Bachelorette Kaitlyn Spoilers

Daily Links 3/24 Including Who is Britt Dating, the Kaitlyn Rumors, and Pics/Videos from Thursday’s Group Date

Daily Links 3/24

-I’m sure you all saw Chris last night on DWTS. Ummmm, not so good. Much better in Week 1. And his scores reflected it. You could tell Chris was pretty bummed at what happened last night because frankly everyone was better than him. Fear not, at least he gets to dance with the “other” Witney every week. He sat down with E! to see how good he is at telling the two of them apart. Way to not screw it up Chris, although I was waiting for the “Who’s better in bed?” question. Wasn’t asked unfortunately.

-Is there a reason why comic books can take liberties with certain stories and do whatever they want? I mean, really? The “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” killed Donatello recently. What?!!! How dare they! If this is some “fake death” I’ll be very upset. And oh yeah, I’ve never read a comic book in my life, nor will I ever. I think I’m speaking to the .000001% of males that actually do. Get out of your mom’s basement and actually socialize with a female. You’ll feel better about yourself, I promise.

-In case you weren’t paying attention to their intro package last night, Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson played dumb when asked about their romantic relationship. Hey guys, nobody believes you aren’t banging each other. Just stop.

-Taylor Swift is raging mad. Ok, maybe she’s not that mad, but some SAT prep test screwed up her lyrics. I remember how much SAT prep courses never helped me, so this should be of no surprise. Granted, I didn’t really try and barely studied, but still. Now, if they would’ve botched the lyrics to “Blank Space,” I think I would’ve even started to raise a little hell. And don’t tell me she doesn’t say “Starbucks lovers” because I won’t listen to you.

-This is sad. The woman who played director of CTU in Season 4 of “24”, Alberta Watson, has died at the age of 60. Granted, I was not pleased with her when she fired Jack from field ops only to basically re-hire him within the first hour of that season starting because her team was so incompetent without him, I eventually forgave her. RIP Erin Driscoll. You were the worst director of CTU ever.

-One thing we can all count on in the “Bachelor” franchise among many, is that most of the females who appear on the show will eventually either:

A) start pimping products on Twitter and/or Instagram or,
B) start giving makeup/hair tips via YouTube

Ashley I. has joined the club. She gave “Bachelor” blogger the Possessionista a tutorial on how to get the Kim Kardashian look. Oh boy.

-Don’t ever tell me “Sharknado” is stupid. It’s not. It’s genius. And I can’t wait til “Sharknado 3” comes out this summer. You should be anxiously awaiting too. David Hasselhoff sure is because anything he can get a paycheck from can pay for his next cheeseburger he eats off the floor. That’s a big deal to him.

-“Survivor” eliminatees Max and Lindsey had their conference calls with the media last week after getting the boot. Max is still the biggest superfan ever and Lindsey still seems bitter about getting outplayed. It’s ok.

-Wherever you are right now in your life, I want you to stop for a moment and take a look at this story. This story of a young 17 year old girl who scrapped and clawed her way to make a name for herself in the entertainment industry to where now she can purchase a $2.7 million mansion for herself. That girl is Kylie Jenner and we can now all go shoot ourselves.

-Uma Thurman and Andre Balazs were getting cozy in St. Barts recently, and paparazzi weren’t disgusted enough so they took pics of it. So this is what old horny people do to each other, huh? They nibble on each other’s ears? I think I lost my appetite.

-Apparently the reason that Rob Kardashian made that tweet the other day about Kim being like Rosamund Pike’s character from “Gone Girl” is because he’s depressed and lonely. Although some are still claiming it was just a joke, I think those in the know understand when you’re the black sheep in the family, you’re probably going to lash out on occasion. This is one of those times.

-For the love of all things Tami Taylor, this seems to be a bit of a stretch. Connie Britton has signed on to play the role of Nicole Brown Simpson’s best friend, Faye Resnick, in an upcoming TV event on FX “American Crime Story” which will be about the trial of OJ Simpson. Doesn’t seem like a role that’ll fit her, but whatever. Miss Coach Taylor can do no wrong in my book.

