seemed to me like it was light outside after the first rose ceremony when the eliminated girls were leaving the mansion. However, it was definitely dark outside when the limos were pulling up to the mansion at the beginning of the night. I apologize if you’ve already answered this question!

Thanks.

Comment: I think a lot of you have short term memory when it comes to this show. Every first episode they’ve ever had, I remember it being lighter outside when some of the people are doing their exit interviews. This is nothing new. Happens every season. The first rose ceremony always goes until the wee hours of the morning. Especially with this season when the “Others” didn’t start arriving til midnight. There was no doubt it’d be light out by the time things finished up.

So yes, this happens every season, and contestants plus Chris Harrison have mentioned this numerous times throughout the years.

Hey RS,

After seeing the skin Bo shows on Instagram, she’s not all that different than Jade. Just my opinion.

Comment: Quite different actually. Bo might actually be showing a lot of skin, but she’s not posing nude. Plenty of women who’ve been on this show in the past (hell, you could probably say well over half) are models/actresses etc who had bikini pictures of themselves on the internet somewhere. Jade is the only contestant ever who had, not just topless pictures of herself online, but also bottomless. And for a major publication like Playboy. We’re dealing with two completely different animals here. I mean, look at all of Bo’s risqué-ish photos on her Instagram and then compare them to that link of Jade I included on the previous page, and tell me if you think that’s the same kind of modeling. Probably not.
_________________________________________________________

Do you know, or can you find out if there will be a reunion show of Season 5 with Nikki and JuanPablo? I understand there were reunion shows for past seasons. Would be interesting considering their ” relationship ” now. Thanks so much!!

Comment: Well, the last reunion show for “Couples Therapy” aired either the night before or the same night that this past season aired. So my guess would be when the next “Couples Therapy” airs, there might be a reunion show of this past season’s cast before it. But that’s just a guess.

Hi Steve,

I’m writing to ask you who Chris picks at the end. I looked on your website but was unable to find it. It’s my bad not yours. I’m Internet challenged. I’m not as interested in watching the play by play, but with your information it makes the bits and pieces of the show I do catch make sense. I love what you do for the viewers! I’m really appreciative of what you do.

Comment: Well, at least you admit you’re internet challenged. With that said, I think the last four columns I’ve posted I’ve included a link immediately to the final four breakdown, so I’m still not sure how you haven’t seen it. Here. Click this: Final four breakdown.
_________________________________________________________

Sorry people are giving you a hard time about the episode spoilers, dude. People who’ve known you for a lot longer than “Brad 2.0” don’t doubt your intel.

Besides, we’ve been reading you for the laughs all along…the people who bitch about your “sources”, whether you’re right or wrong, etc., are Johnny-come-latelys compared to us veteran readers. I liken them to the “Semi-Annual Christians”, folks who bother to show up only at Christmas and Easter, then immediately start complaining that all the good seats are already taken.

No worries!

Comment: I understand that. And I’m very well aware people are going to doubt every season. Once the finale airs and I’m vindicated again, all those people can do is come back the next season and say the same exact things they said every previous season. It’s a never ending cycle.

What readers tend to forget though is that there are new readers coming to my site every day and every season. Hence the reason I have to continuously keep posting links to the ending and referencing the spoilers.
_________________________________________________________

What’s up with the pregnancy test with farmer Chris?

Comment: Without knowing, I guarantee it’s not even a storyline this season. Nobody’s pregnant.
_________________________________________________________

Wow Chris garrison pushing and pushing to get Nikki to say bad things about Juan Pablo. She doesn’t really budge and give into him at all. What a bully! Lol

Comment: I know, right? How dare Chris Garrison do that. I wonder what John Pueblo thought of that. Lets hope he never has to do that with Chris Doules.
_________________________________________________________

Omg, you called it on the whitney voice, like she sucked helium. Drove me nuts in her quick intro, i’ll probably pluck my eyeballs out with a grapefruit spoon by the end of the season, lol

Comment: It’s really, really squeaky, isn’t it? Did you see her tweet yesterday? Hey, at least she’s owning up to it and not freaking out like plenty of other contestants do when being ridiculed on social media. This is about as well as you can handle it:

1. angelfish

January 8, 2015 at 11:57 AM

Whitney’s tweet is cute. Proves she either has a decent sense of humor, or a little snark in her soul. Good for her either way.

I’m a little confused on how Chris’ sisters would have gotten the “Jade is a Playboy-posing skank” info to him, unless they learned it from her during the makeover. Or did they just not like her & tell him to ditch her?

Too cold here in Florida to make sense of it, my brain is freezing…*LOL*

2. lcs85

January 8, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Just went and looked at episode one exit interviews from seasons 14-Current. Season 14 was the only other season where it was light outside during the exit interviews. Season 15 looked like the sun was just about to come out and 16-18 it was still dark out.

So no Steve, your readers don’t have short term memories. It is not like that every season.

