The Bachelorette 12 - JoJo

The “Bachelorette” Episode 8 Recap Incl an Email From Robby’s Ex, & (EXCLUSIVE) What Happens on the Overnight Dates?

Photo Credit: ABC

-Robby’s date starts in St. Augustine, FL where JoJo meets him near some fountain (which we had pictures of the day it happened), and he lifted her up to kiss her – but no leg straddle. That’s key. Chase got the leg straddle. Robby did not. Jordan didn’t get either, however, she was just waiting one more episode to do something with her legs for him. JoJo then whistles since Robby can’t, and around the corner comes a horse carriage. These two will be cruising around the town behind an equine who will probably stop to defacate numerous times along the way. So romantic I tell ya’. Then again, this whole date pretty much made me feel the same way so I guess it’s fitting. What’s funny is so much of this date that we saw from pictures that day, never even appeared on the episode. Especially the part of them at the docks taking a boat out. Guess they’d rather focus on the manufactured drama with his ex.

-These two go off to talk by themselves and JoJo tells him her one big fear is if he’s ready for a new relationship when he just ended one over Christmas, 3 months earlier. Well, whatever you want to believe JoJo. It was a little bit after that, but for argument purposes, let’s go with Christmas. Because let’s face it, we all take pictures with our significant others in matching pajamas on Christmas Day, but then never speak to them again after that like Robby claimed. She asks him if that chapter in his life is over and if he’s ready to move past it. He tells her he is and he hasn’t thought about it once since then. In a season full of dudes who have absolutely been lying and exaggerating, that might be the biggest one yet. It’s just laughable at this point to be honest. But whatever. Robby’s family will continue to defend him, and people with half a brain can clearly see he’s lying about his timeline.

-So they head to the family’s house where we’ll meet his sh** stirrer mom Holly (I mean, she did. She was the one that brings up the ex), dad Coach Hayes, sisters Grace and Katie, and brothers Michael and Patrick. The brothers tell him that “JoJo just fits in” and I could totally see that since JoJo looks like she could be Hope’s sister. So I’m sure the brothers would love having JoJo around for 4 years. However JoJo doesn’t want any part of that Hayes clan. They’ll throw an ex under the bus quicker than you can say “Instagram Promotions.” That sneaky Hayes family. Watch out for them. You might even get a fake rumor thrown your way, or be threatened like Hope was, or be chastised by the little sister. All sorts of wacky things going on with that clan. But most importantly, they are here to support their son in this endeavor, and momma Holly could tell right away how happy and in love her son was when she saw him. Because of course. You know nothing about this girl he just brought home other than what you’ve seen on TV and your son tells her he’s in love with her on their first date. Totally normal if you ask me. I’m shocked the Hayes family didn’t ask JoJo, “Will you please take our son’s hand in marriage? He needs more Instagram followers.”

-JoJo then asked Holly about Robby’s ex because, well, that was this hometowns storyline was about. The mom responded with, “Well in any relationship there’s always a chance you could get hurt.” Very true. Translation: You’re just gonna have to trust Robby and us on this one even though there’s plenty of evidence out there to the contrary. JoJo responds with, “I’m certainly falling in love with him” and that just makes Holly all happy. The money making opportunities are already floating around in her head. How many t-shirts of Robby with a rose in his mouth can we sell? Do you think if we hashtag #TeamRoJo on every single thing we do in our life people we’ll think we’re relevant or cool? Since ultimately JoJo was all about Jordan since Day 1 and Robby never stood a chance in this one horse race, how many more things can we do on social media to make sure that Robby catches Luke on Instagram followers? A bake sale? A lemonade stand? Or maybe just flat out scream at the top of our lungs “Make Robby the next Bachelor!” That should do the trick.

-Then we get to the fun part of the date. So mom confronts Robby and starts off with, “There’s been an issue out there in the world…” Translation: Reality Steve put the Hope stuff out there, but I’m not allowed to reference him on the show, so producers told me to just accuse Hope’s roommate of doing it. She continues, “Your ex’s roommate made it look like you broke up to go on the show.” This devastates Robby. Probably he thought to himself, “Oh sh**, how am I gonna lie my way out of this one?” So the mom says she knows it’s not true, the whole family has convinced themselves that at no point during the application process was Robby still involved with Hope (whatever that may mean), and their conscience believes he’s clean of all charges. Robby comes in to confront JoJo and she asks him directly. “Did you break up with her when you found out you were coming on the show?” Robby: “No, not even close.” You know what? If Robby would’ve just left it at “no,” he actually could’ve made a claim that that’s an honest and correct answer. And you could make a case it was. But to say, “No, not even close” when there’s pictures of you at Christmas, and pictures of you together at New Year’s a week later when you just told the viewing audience you had a fight at Christmas and you didn’t hear from her since, well then no, “not even close” is a lie.

