The Bachelorette 12 - JoJo

The “Bachelorette” Episode 8 Recap Incl an Email From Robby’s Ex, & (EXCLUSIVE) What Happens on the Overnight Dates?

Photo Credit: ABC

-Ok, I’ll be honest. Once the Robby stuff happened and I heard all the stuff the family was spewing, I got bombarded with texts, emails, and tweets from friends asking about the situation. I guess these people hadn’t paid attention to my site for the last 2 months, so thank you for that ha ha. Anyway, what I’m trying to say is I really didn’t pay a whole hell of a lot of attention to Luke’s hometown date unfortunately. Womp woooooomp. I know the big thing surrounding on the hometown was him giving JoJo lines like, “you have my heart,” “it’s all yours” etc, but never actually telling her he loved her. JoJo followed that up with “I’m waiting for that moment when that emotional depth comes out.” Translation: If this guy doesn’t tell me he loves me soon, he’s on his way out. I’m JoJo Fletcher dammit! I need validation every 5 minutes or else I’m completely insecure! Everyone tell me they love me now or else I’m gonna screeeeeeeeeammmm!

-So he introduces JoJo to his mom Suzy, dad Bill, sister Abby, and what seemed like the whole town of Burnet, TX. Excuse me, why was this done? I get that he’s from a small town, but did JoJo really need to meet EVERYONE who lives there? Seems rather counterproductive since the whole point is to get to know his family, not Billy Bob and Myrtle from down the street. This hometown date seemed so rushed because of it. We never saw JoJo even talk to his parents did we? All we saw was Luke talking to his dad, right? And then Luke took her out into a field where roses were set up by producers, and we get this whole big shabang where it’s perfectly laid out for Luke to tell her he loves her…until he doesn’t. He went with the whole “you have my heart,” “all of it,” “it’s for you” again, without dropping the “L” word and JoJo is basically thinking to herself, “Well, at least this is going to make an excellent audition video for him to be the next ‘Bachelor.’”

-So as I’ve mentioned a few times over the last month or so, from everything I’m hearing, Luke is going to be the next “Bachelor.” And last night’s episode (followed by next week’s subsequent dumping) was the perfect set up for it. Talk about building his storyline. It’s all right there. The guy was basically blindsided and heartbroken thinking JoJo knew how he felt about her, but because she needs to the hear the L word every four seconds from a guy, she had no clue. He thought they were on the same page, she was in a different chapter than him, and that’s why she lets him go. Too little, too late. So what do you think his season of the “Bachelor” will surface around? Take a wild stab at that one. Yeah, that’s what I thought. Not too hard to figure out. Obviously, we’ve seen things change at the last minute when it comes to casting the leads, but I’m here to tell you that this is gonna be Luke’s gig.

-So whose idea was it to have the rose ceremony in an airport hangar? It’s definitely never been done on this show. The only one I remember doing it there was “Average Joe.” They had all their final rose ceremonies in the airport hangar. Almost the exact same set up. Just a weird place to have it all around. I highly doubt it was because they didn’t want to be seen. The only final four rose ceremony that was caught on tape was when they were in Iowa and I had footage of Chris letting Jade go. Other than that, no idea why they chose this set up. Maybe a set designer once worked on “Average Joe” or something. Whatever the case, this rose ceremony is exactly where you can see how manipulated the show is. Really? You REALLY think Luke just randomly decided to pull JoJo away to tell her he loves her right before handing out the first rose, and right after we hear her in an ITM say she has to send Luke home? It’s why they have story editors and producers. They run the show. They control the narrative. Luke was told to do it and he did it even though, like Jordan astutely noted, “he had a whole hometown date to talk to her.” Exactly.

-So he pulls her aside, finally drops the L word on her, she’s a bawling mess, and now you have your “cliffhanger” for next week. Well, not really because Luke’s case is just too little, too late. If last night didn’t set up Luke’s “Bachelor” storyline next season, then next week definitely will. The stunned look on his face, the astonishment, the I-can’t-believe-you-didn’t-know-how-I-felt-about-you rhetoric that he spills to her. Oh, it’ll be delicious. And fans of Luke will eat it up like syrup over pancakes. Damn that tastes good right about now. Anyway, JoJo is a crying mess, but Luke’s confession isn’t gonna matter. She needed it earlier because she’s a needy woman who needs validation, and he didn’t give it to her when she wanted it. So kick rocks, Luke. And we’ll catch ya’ on the other side when filming starts in September for your season. If you wanna check out RealitySteve.com, I’m sure I’ll have some of the girls for ya’ a couple days before you start filming if you wanna check them out. Now, go drive around Burnet, TX listening to Dan + Shay with a box of tissues in the passenger seat.

