The Bachelor 22 - Arie

“Bachelor” Tuesday: Winter Games, WTA, & Overnights Episode Recaps Along with (EXCLUSIVE) News on the Latest Happenings

Photo Credit: ABC

Winter Games

Does it not seem like the Winter Games finale was 3 weeks ago? Yeah, it was 5 days ago somehow, so let me give you some of my thoughts on it.

-Dean and Lesley. Good luck. It’s obvious that plenty of people are buying Dean is a changed man, and Lesley is the perfect one for him, yada yada yada. I have some serious doubts on Dean based on his past, what I know, and some of his actions. Guess we will see how these two play out.

-Courtney and Lily. It’s almost impossible not to like these two. The reason why it’s much easier to believe the international couples is because they haven’t been exposed to the popularity or the business side of things yet here in America as a “Bachelor” couple. Yes, they’ve moved to LA, but I highly doubt they’re all the sudden going to become the poster children for gummy bear hair and flat tummy tea. At least I hope not.

-Luke and Stassi. Bahahahahahahahahaha. Look, I’ve been over this numerous times about this guy, so nothing new here. He’s a fraud, he treats women like sh**, he broke up with his girlfriend Holly just so he could do the show, then now says he realized on the show he wanted her back and that’s why he’s with her now. It’s such a load of garbage, it’s comical. We all know Luke’s deal. I exposed him for the fraud that he is last year and nothing’s changed. The most ironic thing in all of this is the fact that Luke is now bitching about the edit. The same producers who yanked the “Bachelor” away from him at the last minute and decided on Nick, those same producers are the ones who he went crawling back to when asked to do Winter Games. So you get no sympathy when you complain about how the show did you once before, then hop right back into bed with them and complain again. Moronic. He did it because his name was becoming a laughingstock in the franchise, nobody was talking about him anymore, and he wanted to redeem himself. And it completely backfired. He looks even worse now and it couldn’t have happened to a worse guy. Congrats on making an ass of yourself again.

-Kevin and Ashley. Yes, I saw the Facebook interview that Raven and Alexis did with Extra TV where they talked about knowing two girls whose DM’s Kevin slid into. And I know of a third girl. So if I know of three, you can guess there’s more. And if it’s only three, then that’s still three too many. But hey, keep believing Kevin went on the show strictly to meet someone and wasn’t interested in fame or attention at all. Don’t ruin that fantasy for her. She’s in the honeymoon phase. Of course she’ll dismiss it, or say Kevin’s already told her about it and it’s nothing, or just deny it even happened. Little does she know. Only problem is I like to live in actual reality, and this guy has had an agenda since day 1, executed it by going after the girl who would garner him the most attention, and here we are. Poor Ashley. Or not.

-Benoit and Clare. Came out of nowhere. Had no idea about these two and am quite surprised. Kinda hard to comment on them when I didn’t know til I found out after the taping that they had been talking and were engaged. The only thing we do know is they met on Winter Games in December and now they’re engaged. We don’t know how many times they’ve seen each other, how long it was for, etc. All we know is they’ve talked and FaceTimed a lot, met two months ago, and they’re engaged. Ok. Still kind of a head scratcher, but I know so little about them and their history, I can’t even begin to make a prediction on these two. Good luck, I guess?

-Overall, I really thought Winter Games went better than I thought it would, as the format made more sense than BIP, but the ratings stunk. Here were the ratings for the 4 episodes:

Episode 1: 3.0 million viewers (0.8 rating)
Episode 2: 3.02 million (0.7 rating)
Episode 3: 3.2 million (0.9 rating)
Episode 4: 3.1 million (0.8 rating)
Tell All: 2.6 million (0.6 rating)

I’m sorry, but those are terrible numbers. If any new show debuted on a network and drew those numbers on their first four episodes, it would be cancelled immediately. It was oversaturation to have 6 hours of Bachelor programming on for consecutive weeks, and I highly doubt they’d want to do this again. It’s not like the show improved over the 4 episodes either. It went down from episode 3 to 4, and even less people cared about the Tell All show. Just for comparison, Arie’s season of the “Bachelor” which is currently the worst rated season in show’s history, is drawing DOUBLE those numbers in viewers and rating. I just don’t see how this becomes an annual show. They tried it, nobody cared, so I’d be real shocked if they brought it back. Especially since we don’t get the real Winter Games for another 4 years. Crazier things have happened I guess, but I’d say that they’ll just stick to Paradise as their spin-off show once a year.