-The problem with Robby here is the cover up is just as bad as the crime. Like I said earlier, plenty of guys have broken up with girlfriends to go on this show. But to claim his break up with her had nothing to do with him going on the show and they are totally separate and coincidental is where he runs into trouble. His timeline doesn’t work, he’s trying to backtrack, him/his family is threatening Hope to say anything publicly, and it’s all just become pretty sad really. When I first reported it two months ago, I kinda almost did it matter-of-factly like, “Look, another dude that dumped his girlfriend to do the show.” Now with everything that’s happened since, he and his family have made it so much worse. However in the end, JoJo didn’t choose him, he’s campaigning HARD to be the next “Bachelor” and become some sort of social media maven, and life will go on for everyone involved. Unfortunately for JoJo, the two guys she took to the end were the shadiest guys on the season. She was in a lose-lose at that point. I said it in May, and I’ll say it again. This isn’t going to end well for her.

1. dogmomma

July 19, 2016 at 10:44 AM

This season was so hard to watch. JoJo is an attractive girl and her clothes were beautiful, but she didn’t seem to have any kind of personality other than someone who needed constant reassurance from men. The editing has been worse than normal, and the guys were the least believable of almost any other group. And to make things even worse, her final 2 were two of the biggest D-bags of the season, although there were several others that were right up there with them. I hope that Luke’s season isn’t a total joke, but it seems that this franchise has turned to gimmicks and fake drama in order to stay relevant.

2. jamie0811

July 19, 2016 at 10:50 AM

I love you even more now. #teamtaylor

3. crushonspivey

July 19, 2016 at 11:20 AM

dogmomma, I really like JoJo, I just think she is awful at choosing men. And the guys she had weren’t that great, but her final 2 were on her and were really bad choices for her. And based on her previous boyfriend as well, it shows she has a problem with choosing guys. Still does.

#TeamNoneOfThem. There are no winners in that battle. They all suck.

4. cjscjs711

July 19, 2016 at 11:33 AM

Have to admit, my reading of paragraph one Steve, ended in astonishment. After such a solemn and measured introduction, I was expecting a comment on the lives lost in Dallas (since you do live in Texas) or controversial commentary on why some or all Americans are so hated by certain populations, etc. Instead, the huge deal was about Taylor Swift? I had to Google it to make sure I hadn’t overlooked something earth shattering. But I saw the names Kardashians, Kim and Kanye and closed the browser window thinking, “Who the hell cares, whatever the personal matter of theirs is.”

@Dogmomma this season seems especially forced and hard to watch. The parts that actually seemed the least forced were the scenes involving Chad.

Not sure I’d jump to the conclusion it’s just Robbie and/or his family silencing Holly. It honestly isn’t even necessary for her to say anything, his denial on TV rings so false it reminds me of a bad, poorly-rehearsed soap opera.

5. cd12

July 19, 2016 at 11:48 AM

It’s so bad, I put off watching the episodes. Even Kaitlyn’s season felt more romantic. This is Jordan’s show and Jojo is doing the chasing. And when she’s not hanging on Jordan, she comes off as more of a girl”friend” or mother figure than a love interest with the others. And Robby is ridiculous with his self-created couple name. They can’t work around his bad acting, which is probably why their progression on screen is non-existent. Good luck to Jojo and Jordan.

6. bachelorwiseguy

July 19, 2016 at 11:52 AM

@cjscjs711, expecting some sort of social commentary from RS is delusional.

Yes, Jojo has no guy instinct for picking the right guy… except for Ben, lol. This is probably the worst season ever. Oh, wait, there was the Brit Matt Grant. Nevermind.

I’ll get right to it. I have inside Chico sources tied deeply to the Rodgers family. Here is the deal: Jordan and his old GF were tight with Aaron & Olivia Munn. So much so that Olivia hired GF as a personal assistant. When Jordan cheated Aaron & Olivia found out, so Oliva told the GF. So there is the reason Jordan and Aaron do not speak. Aaron was not happy when Jordan went on he show feeling he was only trying to promote himself on Aaron’s success. Also, the older brother Luke was caught talking crap about Aaron in a popular Chico bar and word got back to Aaron. Family and former coaches were involved and Luke told he F’d up. Another Rodgers not so well kept secret is that the parents are not a fan of Olivia Munn.

Now…Jojo does pick Jordan as the so called “winner.” But they’ve already broken up so I cant wait to see ATFR.

Follow me on Twitter @bachelorwiseguy for snarky comments and observations!

7. missannmcd

July 19, 2016 at 11:57 AM

I have to agree that this is the #mostforcedseasonever haha! Man, this show is pure desperation now and Luke’s won’t be any better. This bunch are the worst actors. Poke me with a fork I think I’m done.

8. missannmcd

July 19, 2016 at 12:02 PM

Are you seriously gonna ride RS’s site for your own 15 mins? LAME. Go away troll!

9. avatarista

July 19, 2016 at 12:34 PM

I vote Hope as the next Bachelorette!

10. angelfish

July 19, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Too funny that “bachelorwiseguy” seems to think he has some kind of “scoop” regarding info Steve reported months ago! LOL!

