Bachelor in Paradise 3

“Bachelor in Paradise” Recap & the Next “Bachelor” Being Announced Tonight

Photo Credit: ABC

She didn’t just write a whole fictional book about their relationship and every single solitary story she relayed about her time with Josh was just randomly taken out of thin air. Of course it’s her side of things, but to dismiss them completely isn’t being objective at all. She was engaged to the man. She lived with him. Wouldn’t the only person that knows what happened other than Josh be her? Whatever the case, Amanda made it clear in US Weekly last week that she’s not paying attention, she hasn’t read it, doesn’t plan on reading it, and will continue burying her head in the sand. To each their own.

-Amanda is crying after her talk with the twins, Josh comes down to comfort her, she says she doesn’t want to talk about it, Josh is confused, Amanda said she’s confused too, which is making Josh more confused. She relays what the twins said to her about him not being pure with his intentions, Josh’s blood reaches 250 degrees, and calls a meeting with everyone else there because Josh has something to say and he’s gonna say it, dammit. He asks who has something against him, why they’re interfering in his and Amanda’s relationship, and if anyone has something to say, say it to his face. Nick says he doubts Josh’s intentions, and because the argument was so choppy (they kept cutting back to Amanda being consoled by other girls), it was hard to get a flow of the conversation. But Nick made it known he doesn’t know if he believes Josh, Josh wanted a specific example, and Nick brought up the sleeping arrangement from the night before. Josh went off on him, accused Nick of interfering and being jealous because Amanda didn’t like him, and basically didn’t listen to what Nick said. This went on quite a bit.

-Then Nick really got Mount Vesuvius Murray on the verge of exploding by bringing up Andi’s book. Nick says he just can’t dismiss the whole thing as fiction like Josh does when the stuff she wrote about him was true, which was an excellent point. Now Nick in his Afterbuzz and Channel 33 interviews did say that Andi’s interpretation of what happened was different than his, but what she wrote is what actually happened. And I’m guessing that’s where Josh differs as well if he ever got around to reading the book. Josh has admitted he hasn’t read it, so he’s just going off what people (his mother) are telling him is in it. But it’s utterly ludicrous for Josh to condemn Andi’s book and call it fictional when he has never read it. That’s just about the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. Probably hasn’t read it because he doesn’t want to look in the mirror and have to remember what he said and did.

-Even though this will never happen, at least publicly, is Josh needs to sit down with someone, have someone read him passages from the book where Andi tells a specific story of an instance with Josh, then Josh retorts with his side. I’m sure none of those stories will ever have him saying, “That never happened.” It would be more like, “Well yeah, but that’s her version. Here’s mine.” So it is possible that everything Andi wrote in the book are things that did happen with her and Josh, it’s just that Josh sees it differently than her. Just like Nick admitted. But to call the whole book fictional and full of lies is killing Josh’s credibility. Especially when he then follows it up with inspirational quotes and saying it’s in God’s hands. Josh is screwed because 1) he got involved with the wrong girl who ended up writing a book about him. Sucks, but it happened, and unless he’s going to refute everything she wrote in the book, Andi comes out smelling better in a lot of people’s eyes and 2) people are seeing exactly what Andi wrote in the book about him (jealous, controlling, short tempered) playing out on an edited TV show. I mean, each episode is 3 days of filming. We’re getting 80 minutes of a possible 72 hours of footage, and we STILL see Josh as controlling, jealous, and short tempered. But hey, it’s Amanda’s life now. Plenty of people see it, there’s a book out there explaining it, but it’s in her hands and she’ll handle it how she sees fit.

-Josh ends up talking to Amanda privately after, and says his intentions are pure because “I haven’t done anything for 6 months…my dog has had cancer….I wanna have a family…I wanna have kids…” Amanda is crying during Josh’s blow up because the twins aren’t the first people that have warned her. Evan warned her. Izzy warned her. Nick warned her. So here she is admitting that’s now four people who’ve warned her about him, but yet, it’s impossible to believe any of it is true? Why? Because he’s constantly kissing you and won’t let you up for air? Eventually Amanda comes around on Josh, “I trust you…I know that stuff isn’t true…” and all is good in Amanda/Josh land. And Amanda knows that stuff isn’t trrrruuuuuuuuue, how? Get back to me when you have an answer on that one.

