The Bachelorette 12 - JoJo

The “Bachelorette” Episode 8 Recap Incl an Email From Robby’s Ex, & (EXCLUSIVE) What Happens on the Overnight Dates?

Photo Credit: ABC

-Up next is Jordan’s date. In case you forgot, these dates were actually filmed in this order: Chase, Robby, Luke, and Jordan. So every date being shown out of the order they were filmed besides Chase is nothing new. Sometimes they show them exactly in the order they were filmed, sometimes they don’t. Guess it all depends on the story they want to tell. But Jordan took her to his high school which we knew back when it happened because so many students were posting pics and videos on that day even though we saw none of them on screen last night. And I’m sure taking her to his high school had nothing to do whatsoever with that being the last time Jordan was relevant. Why not just give her your letterman’s jacket while you’re at it? Maybe invite her to the Enchantment Under the Sea dance too? Just avoid Biff. He’s pissed at you for causing $300 bucks damage to his car you son of a bitch.

-So Jordan takes her around and introduces her to all the teachers and coaches who made him the womanizing, Raya account using, philanderer he is. These mentors must all be proud of the man he’s become. Jordan tells JoJo he never had a high school sweetheart and that makes her heart pitter patter. Basically she feels like it’s her now and she wishes they were back in high school parking in the lot and drinking alcohol from her mom’s liquor cabinet. Look, this date is just laughable at this point. Hell, ANY time with Jordan is laughable because what we’re seeing on screen isn’t really him. He’s smooth. He knows exactly what he needs to say to make JoJo fall for him. The problem is he doesn’t buy a word of it. But JoJo does and that’s why this season ends up the way it does. She’ll figure it out eventually. Lets hope it’s sooner rather than later.

-They’re looking through the coaches office and they see an old picture of Aaron. Looked like Jordan was about to hurl. Made Jordan had drawn a mustache and big ears on the picture and that’s why we never saw it. Or there were a bunch of holes in it from all the darts Jordan fired at it over the years. Whatever the case, that picture was incredibly uncomfortable for him. So what does that mean? Well, naturally they’re gonna go hang out on the bleachers and talk about it. Which Jordan wants no part of. But because this is the “Bachelorette” and they make you talk about things they know you don’t want to or what will cause the most drama, of course JoJo brings it up to him. Even though he told her last week at dinner in Argentina that it’s something they don’t talk about, JoJo needs to follow producers orders to keep driving it home. And the conversation goes nowhere other than we find out that JoJo is the first girl Jordan has introduced to his parents since his ex, Brittany two years ago. The one who gave him such a glowing review on social media on premiere night.

-They arrive at the parents house and JoJo is nervous. JoJo: “Feel my heart.” Translation: Touch my boob. Which he did. So we’re meeting his mom Darla, dad Ed, brother Luke, and his girlfriend Lindsay. Wait, Aaron isn’t gonna be there? How come we weren’t told about this? Man, it’s been so secretive. Like, I had no idea there was even a rift in the family. Aaron must’ve just had a practice or something. Yeah, that’s it. Whatever the case, Jordan’s mom tells us he was the “spicy child,” and none of us know what the hell that means. She tells some story about how he used to threaten to run away and would get to the end of the driveway before never going through with it. That’s what makes him spicy? Uhhhh, ok. JoJo is completely blown away already. “This is such an amazing family. So much love. So much character.” I think at this point, JoJo couldn’t have possibly been believing the own bullsh** that was coming out of her mouth, could she? The family probably giggled at that.

-And of course, they specifically made sure there were two empty seats at the dinner table, which JoJo pointed out in an ITM. Lovely. Let me guess, that was for Eddie Lacy and Jordy Nelson? No? Mike McCarthy and Dom Capers? Hell, I give up. Who were those for? Tell me. I’m dying to know. I guess that was even an indirect way to address Olivia Munn, so technically a shot at her too. Because if they were missing Jordan so much and wanted him there, it would just be one empty chair. I see the subtle jabs, ABC. So because talking about Aaron is off limits and uncomfortable for everyone involved, JoJo decides to pull Luke aside to talk about…Aaron. Luke: “That’s something we really don’t talk about a whole lot.” You don’t say? Your brother practically dry heaved when JoJo mentioned him 49 times already. Could’ve never guessed that. Thanks for the clarification. Even in a family photo that we see, Aaron’s face is blurred out. Man, this date could’ve been so much better if Aaron, Olivia, or Jordan’s ex did anything on social media to comment on it. Oh well.

