I read your column today and was disappointed with the way Ashley and Ben handled your interview last week. It’s kind of silly that Ashley lauds her journalism degree over the public when she’s trying to legitimize herself, but won’t even cite her source for the interview they’re mentioning. I think that says a lot right there….
Anyways, I really enjoyed the podcast and commend both women for putting their stories out there. I appreciated your treatment of both women and reminding people to be respectful when it comes to what they think they’re entitled to say to someone they don’t know on social media. I think the fact that they probably could’ve sold their stories to another site rather than giving a free interview speaks a lot to the legitimacy and intentions they have in just speaking their truths.
As always, I loved how you gave an unedited and unbiased version of their interviews, and it’s one of the reasons I’ll continue to listen. I know you get a lot of shade being in this line of work, just wanted to thank you for the treatment of your guests and quality of information that you put out there. And kudos to both women for telling their stories, especially Brittany. That can’t be easy, especially with the trolls out there.
Comment: Thanks. I appreciate it. Both girls were well aware of what Arie and Peter fans were going to say to them, yet they still felt it was necessary to speak out. As I always say, just because you like someone, doesn’t mean that negative things said about them aren’t true. There are those in this franchise, some of which have been on the podcast, who I consider a friend/acquaintance that I can acknowledge have not had the greatest behavior or made poor decisions. That’s called being objective. You just lose a lot of that when you deal with the fan girls/guys in this franchise.
Hi Steve –
Loooooong time Bachelor/Bachelorette watcher here….my first episode I saw was the Season One finale, when Michael sent Trista home. I was hooked.
OK, so I know that Sharleen/Andi/Kelley T had a super-close friendship. They were always posting pics, trips, visits to each other, etc. Was there a falling out? It’s been pretty much radio silence on IG between those three. I noticed they (Andi & Sharleen) both congratulated Kelly on her pregnancy, but never saw pics of Andi at Sharleen’s wedding. She never said a word on her IG about it, either. Hmmmmm. Just my observation. Seems Andi is on the outs, but I could be wrong. Andi was at Sharleen’s wedding and so was Kelly. So you must’ve missed that. And I know Sharleen was at Kelly’s wedding. Wasn’t Andi too? So I think you may be reading too much into it.
Love the podcast, but think you need to have a super-fan on it. Someone like ME who can dish about Bachelor/Bachelorette people from the way past (whatever happened to Trista’s castoff Charlie, anyway?). It would be fun.
Comment: I don’t see myself ever having a reader/fan on the podcast as a co-host for an episode.
1. Is Jef Holm bitter and jealous Arie got the bachelor gig after so long while he’s been blackballed from the show or did something happen between them that you know of? I wonder how credible he’d be if he spilled the stories “he knows.” He suggested to Chris Harrison months ago about a double bachelor thing on twitter so I sense jealously but maybe something did happen? They both suck, though. I mean, he’s living with Robby, no? Jef is trying way too hard to stay relevant in this franchise and has been begging to be on BIP for the last few seasons. The fact he’s never been cast shows you what they think of him.
2. Is Winter Games going to be a bust, a one season thing, or are you hearing things that will make it a standard bachelor show for the average viewer to enjoy? Considering they’re running it opposite the real Winter Olympics, and it’s kind of just this short, 2 week, 4 episode show, I don’t see the need to bring that back every year. But that’s just me. Nothing has been announced by them, but I’d be pretty surprised if it was more than every 4 years.
3. I know you’ve said you would like a bunch of people on your podcast, but specifically would you entertain the idea with Emily Maynard? I think she’s far enough removed that she’ll provide great information and would have some juicy gossip and how her life has drastically changed from when she was on it. 4 kids and married! I think it’ll be a great listen… just don’t know if she’s one of the ones who don’t care about saying anything against the show! I’ve asked a lot of people to be on the podcast. Some have said yes. Some have said no. Some never responded. That’s the best answer I can give.
4. Thank you for this season! As a fellow Challenge watcher, curious about your thoughts on this season. What do you think about them bringing on all these new people from different MTV shows? Also, do you read spoilers for the show? I think I’m fine with it after 2 episodes so far. It definitely adds to the mix even though I don’t know these people or their backstories. I’m sure it’ll get more interesting the further they last. And no, I don’t read spoilers on it nor do I want to know anything.
First of all, I love your channel and posts. I always look forward to your spoilers and new podcasts- but I also still watch the show to enjoy watching everything unfold. My question for you is, do you have any clue what has changed Kaitlyn Bristowe’s mindset towards the franchise, and especially Mike Fleiss as of very recently? I know that ever since her season, up until the past three months, she would publicly bash Fleiss and the whole franchise especially when asked about why she didn’t get a televised wedding- but recently she has been promoting Elian’s book on Instagram, tweeting about #TheBachelor, and continuing to live tweet every week during Arie’s season. Obviously, something changed because for the past couple of years, she would publicly say she didn’t ever want to watch the show again (Instagram and interviews). Do you think this is for publicity for her own podcast (potential guests) or for a wedding? Anyway, I know you can’t read minds (although sometimes I feel as though you can) but just wanted to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks Steve!
Comment: I didn’t realize she was doing that so this is the first I’ve heard of it. The best answer I can give is that I’ve heard a ton of people in the past trash the franchise privately (and publicly) but continue doing things within the franchise, so there’s really no way to understand what their motivation is. Yes, she’s been highly critical of the show ever since her season ended. But like you said, now she’s doing all this stuff show related, it does make you wonder. I really don’t know. I don’t think it has to do with getting a wedding from them though. That time has passed I would think.
So I asked this question about the cease & desist a while ago, but I’ll ask it again.
