The Bachelorette 12 - JoJo

(EXCLUSIVE) Grant Kemp and Jordan Rodgers Exes Speak Out

Photo Credit: ABC

So we’ll first start off with the timeline of Grant’s exes. This guy is seriously a piece of work. Holy crap. How he managed to pull all this off I have no idea. The funny thing is, I’ve heard all three girls have since spoken since this all came up and shared stories. Neither of them is mad at any of the other ones, but they feel other women should at least know about the “real” Grant Kemp. I thank Ex #1, Ex #2’s aunt, and Jen’s friend for their help.

______________________________________________________________

This first email is from Ex #1, who wished to remain anonymous…

******* ****** <*********@hotmail.com>
May 24th 12:04am

To: steve@realitysteve.com

Hey Reality Steve,

Just read an article online about the bachelorette contestant Grant Kemp and how you received an email about him dumping his gf who is a bravo producer to be in bachelorette. He is SCUM! Long before his most recent ex and his previous engagement he was an unemployed EMT student selling steroids in the Bay Area. I met him at a bar and our relationship began. We met in March/April of 2009 right after he turned 21. We started dating then and on Halloween 2009 he moved to SoCal with me and we got an apartment together. Cheated on me left and right and left me for someone he ended up getting engaged to, obviously that didn’t work. FYI. Know it has already has been filmed but he is scum of the earth and a pathological liar.

He definitely left me for the girl he got engaged to. I believe her name is ****** *********. Last last spelling could be off a little. Anyways scum! He would fight with my mom in yelling matches, not come home at night, I’d find messages from girls saying “did we have sex that night?” Worst two years of my life! And he was hiding so much. I’d find vials of steroids and needles in the cabinets he thought I couldn’t reach, he’d not come home at night, for being kicked out of the OC fire academy and lied for weeks like he was going. On Halloween we went to my friends house for a party and he hooked up with my freaking classmate in the bathroom and when I got back to school the next week everyone knew but me! Another time, I even caught him flirting with a woman at a bar across the street from where we lived. I walked in to see him getting her phone number. His “Most Embarrassing Moment” from the Bachelorette page was earned that night… you’re welcome for slapping you Grant.

As far as the timeline goes, eventually he moved out and said he wanted to start over living apart but dating me. We obviously had a lot of problems but he rented a room in November 2010 but we were very much together at the end of November, as we spent Thanksgiving together in SF. In December, I moved out of our apartment and he moved me into an apartment with my girlfriends, stating he still wanted to work things out. He even got me a diamond ring, I think as a ploy to distract me from all the crap he was doing. Then up and dumped me by Christmas, blocked me from everything, and told me he was happily dating someone he loved. Who I’m pretty positive was ******. Bet she didn’t know he had a girlfriend he lived with at the time. But hey, some things never change. A warning needs to go out to all women he may connect with, especially with the BIP rumors. He is a charmer and a pretty convincing pathological liar. I mean he has to be to dupe smart, independent women like myself, Jen, ******, and JoJo. And no, I’m not some bitter ex gf. I just think women need to stand up for each other and support one another against a man who lacks a moral compass.
______________________________________________________________

Ex #2 doesn’t want to be identified by name either. But I can tell you I spoke to her aunt, and Ex #2 met Grant for the first time on Dec. 18th, 2010. They got engaged on her birthday August 8th, 2013.

On Dec. 19th, 2014, Grant (while still engaged) met Jen (Ex #3) on flight from Atlanta to San Francisco. He never told Jen he was still engaged to Ex #2 during their time on the plane. He officially broke up and called off the engagement with Ex #2 after meeting Jen, right after the New Year of 2015.
______________________________________________________________

As for Jen (Ex #3), I posted an email I received from her best friend in the May 25th column. It was from April 15th informing me about how Grant and Jen came about…

“Hi Steve,

I’m torn between letting karma work it’s magic and selling out a total fake. Since this email is in your inbox, I have chosen the latter. There goes my karma.

