Bachelor in Paradise 3

“Bachelor In Paradise” Recap, Reality TV Awards Voting, & Nick/Jen Drama Amps Up

Photo Credit: ABC

-There was another mini storyline also going on last night, and that was Brett and Izzy. Bottom line: Izzy dumped Vinny for Brett, Lauren Himle shows up, Brett makes out with her, likes his connection and her 13 year old voice better than Izzy, he tells Izzy he’d rather try and bang Lauren, and Izzy leaves. The funniest part of Izzy leaving on her own is, well, 1) That decision to dump Vinny was now made about 50 times worse when the guy she dumped him for dumps her in a matter of two seconds when a new girl arrives, and 2) the phone call to Vinny in the car accomplished nothing. Not only because Vinny wasn’t receptive to it but, ummmmm, did the producers of this show forget that Vinny and Izzy were just on “After Paradise” a couple weeks ago and we know their resolution? Showing us what happened back in June when we just got a live update in August was fairly counterproductive if you ask me. Not to mention the fact when she called him, she started off by saying “I chose to leave Paradise…” Ummm, no you didn’t. Brett threw you out like 3 day old lunch, so THEN you decided to leave. Big difference.

-I don’t really think Vinny and Izzy are seeing each other right now. I know we saw the TMZ video of them the day after “After Paradise” at LAX and on the same flight back to the east coast and her resting in his lap, but hey, that’s par for the course for this show. Just because two people in this franchise are close, or are hooking up, or are hanging out all the time and posting on social media, doesn’t mean they are exclusively dating. I’ve lost count of how many people from this franchise I’ve heard about hanging out/hooking up together but weren’t dating. I’m not even sure these contestants know what the word dating means. Hell, I’ve heard on more than one occasion where someone THOUGHT they actually were dating one of the guys, but then I happen to be in contact with another female from the franchise and she’s telling me that particular guy is hitting on her. So yeah, puts me in a very awkward position. I will tell you that when it’s happened, I just stay out of it. I keep all my relationships within the franchise separate from people.

-I know it’s a weird dynamic, and yeah, frankly sometimes I do want to say something and alert someone that I know is being played or cheated on, but that’s not my part. Because it could then set off a chain reaction and I just don’t want to be a part of it. It’s one of the few things I dislike about this job. I’ve been put in some seriously awkward positions by people that I’m talking to, but I can’t even tell them it’s an awkward position because they have no idea who else I speak with. Does that make sense? It’s not confusing to me because I’m living it, but I could see where you might be confused. Yeah, it’s happened. More than once. And it sucks. But it’s pretty much how I keep track of who’s been with who and who’s hooked up with who. Word travels fast within this franchise, that’s for sure. I know your reaction will probably be, “Pleeeeeease, tell us who you’re talking about.” Ha ha that’s funny. If I didn’t tell the people directly involved, why would I share it publicly? There are some things better left unsaid. Unless I decide to write a book someday. I guess then it could be interesting since time will have passed. I don’t know. Still don’t really feel comfortable doing that. I’m just thinking out loud now. Moving on.

At the cocktail party before the rose ceremony, there was really not much up for grabs. The only rose in question was Wells, and if he’d give it to Ashley, Shushy (by the way, that’s my cute little nickname for her because I don’t want to spell the whole thing out) or Jami. He meets with all three at the cocktail party and here’s what happened:

-In his talk with Jami, she was really interested in like his life and stuff. Then they made out because, well, apparently Wells is now got more game in his pinky finger than everyone else combined. Who knew he’d turn into Rico Suave on this show? Especially considering we knew there’d be no way he’d end up picking Jami.

-With Ashley, I don’t even really remember much of a conversation, other than she was confident and they kissed. A lot.

-With Shushy, she just wanted to leave. There was definitely plenty left on the cutting room floor regarding her exit, because that basically came out of nowhere. I think in the season preview we even saw her cursing the camera in that green dress, which we never saw last night. Just know she wasn’t happy with the show, told them off, and her exit was a little more dramatic than that.