-Little League World Series phenom Mo’ne Davis had some douchebag tweet out one of the more hateful things you can say about someone, let alone a 12 year old girl. What an embarrassment. He absolutely should’ve been booted off his team. However Mo’ne handled it all in stride and even
forgave the guy, which makes her look even 1000 times better than she already does. All class.

-If I didn’t have Facebook, I would’ve never known that yesterday was “National Puppy Day.” Sorry I didn’t post anything about Maddie, but I figured you people have seen enough of her over the years. I got something better for you. This dog struggling mightily with catching his food. Classic.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. coffeeinchicago

March 24, 2015 at 8:52 AM

Not even remotely surprised about Britt and Brady. Totally each other’s type. Makes complete sense.

Based on the bios we have, I think Clint is most Kaitlyn’s type. My vote is on him to win it.

2. veno

March 24, 2015 at 9:41 AM

So happy for Britt, seriously i think she’s been through enough drama of jealous girls at the mansion and viewers who think they know her. Her and Brady seem like the perfect fit can’t wait to see their story Hope it works out for them.

And I hope she goes back to pursuing her acting carebecause I saw some of her work on the internet and she’s talented.
    Also Ashleigh I said that Kaitlyn was not happy to be sharing the spotlight with Britt but I hope she gets over that and enjoys her season because she is after all the bachelortte. Wish both girls all the best

3. raefae23

March 24, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Donatello?! Nooooooooo!

March 24, 2015 at 9:53 AM

I’m not going to defend the douche’s comment about Mo’ne Davis. Calling a 12 year old girl a b*tch is never OK, and on social media? That’s moronic. There is some context that plays into this that has completely been missed. There has been a trend the last few years where amazing female players aren’t content playing against other females that they dominate. So, they move over to play on guys teams, often at older ages. At 12 years old, Mo’ne Davis is playing largely with pre pubescent boys, and that can work pretty well. But what happens when the boys start to get massive infusions of testosterone…. Well, the physical gap between boys and girls widens. So, when a Female High School softball phenom moves over to play baseball against the boys…. Let’s just say, there is a lot of hype about it, but it never lives up to the hype. So, the boys end up resenting the girl because she gets play time at the expense of a better guy player. This happens more than you think. I have a friend who is a starter in college baseball that, in HS during His senior year, had to sit on the bench a few times in favor of one of these “phenoms”. No, she wasn’t good. The press loves the story, the fans love the story, the school administrators love it, but the players and their parents seethe at the favoritism. Coaches are pressured into playing them. So, players are automatically going to feel negatively about girls playing baseball. I’m betting that undercurrent led to that ill advised tweet.

Again, it’s not a defensible tweet and Mo’ne legitimately starred on the Jackie Robinson LL team playing at a 12 year old level. It’s just that the trend of girls playing with the guys, mainly in HS, for the reasons mentioned above, is not popular among players. It just goes to show why Social Media is dangerous. If that player had made that comment in the locker room to his buddies. No problem, and every player would understand the context in which it was made…. And some would have even told him that was kind of a douchey comment to make about a 12 year old girl who is showing legit skills. But it would have ended there. On Social Media, the comment is out there with no context, it can be retweeted, and it can go viral…. And it never ends. Even deleting it doesn’t help. To me, social media is like playing with a flame thrower. You’re better off leaving it alone so you don’t hit the button and find your leg has just been burned off.

5. fcew

March 24, 2015 at 9:58 AM

I hope all the best for Britt and Brady. I also hope this means less Britt cry-face on my TV.

If this lasts long enough, it means no Britt on BIP too….