My best friend met Grant Kemp on a plane in 2014. Flight 268 (take note). They were both traveling back to San Francisco for the holidays and he ditched his family in the front of the line to sit next to her. She called me the second she got off the plane and told me all about their conversations, their hilarious flight attendant, and the make out session that ensued during the last hour of the trip. I told her this sounded like it was straight out of a movie.

He pursued her like crazy and soon enough a romance blossomed. Shortly thereafter, I was convinced my best friend had found the one. He was a kind soul, understood her sophisticated sense of humor, and made quick friends with her inner circle.

It takes girls like Jen a long time to find the right person to date. She’s gorgeous, incredibly funny, and has a successful career as a reality tv producer (Ironic right?).

Jen was highly critical of his “body building career” when they first started dating and encouraged him to get out of it due to possible steroid usage and his body image issues. Over time it morphed into the pursuit of a “modeling career,” which I am convinced he is paying money out of his own pocket for (think of Barbizon- also check out all the “followers” he has on instagram. They’re robots, Steve!! Robots! He must pay for them or something.) Not to mention the “agencies” he has listed on his IG, which are either out of business or fake all together… Despite all that, Jen was a supportive girlfriend and it seemed they were in it for the long run. Over the summer he GOT A TATTOO OF THEIR FLIGHT # IN ROMAN NUMERALS ON HIS ARM. Wonder how he explains that on the show… I attached a pic I took with them that day:

GrantJen

He spent thanksgiving, christmas and new years with her and her family and by this point he was constantly talking engagement, kids, family etc. I mean, if this pic doesn’t scream “I love Jen” I don’t know what does!

At the very end of January, Grant abruptly broke up with Jen – OVER THE PHONE while she was out of town filming another show. He gave little to no information as to why they were breaking up and canceled a trip to see her to speak about it in person. He just left her in the dark.

Jen had a feeling something else was up considering there were no signs of problems in the relationship- Cut to her texting me a few weeks ago saying, “You’re going to think I’m crazy, but I think Grant is on The Bachelorette.” With a little digging she got to the bottom of it and what do you know- Grant Kemp, firefighter from San Francisco, here to FIND love! That’s odd… he already had love!

The creepiest part is that Grant met all the Bachelor producers through Jen over the summer while she was working with them on a different dating show.

Prior to February, Grant had a separate/normal instagram and fb page (covered in photos of him and Jen), but he deleted it once he got on the show. If you look at Jen’s page (@jen.not.jenn)- you can see she’s a genuine person and that she was very much in love with this guy. I’m sure Jojo already realized his reasons for going on the show having sent him packing already, but I hope he’s happy with the sacrifice he made to fulfill his lifelong aspiration in life: gaining more instagram followers!

What a time to be alive.

-Jen’s Friend”
_________________________________________________________________

So in case you lost track of the timeline, it goes like this…

-Ex #1 meets Grant in 2009, they move in together later that year, and are still together on Thanksgiving of 2010. Having problems, beginning of December she moves out with friends, he meets Ex #2 on Dec. 19th, and by Christmas, Ex #1 is history. Dumps her, blocks all communications, never speaks to her again.

-Ex #2 immediately begins her relationship with Grant, and they get engaged on her birthday in August of 2013. While still engaged, on a flight Dec. 19th 2014, Grant meets Jen on a plane, doesn’t tell her he’s engaged, and they begin a relationship. Grant dumps Ex #2 within the next couple weeks, calling off the engagement in the beginning of 2015 after he’s already been seeing Jen.

-Jen is with Grant all of 2015 and in to 2016, having even met the Bachelor producers while with Jen since she works in reality TV. Right around the middle of January, he starts being distant, breaks up with her over the phone when she’s out of town, and next thing you know, he’s at casting weekend for the “Bachelorette.”

