The Bachelorette 12 - JoJo

Photo Credit: ABC

Email #3

****<*************@gmail.com>
May 23 at 9:00 PM

To: steve@realitysteve.com

Hi Steve,

As an avid fan of the show, before heading to my viewing party this evening, I wanted to check your episode by episode break down.

Imagine my shock when before I even get to the Episode 1 break down, you say it was obvious who she picks from the beginning, and talk about the opening scenes… Including JORDAN RODGERS!!!

I am currently on Raya, an “exclusive” dating app that requires submission and approval and had a waiting list of thousands where most of the eligible bachelors include actors, musicians, and athletes. This is where Jordan comes in. We matched before what I’m not assuming is his time on the show. He told me he lived in Nashville, and we met up at the SuperBowl in SF. We continued talking until a few months ago, when I found out he matched with another friend of mine and slept with her after a couple ‘dates’ (more of a couple nights out at the bar). I never text him back after that.

Now that I’m hearing he had a girlfriend before he left. I wish I would have screenshot our convos, but on Raya, if you screenshot a profile or a message, you get one warning before you’re kicked off of the app and banned for life. I wish there was screening to protect people from scumbags like Jordan Rodgers. I’m sure if you put out a requests for screenshots of people’s convos with him on Raya, they will exist. He had since deleted his profile and his disappeared from my messages, but I know someone had some on their phone somewhere. And the dates will show since his return. Dating around is one thing, making a mockery of your now very public fiancé is another.

What a DOUCHE.

I emailed this person back that night and they got back to me three days later explaining more of her, and her friend’s, “relationship” with Jordan…

****<*************@gmail.com>
May 26 at 12:57 PM

To: Steve

Hi Steve,

My timeline of events with Jordan is limited because it was such a short window of time when he didn’t come off as a creep. He sent my friends and I similar messages on Raya with almost identical pick up lines, would message us all to hang out simultaneously, and liked to pretend he had big things coming down the pipeline during almost every conversation. He has NO IDEA we were all friends and comparing messages almost daily in our group chat. Our only friend that really fell for his charm is the one that initially slept with in SF during Super Bowl weekend. He was in rare form at the Maxim super bowl party. If he had a girlfriend he was with during those days like you reported, that girl must have been blind, because Jordan doesn’t understand the concept of being low key or flying under the radar.

My friend slept with him again before he left for a “business trip” (MIND BLOWN) and would text her when he got back. She thought he was such a catch, we tried to tell her he was hitting us all up too but she was all swoon. I remember her being bummed telling some of us at a friends birthday dinner in April that he was “blowing her off” which we now know is when production had his phone…. Because the second he got it back he sent us all similar creepy messages on Raya again, and then his profile disappeared from my inbox a couple days later. This was just within 2 weeks! He only texted her to hook up, and no matter what we said, she thought otherwise…. Until Monday.

I was checking the episode by episode spoilers page before a stroll through Trader Joes to get all of the essentials for a girls Bachelorette premiere night and almost fell off my chair when I read your post. But we didn’t even find out the “business trip” was The Bachelorette until the day I emailed you!

There is a 0% chance that she will come forward, and I don’t blame her. She’s horrified. She’s embarrassed among her own friends at this point, let alone in front of the world. People would tear her apart. They would tear him apart too but her name would be linked to that forever, online and elsewhere. I really do feel horrible for her. At this point, we are hoping that girl Brittany who made the Instagram post about him comes forward, because she clearly wants to tell her story.

Jordan wants to be a sports reporter so bad that he would do anything to chase the fame. He wanted to take the Jesse Palmer approach but unfortunately for Jordan, the closest he has ever been to a career in sports reporting was being with **** *****, his ex who is a reporter on Fox. I’m not sure how her name hasn’t been thrown into the ring yet…

But there you have it… Never mentioned the show, called it a business trip during pre and post production, and was still texting girls on a dating app after he got his phone back.

I sent out an email to all these people this past Thursday saying that I would be posting the emails on Tuesday without names, but if they wanted their name attached, or had anything else to add to get back to me this weekend. This was her response…

**** <*************@gmail.com>
Jun 11 at 1:18 PM

To: Steve

Hey Steve,

Nothing to add but it should be noted he’s back at it on the dating app Raya. He matched with a mutual friend last Friday. Major eye roll.

It WAS deactivated. But has since been reactivated. I’ve had several friends in the past week say they’ve seen him back in the rotation on Raya. It’s a small community so even if you have already seen someone (regardless of if you clicked yes or no) if they edit their profile they will pop up again. I don’t know if that means they broke up or he’s just a slime bag but there’s that.

