Bachelor Arie Spoilers

“Bachelor” Notes, Arie Spoiling His Own Season, New Info on “Winter Games”

Photo Credit: Hollywood Reporter

As for Winter Games, sorry I haven’t posted anything on it since I tweeted out the US cast last Tuesday during the opening ceremonies. This person was an extra on opening ceremony day and wrote about it for the “Hollywood Reporter.” Filming should end next week sometime, and according to Robert Mills, we finally have a little more clarity on how this show will air. Yesterday on his radio show, he talks about it in the first 10 minutes. You can listen here:

So if I’m hearing him correctly, this show will begin airing about a month and half into Arie’s season, and will coincide with the two week run of the real Winter Olympics happening. This show will air for 2 weeks, but it’ll air on Tuesday and Thursday both weeks. He didn’t say how long the episodes were, but if they’re believed to be two hours all four nights, that’s basically the equivalent of a BIP season, just a tad shorter. Makes sense since, well, this is essentially just BIP in the winter with an international team comprised of contestants who have been on the “Bachelor” or “Bachelorette” in other countries. They are staying at the Hermitage Club in Wilmington, VT which I’m told is a very exclusive, private club. These were some pictures taken the day before the parade took place as the set up was going on:

As I tweeted out the day of the opening ceremonies last Tuesday, this is your US team:

(Men):
Ben Higgins
Michael Garofola
Josiah Graham
Dean Unglert
Luke Pell
Eric Bigger
Jamey Kocan (Rachel’s season)

(Women):
Lesley Murphy
Clare Crawley
Ashley Iaconetti
Bibiana Julian (Arie’s season)
Lauren Griffin (Arie)

Now, because I don’t watch any of the international shows (like 99% of you except maybe Bachelor: Canada), I had no idea who these international people were. But due to the numerous emails I received from people who actually do follow this stuff, I can give you the list of people that were seen out there. There are more international contestants than on this list, but these were the ones that were seen at the parade that others were able to identify. I appreciate those who contacted me with this since I had zero interest in looking these people up and finding out who they were, what season they were on, what their storyline was, etc. I’ll just give you their name and what country’s show they were on (clicking on their name brings you to a link about them or their IG):

(Women):
Lily McManus-Semchyshyn (Bachelor: New Zealand)
Ally Thompson (Bachelor: New Zealand)
Tiffany Scanlon (Bachelor: Australia)
Nastassia Yaramchuk (Bachelor: Sweden)
Rebecca Karlsson (Bachelor: Sweden)
Laura Blair (Bachelor: UK)
Jenny Helenius (Bachelor: Finland)

(Men):
Courtney Dober (Bachelorette: Australia)
Christian Rauch (Bachelorette: Germany)
Kevin Wendt (Bachelorette: Canada)
Benoit Beauséjour-Savard (Bachelorette: Canada)

I don’t think this is going to be a yearly show. This is overkill. I don’t know why they’d think most US fans are interested in half the cast being people we have no idea about and have never seen. I get they’re trying to mix it up, but come February, we’re gonna have a two week run where “Bachelor” programming will be on 3 days a week. Arie on Mondays, then Winter Games on Tuesdays and Thursdays. O. Ver. Kill. Hey, not my decision. I heard this was thought up once everything went down with BIP this summer and they thought there wouldn’t be a season, so they scrambled to have a “BIP in Winter” show. Whatever the case, I’ll watch, but I won’t cover this nearly as closely as I do their other shows. Any spoilers I get I’ll pass along, but this just doesn’t seem the least bit interesting to me.

Enjoy the weekend, I know I will, and I’ll talk to you next week sometime.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page, or listen to all my podcasts at Apple Podcasts. Talk to you next week.

1. tater

December 13, 2017 at 9:32 AM

Why will they not post Bekahs age, what’s the big deal? Can’t wait for this!