1. adelina

February 27, 2018 at 9:38 AM

Thanks for this Steve. The ending is juicy and makes this boring season at least something to finally enjoy in the end.

I love that Arie is getting salty. Exactly as I would expect from a Queen.

2. pdxkg

February 27, 2018 at 9:56 AM

The franchise needs to stop taking its viewers for granted. It is unbelievable that Arie, Nick, Annoying Ashley, and co are really looking for love. Ben Higgins was the best bachelor, for finding someone he truly wanted a long term relationship with and Courtney and Lilly were the standout couple from Winter Games (I wish they had focused on them and not the pretend couples). When there are really feelings that could become love it shows, and when the relationship is not working and is faked for the cameras it is really transparent for the audience. It is also obvious who is on the show for instagram followers. Depending on who they cast in the next season I may not be giving the Bachelor “my rose” any more!!! No longer will I be watching regardless of the lead – I need to feel invested and believe in their journey.

3. justa_viewer

February 27, 2018 at 10:02 AM

I don’t recall Steve saying that he has specific new info that leads him to believe that Arie won’t stay with Lauren. Like, I haven’t seen him say “Arie’s already been seen with other women” or “they’ve already had fights about Courtney,” but it sounds like he must have some some, doesn’t it? He’s so adamant that their relationship is doomed.

Of course Luke’s People interview is BS. He didn’t have an “epiphany” that he loved his “ex” while on the Winter Games show. There was no “ex,” because I agree that he never broke up with Holly Allen. Being on the Winter Games was a strategy to get more fans, etc. I’m betting Holly probably reamed him out when she saw him making out so convincingly with Stassi on Winter Games, and what you saw on the Tell All show was Luke being very careful to placate Holly by having little to no interaction with Stassi. He knew Holly would be watching and scrutinizing that show. He seemed like he was one step away from giving Stassi the cut direct. What a prince.

Sad that Becca was unable to afford an actual dress for that rose ceremony (where Kendall went home) and had to wear her pajamas.

ETA: Am I the only one who has problems entering and posting a comment?

4. avgjoe

February 27, 2018 at 10:08 AM

I find it funny again that the show did the order of the dates in the reverse order of the finishing (Kendall, Lauren, Becca). They did it two weeks ago when they went from 7 women down to 4. It wasn’t reverse order, but both times you could tell who Arie liked most.

They mixed it up for the hometown dates, but otherwise, it’s been telegraphed for weeks who his favorites are.

5. tinyred500

February 27, 2018 at 11:50 AM

The ATFR show sounds like something I’d never want to be part of (when it airs next week!) Arie changed his mind fair enough, he’s a human being, but truly horrid for Becca. However, filming the break up and not warning Becca beforehand is totally insensitive and humiliating. I know there will be peeps who maintain they all sign up to be humiliated and embarrassed, but there’s a limit, or there should be. I just do not agree with those kinds of degradation, or throwing someone under a bus when they neither deserve it or expect it. It should have been done in private and off camera. Arie is partly to blame because he’s gone a long with the idea.

If I were Becca, I’d pass on The Bachelorette (if she’s offered it), simply because if the producers were willing to do that to her, why would she want anything more to do with them?! Nasty. 🙁

6. trainwrecktv

February 27, 2018 at 11:58 AM

Agreed, Luke went down in flames. Showing that “behind the scenes” exchange at the end was the final nail for that dude. Thanks for keeping it real on him Steve.

I keep seeing stuff online claiming that Winter Games is the best show so far in the Bachelor franchise (like on E!) and how Yuki is a breakout star – either it has to be paid for by ABC (not sure why they would waste the money) or these folks are high.