Note: For those interested in knowing more about how the Raya app works, you read up on it here, here, and here.
______________________________________________________________

Email #4

From: *********59@yahoo.com <*********59@yahoo.com>;
To: steve@realitysteve.com ;
Subject: Jordan Rodgers: A Player
Sent: Tue, May 24, 2016 6:38:29 PM

Hello Reality Steve,

I met Jordan in March of last year and we immediately hit it off. He’s extremely charming and does a good job of making you feel like you’re the only girl in the world that he wants to be with. When we started talking, I had a boyfriend who I wasn’t happy with. Jordan convinced me to dump my boyfriend and I actually did. He wined and dined me all over Nashville. After a few months of being with him, I suspected something wasn’t right. He was always on his phone, traveling, acting short. Then I started seeing comments on his social media pop up, calling him “babe” and different things. He always insisted that he didn’t have any other girls. We would end our relationship and stop talking for a month or two. And then he would hit me up randomly. This has gone on for the last year. He even was texting me right up until the show began. His personality is narcissistic. He can be sweet one moment, then get incredibly defensive and nasty the next. He always talked about his ex, whom he dated for years, and talked about how he cheated. It was almost like he was proud of it. Whenever he talked about girls he dated, he always sounded sort of “braggy”..like he was trying to impress me with the fact that he clearly got around. There were so many red flags right from the start, but unfortunately, I ignored them all. The only reason why he’s doing this show is for the publicity. I honestly think he’s tired of living in his brother’s shadow. Hopefully one day, he will come to terms with all the girls he’s treated like dirt. Until then, he’s going to keep pretending to be someone he’s not on TV.

He sent this picture to me when we first started talking. But we both have iPhones and the reason I suspect he’s sent it to other girls is bc he sent it in March of 2015 and the geotag on it said December. So I’m assuming it’s just the picture he sends to them all lol.

Jordanselfie
________________________________________________________________

This Jordan story is ever evolving. So his Raya account was active right after he got back, got de-activated, and is now back to being active. Hey Jordan, by no means am I some ladies’ man, but for the love of God, if you’re gonna sneak around, it’s probably not best to re-active your account on a dating app for everyone to see. Doesn’t necessarily give out the greatest impression to your now fiancé. Just sayin’. Might wanna de-activate that thing, like, forever and not message any members of the opposite sex on Raya. Because I guarantee it’s only a matter of time before those messages somehow end up in my inbox. Just lookin’ out for ya’ ol’ buddy, ol’ pal.

So there it is. Some of you will love those and some of you (Grant and Jordan defenders) will say they don’t matter. Predictable. We can agree to disagree on that one. Obviously we still have 6 more weeks left of story, drama, and tabloid coverage to play out. This is only the beginning of what I expect will be hell for the next month in JoJo and Jordan’s world’s. Been saying it for two months now, I hope she has thick skin. And reeeeeeeeallllly is sure she wants to stand by and defend this guy because it’s gonna be coming from everywhere. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. If she really wants to turn a blind eye to all this, that is absolutely her prerogative. I just think that’s an extremely dumb move. However, post show media coverage as a broken up couple isn’t nearly as lucrative than if they’re still together, hence the reason I think they’ll ride this wave out as long as they can. But c’mon, if you can’t see the writing on the wall now, you never will. May the odds forever be in your favor. Or something like that.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. sarajuliet

June 14, 2016 at 10:30 AM

I guess this illustrates the ultimate problem of dating without being in reality — phones, internet, knowing friends, etc. Thanks for sharing, I hope JoJo thinks and starts to question her reality a little bit…

2. nsawyer10

June 14, 2016 at 11:40 AM

I have to say I feel kind of naive for being shocked that Jordan has been back on this dating app AFTER filming. You would think he’d lay low until at least ATFR!

3. samkwa

June 14, 2016 at 12:09 PM

I don’t mean to be offensive, but I have yet to see what is so charming about Jordan (or Grant) on the show. When Jojo asked Jordan for validation at the pool party, she was eating up his response without hesitation. To me, he responded like a high schooler without an ounce of genuine intent. I’m not an old/wise soul. I’m in my 20’s. The only thing I can think of is that these women, including Jojo, are drawn in by his name and what they believe to be his status. But maybe I’m too realistic and/or judgmental so I don’t get it.

4. yellowcrayon

June 14, 2016 at 1:15 PM

Some of the stuff you’ve heard about the people on that list is “scary” but you can’t tell us? Come on, Steve.

5. yellowcrayon

June 14, 2016 at 1:31 PM

I hope you didn’t wake the bad-boy player sympathizers. Anyone who leads another person or multiple people to believe something when it’s nothing but an ego-boost is a d-bag. Screw around if you want to lead that single life, just be honest about it. Don’t screw with people emotionally.

6. chrisoulaf

June 14, 2016 at 1:32 PM

Shocker!? Are people really surprised that a very attractive Vanderbilt scholar is playing the field? His own father was taped saying that Jordan was clearly out to land a sports commentator gig and that was when Caila was supposed to be the Bachelorette. I found the emails comical – he didn’t do anything that most hot guys in their twenties do. Where’s the bombshell?

7. thisshow

June 14, 2016 at 1:56 PM

Welp. It sure will be comical on ATFR either way.

8. angelfish

June 14, 2016 at 2:00 PM

I have to agree that in the general scheme of life events, a couple of guys cheating on some gullible girls is pretty commonplace. And the girls (and yes, I use that term deliberately) that kept taking them back just proved that they would take anything, if the guy was attractive.