2. tinyred500

December 13, 2017 at 12:33 PM

Goodness, one contestant for the Winter Games from the British Bachelor?! There has been only one…way back when 2012 (?!) with Spencer Mathews as the lead. Oh how the franchise’s producers are scraping the barrel! lol

3. ladyjane747

December 13, 2017 at 12:54 PM

Technically, Arie didn’t spoil it; the fiancee did. He posted first. If she hadn’t posted from the exact same spot, it wouldn’t have been spoiled. And he didn’t post that group racing pic; a friend did. So SHE’S the one who spoiled it, not him. Now there’s Janu-Arie along with Juan-uary. You think they would’ve learned the first time…

4. bachfanamber

December 13, 2017 at 2:40 PM

There was also Gavin Henson the professional rugby player (ex hubby of Charlotte Church) among others in the UK… slim pickings either way though!!

5. veno

December 14, 2017 at 12:28 AM

Wow so you’re s self proclaimed bully? When will you stop? When someone from this franchise takes their life because of you? Spoiling the show is one thing but going out of your way to personally attack people and their character is another, you may not be jealous of Arie but you are sure as hell not happy in your own life as a close to 50 “man” to gossip about young people lol I literally haven’t been on this site since Chris Soules season and yet nothing has changed. I hope you are granted real happiness in your life so that you forget to hate on other people’s happiness bye

6. tinyred500

December 14, 2017 at 7:51 AM

I missed that one completely! Can you remember when it was on? Was it on the Satellite channels or terrestrial telly? 😉 From what I know or seen, he wasn’t the the brightest spark! Lol

7. tinyred500

December 14, 2017 at 7:58 AM

Steve used to be really funny, but I do have to agree, he does appear to have an issue with Arie for some reason I can’t fathom. Steve comes across as too mean on a very personal level too. 🙁

8. aanz

December 14, 2017 at 10:26 AM

If rumoured Jordan Mauger is on winter games for NZ he was painfully boring! He made Juan Pablo look like the dream bachelor…… ^_^

9. tinyred500

December 14, 2017 at 11:07 AM

I managed to find some info about Bachelor UK, they were shown on Channel 5. I didn’t see any of the series’s, and like most peeps wouldn’t have heard of the original American version at the time.

10. bachfanamber

December 14, 2017 at 1:52 PM

My view of him really changed after that show! I was living in the UK at the time and knew someone on his season and yes she confirmed he was just as hot in person but not very intellectual at all… apparently all the girls were complaining how boring he was but they put in the effort to “win” and further their fame etc.

January 1, 2018 at 1:52 PM

I’ll grant you that the “Not Peter” stuff is becoming tedious. He needs to find a fresher line. But it’s hard to be sympathetic to Arie. He’s sold himself hard more than once for this role and has apparently slept his way around with women from the franchise. Arie is right where he wants to be and he gets everything that comes with it. He gets the cash and prizes including the attention and the opportunity to sleep with a few more women in the Fantasy Suite. And he gets the criticism and mockery that comes with being a reality “star”. Calling RS a bully for mocking Arie is a gross misuse of the word. Arie will be mocked far and wide during this season by network and cable TV shows and local radio hosts and bloggers alike.

12. pepelg

January 2, 2018 at 3:21 AM

Great job Steve on the heads up. You say things like it is and are somewhat ‘normal’ in commenting on some of these contestants expectations. I have a question: how come there are no Asian women on the show this season? Seems like there are plenty of white, more black woman than usual but I didn’t see any type of Asian.

13. raynebeauty25

January 9, 2018 at 1:09 AM

Tsk tsk!! 22 seasons and these ppl still don’t know how to keep a secret. They should know better than to post pics! But Reality Steve strikes again with clear proof on public display too. However, even if we didn’t have the spoilers, Arie is a straightforward guy… he reminds me of Ben. First date=last woman. Boring because he’s predictable. Well, at least he is the kissing bandit lol. Anyway, it’s fun to see how far producers will go to cover up the obvious.

14. raynebeauty25

January 9, 2018 at 1:54 AM

Also, I’m surprised people thought Peter could be the next bachelor… I had not seen Rachel’s season until a week ago and did a marathon of all the episodes and the one thing that struck me about Peter (that Rachel put very succinctly during last episode) was that “the show was not suited for him” – since he couldn’t compromise with the proposal aspect. I don’t know why the producers thought they could convince him otherwise ..as the next bachelor. During the show, Rachel was only summarizing their relationship and he said he felt “attacked.” He is much too stubborn and practical, guarded about love and has commitment issues, sounds like your typical romance novel male protagonist, unfortunately in real life, it only translates to heartbreak.