6. klm390

March 24, 2015 at 10:17 AM

I really don’t hate Kaitlyn, but there is something about her that seems off to me. I’m sure she’s a cool girl, but I get the feeling that she’s really just in this for the experience and potential of good exposure. I know the majority of bachelor/ette’s come on this show for the same reason, but at least most of them are somewhat believable. I just don’t buy it. This alleged firefighter boyfriend is probably just bitter. With how religious and sensitive Britt is, I feel like she would be at least more believable. She would be like the more emotional female version of Sean. Anyhow, I hope her relationship with Brady isn’t producer driven because she deserves some positivity after all the unnecessary hate.

7. diora

March 24, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Is anyone else getting a private message on the guy’s videos? The last photo of Ben has a Josh thing going on. I agree that Clint seems like a good match for Kaitlyn. Happy for Britt, as Brady clearly was in it for only her. Wishing them all the best of luck.

8. angelfish

March 24, 2015 at 10:51 AM

@rob22,
    He called Mo’ne a slut, not a bitch. That makes a HUGE difference to most women. And all the excuses and background “reasons” in the world are meaningless in relation to what he said about that young lady.

I hope any young man with the same feelings takes this as a cautionary tale of using impulse control. Because life has never been fair and it never will be.

9. thatguy181

March 24, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Man… I still remember being excited to wake up on Saturday mornings as a kid to catch the latest episode of TMNT… I tried the comics out a few times, but they were always so dark in comparison to the TMNT I fell in love with 😛 And not even killed by Shredder? Killed off by Bebop and Rocksteady?! The underlings?! RIP comic-Donatello. You got screwed.

I’d still rather NOT see anymore Britt, but I imagine she and her date will at least tough it out until after the show has aired so they can cash in on the added publicity.

10. cjscjs711

March 24, 2015 at 11:22 AM

This sounds like great news about Britt! I’m somewhat familiar with the guy’s story and he seems absolutely perfect for Britt. He grew up in a town not far from where I live (has a gorgeous church on the Crow River), and he has really worked hard for the fame he has. He tours a LOT and does tons of concerts all over the US and world. If it works out, I think Britt would really enjoy being onstage and connecting with the audience, if he could work her into the concert. She really seemed in her element at the Big and Rich concert, even though she wasn’t familiar with the genre.

If you glance back over the years at Britt’s Instagram, she seems to have always been a Christian, big time. The guy Brady seems kinda on the socially conservative side, but to be on this show…..

Anyway, Britt seems so much better suited to this role than “the Bachelorette.” I don’t doubt she’d cry (maybe a lot) sending guys home, and I’m not sure how cool she’d be with the Fantasy Suite and 3-4 guys if she were in love with one of them. Hope it works out for her!

March 24, 2015 at 11:33 AM

@angelfish: whichever term the idiot used, it was inexcusable. My main point, which was probably lost, is that people are going to have all kinds of opinions for various reasons. Putting them out there in social media just holds people up to ridicule. Everyone makes stupid comments in life, sometimes incredibly stupid comments. With social media, those opinions are going to be spread around beyond your best 3 buddies who will give you a pass. I’m just saying that I don’t get why people post ANYTHING on social media. It’s like playing with a grenade. It wasn’t my intention to justify what this idiot said, no matter why he said it. I hope I made that clear. I was just saying that he probably had a negative opinion of females playing baseball for which he had a “reason”. To him. To, perhaps, a lot of baseball players. Everyone has a reason for the dumb things they say. Doing it on Social Media just exposes them to the blow back. You can’t take it back once you post it either & no apology is going to help.

12. angelfish

March 24, 2015 at 11:35 AM

According to his website, Brady is going to be touring Australia in April, so if Britt visits him there during, that could help make up for the lack of International travel in Chris’ season.

At this point, I’m more interested in Britt updates than in Kaitlyn updates. But of course, I’ll read them all! 🙂

13. angelfish

March 24, 2015 at 11:43 AM

@rob22,
    Absolutely agree. And restraint is such a difficult concept to explain to a younger person that’s been on the Internet all of their lives, in one form or another. Back in the day, if you were frustrated about something, you’d storm into your room, slam the door, punch a pillow then call your best friend on the phone to gripe. And that’s usually as far as it went.