Does anyone sense a pattern here? Safe to say anyone that Grant Kemp meets should probably have their guard up, like, forever. I mean, this guy could fall in love in line at Starbucks with that track record regardless of if he’s with someone or not. He ended an engagement and lied about it to a girl he met on a plane. Wouldn’t be the first guy to lie to a girl about being engaged/married, and certainly won’t be the last. But on a show like this (and like BIP), where the whole premise is to meet and hopefully fall in love with someone, don’t you think someone would want to know this stuff about Grant beforehand? I’d say so. Probably not a guy you want to get seriously involved with at all, but again, maybe whoever is with him next can convince themselves that they’re the one who’ll change him. Uh huh. And if you want any more particular details, I’d be glad to give them to you.

1. sarajuliet

June 14, 2016 at 10:30 AM

I guess this illustrates the ultimate problem of dating without being in reality — phones, internet, knowing friends, etc. Thanks for sharing, I hope JoJo thinks and starts to question her reality a little bit…

2. nsawyer10

June 14, 2016 at 11:40 AM

I have to say I feel kind of naive for being shocked that Jordan has been back on this dating app AFTER filming. You would think he’d lay low until at least ATFR!

3. samkwa

June 14, 2016 at 12:09 PM

I don’t mean to be offensive, but I have yet to see what is so charming about Jordan (or Grant) on the show. When Jojo asked Jordan for validation at the pool party, she was eating up his response without hesitation. To me, he responded like a high schooler without an ounce of genuine intent. I’m not an old/wise soul. I’m in my 20’s. The only thing I can think of is that these women, including Jojo, are drawn in by his name and what they believe to be his status. But maybe I’m too realistic and/or judgmental so I don’t get it.

4. yellowcrayon

June 14, 2016 at 1:15 PM

Some of the stuff you’ve heard about the people on that list is “scary” but you can’t tell us? Come on, Steve.

5. yellowcrayon

June 14, 2016 at 1:31 PM

I hope you didn’t wake the bad-boy player sympathizers. Anyone who leads another person or multiple people to believe something when it’s nothing but an ego-boost is a d-bag. Screw around if you want to lead that single life, just be honest about it. Don’t screw with people emotionally.

6. chrisoulaf

June 14, 2016 at 1:32 PM

Shocker!? Are people really surprised that a very attractive Vanderbilt scholar is playing the field? His own father was taped saying that Jordan was clearly out to land a sports commentator gig and that was when Caila was supposed to be the Bachelorette. I found the emails comical – he didn’t do anything that most hot guys in their twenties do. Where’s the bombshell?

7. thisshow

June 14, 2016 at 1:56 PM

Welp. It sure will be comical on ATFR either way.

8. angelfish

June 14, 2016 at 2:00 PM

I have to agree that in the general scheme of life events, a couple of guys cheating on some gullible girls is pretty commonplace. And the girls (and yes, I use that term deliberately) that kept taking them back just proved that they would take anything, if the guy was attractive.

People treat us the way we ALLOW them to treat us. Each of those girls made their choices. I really can’t dredge up much sympathy for any of these people, as that’s going out to the folks in Orlando right now.

9. purplerayne

June 14, 2016 at 4:48 PM

Its sad that the behavior of Grant and Jordan is not so shocking to me. Ive had THREE friends within past few years that have all had the guys who they were seriously dating, either admit they were married, engaged OR getting engaged. You would think in the age of social media these guys would be afraid to live double lives, but nope, douche bags have zero fear.

No, i dont think any of these girls are to blame. yes, they failed to read the signs and ignored obvious red flags because of love/lust/desperation, BUT that doesnt mean they deserved what they got. In the end, if you ask a guy point blank if the two of you are exclusive and he says yes, you have no choice but to believe him and try to make it. Its unfortunate that we have to be so skeptical of everything and everyone.

Losing a bit of respect for Jojo based on who her final two are. The type of guy she is attracted doesn scream commitment. to She’s either not ready to be married and is doing this just for fame OR she’s naive, in which case, she definitely shouldnt be gettting married. Cant feel sorry for her. She had opportunity to research Jordan prior to the show and was blinded by his abs and potentially high profile status.