-When Jordan’s spoke to his mom she made sure to let him know she could just see it in his eyes how in love he was. “You look all lit up.” Possible. Or possible he’s just lit. Like, Johnny Manziel lit. You never know. He then convinced his mom how much he’s in love with her and pandered to the viewing audience by saying, “I miss my brother a lot.” It’s ridiculous at this point. Yes, I’ve heard from numerous people, and it’s not really a secret that once Aaron started dating Olivia Munn, that’s how the rift started. The family doesn’t like her. That’s not surprising at all. However, there are other things that I’ve heard that make Jordan just as guilty and at fault for this relationship going sour. But no need to get into it. People will believe what they want to believe. I’m sure it’s a mixture of both. So these two go outside to talk about their future, and JoJo says the part she’s most scared about is at the end of this, will Jordan really want this to be forever. Hey! Hey! Over here JoJo! I can answer that for you! The answer is no. You’re welcome. Take my advice. You’re being played.

1. dogmomma

July 19, 2016 at 10:44 AM

This season was so hard to watch. JoJo is an attractive girl and her clothes were beautiful, but she didn’t seem to have any kind of personality other than someone who needed constant reassurance from men. The editing has been worse than normal, and the guys were the least believable of almost any other group. And to make things even worse, her final 2 were two of the biggest D-bags of the season, although there were several others that were right up there with them. I hope that Luke’s season isn’t a total joke, but it seems that this franchise has turned to gimmicks and fake drama in order to stay relevant.

2. jamie0811

July 19, 2016 at 10:50 AM

I love you even more now. #teamtaylor

3. crushonspivey

July 19, 2016 at 11:20 AM

dogmomma, I really like JoJo, I just think she is awful at choosing men. And the guys she had weren’t that great, but her final 2 were on her and were really bad choices for her. And based on her previous boyfriend as well, it shows she has a problem with choosing guys. Still does.

#TeamNoneOfThem. There are no winners in that battle. They all suck.

4. cjscjs711

July 19, 2016 at 11:33 AM

Have to admit, my reading of paragraph one Steve, ended in astonishment. After such a solemn and measured introduction, I was expecting a comment on the lives lost in Dallas (since you do live in Texas) or controversial commentary on why some or all Americans are so hated by certain populations, etc. Instead, the huge deal was about Taylor Swift? I had to Google it to make sure I hadn’t overlooked something earth shattering. But I saw the names Kardashians, Kim and Kanye and closed the browser window thinking, “Who the hell cares, whatever the personal matter of theirs is.”

@Dogmomma this season seems especially forced and hard to watch. The parts that actually seemed the least forced were the scenes involving Chad.

Not sure I’d jump to the conclusion it’s just Robbie and/or his family silencing Holly. It honestly isn’t even necessary for her to say anything, his denial on TV rings so false it reminds me of a bad, poorly-rehearsed soap opera.

5. cd12

July 19, 2016 at 11:48 AM

It’s so bad, I put off watching the episodes. Even Kaitlyn’s season felt more romantic. This is Jordan’s show and Jojo is doing the chasing. And when she’s not hanging on Jordan, she comes off as more of a girl”friend” or mother figure than a love interest with the others. And Robby is ridiculous with his self-created couple name. They can’t work around his bad acting, which is probably why their progression on screen is non-existent. Good luck to Jojo and Jordan.

6. bachelorwiseguy

July 19, 2016 at 11:52 AM

@cjscjs711, expecting some sort of social commentary from RS is delusional.

Yes, Jojo has no guy instinct for picking the right guy… except for Ben, lol. This is probably the worst season ever. Oh, wait, there was the Brit Matt Grant. Nevermind.

I’ll get right to it. I have inside Chico sources tied deeply to the Rodgers family. Here is the deal: Jordan and his old GF were tight with Aaron & Olivia Munn. So much so that Olivia hired GF as a personal assistant. When Jordan cheated Aaron & Olivia found out, so Oliva told the GF. So there is the reason Jordan and Aaron do not speak. Aaron was not happy when Jordan went on he show feeling he was only trying to promote himself on Aaron’s success. Also, the older brother Luke was caught talking crap about Aaron in a popular Chico bar and word got back to Aaron. Family and former coaches were involved and Luke told he F’d up. Another Rodgers not so well kept secret is that the parents are not a fan of Olivia Munn.

Now…Jojo does pick Jordan as the so called “winner.” But they’ve already broken up so I cant wait to see ATFR.

Follow me on Twitter @bachelorwiseguy for snarky comments and observations!

7. missannmcd

July 19, 2016 at 11:57 AM

I have to agree that this is the #mostforcedseasonever haha! Man, this show is pure desperation now and Luke’s won’t be any better. This bunch are the worst actors. Poke me with a fork I think I’m done.

8. missannmcd

July 19, 2016 at 12:02 PM

Are you seriously gonna ride RS’s site for your own 15 mins? LAME. Go away troll!

9. avatarista

July 19, 2016 at 12:34 PM

I vote Hope as the next Bachelorette!

10. angelfish

July 19, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Too funny that “bachelorwiseguy” seems to think he has some kind of “scoop” regarding info Steve reported months ago! LOL!

I’m #teamanybodybutkanye because he’s a disgusting and delusional thug.

