The Bachelorette 12 - JoJo

The “Bachelorette” Episode 8 Recap Incl an Email From Robby’s Ex, & (EXCLUSIVE) What Happens on the Overnight Dates?

Photo Credit: ABC

-We begin in Snoozeville, Colorado for Chase’s date. Oh wait, that wasn’t where he resides? Hmmmm, I’m sorry. I wrote that down wrong. It’s Highlands Ranch, Colorado. Forgive me. Got my towns mixed up. He picks up JoJo and she straddles him so we’re off to a very horny start. Chase lets us know his parents were divorced when he was 8, so JoJo will be meeting his dad separately than the rest of the clan. He tells her it was a bad divorce. Hey, no worries Chase. This show will end in the same light for you next week. You can tell Chase was very affected by his parents divorce. Probably affected future relationships, made him more closed off, maybe didn’t open up to women as easily and quickly as they might’ve liked. And oh yeah, it apparently made him void of all human emotion turning him into a cyborg sent from the future to destroy all mankind. Damn, that really was a rough divorce.

-So they go to Chase’s place with the awful interior decorating (a female friend told me to write that) and his dad shows up. Gee thanks Dad. You show up for this but can’t be there for the kids 9th birthday? Or at the holidays? Damn you, Mr. McNary! Chase also lets us know that dad remarried and had “several step children.” Several? Like, 10 or 15? Is he the white version of Antonio Cromartie? Travis Henry? Evander Holyfield? How many is “several?” I’m dying to know. For those who may be unfamiliar with who Antonio Cromartie is, here’s all you need to know. You’re welcome. Anyway, instead of the Dad interrogating JoJo about his son, this turned into a therapy session for Chase. “Why didn’t your first marriage work out?” Really? He’s gonna ask this with JoJo right there? Uhhhh, ok. Awwwwwwwkkkkkward. Dad basically blamed it on being away all the time and traveling. Translation: Affairs.

-So when Chase talks to his dad, his dad reminds him that this is 4 guys and 1 girl. Is that in any way similar to 2 girls, 1 cup? I’m kidding. I think. He asks, “What if it’s not you?” Chase: “I’m not thinking about the ‘what ifs’?” Good. Good to keep your mind off things like that. I like to call it naïve, but hey, you do you Chase. Chase says he fully expects to bring her home as his fiancé some day and he can’t wait. I’m sure the dad’s eyes are rolling around in his head like a slot machine, but he’s gotta put on a good face for his son considering the disappointment he’s already bestowed on him over the years. Chase has been sucked into the “Bachelor” vortex for which there is no getting out. He’s convinced himself, even though he’s never been in love with anyone ever, that he’s now in love with a girl he’s known for a total of 1 month at this point in filming, been on one 1-on-1 date with, and has maybe had a total of 48 hrs spent with her.
Seems realistic.

-So now JoJo meets Chase’s real family, you know, the ones that didn’t bolt when he was 8. They meet his mom Sandy, step dad Brad, sister Brittany, brother-in-law Brian, and nephew Everett. And I’m very scared. I mean, they seem nice and all but something she said absolutely terrified me. When describing Chase, she said “he’s done a great job of evolving.” UH. OH. Run JoJo run! You know who evolves? Students of Professor Finley on 90210! This was the only clip I could find. So bummed it cut off where it did. When Kelly walked in is where it got good…and Finley got suuuuuuuper creepy.

I swear I wanna go watch that whole season again right now just because of that clip. And I think I will once this season is over.

-After evolving, Chase joins us back in reality and he lets us know exactly what he doesn’t want to happen to him as he tells his sister, “I don’t want to put anyone through what dad put us through.” Oh boy. Dig that knife a little deeper into pops, why don’t ya’? That’s gonna sting a little bit. Man, dad was probably sitting at home minding his business with his new family and multitude of children he had with his new wifey, then all the sudden he’s thrown into this sh**storm and reminded what a crappy father he was. I bet he wasn’t expecting this. Here’s an open letter to every future family whose child has a hometown date on this show: When producers call saying they’re coming, don’t pick up the call. Or give them the wrong address. Or just tell them “go f**k yourself. We’re not coming on this show.” It’ll be much easier on you, trust me.

-When he’s talking with his mom, she has an assessment of JoJo after a few minutes of talking to her. “She’s darling, great laugh, loves dogs, hates fish.” That’s what you were able to gather? Well, I guess points for paying attention. She asks him if he thinks he’d be ready to propose. Chase’s response? “Are you kidding mom? I’ve barely had a dinner with her. That’s ridiculous. I’m not even close.” Kidding. It was the opposite of that which was, “Yes. No doubt. I don’t know what love is, but I sure do love this one I’m dating on TV that I barely see or talk to.” Then Chase puts down the glass of Kool Aid and begins rehearsing more lines. He walks JoJo out to the car and tells her he’s falling in love with her again. Just to make sure she knows that before she leaves and he’s in good standing. Because by golly, if you don’t do that, you’re screwed. You need to shoe horn that in there while she has one foot in the SUV before boarding. Will always make her feel all the fuzzies inside. Good job, Chase. Enjoy next week.