Until next week. Should be a doozy…

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. dogmomma

July 19, 2016 at 10:44 AM

This season was so hard to watch. JoJo is an attractive girl and her clothes were beautiful, but she didn’t seem to have any kind of personality other than someone who needed constant reassurance from men. The editing has been worse than normal, and the guys were the least believable of almost any other group. And to make things even worse, her final 2 were two of the biggest D-bags of the season, although there were several others that were right up there with them. I hope that Luke’s season isn’t a total joke, but it seems that this franchise has turned to gimmicks and fake drama in order to stay relevant.

2. jamie0811

July 19, 2016 at 10:50 AM

I love you even more now. #teamtaylor

3. crushonspivey

July 19, 2016 at 11:20 AM

dogmomma, I really like JoJo, I just think she is awful at choosing men. And the guys she had weren’t that great, but her final 2 were on her and were really bad choices for her. And based on her previous boyfriend as well, it shows she has a problem with choosing guys. Still does.

#TeamNoneOfThem. There are no winners in that battle. They all suck.

4. cjscjs711

July 19, 2016 at 11:33 AM

Have to admit, my reading of paragraph one Steve, ended in astonishment. After such a solemn and measured introduction, I was expecting a comment on the lives lost in Dallas (since you do live in Texas) or controversial commentary on why some or all Americans are so hated by certain populations, etc. Instead, the huge deal was about Taylor Swift? I had to Google it to make sure I hadn’t overlooked something earth shattering. But I saw the names Kardashians, Kim and Kanye and closed the browser window thinking, “Who the hell cares, whatever the personal matter of theirs is.”

@Dogmomma this season seems especially forced and hard to watch. The parts that actually seemed the least forced were the scenes involving Chad.

Not sure I’d jump to the conclusion it’s just Robbie and/or his family silencing Holly. It honestly isn’t even necessary for her to say anything, his denial on TV rings so false it reminds me of a bad, poorly-rehearsed soap opera.

5. cd12

July 19, 2016 at 11:48 AM

It’s so bad, I put off watching the episodes. Even Kaitlyn’s season felt more romantic. This is Jordan’s show and Jojo is doing the chasing. And when she’s not hanging on Jordan, she comes off as more of a girl”friend” or mother figure than a love interest with the others. And Robby is ridiculous with his self-created couple name. They can’t work around his bad acting, which is probably why their progression on screen is non-existent. Good luck to Jojo and Jordan.

6. bachelorwiseguy

July 19, 2016 at 11:52 AM

@cjscjs711, expecting some sort of social commentary from RS is delusional.

Yes, Jojo has no guy instinct for picking the right guy… except for Ben, lol. This is probably the worst season ever. Oh, wait, there was the Brit Matt Grant. Nevermind.

I’ll get right to it. I have inside Chico sources tied deeply to the Rodgers family. Here is the deal: Jordan and his old GF were tight with Aaron & Olivia Munn. So much so that Olivia hired GF as a personal assistant. When Jordan cheated Aaron & Olivia found out, so Oliva told the GF. So there is the reason Jordan and Aaron do not speak. Aaron was not happy when Jordan went on he show feeling he was only trying to promote himself on Aaron’s success. Also, the older brother Luke was caught talking crap about Aaron in a popular Chico bar and word got back to Aaron. Family and former coaches were involved and Luke told he F’d up. Another Rodgers not so well kept secret is that the parents are not a fan of Olivia Munn.

Now…Jojo does pick Jordan as the so called “winner.” But they’ve already broken up so I cant wait to see ATFR.

Follow me on Twitter @bachelorwiseguy for snarky comments and observations!

7. missannmcd

July 19, 2016 at 11:57 AM

I have to agree that this is the #mostforcedseasonever haha! Man, this show is pure desperation now and Luke’s won’t be any better. This bunch are the worst actors. Poke me with a fork I think I’m done.

8. missannmcd

July 19, 2016 at 12:02 PM

Are you seriously gonna ride RS’s site for your own 15 mins? LAME. Go away troll!

9. avatarista

July 19, 2016 at 12:34 PM

I vote Hope as the next Bachelorette!

10. angelfish

July 19, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Too funny that “bachelorwiseguy” seems to think he has some kind of “scoop” regarding info Steve reported months ago! LOL!

I’m #teamanybodybutkanye because he’s a disgusting and delusional thug.