Everything Ross was involved with was so BAD. It goes to show how little material they had to work since they left all that in. Arie looked like he barely cared – saying he was so mad in a tone of voice that sounded totally disinterested. Also, I laughed out loud when Ross mentioned how he came to Peru hoping he could somehow find her. Becca acted annoyed, Ross acted confused about what he was actually doing there, and Arie seemed bored. Between this season and Winter Games (not to mention the last BIP) it seems like the producers better get their act together if they want to keep their jobs.

February 27, 2018 at 12:07 PM

If RS is saying that the picture of Arie walking up to Lauren’s house is the same as the house across the street in the grainy picture, I don’t think so. The picket fence sorta looks the same, but not really. The garage is different and the walkway is also different. The garage in one picture is a single garage door, the other is two single garage doors. There also appears to be a doorway next to the garage in one picture that isn’t in the other picture. The walkway in one has a low brick fence, which the other picture doesn’t have. Also the picket fence is more curved in one picture than the other, which appears to have no curve. If I am misunderstanding what RS was saying, then nevermind!

8. tinyred500

February 27, 2018 at 12:08 PM

Luke Pell, if he has one iota of common sense, he’ll come off all social media and hope he can salvage what’s left of his reputation. Trying to blame the editing for his atrocious behaviour was just beyond lame, he needs to own his actions and stop blaming other people. I think he’s been truly blackballed by the Bachelor franchise now.

9. tinyred500

February 27, 2018 at 12:09 PM

I thought they looked different too. 😀

February 27, 2018 at 12:11 PM

@justaviewer: Posting is a complete mess. The website has been glitchy since he changed to this format years ago. It’s never been fixed. It’s loaded up with so many ads that it crashes my browser nearly every time. Write quickly, that’s my best advice. Otherwise, you may end up either giving up or retyping the whole thing.

11. shouldbeworking

February 27, 2018 at 12:23 PM

Wait….which Becca for Bachelorette? Because if its the 22 year old Becca, I’m not watching.

12. tinyred500

February 27, 2018 at 12:43 PM

The older Becca for the possible Bachelorette. The 22 year old’s name is spelt Bekah.;)

13. ctrealitygirl

February 27, 2018 at 1:01 PM

I agree with rob22’s advice ..when posting to this site you need to type lightning fast or it gets stuck. I’ve had to start over a couple of times. Also, I have had issues listening to his podcasts all the way thru for the same reason. The site freezes and the podcast stops, then you have to reload and you have to start all over again listening to the podcast. I muscled thru with the most recent one as I love hearing what Sharleen Joynt has to say (her recaps are the absolute best! But, other than hers, I’ve lost patience with trying to stick with a full podcast. Sheer torture!

14. ingerutz

February 27, 2018 at 1:10 PM

To those who keep having issues because of the ads, why don’t you guys get ad blocker and enable it on this website? I’ve had ad blocker enabled for a few years on this website now and not only do I not see ads anymore at all, I have no issue with typing this post, either. Give it a try!

15. jeninarkansas

February 27, 2018 at 1:29 PM

I actually loved Becca’s dress!

16. jeninarkansas

February 27, 2018 at 1:31 PM

I truly hope he is gone forever! He’s awful.

17. shenanigans

February 27, 2018 at 2:37 PM

First, I loved Becca’s dress. She looked stunning.

Second, it’s impossible to navigate this site without an ad blocker. If you use a good antivirus program, such as Kaspersky, it is free.

18. jlal

February 27, 2018 at 2:43 PM

I’m posting from my phone, because this site locks up on my on my tablet. Very frustrating! If what RS said is correct and Becca was in fact blindsided, then that is just wrong. I don’t know how the contracts are written, but if he could Arie should have said no way. I did love that he didn’t buy the Krystal crap. She came off exactly how she is; a mean, nasty, manipulating itch. I thought they seemed to be setting Tia up to be the next bachelorette. But, they like to do that so who knows. I thought it was crappy when Ben said he loved two of the women and think it is still crappy with Arie. I wonder if the producers egged that on for drama. I know in another post I said I was a fan of Arie, but I meant to say not a fan. I couldn’t go back and correct it. I however don’t think he is the POS RS and others seemed to think he is. But, if he did set up Becca to be blindsided then I may have to revise my opinion.