1. dogmomma

July 19, 2016 at 10:44 AM

This season was so hard to watch. JoJo is an attractive girl and her clothes were beautiful, but she didn’t seem to have any kind of personality other than someone who needed constant reassurance from men. The editing has been worse than normal, and the guys were the least believable of almost any other group. And to make things even worse, her final 2 were two of the biggest D-bags of the season, although there were several others that were right up there with them. I hope that Luke’s season isn’t a total joke, but it seems that this franchise has turned to gimmicks and fake drama in order to stay relevant.

2. jamie0811

July 19, 2016 at 10:50 AM

I love you even more now. #teamtaylor

3. crushonspivey

July 19, 2016 at 11:20 AM

dogmomma, I really like JoJo, I just think she is awful at choosing men. And the guys she had weren’t that great, but her final 2 were on her and were really bad choices for her. And based on her previous boyfriend as well, it shows she has a problem with choosing guys. Still does.

#TeamNoneOfThem. There are no winners in that battle. They all suck.

4. cjscjs711

July 19, 2016 at 11:33 AM

Have to admit, my reading of paragraph one Steve, ended in astonishment. After such a solemn and measured introduction, I was expecting a comment on the lives lost in Dallas (since you do live in Texas) or controversial commentary on why some or all Americans are so hated by certain populations, etc. Instead, the huge deal was about Taylor Swift? I had to Google it to make sure I hadn’t overlooked something earth shattering. But I saw the names Kardashians, Kim and Kanye and closed the browser window thinking, “Who the hell cares, whatever the personal matter of theirs is.”

@Dogmomma this season seems especially forced and hard to watch. The parts that actually seemed the least forced were the scenes involving Chad.

Not sure I’d jump to the conclusion it’s just Robbie and/or his family silencing Holly. It honestly isn’t even necessary for her to say anything, his denial on TV rings so false it reminds me of a bad, poorly-rehearsed soap opera.

5. cd12

July 19, 2016 at 11:48 AM

It’s so bad, I put off watching the episodes. Even Kaitlyn’s season felt more romantic. This is Jordan’s show and Jojo is doing the chasing. And when she’s not hanging on Jordan, she comes off as more of a girl”friend” or mother figure than a love interest with the others. And Robby is ridiculous with his self-created couple name. They can’t work around his bad acting, which is probably why their progression on screen is non-existent. Good luck to Jojo and Jordan.

6. bachelorwiseguy

July 19, 2016 at 11:52 AM

@cjscjs711, expecting some sort of social commentary from RS is delusional.

Yes, Jojo has no guy instinct for picking the right guy… except for Ben, lol. This is probably the worst season ever. Oh, wait, there was the Brit Matt Grant. Nevermind.

I’ll get right to it. I have inside Chico sources tied deeply to the Rodgers family. Here is the deal: Jordan and his old GF were tight with Aaron & Olivia Munn. So much so that Olivia hired GF as a personal assistant. When Jordan cheated Aaron & Olivia found out, so Oliva told the GF. So there is the reason Jordan and Aaron do not speak. Aaron was not happy when Jordan went on he show feeling he was only trying to promote himself on Aaron’s success. Also, the older brother Luke was caught talking crap about Aaron in a popular Chico bar and word got back to Aaron. Family and former coaches were involved and Luke told he F’d up. Another Rodgers not so well kept secret is that the parents are not a fan of Olivia Munn.

Now…Jojo does pick Jordan as the so called “winner.” But they’ve already broken up so I cant wait to see ATFR.

Follow me on Twitter @bachelorwiseguy for snarky comments and observations!

7. missannmcd

July 19, 2016 at 11:57 AM

I have to agree that this is the #mostforcedseasonever haha! Man, this show is pure desperation now and Luke’s won’t be any better. This bunch are the worst actors. Poke me with a fork I think I’m done.

8. missannmcd

July 19, 2016 at 12:02 PM

Are you seriously gonna ride RS’s site for your own 15 mins? LAME. Go away troll!

9. avatarista

July 19, 2016 at 12:34 PM

I vote Hope as the next Bachelorette!

10. angelfish

July 19, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Too funny that “bachelorwiseguy” seems to think he has some kind of “scoop” regarding info Steve reported months ago! LOL!

I’m #teamanybodybutkanye because he’s a disgusting and delusional thug.