People treat us the way we ALLOW them to treat us. Each of those girls made their choices. I really can’t dredge up much sympathy for any of these people, as that’s going out to the folks in Orlando right now.

9. purplerayne

June 14, 2016 at 4:48 PM

Its sad that the behavior of Grant and Jordan is not so shocking to me. Ive had THREE friends within past few years that have all had the guys who they were seriously dating, either admit they were married, engaged OR getting engaged. You would think in the age of social media these guys would be afraid to live double lives, but nope, douche bags have zero fear.

No, i dont think any of these girls are to blame. yes, they failed to read the signs and ignored obvious red flags because of love/lust/desperation, BUT that doesnt mean they deserved what they got. In the end, if you ask a guy point blank if the two of you are exclusive and he says yes, you have no choice but to believe him and try to make it. Its unfortunate that we have to be so skeptical of everything and everyone.

Losing a bit of respect for Jojo based on who her final two are. The type of guy she is attracted doesn scream commitment. to She’s either not ready to be married and is doing this just for fame OR she’s naive, in which case, she definitely shouldnt be gettting married. Cant feel sorry for her. She had opportunity to research Jordan prior to the show and was blinded by his abs and potentially high profile status.

10. cd12

June 14, 2016 at 5:02 PM

I don’t think the emailers asked for sympathy. I am however glad they came forward. Their choices, their lives. I also do not sympathize with Jojo as it was clear she honed in on the “famous” one. It is even more apparent to me they were in contact prior to filming. I guess Jojo shouldn’t have played games with her ex Chad only to dump him when she got the gig. Now that these exes have thrown a wrench into things, I wonder if the showmance carries on, or tptb plan a breakup special.

11. Serpephone

June 14, 2016 at 5:11 PM

y’all girls are funny… I been there done that… and that type of guy NEVER changes! (YES CAPS LOCK)… there are people on many levels and angles… but if you really and honestly are looking for a long term kinda guy, you gotta BE MORE SELECTIVE… playas be playin… (yes, even my brazenly handsome son…)

12. kimmyfromdablock

June 14, 2016 at 5:27 PM

I logged, read the headline and immediately set up for some juicy gossip.

Instead what I found was a kind of she said/she said that doesn’t really interest me.

Why would you trust any guy who goes on this show anyway? There are maybe 2 or 3 guys/girls on any one season who are there for legitimate reasons.

BORING…….

13. cjscjs711

June 14, 2016 at 7:28 PM

First notice Steve seems to assume JoJo is serious about this guy. If the stories about her ex-Chad are true, she and Jordan may be like two peas in a pod. If she’s in this to build her brand, how sad if she were to choose a Right Reasons guy. He would be hurt just like Whitney was by Cris Soules.

Typical dbag stories that come from these bar or online dating scenarios. Typical easy come easy go. That’s why I always advise friends who are seeing whereabouts red flags, erratic calling patterns not to waste any more time if girl wants a family and marriage. Dating does NOT get easier with age as more and more of the good guys get snapped up in marriage. Like in musical chairs, don’t dally too long…

Maybe hope she can get her exChad back. We don’t know enough about her real situation to give good advice though.

June 15, 2016 at 7:54 AM

I largely agree with Kimmy. The one thing that was a bit juicy was the alleged fact that Jordan supposedly reactivated his online dating account & started looking around. But, no screen shots are provided (that would have been something) with an explanation that screen shots would get them banned. Maybe. I don’t know how this all works, but I’m not sure an app would have the ability to even know when a screen shot had been taken. Feels a little fishy. You’d have to fully trust that there is more info that wasn’t revealed that would validate this accusation.

Anyway, it turns into a she said/he can’t say type of thing. Very one sided. Someone with an ax to grind, say an ex-gf (oh, they’re never bitter), could say whatever they wanted. There are always two sides to any story and we’re only getting one side.

So, I’m not saying that Jordan and Grant aren’t players or saying they’re great guys. Grant certainly had some overlap of his long term relationships and ended them poorly. But, truth be told, isn’t that the case with most long term relationships that end? They start going downhill & then one, or both, find someone else. Pretty garden variety stuff. I don’t condone the lying, of course. The only “right” way to deal with a breakup is to actually breakup first before exploring anything else. But truly how many relationships ending are that pure? Even then, will the ex really feel a lot better that they got dumped “honestly”? Probably they’d still feel like they were blindsided & would still be bitter. I don’t recall too many “ideal” breakups that I experienced. They were just different levels of bad. There were always hurt feelings & drama.

I accept that Rajahs is a player & is a terrible boyfriend. I don’t see anything long term with JoJo and him. I think that’s pretty obvious. But, on this show, is that really news at this point? It’s not like this show attracts a lot of boy scouts and real love stories. And the show is built around drama and conflict with a fake love story construct to hold everything together. Yawn. Either there’s not much there or RS is holding back on the good stuff.

15. medavinci

June 17, 2016 at 9:02 AM

Sorry but they are both creepy and Jordan looks so gay!