10. cd12

June 14, 2016 at 5:02 PM

I don’t think the emailers asked for sympathy. I am however glad they came forward. Their choices, their lives. I also do not sympathize with Jojo as it was clear she honed in on the “famous” one. It is even more apparent to me they were in contact prior to filming. I guess Jojo shouldn’t have played games with her ex Chad only to dump him when she got the gig. Now that these exes have thrown a wrench into things, I wonder if the showmance carries on, or tptb plan a breakup special.

11. Serpephone

June 14, 2016 at 5:11 PM

y’all girls are funny… I been there done that… and that type of guy NEVER changes! (YES CAPS LOCK)… there are people on many levels and angles… but if you really and honestly are looking for a long term kinda guy, you gotta BE MORE SELECTIVE… playas be playin… (yes, even my brazenly handsome son…)

12. kimmyfromdablock

June 14, 2016 at 5:27 PM

I logged, read the headline and immediately set up for some juicy gossip.

Instead what I found was a kind of she said/she said that doesn’t really interest me.

Why would you trust any guy who goes on this show anyway? There are maybe 2 or 3 guys/girls on any one season who are there for legitimate reasons.

BORING…….

13. cjscjs711

June 14, 2016 at 7:28 PM

First notice Steve seems to assume JoJo is serious about this guy. If the stories about her ex-Chad are true, she and Jordan may be like two peas in a pod. If she’s in this to build her brand, how sad if she were to choose a Right Reasons guy. He would be hurt just like Whitney was by Cris Soules.

Typical dbag stories that come from these bar or online dating scenarios. Typical easy come easy go. That’s why I always advise friends who are seeing whereabouts red flags, erratic calling patterns not to waste any more time if girl wants a family and marriage. Dating does NOT get easier with age as more and more of the good guys get snapped up in marriage. Like in musical chairs, don’t dally too long…

Maybe hope she can get her exChad back. We don’t know enough about her real situation to give good advice though.

June 15, 2016 at 7:54 AM

I largely agree with Kimmy. The one thing that was a bit juicy was the alleged fact that Jordan supposedly reactivated his online dating account & started looking around. But, no screen shots are provided (that would have been something) with an explanation that screen shots would get them banned. Maybe. I don’t know how this all works, but I’m not sure an app would have the ability to even know when a screen shot had been taken. Feels a little fishy. You’d have to fully trust that there is more info that wasn’t revealed that would validate this accusation.

Anyway, it turns into a she said/he can’t say type of thing. Very one sided. Someone with an ax to grind, say an ex-gf (oh, they’re never bitter), could say whatever they wanted. There are always two sides to any story and we’re only getting one side.

So, I’m not saying that Jordan and Grant aren’t players or saying they’re great guys. Grant certainly had some overlap of his long term relationships and ended them poorly. But, truth be told, isn’t that the case with most long term relationships that end? They start going downhill & then one, or both, find someone else. Pretty garden variety stuff. I don’t condone the lying, of course. The only “right” way to deal with a breakup is to actually breakup first before exploring anything else. But truly how many relationships ending are that pure? Even then, will the ex really feel a lot better that they got dumped “honestly”? Probably they’d still feel like they were blindsided & would still be bitter. I don’t recall too many “ideal” breakups that I experienced. They were just different levels of bad. There were always hurt feelings & drama.

I accept that Rajahs is a player & is a terrible boyfriend. I don’t see anything long term with JoJo and him. I think that’s pretty obvious. But, on this show, is that really news at this point? It’s not like this show attracts a lot of boy scouts and real love stories. And the show is built around drama and conflict with a fake love story construct to hold everything together. Yawn. Either there’s not much there or RS is holding back on the good stuff.

15. medavinci

June 17, 2016 at 9:02 AM

Sorry but they are both creepy and Jordan looks so gay!