11. samkwa

July 19, 2016 at 2:35 PM

So many Aaron mentions. Luke Rodgers called him “the other brother.” I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this guy holds the deepest grudge. The father threw shade about fame changing a person. And Jojo thinking she knows this family inside and out and “Jordan is nobody’s brother.” So icky if that’s what they were going for. Icky, icky show. lol

12. debsab4

July 19, 2016 at 3:28 PM

First off, I didn’t like Jojo from the onset. She’s too fake and its obvious to me that she is also in it for her five minutes of fame. That said, she deserves Robbie. They will end up done with their fake relationship before the Final Rose airs, if not already! Second, if Luke is smart he puts his foot down now in regards to him being the next bachelor. He should INSIST that he will only agree to be on the show if they get him REAL ladies and not a bunch of fame hounds! After all, he is one that seems genuine and whomever he ends up with will have to live on a farm and adapt to his lifestyle. Why put the guy through it all and have some bimbo decide one month latet that the lifestyle wasn’t for her. It’s the same crap every season! BACHELOR FRANCHISE GET SOME “REAL” people! You will still get drama but at least all will have true intentions! JEEZ!!

13. debsab4

July 19, 2016 at 3:29 PM

Right on MOMMA!!

14. kimmyfromdablock

July 19, 2016 at 8:08 PM

I don’t mind JoJo. She seems like a kind person. I don’t think you can really make a judgment on the “wow” factor of someone’s personality based on their appearance and edit on this show.

I do agree with others who have commented about the pack of duds she has on this show. The only one who seemed genuine to me in the end was Chase. I absolutely cannot stand Jordan. I hate his stupid hair, I hate the way he walks, I hate his skinny jeans and I hate the way he gropes and mauls JoJo. He has a huge icky factor in my book.

Robby is just so plastic. No appeal to be with a guy who seems to put more effort into his looks than his girl.

I find the show entertaining, but this season is overall pretty dull.

15. linds

July 19, 2016 at 9:25 PM

I feel the same way about Chase! He has seemed the most genuine.

16. LM111

July 19, 2016 at 9:30 PM

I’m sure the producers forced it, BUT… Jojo mentioned Aaron’s name SO MANY TIMES it made her look like an obsessed fan. I mean, come on, if Jordon said he had a riff with his older brother, she wouldn’t be hounding him like that. Painful to watch. I can only imagine how annoyed I’d be if I were Jordon.

Point #2 – Jordon, for the love of God, get rid of the skinny pants! They make you look way too feminine to be straight.

Point #3 – Luke was the only marriage-able guy in the final four, but he forgot one thing… people like to be around happy people… when you never smile, you’re not much fun to hang out with.

17. LynnMJ

July 19, 2016 at 11:08 PM

Haha…did anyone else hear Robbie say “I’m going to nip this in the butt”? It’s “bud”, Robbie.

18. cheriev

July 20, 2016 at 12:09 AM

I am adding a new t shirt to my collection to go with my ” nobody for president ”

And Jojo’s final 2?- ” nobody for husband ”

Too bad the final 2 both have girl drama seems her picker is off and I’m not sure but I feel like she is one of the more interrogating bachelorette . Don’t get me wrong , interrogation isn’t a bad thing when it comes to speed dating but it’s what she does with the info that baffles .

Like Andi she goes with her “type ” which seems like a mistake .

I think Luke will be an interesting choice , smiley or not! A broody sincere eloquent Bach … I’ll watch .

19. yoyotono

July 20, 2016 at 6:55 AM

This episode was beyond boring to watch. I agree with your assessment of Jojo, Jordan, and Robby. I think Luke’s great. Do the contestants choose their job titles or is it the producers? I hate any job title that says “former”, what are they doing now?

Also, what are your thoughts on Chad having his own show? Is that seriously being done or is it a ploy for controversy?

Last, if you’re going to take sides with the Taylor and Kimye feud, at least explain why you’re Team Taylor? I’m personally Team Kimye as the video evidence is proof Taylor and/or publicist lied. I’m also Team Calvin. I’m just sick of hearing about everyone bullying poor little Regina George.

20. missannmcd

July 20, 2016 at 11:15 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Robby’s hairline looks like a bad ad for the Hair Club For Men? Yuckers! Luke is such a snoozefest. Evan was just a joke I think. I mean, come on… skinny runt with a Snidely Whiplash look. And his hair, umm… just no. Where do they find these guys? Did you see Jordan’s dad? THAT is how Jordan and his brother Luke are going to look like when they are their dad’s age! Double yuckers. And now for Jojo… she’s playing the puppet better than most. It’s too bad it’s just so obvious. Lights on but no one is home. Boring zzzzzz

21. sb

July 24, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Soooo…just so I’m understanding correctly, you’re reading a blog that recaps/gossips about a reality TV show, challenging the author about why he’s commenting on the TSwift/Kardashian feud vs. SERIOUS ISSUES in the media? Yeah, okay. ??