I’m #teamanybodybutkanye because he’s a disgusting and delusional thug.

11. samkwa

July 19, 2016 at 2:35 PM

So many Aaron mentions. Luke Rodgers called him “the other brother.” I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this guy holds the deepest grudge. The father threw shade about fame changing a person. And Jojo thinking she knows this family inside and out and “Jordan is nobody’s brother.” So icky if that’s what they were going for. Icky, icky show. lol

12. debsab4

July 19, 2016 at 3:28 PM

First off, I didn’t like Jojo from the onset. She’s too fake and its obvious to me that she is also in it for her five minutes of fame. That said, she deserves Robbie. They will end up done with their fake relationship before the Final Rose airs, if not already! Second, if Luke is smart he puts his foot down now in regards to him being the next bachelor. He should INSIST that he will only agree to be on the show if they get him REAL ladies and not a bunch of fame hounds! After all, he is one that seems genuine and whomever he ends up with will have to live on a farm and adapt to his lifestyle. Why put the guy through it all and have some bimbo decide one month latet that the lifestyle wasn’t for her. It’s the same crap every season! BACHELOR FRANCHISE GET SOME “REAL” people! You will still get drama but at least all will have true intentions! JEEZ!!

13. debsab4

July 19, 2016 at 3:29 PM

Right on MOMMA!!

14. kimmyfromdablock

July 19, 2016 at 8:08 PM

I don’t mind JoJo. She seems like a kind person. I don’t think you can really make a judgment on the “wow” factor of someone’s personality based on their appearance and edit on this show.

I do agree with others who have commented about the pack of duds she has on this show. The only one who seemed genuine to me in the end was Chase. I absolutely cannot stand Jordan. I hate his stupid hair, I hate the way he walks, I hate his skinny jeans and I hate the way he gropes and mauls JoJo. He has a huge icky factor in my book.

Robby is just so plastic. No appeal to be with a guy who seems to put more effort into his looks than his girl.

I find the show entertaining, but this season is overall pretty dull.

15. linds

July 19, 2016 at 9:25 PM

I feel the same way about Chase! He has seemed the most genuine.

16. LM111

July 19, 2016 at 9:30 PM

I’m sure the producers forced it, BUT… Jojo mentioned Aaron’s name SO MANY TIMES it made her look like an obsessed fan. I mean, come on, if Jordon said he had a riff with his older brother, she wouldn’t be hounding him like that. Painful to watch. I can only imagine how annoyed I’d be if I were Jordon.

Point #2 – Jordon, for the love of God, get rid of the skinny pants! They make you look way too feminine to be straight.

Point #3 – Luke was the only marriage-able guy in the final four, but he forgot one thing… people like to be around happy people… when you never smile, you’re not much fun to hang out with.

17. LynnMJ

July 19, 2016 at 11:08 PM

Haha…did anyone else hear Robbie say “I’m going to nip this in the butt”? It’s “bud”, Robbie.

18. cheriev

July 20, 2016 at 12:09 AM

I am adding a new t shirt to my collection to go with my ” nobody for president ”

And Jojo’s final 2?- ” nobody for husband ”

Too bad the final 2 both have girl drama seems her picker is off and I’m not sure but I feel like she is one of the more interrogating bachelorette . Don’t get me wrong , interrogation isn’t a bad thing when it comes to speed dating but it’s what she does with the info that baffles .

Like Andi she goes with her “type ” which seems like a mistake .

I think Luke will be an interesting choice , smiley or not! A broody sincere eloquent Bach … I’ll watch .

19. yoyotono

July 20, 2016 at 6:55 AM

This episode was beyond boring to watch. I agree with your assessment of Jojo, Jordan, and Robby. I think Luke’s great. Do the contestants choose their job titles or is it the producers? I hate any job title that says “former”, what are they doing now?

Also, what are your thoughts on Chad having his own show? Is that seriously being done or is it a ploy for controversy?

Last, if you’re going to take sides with the Taylor and Kimye feud, at least explain why you’re Team Taylor? I’m personally Team Kimye as the video evidence is proof Taylor and/or publicist lied. I’m also Team Calvin. I’m just sick of hearing about everyone bullying poor little Regina George.

20. missannmcd

July 20, 2016 at 11:15 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Robby’s hairline looks like a bad ad for the Hair Club For Men? Yuckers! Luke is such a snoozefest. Evan was just a joke I think. I mean, come on… skinny runt with a Snidely Whiplash look. And his hair, umm… just no. Where do they find these guys? Did you see Jordan’s dad? THAT is how Jordan and his brother Luke are going to look like when they are their dad’s age! Double yuckers. And now for Jojo… she’s playing the puppet better than most. It’s too bad it’s just so obvious. Lights on but no one is home. Boring zzzzzz

21. sb

July 24, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Soooo…just so I’m understanding correctly, you’re reading a blog that recaps/gossips about a reality TV show, challenging the author about why he’s commenting on the TSwift/Kardashian feud vs. SERIOUS ISSUES in the media? Yeah, okay. ??