-So now the rose ceremony begins, and most of these were quite obvious:

Josh to Amanda
Nick to Jen
Grant to Lace
Evan to Carly
Brett gave his rose to no one because he felt he didn’t quite have a strong connection yet. Although in another editing blunder that seems to happen once a season, when Brett was giving his speech, you could see Ashley already had her rose. Here he is before giving his rose out, then the very next shot of all the girls standing there. Woopsie.

Brett1Brett2

Wells to Ashley. Gee, you don’t say? Maybe if the editors didn’t have a brain fart, we would’ve been surprised.

1. purplerayne

September 6, 2016 at 10:02 AM

At 26, I think Jen (and Lauren’s) definition of dumped is very different from the majority of adults. Maybe they both need to read Hes Not That Into You.

September 6, 2016 at 10:23 AM

Based on how my millennial children date, Jen’s idea of what constitutes a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship is not even in the same zip code. Talking through social media does not equal a committed relationship. Two weeks together at the beach, at most, would constitute a hookup, even if they had sex (which I’m not sure Jen and Nick even had sex). It wouldn’t rise to the level of being called “dating” and they would never be considered boyfriend/girlfriend. So, by definition, there was no way there could have been a breakup. They were never together.

So either this is Producer manufactured drama, or Jen is from another planet.

3. beckola

September 6, 2016 at 1:31 PM

If it were me and I was getting along with someone I’d suggest we do the engagement to get the $100k+ ring. From what I read they don’t actually have to get married to keep it just be together 2 years after. So if you plan on dating post show anyway, why not just give it a try. If you break up you give it back but if you stay together and do end up deciding to get married, you have a nice mutual asset to possibly sell and get a more ‘normal’$10kish ring plus $90k+ to put down on a house, start a family, etc..

4. atleast4characters

September 6, 2016 at 4:40 PM

I was awaiting Monday’s episode to see them omit the scene of Shu crying and asking “why are you making me cry?” because it was obvious her question was directed at the interviewer in her ITM. Of course they used a clip of it without the full context in the season previews (see the first episode, or even JoJo’s Men Tell All episode).
    Shushanna’s my Emily (a reference to Steve’s mild infatuation with Emily the epidemiologist from Stormhorse’s season). I just hope she now has the sense to stay away from this franchise.

5. shouldbeworking

September 6, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Jen: Face it, Nick just used you for sex.
    Josh: You really should get that hyperhydrosis checked. That was nasty looking at all that sweating tonight.
    Amanda: If you think Josh is going to allow your daughter to sleep in the same bed as you and him- think again.
    Michelle Collins: Hope you’re not invited back next season. You can tell Sean can’t stand you.
    Grant and Lace: Good luck…..you’re going to need it.

6. kimmyfromdablock

September 6, 2016 at 7:14 PM

I’m not a big fan of Nick and his closed mouth slushy voice…..but c’mon. What guy or gal isn’t going to grab a Bachelor/ette offer and run with it??? Unless he thought Jen was the love of his life, then why not? He’s smarmy and he can get his smarm on with a whole gaggle of gals.

7. TeresaRenee

September 6, 2016 at 11:16 PM

Jen is probably pissed bc Nick sweet talked his way into bed with her and broke things off the next day.

8. jlal

September 7, 2016 at 5:52 AM

I agree with everyone here that Nick didn’t “dump” Jen. You have to actually have a relationship first to be dumped.
    Josh’s sweating was just over the top and gross. Don’t think he and Amanda will last.
    Don’t care for Michelle Collins either.
    Can’t stand the way Nick talks, slushy is the best word I can use. It has bothered me since I first saw him on the Bachelorette. I don’t think he is “in it for the right reasons”, but than none of them are. Guess I am too old to see what young girls find attractive about him; I don’t get it at all.
    Love Evan and Carly and hope they make it all the way.
    Lace and Grant, may just be perfect together. He gets her brand of crazy.

9. missannmcd

September 7, 2016 at 10:51 PM

Lace just might be capable of kicking Grant’s a$$ if or when he cheats. I’m with the poster who wonders why women are so attracted to Nick. I know his type; he makes himself agreeable and sympathizes with women (victims) on purpose. He knows he will get them into bed through his false but convincing sincerity act. He’s come to “save” her. It’s all very obvious to me how devious he is. There are plenty more like him. *gagging* Anyway, did anyone watch Ashley I on the Millionare Matchmaker?