11. samkwa

July 19, 2016 at 2:35 PM

So many Aaron mentions. Luke Rodgers called him “the other brother.” I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this guy holds the deepest grudge. The father threw shade about fame changing a person. And Jojo thinking she knows this family inside and out and “Jordan is nobody’s brother.” So icky if that’s what they were going for. Icky, icky show. lol

12. debsab4

July 19, 2016 at 3:28 PM

First off, I didn’t like Jojo from the onset. She’s too fake and its obvious to me that she is also in it for her five minutes of fame. That said, she deserves Robbie. They will end up done with their fake relationship before the Final Rose airs, if not already! Second, if Luke is smart he puts his foot down now in regards to him being the next bachelor. He should INSIST that he will only agree to be on the show if they get him REAL ladies and not a bunch of fame hounds! After all, he is one that seems genuine and whomever he ends up with will have to live on a farm and adapt to his lifestyle. Why put the guy through it all and have some bimbo decide one month latet that the lifestyle wasn’t for her. It’s the same crap every season! BACHELOR FRANCHISE GET SOME “REAL” people! You will still get drama but at least all will have true intentions! JEEZ!!

13. debsab4

July 19, 2016 at 3:29 PM

Right on MOMMA!!

14. kimmyfromdablock

July 19, 2016 at 8:08 PM

I don’t mind JoJo. She seems like a kind person. I don’t think you can really make a judgment on the “wow” factor of someone’s personality based on their appearance and edit on this show.

I do agree with others who have commented about the pack of duds she has on this show. The only one who seemed genuine to me in the end was Chase. I absolutely cannot stand Jordan. I hate his stupid hair, I hate the way he walks, I hate his skinny jeans and I hate the way he gropes and mauls JoJo. He has a huge icky factor in my book.

Robby is just so plastic. No appeal to be with a guy who seems to put more effort into his looks than his girl.

I find the show entertaining, but this season is overall pretty dull.

15. linds

July 19, 2016 at 9:25 PM

I feel the same way about Chase! He has seemed the most genuine.

16. LM111

July 19, 2016 at 9:30 PM

I’m sure the producers forced it, BUT… Jojo mentioned Aaron’s name SO MANY TIMES it made her look like an obsessed fan. I mean, come on, if Jordon said he had a riff with his older brother, she wouldn’t be hounding him like that. Painful to watch. I can only imagine how annoyed I’d be if I were Jordon.

Point #2 – Jordon, for the love of God, get rid of the skinny pants! They make you look way too feminine to be straight.

Point #3 – Luke was the only marriage-able guy in the final four, but he forgot one thing… people like to be around happy people… when you never smile, you’re not much fun to hang out with.

17. LynnMJ

July 19, 2016 at 11:08 PM

Haha…did anyone else hear Robbie say “I’m going to nip this in the butt”? It’s “bud”, Robbie.

18. cheriev

July 20, 2016 at 12:09 AM

I am adding a new t shirt to my collection to go with my ” nobody for president ”

And Jojo’s final 2?- ” nobody for husband ”

Too bad the final 2 both have girl drama seems her picker is off and I’m not sure but I feel like she is one of the more interrogating bachelorette . Don’t get me wrong , interrogation isn’t a bad thing when it comes to speed dating but it’s what she does with the info that baffles .

Like Andi she goes with her “type ” which seems like a mistake .

I think Luke will be an interesting choice , smiley or not! A broody sincere eloquent Bach … I’ll watch .

19. yoyotono

July 20, 2016 at 6:55 AM

This episode was beyond boring to watch. I agree with your assessment of Jojo, Jordan, and Robby. I think Luke’s great. Do the contestants choose their job titles or is it the producers? I hate any job title that says “former”, what are they doing now?

Also, what are your thoughts on Chad having his own show? Is that seriously being done or is it a ploy for controversy?

Last, if you’re going to take sides with the Taylor and Kimye feud, at least explain why you’re Team Taylor? I’m personally Team Kimye as the video evidence is proof Taylor and/or publicist lied. I’m also Team Calvin. I’m just sick of hearing about everyone bullying poor little Regina George.

20. missannmcd

July 20, 2016 at 11:15 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Robby’s hairline looks like a bad ad for the Hair Club For Men? Yuckers! Luke is such a snoozefest. Evan was just a joke I think. I mean, come on… skinny runt with a Snidely Whiplash look. And his hair, umm… just no. Where do they find these guys? Did you see Jordan’s dad? THAT is how Jordan and his brother Luke are going to look like when they are their dad’s age! Double yuckers. And now for Jojo… she’s playing the puppet better than most. It’s too bad it’s just so obvious. Lights on but no one is home. Boring zzzzzz

21. sb

July 24, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Soooo…just so I’m understanding correctly, you’re reading a blog that recaps/gossips about a reality TV show, challenging the author about why he’s commenting on the TSwift/Kardashian feud vs. SERIOUS ISSUES in the media? Yeah, okay. ??