19. deedledee

February 27, 2018 at 2:56 PM

Becca is totally winning this season. Instead of boring Arie, she’s going to get to be the lead and select from a bunch of guys competing for her. Overall, it super sucks to go through the embarrassment of it all, but the Bachelorette gig (and its accompanying perks) more than make up for it in my mind!

20. deedledee

February 27, 2018 at 2:58 PM

I did too! Thought it was really pretty.

21. adelina

February 27, 2018 at 3:16 PM

Money talks.
    “Fame” talks.
    Potential “love” talks.

22. adelina

February 27, 2018 at 3:17 PM

Me too! It was flattering and different.

23. justa_viewer

February 27, 2018 at 3:30 PM

Eh, to me, it looks like lingerie, something you’d wear under a dress. Then again, I’m not a big fan of Becca’s style in general.

I always download Steve’s podcast for later listening on my PC or MP3 player; I find that works better for me than listening online. Also, I run an ad blocker, so that’s apparently not a perfect solution to some of the issues readers/listeners are having.

My best friend, posting-wise, is Notepad. The last 2 times I posted, I ended up writing my comments in Notepad, and then pasting from Notepad into the Comment section on RS’s website. That seems to work okay.

24. jlal

February 27, 2018 at 3:30 PM

I also agree that is not the same garage in the pictures. And while I didn’t care for Becca’s dress it wasn’t horrible. I loved Laurens dress. Also, Arie and Kendall were solidly in the friend zone and neither felt romantic about the other.

25. jlal

February 27, 2018 at 5:16 PM

I agree he is a creep. I saw a clip on an entertainment show of after he thought the camera quit rolling. He was a total dick and wouldn’t even look at her. What a fame hungry user.

26. jlal

February 27, 2018 at 5:26 PM

Don’t know if my last post worked, so sorry if this is a duplicate. I agree that Luke is a total jerk. Saw a clip of them after he thought the camera quit rolling he wouldn’t even look at her. What a dick.

27. upmyalley

February 27, 2018 at 7:48 PM

Gawd, this really has been the “most boring season ever” lol Arie is a total douchebag and probably does have a needle d*ck.I hope he gets reamed by the public. Does anyone think the producers will try to smooth the story over with some bull about Arie having to follow his heart after making a mistake? Or will they let him dig his own grave? I mean, they make bank either way right? They through Juan Pablo under the bus so why try to spare Arie? Good luck Lauren, you are not a very smart cookie girl.

28. mahli1978

March 1, 2018 at 8:41 AM

I just checked my TV listing in NY and they’re showing the Bachelor as a 3 hour episode and the next night is ATFR. Do you think that since there’s so much extra footage that they end at the proposal and then keep on going for shock factor? We’ve already seen the couch shake up with Jason and Melissa. They’re saying like we’ve never seen before, so I can only wonder if that’s what they’re going to do? Maybe have Lauren re-shoot what it was like being home and depressed after filming, maybe they have footage of Arie and Becca during their time together, maybe they shot him separately at home, debating between the two. Maybe he filmed himself debating.. I’m sure they can fill an hour if they put their mind to it, especially having the footage at her home and this past Saturday. Then Tuesday night they do ATFR with Becca the loser and Lauren and Arie engaged?

29. sarahe

March 1, 2018 at 12:18 PM

This just keeps getting better and better. Arie is such a joke. I cannot even believe he’d go on the ATFR proposed to the runner up and expect anyone to think it’s a legitimate love story and do anything but laugh at him.

Poor Becca. I know you sign up to possibly get hurt on this show. But to break off an engagement with someone who isn’t expecting it on camera just takes it to a whole other level of disgusting. Then to top it off, to lie to her face and say it has nothing to do with the other woman, just to show up ENGAGED on the ATFR with the other woman, is even more of a slap in the face. If I were Lauren, I’d be questioning Arie’s character and integrity in a major way. But that would require her to have a brain and be able to put together sentences, and we have all clearly seen how good she is at doing that on the show.