Now the consequences of expressing that same frustration can be complete ridicule, lost future opportunities, humiliation for your family and world-wide condemnation from complete strangers.

You just can’t un-ring that bell.

14. tgp51

March 24, 2015 at 12:02 PM

I’d like to be a fly on a cow and see how star struck CS is transitioning back to sititng on a tractor for “14 a day” or so he says he does. His dad must be like “get home and help plant the corn already”

15. cjscjs711

March 24, 2015 at 1:08 PM

@tgp51 We’ve had big snow in the midwest. Just as I’d started working my garden this week we had 5 inches of snow! Seeing Chris’s competition last night on DWTS, he’ll likely be voted off well in time for spring planting.

@angelfish – Ya, checked his tour dates just now. He’s still on the roster for Taree and Easterfest 3 days in Australia. Searched for photos of the recent concerts in Australia but couldn’t find any at all that showed anybody, including not him. Hope it goes well for Britt. This looks so good for her. These concerts he’s doing in Australia are all free, public concerts and some of the churches look small so doubt they’re paying his expenses.

16. cjscjs711

March 24, 2015 at 1:18 PM

BTW, Steve, great job on ferreting this one out! This revelation – the more I think about it, the more it smooths my ruffled feathers.

17. angelfish

March 24, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Hopefully when news of this development filters out, people will calm the hell down with all the aggressive social media activity for and against both Kaitlyn & Britt.

Britt gets a cute guy that specifically wants to date her and Kaitlyn gets her Bachelorette experience (almost) all to herself.

18. justforfun

March 24, 2015 at 2:10 PM

Britt and Brady look like a good fit on paper. They have the whole Christian thing in common, and are both “performers” or artists if you consider Britt’s acting an art. Is that enough for a successful relationship? Guess we will find out.
    I was glad to hear about this. Now maybe the rabid Britt fans will chill out.
    Chris looked so bad last night on DWTS. Guess he can kiss that gig goodbye.

19. heliofan

March 24, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Wow! That one guy really does look like Peter Brady!!

March 24, 2015 at 3:52 PM

OK, the whole Britt thing. Again, the whole thing having both Britt & Kaitlyn was to generate ratings & likely caused by the Team Britt vs. Team Kaitlyn bs, so they decided not to decide & had both. This generated tons of interest. So far, so good. Well, if Britt is gone after Day 1 of the show, well, there’s the nutty Team Britt people who are pissed. So, now what? Well, they give Britt something to do. And the guy? If the producer asked someone who probably voted for Britt, hey, dude, what if we just trashed the whole Bachelorette thing & you get to date Britt exclusively instead of someone you’re not interested in & have almost no shot at with 25 other guys? Oh, and we’ll record it & you’ll still be on the show, just not competing with anyone else. Ding, ding, ding. “Hell yes I’m up for that”. What idiot wouldn’t say yes to dating Britt and getting their 15 minutes of fame guaranteed. Hey Britt, instead of us dumping you as originally planned after an orchestrated vote against you…. because Team Kaitlyn is a lot bigger with our demographic….. how about you date this good looking guy over here and we’ll sort of follow you around….. a little bit maybe, so your 15 minutes gets extended….. what do you think? “So, you dump me, or I can choose to date a hot guy & stay on the show?” “Yes”. “Ummm…. duh, yeah!”

So, The Bachelor has outdone themselves manufacturing this little story line. Will Britt & Brady marry? Of course not. But, when you think about it, there is so much dead space & filler in the two hour show, who knows what kind of time they might give them. And, I think that, sorry Team Kaitlyn, this is going to be a snoozer season. There’s certainly time to check in with Britt every week if they want to, especially if the guys and Kaitlyn are deadly boring. Britt & Brady can be their Plan B if Plan A is looking like it’s losing audience. We’ll see how long they hang on.

