Bachelor in Paradise 4

“Bachelor in Paradise 4” Episode 1 Recap, “Baby Bachelor in Paradise” Episode 2, & Executives Speak on the Franchise

Photo Credit: ABC

-With all the summer build up to last night’s premiere, I mean, THAT’s what we got? Even though we were told in interviews with Chris Harrison in recent weeks that that particular footage would never see the light of day, still, I thought we’d get more than what we saw last night. Please tell me they’re going to show at least a little more of the DeMario/Corinne interaction from the first night, not just them frolicking in the water during the day. Yes, I understand we’re not going to see anything scandalous. Certainly we’re not going to see the graphic sexual interaction that DeMario described during his interview with E!. But hell, they never even showed them kissing last night. Just a bunch of hugging, lifting, and straddling. Certainly we can draw our own conclusions that they made out after that, but to not even show it after ALL the stories over the summer seemed a bit bizarre. We’re going to get our fair share of DeMario/Corinne talk this season. Tonight Chris talks to everyone about it, and it looks like next week is when we’re going to get Chris’ sit down with both of them which was taped this past weekend apparently. I’m just surprised that’s all they showed of them being physical.

-Do you realize it took almost half of the show to introduce the whole cast last night? It was 7:50 before everyone that was part of the initial cast had arrived on that first day. Nothing really happened. Yeah, we saw some flirting start between a few of the couples, but basically nothing happened for almost an hour of the show last night. I always find it funny how when people start arriving, take for example Rachel’s guys, like one guy from Rachel’s season is already there, then another one shows up, and that guy already makes a B-line for that guy to basically scream, “I know him! We’re boys! He was on my season!” Yes, we know. You were all talking before the season anyway. Can you act like a normal human when he shows up? I expect that from the girls. Plenty of Nick’s girls did it. But my gosh, I felt like Iggy and Dean were going to mount each other in the sand. Please. They both knew the other one would be there. So dumb.

-Of course, the funniest part of BIP has always been the opening credits. It’s the time where we know this show doesn’t take itself nearly as serious as the “Bachelor” or “Bachelorette.” And they got some good ones in there, namely, Amanda being chased by a slick of pizza, and Vinny karate chopping a lamp, in reference to Brett the lamp guy stealing Izzy from him last season. Not bad. Robby in ass cheek jean shorts left a lot to be desired, and Lacey squirting sun tan lotion all over herself, I think, is a play on Daniel’s intro last year squirting maple syrup all over himself. We know they get to the end together this season, so maybe that’s why they did that for her open. But some clever ones for sure. Good job. And that was basically the humor for the night. Well, no. Raven killing Robby was pretty funny as well.

-Chris Harrison greeted us all, shoeless for some odd reason (couldn’t even wear any flip flops on the beach?), to tell us what we’d be seeing last night was the first three days of filming right up to when everything got shut down, which was the right before the first rose ceremony took place. It was a normal season with early hookups, guys marking their territory, and Robby’s out of control hair. Seriously. That guy has spent more time in his hair in a week than I have my whole life. And nice touch with the eyeliner as well. Right? That had to be eyeliner because that doesn’t make any sense otherwise. Robby is an enigma for which there are no answers. We’ll just let him be, which apparently now is “social media influencer,” and just laugh our asses off at that. The fact that he’s claiming that is downright hilarious. Ummmm, exactly what is he influencing? Hooking up with ex flings at Zac Brown Band concerts in Colorado? That’s about all I can come up with. Robby is as much a social media influencer as Corinne is spokeswoman for responsible drinking.

-Paradise likes to push the narrative of, “Hey, we’ve had engagements, weddings and pregnancies from this show.” Well, two in three seasons. You might’ve had a 15 minute Marcus/Lacey wedding on season 2, but c’mon, we all know what a joke that was. Wasn’t even real. Jade and Tanner? Legit. Now they’re due with their first baby soon. Carly and Evan? We’ll see that wedding tonight, and we just found out they’re recently pregnant as well. So that’s two. Of course, lets not bring up the Amanda/Josh engagement from last season, or the Grant/Lace one either. You’ll be hearing more about that come Thursday when Lace is my guest on the podcast. I loved her honesty about the situation and I think you will too. I can say that Lace answered everything I threw at her, so I appreciate that in any guest.

August 15, 2017 at 7:03 AM

I’ve heard the comment from a woman before (obviously not directed at me) that they stopped dating someone because the guy was “prettier than me”. What that essentially means is the guy is not anything close to a normal and “real” guy. We don’t have to be pigs necessarily, we should shower, put on clean clothes and make and effort to look decent for our women. But if a guy is staring at himself in the mirror for more than a minute and playing with his hair, there might be a problem. When a guy has a full on female hairstyle (was that a modified Bee-Hive?) and wears makeup, that just takes it to a completely unacceptable level. The abs are fine. Nothing wrong with working out and looking buff (I can remember having a six-pack…so… long… ago). But it’s really feminine when you start obsessing with your hair, face, tan, etc. So Robby, wow. Obviously he’s way more into himself than he could ever be in to a woman…. or a man. Or maybe not. If there is a 0-100 manly scale, Robby is a zero. Straight on. Normally you have to be gay to be that feminine. Is that the deal? Or is it just straight out narcissism? He’s kind of out on his own island, and I guess he likes it just fine.