Nothing after 5 years and now they threaten you?
Best guest (and this is still prob a big stretch): They’re insecure about their choice of a lead and feel this is their best way of protecting this season..
Comment: But what are they protecting since it’s already been spoiled? Right now the only things you don’t have in regards to the spoilers are the eliminations and a couple of the dates in episodes 4 through 7. Everything else you have. Even spoiled their big “reveal” at the end with the ex who comes back and gave you all the details behind that. I don’t know why they do what they do sometimes. I’m just gonna keep chugging along and do what I do.
Hey Steve! Longtime reader and huge fan of your site. I usually spend a few episodes pretending I’m not going to look at your spoilers and then I cave and look. Anyway, was hoping to stay unspoiled for a little while but you said the spoiler in the podcast with Brittney/Sydney! Am I crazy or did you say at some point that you would try to keep spoilers out of your podcasts unless it was literally a spoiler podcast? I’m not mad since I’m a big fan of your site and probably would have only made it another episode or two before I looked, but just curious/wondering if I’m crazy. Thanks!
Comment: Well, there is that big SPOILERS in all caps at the beginning of every episode description whether you’re listening through desktop or on the Apple Podcast app. All 59 episodes have had it. Have I talked about spoilers in every episode? No. Not even close. But some people don’t just consider the ending/winner a spoiler, so it’s impossible sometimes to remember exactly if I said anything that could be considered a spoiler during the podcast, hence the reason SPOILER is at the beginning of each one just in case.
1) I’m curious about something, but I’m not too sure if you may know this. I’m aware that going on the bachelor/Bachelorette gives you a free “vacation” granted you make it far. My question is, do the contestants have to file it as part of their taxes that they received something for free? I highly doubt it.
2) Do you think Rachel was scouted to be on the bachelor because she doesn’t seem like someone who would need a show to grow their career. Sometimes I think they scouted her and told her if she came on the show, then they would have her be The Bachelorette. Rachel just seems like she has too much going for her to ever need that show. What are your thoughts? A lot of contestants are scouted, so that wouldn’t make her any different. However, I do think once they cast her and saw her story, she was certainly on their radar as a “Bachelorette” possibility.
Also, this isn’t a question, but a comment. I met Sean and Catherine and they were the nicest people i ever met. If they were mean, then that would have been a huge letdown.
Comment: Glad you experienced that with them. I’ve only met them for about :20 seconds at a Mavericks game a few years ago. Seemed nice to me.
Krystal = smiler from the emoji movie
Kendall = Ashley Salter/Brannen
Comment: I’ve never seen the Emoji movie, but Kendall does look like Mesa Verde.
I’ve been a great fan of your site for awhile now. This is my first time writing in. As you typically give us your thoughts early on as to who you think will be the next bachelorette, I wanted to ask you about this season.
1. Who do you want to be the next bachelorette?
2. Who do you think will be the next bachelorette based on your sources, and insight?
Comment: Its too early but my guess is it’ll be one of the three in the final four who didn’t win: Tia, Kendall, or Lauren B. Who do I want out of those 3? I need to watch more episodes. Of those three, Kendall has gotten the most screen time in the first two episodes, however, I’d say she’s the least likely to get the gig just because of her quirkiness. Maybe I’m looking at it all wrong and they WOULD cast her because she’s a tad different. We don’t know yet. No one knows. Let it play out over the next couple months and see how certain edits come across.
Have you heard anything about how Becca has been doing since she got engaged to Arie, given everything you’ve reported on him? I can’t imagine any of it sits well with her, but as we’ve seen in the past, they usually aren’t expressing that outright at this point.
Maybe she’ll make for the most dramatic After the Final Rose EVER, dump Arie, and get back together w/ her ex. I hear things every season. This season is no different. I kinda touched on this with Sydney, but there is no woman, regardless of if they were engaged or not and feel super secure in their relationship, that wouldn’t be bothered by Arie’s relationship with Courtney. How could you not? I’m sure she tells him she’s fine with it, but she’s a woman. And she’s aware of their past. It can’t NOT bother her. And if she swears up and down it doesn’t, well, I think she’s lying to herself.
With that said, do I think she’d dump him to go back to her ex? No.
PS – I thought this was kind of funny so I had to share. Since Kaitlyn’s season of the Bachelorette where she spoiled her ending on Snapchat, I’ve always followed the Bachelor(ette) on Snapchat. I followed Arie and within a couple of days, he followed me back. I don’t use Snapchat much, let alone follow many people outside of my friend group – but I still thought this was weird. Why is he interested in my snaps?!?
Thanks for all that you do!
Comment: Can’t answer that. I have no idea. Are you an attractive girl 10 or more years younger than him? That could be your answer.
Reality Steve good afternoon!
I was wondering if you had any insider info on who the final four would be for this season. Some women I work with started a fantasy league and since we always make them participate in the sports fantasy leagues I joined this with them. There is one particular annoying person I work with that I would love to beat just for fun.
Thanks so much!
Comment: Tia, Kendall, Lauren B, and Becca are the final four. Kendall, Lauren B., and Becca are the final 3. Lauren B. and Becca are the final 2. He’s engaged to Becca. There. You are now the envy of your office and can rub it in that one woman’s face. I hope you boast about it.
Who would you consider the most successful post show contestant? I saw today that Amanda Stanton has a clothing line coming out, good for her! I would have to say Amanda, Ali F….
Comment: I’d have to think about this longer. And it’s subjective because I don’t know what you mean by “successful.” Is that just who’s made the most money? Who’s gotten the best job? Who’s used their time on the show for something influential? A lot factors at work here. But those two you mentioned would not be the first that come to mind, for me, as most successful post show.