-Now the last batch of people are entering the show. Jami Letain from Ben’s season shows up, for whatever reason everyone is sleeping and Wells is the only one there to greet her, she asks him out, he says yes, and Ashley is still stuck in REM sleep. She has no idea Wells is out with another girl, but once she gets up, everyone is fully expecting Operation Ashley Freak Out to commence. Surprisingly, it doesn’t. She says she’s fine with it while Wells is off jumping into waterfalls and making out with Jami. Maybe Ashley was a little more jealous last night watching? Hell if I know. But we couldn’t end the episode without one last confrontation and that’s Caila and Ashley having yet another talk about Ashley doubting her intentions with Jared. This causes Caila to say she wants to leave and Ashley basically packing her bags for her. Of course, Ashley took to Twitter last night and got mad at fans for her behavior saying there’s stuff we didn’t see, so it’ll be interesting to read her recap this week since she claims she’s gonna share stuff with us to prove her point. I’ll retweet it today if/when she posts it.

So tonight, I’m assuming we’ll see Caila leave and Jared follow her, and Shushanna enters the show and also goes out with Wells. That’s all we saw on the previews. Only Lauren Himle and Tiara Soleim are left to come on. Not sure if we’re getting them tonight or next Monday. I believe the finale is next Tuesday since Monday the 12th is the DWTS premiere. But I’ll double check the scheduling to see. Until tomorrow…

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. bunnybuns

August 30, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Okay, I don’t normally say this but why doesn’t Jarod just tell Ashley I. to f*ck off. I know this is harsh but I mean really! Why is he enabling her? He’s willing to risk a great relationship to babysit Ashley who is quickly becoming a stalker. I’m sure she’s a nice girl and all but get on with your life already!!! That’s all from me! Thanks, Cathy

2. kimmyfromdablock

August 30, 2016 at 12:17 PM

I totally agree with you bunnybuns (nice name). I was thinking why does he continue to babysit her — what a weasel. Run Caila run!!

How does Amanda not see what everyone is warning her about? He actually did a demonstration for her last night. The guy is a hot headed, aggressive loser!! She is one desperate dim bulb.

I have enjoyed Carly’s turnaround with Evan.

Wells was a breath of fresh air.

August 30, 2016 at 12:33 PM

I gotta say, Josh is a complete idiot to think that he could come on a Reality Show to rehab his image. You can just see the producers pushing his buttons by sending Evan and Nick into poke him repeatedly. The entire goal is to get Josh to melt down on national TV. Now if Josh was, in fact, a laid back guy, he’d probably come off OK. He’d be a little annoyed, maybe complain, but he wouldn’t contort his face, turn bright red and act as angry as he does unless…. he has a real problem with anger. Evan had a quote a few episodes back where he said that people who regurgitate affirmational quotes all the time are just trying to hide their real self.

That’s what Josh does and it’s very transparent. He can’t control is anger, and he flashes it quite easily. It’s been an epic fail on his part trying to look good & repair his image. He’s done the opposite. I can totally see what Andi was saying.

4. crushonspivey

August 30, 2016 at 12:34 PM

My favorite part of last night was after Cailla and Ashley had their fight and agreed to stay away from each other, they showed them sitting together talking by the pool when Wells walked in. So yeah, that fight wasn’t toally staged and fake.

Another favorite part was seeing Nick and Josh sit on opposite sides of someone chatting. Because, you know, they hate each other and avoid each other. But I did love teh Jersey Shore style fake fight.

And if you have not figured out that this show is highly scripted and manipulated, you are dumb. By scripted I do not mean the words are written and they are memorizing lines. by scripted I mean teh talks and fights are choreographed. Who talks to who about what is choreographed. Who enters when is choreographed. Seriously, how many times this season alone have we seen someone talk about someone for them to walk in next? Seriously, they aren’t even trying to hide it. They want maximum fake drama, and have put together the show to reflect that.

And as for the engagements? LOLZ. none of those couples even like each other. Don’t BS me into thinking any of them are really engaged. Stop the BS Elan. Seriously, stop it.

Steve, keep up the good work taking the p*$$ out of this franchise. But you really need to be more brutal towards BIP contestants. They deserve it.

5. duckquack

August 30, 2016 at 1:45 PM

Dumbshley is entertainment for the Bachelor in Paradise, the writers for the show are square pegs, with no imagination….Dumbshley is fuggley when she opens her mouth it looks like a cow’s as___hole, and then the p__s starts flowing and drowning her face.