January 8, 2015 at 1:38 PM

angelfish: yeah, I’m not sure either. The F4 Rose Ceremony is right after home towns. So, Chris would have been in THEIR home towns and wouldn’t have seen his family, right? I’m a little unclear whether The Bachelor is kept in total radio silence during the process (no cell phones, or at least monitored conversations), or whether (if there is radio silence) that eases for the F4/F3 as everyone is back state side. So, I gather what RS is saying is that a family member/friend could have called Chris after RS published the Jade pics/vids and told him that Jade is twirling her landing strip on camera…. and presumably that convo caused Chris to dump her.

4. kokopuff2144

January 8, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Oh Steve, either you knew this was coming or you called it exactly right: Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray have split. Saw it coming, especially Monday night when she was groping all over him and his body language wanted out of there ASAP. Good call!

5. angelfish

January 8, 2015 at 2:55 PM

And all the Nick Viall fans are dancing in the streets!

6. bazooka

January 8, 2015 at 3:44 PM

7. juicylipz29

January 8, 2015 at 4:14 PM

I knew they were not gonna last …and that interview they did on the red carpet had so many red flags. Next please

8. missannmcd

January 8, 2015 at 5:16 PM

I had a look at some of Jade’s photos and is it me or does anyone else think her vajay jay looks well used and even saggy? lol I’m over 50 and mine looks a lot prettier than that! rofl!

9. lcs85

January 8, 2015 at 7:25 PM

@Missannmcd Not all vulvas look alike. Some labia minoras are longer then the labia majoria. It has nothing to do with the amount of sex you’ve had. If that was the case I would think most 50 year olds would Be saggy.

Although I would think most 50 year olds are mature enough to use correct terminology for their body parts

10. Dianne

January 9, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Annnnnd..it’s official. Andi and Josh are done, done and done. Amazing how they kept it looking all hunky-dory on Monday, then 3 days later..boom!

11. keddo

January 9, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Last (3rd) Dr. Reality Steve letter writer:

Your request for complete honesty at all costs, including his thoughts about his romantic interest in other women was a completely bad idea. A much better request to make is that he never lie to you and that he never intentionally misleads you. If the two of you attend a Bible-preaching church, you know that all of us are by nature sinners and the only way for an otherwise mentally healthy Christian to make significant progress in fighting that is to regularly be in His Word and in prayer. THAT is the place for us to confess our temptations, especially if they don’t lead to an outward expression. It may also help for us to talk to a mature fellow Christian (of a gender that we are not romantically/sexually attracted to) to help us deal with this.

People who have been happily married for years or even decades still find themselves attracted to people other than their spouses. This is completely natural and is not in and of itself sinful. Sometimes this is fleeting, and sometimes it can be an attraction to a particular person that lasts for years. The key to dealing with this while remaining faithful is to NOT dwell on these thoughts when they happen, and to NEVER let these thoughts lead to an external expression that either the spouse or the object of attraction are aware of. To do otherwise at best leads to the kind of angst that you are experiencing, and at worst leads to infidelity and everything that flows out of that. By asking him about his attractions, you are forcing him to remember those feelings and to dwell on them, and are placing a stumbling block in front of his feet.

January 9, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Agree with all on Andi and Josh. Josh is not a very good actor. He was clearly uncomfortable and wanted to be somewhere else. While Andi, who also knew they were already done, was able to fake it up big, just like she did in her season. Boy, she really turned out to be a manipulative phony. It made for good TV during her season, but I’ll bet Josh had more than enough of it. Off camera I imagine she’d be intolerable. A phony, lawyer, wanna be celeb. If that not the holy trinity of awfulness, I don’t know what is.

January 9, 2015 at 12:27 PM

As for Chris, I think he’s a decent guy, but just because he Has money, that doesn’t mean he’s super sharp. He looked completely befuddled repeatedly on night one. I suspect this will be a theme throughout the show. He’s in way over his head. I don’t really mean this in a bad way. To really own the moment you have to be a straight up phony like Andi. He’s not that. I think he really believes he’ll find a wife and I hope he and Whitney will be very happy together.

14. missannmcd

January 9, 2015 at 7:32 PM

cs85 All I can say is ROFL! Yeah, like I’m gonna go around saying “labia minora” and “labia majoria”! Bwahahaha! Well, the proper naming for

15. lcs85

January 9, 2015 at 8:16 PM

@Missannmcd I was commenting on the fact that you needed to call it a “Vajay jay”. Seems like something a teenager who can’t say the proper name without giggling would say.

But then I also wouldn’t think a 50 year old would be slut shaming someone over something they can’t control. By 50 you probably have had enough sex to realize that your “vajay jay” doesn’t get saggy and stretched out from.

16. cjscjs711

January 9, 2015 at 8:43 PM

Looking at those pictures of Jade makes me feel sad for her that she did this. I think it’s going to close more doors for her than it will open because I don’t think she’s very good at this. Granted, the photographer may not be the best, not very good, but she herself is not sexy at all in most of them. Looks very posed, forced, and canned.

17. Sunnyside422

January 11, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Bet despite his adoration of Andi, bet Josh and and his family just could not get passed her “test driving” Nick as well as Josh. Not a supporter of all three of them, so not surprised they failed…and even sooner than those media hounds Juanny and his now former big boobed idiot girlfriend!

Agree that even though Chris may be wealthy, his family has the money also so he may not be the sharpest knife in the box. Definitely picked the most unattractive girl out of all he had to choose from.