11. samkwa

July 19, 2016 at 2:35 PM

So many Aaron mentions. Luke Rodgers called him “the other brother.” I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this guy holds the deepest grudge. The father threw shade about fame changing a person. And Jojo thinking she knows this family inside and out and “Jordan is nobody’s brother.” So icky if that’s what they were going for. Icky, icky show. lol

12. debsab4

July 19, 2016 at 3:28 PM

First off, I didn’t like Jojo from the onset. She’s too fake and its obvious to me that she is also in it for her five minutes of fame. That said, she deserves Robbie. They will end up done with their fake relationship before the Final Rose airs, if not already! Second, if Luke is smart he puts his foot down now in regards to him being the next bachelor. He should INSIST that he will only agree to be on the show if they get him REAL ladies and not a bunch of fame hounds! After all, he is one that seems genuine and whomever he ends up with will have to live on a farm and adapt to his lifestyle. Why put the guy through it all and have some bimbo decide one month latet that the lifestyle wasn’t for her. It’s the same crap every season! BACHELOR FRANCHISE GET SOME “REAL” people! You will still get drama but at least all will have true intentions! JEEZ!!

13. debsab4

July 19, 2016 at 3:29 PM

Right on MOMMA!!

14. kimmyfromdablock

July 19, 2016 at 8:08 PM

I don’t mind JoJo. She seems like a kind person. I don’t think you can really make a judgment on the “wow” factor of someone’s personality based on their appearance and edit on this show.

I do agree with others who have commented about the pack of duds she has on this show. The only one who seemed genuine to me in the end was Chase. I absolutely cannot stand Jordan. I hate his stupid hair, I hate the way he walks, I hate his skinny jeans and I hate the way he gropes and mauls JoJo. He has a huge icky factor in my book.

Robby is just so plastic. No appeal to be with a guy who seems to put more effort into his looks than his girl.

I find the show entertaining, but this season is overall pretty dull.

15. linds

July 19, 2016 at 9:25 PM

I feel the same way about Chase! He has seemed the most genuine.

16. LM111

July 19, 2016 at 9:30 PM

I’m sure the producers forced it, BUT… Jojo mentioned Aaron’s name SO MANY TIMES it made her look like an obsessed fan. I mean, come on, if Jordon said he had a riff with his older brother, she wouldn’t be hounding him like that. Painful to watch. I can only imagine how annoyed I’d be if I were Jordon.

Point #2 – Jordon, for the love of God, get rid of the skinny pants! They make you look way too feminine to be straight.

Point #3 – Luke was the only marriage-able guy in the final four, but he forgot one thing… people like to be around happy people… when you never smile, you’re not much fun to hang out with.

17. LynnMJ

July 19, 2016 at 11:08 PM

Haha…did anyone else hear Robbie say “I’m going to nip this in the butt”? It’s “bud”, Robbie.

18. cheriev

July 20, 2016 at 12:09 AM

I am adding a new t shirt to my collection to go with my ” nobody for president ”

And Jojo’s final 2?- ” nobody for husband ”

Too bad the final 2 both have girl drama seems her picker is off and I’m not sure but I feel like she is one of the more interrogating bachelorette . Don’t get me wrong , interrogation isn’t a bad thing when it comes to speed dating but it’s what she does with the info that baffles .

Like Andi she goes with her “type ” which seems like a mistake .

I think Luke will be an interesting choice , smiley or not! A broody sincere eloquent Bach … I’ll watch .

19. yoyotono

July 20, 2016 at 6:55 AM

This episode was beyond boring to watch. I agree with your assessment of Jojo, Jordan, and Robby. I think Luke’s great. Do the contestants choose their job titles or is it the producers? I hate any job title that says “former”, what are they doing now?

Also, what are your thoughts on Chad having his own show? Is that seriously being done or is it a ploy for controversy?

Last, if you’re going to take sides with the Taylor and Kimye feud, at least explain why you’re Team Taylor? I’m personally Team Kimye as the video evidence is proof Taylor and/or publicist lied. I’m also Team Calvin. I’m just sick of hearing about everyone bullying poor little Regina George.

20. missannmcd

July 20, 2016 at 11:15 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Robby’s hairline looks like a bad ad for the Hair Club For Men? Yuckers! Luke is such a snoozefest. Evan was just a joke I think. I mean, come on… skinny runt with a Snidely Whiplash look. And his hair, umm… just no. Where do they find these guys? Did you see Jordan’s dad? THAT is how Jordan and his brother Luke are going to look like when they are their dad’s age! Double yuckers. And now for Jojo… she’s playing the puppet better than most. It’s too bad it’s just so obvious. Lights on but no one is home. Boring zzzzzz

21. sb

July 24, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Soooo…just so I’m understanding correctly, you’re reading a blog that recaps/gossips about a reality TV show, challenging the author about why he’s commenting on the TSwift/Kardashian feud vs. SERIOUS ISSUES in the media? Yeah, okay. ??