For as long as one party is deeply in love with the other they can’t have a friendship, nor can Dumbshley force someone to love her if they don’t….This stooopid girl should have gone to 5 weeks of therapy instead of taking her a_s to Mexico….A drunk is a drunk and they will follow alcohol no matter where it leads them….Jared is nice to her out of pity, and she wants people to pity her, dumb LOSER.

Not sure why they bring bleached twins on the show, they would do much better at traveling circus than this show…bah..get rid of these two plastic dummies.
    Go Evan go!!
    Nick poking the bear worked like a charm.

6. maddie17

August 30, 2016 at 2:22 PM

As someone whose had my fair share of relationship woes (read: obsessions), I can look back and appreciate the men who were honest and upfront about how they felt about me. It would hurt to know that they couldn’t picture me romantically, but it hurt less than the several times I was strung along by emotionally unavailable men. Yes I take full responsibility for knowing that something wasn’t right, but I was not strong enough to walk away because I wanted it to work out so badly. With that said, it’s time for Jared to man up.

I liked Ashley on The Bachelor even with all her craziness, but BIP is another story. If at this point Jared said he wanted to be with her, would it even feel special? Knowing that you had to beg a guy to be with you, what does that tell you about your worth? I admire Caila for being so restrained last night, I might have lost it on Ashley who you can clearly see manipulating Caila and enjoying every bit of it. Even if Ashley is saying that we didn’t see everything as a way of trying to defend her behaviour, you get to a point in your life where you want to be with someone who wants you as much as you want them. That knowing should be enough to stop being cruel and truly being happy for your “friend” Jared if he’s found this with someone else (I’ve never been a fan of being friends with an ex since it can be complicated, but to each his own). And KNOWING that your turn is coming; you should become love, so you can attract love. Mean-girling Caila will not get her closer to her goal.

As for Josh and Amanda, it doesn’t matter how many people tell her he’s not right (not saying he’s not), if she wants to be with him, she’ll be with him.

7. thedoctor

August 30, 2016 at 5:44 PM

This show is making no f-inf sense. Ant others have stated so fake and producer driven. The twins do all they can to stay even given the Canadian guy a really lame kiss and now a couple days later decide to leave. Why?

Time to revamp this train wreck. More drunkedness, more nudity, more hookups.

8. cjscjs711

August 30, 2016 at 6:17 PM

Josh really should have read Andi’s book. I’m sure she could have said a lot more about him (negatively) than she did. It was about her experience going through a very public breakup (that the public seemed to feel entitled to an explanation about). They broke up, there was a reason why, or reasons – of course there’s going to be some negative experiences. Who breaks up because there were too many positive experiences.

9. angelamarie32

August 30, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Really???? Nick is the next Bachelor?! Kill me now!

10. thedoctor

August 30, 2016 at 8:48 PM

So looks like the whole season of BIP was set up to lead to Nick being the Bach, NO wonder the season sucked so much.

11. yoyotono

August 30, 2016 at 9:41 PM

I’m super surprised Nick is the Bachelor. I would have been fine with either Nick or Luke

August 31, 2016 at 7:14 AM

I think it’s as simple as the fact that Luke wasn’t up to the Bachelor standards. He’d be another Chris. Boring. With Nick, he’s well known and definitely not boring. To some, he’s a redemption story. To others he’s a self centered player and a bad guy. Either way, that’s good for ratings. RS always says it’s about the story lines and the women, and he’s largely right. But if the show thinks they can squeeze another 100-200K+ viewers out of a better Bachelor choice, that’s what they’ll do. Certainly the choice of Nick has already gained way more attention on Social Media than Luke would have. Controversy = Retweets, Shares & Interest.

August 31, 2016 at 7:20 AM

In some ways picking Nick is not unlike the last minute choice of JoJo. The usual choice would have been Caila because of the difficulties with trying to make the F2 credible (bye Ben, hello Bachelorette) and timing…. but Caila is kinda boring. So the show decided to juice it up, deal with the extra complexities and pick JoJo. I think that was the right pick, although the season was still a bit of a dud. You have to say that Caila would have been deadly boring & certainly wouldn’t have helped at all.

The show is definitely opening up to more bolder choices for the leads rather than choosing between last year’s F3 & F4 for the role. At this point they haven’t gone outside the show for a lead in a long time. But, who knows? That’s a good thing, I think. Sticking to a dull formula stubbornly is a recipe for ratings decline and failure. Maybe the show finally realizes that they have to spruce things up.