21. hattiebloom

March 24, 2015 at 4:04 PM

I hope Britt finds whatever she is looking for because I’m not convinced even she knows. Based on her looks, I’m guessing she hasn’t had to work very hard at developing her personality and so has chosen the persona she would like to portray. It seems so phony and forced to me, but call me a cynic – I don’t buy it for a minute.

Good luck to Brady. The guy will be in a never ending cycle of trying to fill a bottomless pit.

22. anonime

March 24, 2015 at 4:27 PM

@hattiebloom “based on her looks…”.
    I’d hate to be a good looking woman with you on the jury.

23. cjscjs711

March 24, 2015 at 5:08 PM

@anonime I had to laugh at your comment re “Based on her looks, I’m guessing she hasn’t had to work very hard at developing her personality and so has chosen the persona she would like to portray.” When I was younger, beautiful, and a NY model I used to encounter prejudicial imaginings about my prior life experiences being easy (haha) but it will happen… lines, bags start appearing and then no one assumes you’ve had anything handed to you, ever, based on looks.

A person has to ignore the imaginings – it comes with the territory. Which will disappear one day. 🙂

24. justforfun

March 24, 2015 at 8:11 PM

@Hattie bloom – your comments made me laugh! I also agree with you. Based on what I viewed of her tv persona, Britt seems very immature for her age. Who knows though, maybe she has a personality that she doesn’t show to the public. All I see is a pretty, devout Christian woman that doesn’t know what she wants to be when she grows up. I doubt she really knows what she wants in a life partner, which doesn’t bode well for anyone that dates her.

25. angelfish

March 25, 2015 at 5:17 AM

@justforfun,
    Interesting that your description of Britt seems to also exactly fit Becca. Yet scores of her fans seemed to think those things were a positive rather than a negative.

It’s all perception.

26. betsy602

March 25, 2015 at 2:27 PM

BUT! If Britt is dating Brady, what will poor Chris Harrison do ?!? Who will come along to keep him entertained during travel?!?

27. fcew

March 25, 2015 at 7:05 PM

@angelfish the MASSIVE difference between Becca and Britt is Britt’s over emotional flair for the dramatic, and Becca’s utter and complete lack of drama.

Also, Becca seems to know what she wants, she just hasn’t found it yet. She has her values and morals and she is going to stick to them, come hell or high water.

But Britt, Britt is one of those girls that “OMG I LOVE whatever it is my boyfriend loves” and changes her interests to suit who she’s dating at the time. I’m specifically thinking of that line she gave to Chris outside the hockey rink about “reinventing herself” and “that lifestyle being something she could try”. And how she loved Big and Rich, even though she had told the girls that she hated country…

28. illylover

March 26, 2015 at 11:28 AM

This is so sweet about Britt. When I read the few bios that were shared I thought ‘huh’ when I saw Brady’s. He definitely seemed to me like a Britt kind of guy.

So here’s my big guess – Britt is going to go to Australia! Because Brady has a concert tour in Australia that starts 4/1/2015. Which also makes me think that this was the gig for Britt all along. How could Brady be filming The Bachelorette, now, when he’s supposed to be performing at Easterfest in Toowoomba Australia, starting April 1?

The romantic in me would love to see love blossom for Britt and Brady with the lovely background music provided by the melodious and talented Brady.

29. catd

March 27, 2015 at 9:27 AM

@cjscjs711 “Dance instructor/rapper Kaitlyn – gee, I wonder what motivated her to be in this……. Surely it was to find a husband….. And if all she wanted was to become a US citizen, there are easier ways than this.”

I’m sorry to break it to you but it isn’t every Canadian’s dream to become a US citizen.

30. catd

March 27, 2015 at 9:38 AM

Is it just me or does that Brady guy look an awful lot like Graham Bunne from Deanna’s season and BIP. I mean, A LOT.

Also, thank god he is dating Britt. And I mean that in a totally ironic, I’m actually agnostic, kind of way. Singers are always the worst on this show. Except Wes. He was awesome. Also I don’t think I could’ve sat through a season of, Will she? or Won’t she?

…take a bath? Seriously. My heart could not take it.

Two birds.