2. jlal

August 15, 2017 at 11:26 AM

I had no issue when single dating really good looking guys. The issue is when the guy is into himself more than he is into you. Also, guys think girls are just into the physical like most guys, when that is not true at all. Certainly looks catch your eye, but personality is way, way more important. I never was attracted to the over smooth, buffed, extremely muscled guys either. Raven was too funny after their date and I was so happy that she wasn’t taken in by him.

I get it that younger guys are more metro males than older dudes for the most part. Have no issue with, as Rob stated above, a guy being clean, groomed, etc. and even appreciate some manscaping. But, Robby’s hair is just way, way too much. Didn’t notice the eye liner, but if true, too funny.

One thing about the girls – lose the false eye lashes or at least pick semi natural ones and not ones that look like you have an insect on your eyelid. Those false eyelashes are hysterical.

3. jlal

August 15, 2017 at 11:32 AM

Another point – thought is was funny how Corrine stated at the beginning she wasn’t going to throw herself at the first guy who showed an interest, then did just that.

The girl needs some mental health counseling, because her self-esteem must be lacking to act the way she acts. To take sexual acts and public nudity with relative strangers so causally tells me she is desperate for attention and any attention is better than none in her mind. It is sad really.

4. RaRa

August 15, 2017 at 1:08 PM

From the name of Jorge’s new business (something like “Jorge’s Tour-ges” (or something like that, that rhymes), it sounds like he is going to be conducting tours of some sort.

5. crushonspivey

August 15, 2017 at 2:10 PM

For the first time, I did not watch BiP, and don;t plan to this summer. I’ll just come read the recaps. The preview was too much for me, and it seemed this year intentionally passed the good fun/good taste threshold. This is the type of fake reality TV I pass on. Which means pretty much all of it, save the Bach/ette now. No other reality TV for me.

So Steve be sure to make the write ups solid. I;m counting on your to mock those insufferable, narcissistic losers as much as you can. They all deserve it.

6. abpbach

August 15, 2017 at 8:20 PM

Your last poll really needs a “no one” option. This cast is awful ????

7. limo

August 16, 2017 at 4:23 AM

Hi. I don’t care for the slut shaming. Women can act anyway they want, and quite frankly it is not up to you to decide what is appropriate. Corinne is not seeking attention by “partaking in sexual acts.” She was violated. I don’t care what anybody else says because the only person who knows how Corinne felt is Corinne. I am sick of people like you and this cast and crew acting like you have some sort of say in what happened. There were three parties involved (Corinne, Demario, and production) and only two that can speak on it (Corinne and Demario). The fact of the matter is that both Corinne and Demario were drinking, and production should have done something. I get that understanding sexual assault can become tricky when alcohol is involved, but production is responsible for preventing assault, plain and simple. Now I know I don’t know all of the details, but neither do you. And something we do know since Corinne has said it is that she felt violated. I stand by all women that make these claims. People are so quick to accuse sexual assault survivors of lying, when in reality sexual assault is lied about just as much as any other crime. I also just want to say that because I don’t know the whole story and Corinne has not named who she felt violated by (production or Demario), I am not blaming Demario. When more news comes out that may change, but production is at fault. As for how Corinne behaved prior to the assault, that’s up to her not you. Maybe you wouldn’t behave that way and I probably wouldn’t have either, but if that’s what empowers her then that’s what empowers her. Her “need for attention” is not what is sad. What is sad is your cruelty in shaming women for behaving differently than you.

8. jlal

August 16, 2017 at 10:11 AM

limo – Nobody is “slut shaming” Corinne. As a woman and SA survivor myself I would never do that. Corinne was NOT violated, she has stated as much. She and Demario are cool, the investigation found no wrong doing on anyone’s part, theirs or productions, and it was established that they were not “that” drunk. The incident happened not long after the clip where we see them enter the pool. They were both cognizant of what was going on, the cameras, and who was watching.

Whether it is a man or a woman, when someone goes to the lengths Corrine does to get attention and be the center of attention, it normally points to someone with low self-esteem. She pulls the antics she does to get attention. She got naked in a pool within a couple of hours after arriving, with a guy she’s never met, knowing camera were filming and others were watching and performed a sex act. That is someone who craves attention, whether positive or not. BTW this assessment includes Demario, but since his douche bagginess had already been established, I didn’t originally include him.

And, you’re right what Corrine does is up to her not me, but I do believe I have a right to an opinion, which I posted on a “Opinion Board”.

9. Serpephone

August 29, 2017 at 5:24 PM

Upon reading all these funny comments, the sad reality for me is Robbie reminds me so much of my 19 year old son–he spends so much time on his hair and skin–it takes him an hour and a half to shower and get ready to go anywhere!!! So different from what I am used to…