Bachelor Colton Spoilers

Podcast #96 – Interview with Mike Renner, & (EXCLUSIVE) Ten Women Who Will Appear on Colton’s Season

Photo Credit: ABC

6. Katie Morton: 26, Los Angeles, CA. Originally from Louisiana. Attended LSU where she was a Tiger Dancer. Was working in sales/marketing, but has recently signed on with a dance agency. One of the 3 girls who got to meet Colton early on the “Ellen” show

Facebook – Katie Morton
Instagram – katieemo (set to private as of 9/20)
LinkedIn – Katie Morton

___________________________________

7. Erika Mcnutt: 25, San Diego, CA. She’s a travel nurse recruiter for Aya Healthcare. Graduated Cal State San Marcos in 2015 with a B.A. in Human Development.

Facebook – Erika Mcnutt (de-activated as of 9/20)
Instagram – enuttss (set to private as of 9/20)
LinkedIn – Erika Mcnutt

___________________________________

8. Alex Blumberg: 26, Vancouver, Canada. Attended the University of Winnipeg and the University of Manitoba. Partnered with her half sister Sara and they created the K9 guard jacket, a protective jacket for smaller dogs. Here’s an article on how the K9 jacket came to be. Both her and her sister are heavily involved in animal rescue and adoption, working for an organization called CAARE (Companion Animal Advocacy & Rescue Effort). Found out about her after she’d shut off her IG account, so had to go looking other places.

Instagram – Alex Blumberg (de-activated as of 9/20)
LinkedIn – Alex Blumberg

She’s on the far right in the 4 pics:

___________________________________

9. Hannah Brown: 24, Tuscaloosa, AL. She’s the reigning Miss Alabama 2018. Graduated the University of Alabama magna cum laude in 2017 with a B.A. in Communications and Information Sciences. Was involved in interior designing before getting back into the pageant world. Article on her talks about how she deals with anxiety and depression. Definitely has a storyline built in for her that I’m guessing the show will try and exploit.

Facebook – Hannah Brown
Instagram – itsalabamahannah (de-activated as of 9/20)

___________________________________

10. Annie Reardon: 23, originally from Mequon, WI, went to college in Alabama, but now living in NY. Works for Bloomingdales corporate. Graduated the University of Alabama in 2017 with a B.S. in Commerce, Business Administration, Finance, and Economics. Geez, another Alabama grad. Wonder if she knows Hannah Brown? Or the other Hannah from Alabama? Bama’ representing big time already this season. One of the 3 girls who got to meet Colton early on the “Ellen” show.

Instagram – annie_reardon (de-activated as of 9/20)
LinkedIn – Annie Reardon

___________________________________

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page, or listen to all my podcasts at Apple Podcasts. Talk to you soon.

1. saraturner

September 20, 2018 at 11:40 AM

Surprise, surprise. I listened to the entire podcast. I enjoyed Mike’s take on his time on the Bachelorette. Mostly enjoyed listening to both of you talking football. I think you should do a regular fantasy football segment.

2. justa_viewer

September 20, 2018 at 5:42 PM

Well, at least Steve finally gave some sort of Jordan/Jenna update here – which he SHOULD have given on Twitter at the beginning of the week, after promising there was more to come and teasing us with “We’ve Only Just Begun”. If you want people to keep following you, you need to follow up on your promises. Even tweeting “I’ve decided not to pursue it after all” would have been something. But instead RS teased readers on Twitter and then went radio silent on the matter. Not cool.

Also: “There’s nothing new to report”? Really, you were ready to spill a boatload of tea about Jenna a few days ago. Obviously something happened. It could be you got some legal advise in the matter, but I’m betting Jordan appealed to you not to kick a person (Jenna) when they’re already down, and maybe you had a spot of sympathy for Jordan and agreed. Whatever it is, at least own it.

As for this group of contestants? Some random comments based on nothing but photos and descriptions:

Steve’s cover contestant on this blog post might be the one to go the distance with Colton. Oh, wait, never mind, that’s Mike, the podcast interviewee.

Nina – certainly has the requisite bare-almost-everything wardrobe already. But 4 years older than Colton? I’m thinking she’s a no-go.

Revian Chang: Now there’s a wholesome, all-natural, totally not-seeking-fame contestant if ever I saw one.

Katie Morton: She’s cute. Oh, look at that screenshot the one that talks about Katie: ONE word to describe you: “Ambitious”. Well, I think she hit the jackpot with this show. I predict BIP in her future. Or a serious relationship with a major athlete or other celebrity. Whichever comes first.

Erika McNutt: Two pouty-face pics? What is she, 12? Major points deducted. Although, based on those poses, I could speculate that she’s as immature as Colton appears to be, and therefore they will get on well.

Alex Blumberg: I applaud that she’s an entrepreneur and into helping animals. That’s awesome. But TBH, the plastic surgery (overly narrow nose) and colossal lips scare me, especially since she’s allegedly only in her 20s. Maybe there’s more to that story, like a serious car accident requiring PS or something? Either way, it’s concerning. It almost makes me want to watch part of the first episode, just to compare the photo with the actual person…

Hannah Brown: Age appropriate for young Colton, and they will bond over anxiety/depression/feelings of isolation issues.

3. adelina

September 20, 2018 at 6:39 PM

@justa_viewer…..snarky, and I like it.

These girls all look pretty cookie cutter to me. Take 10+ pics, find the best, post and include “clever” comment. Friends reply/like, “oh my god girl, fire!!!”

ZZZZzzzzzzzz……….

4. screenname

September 20, 2018 at 11:51 PM

token black girls- check. token asians- that’s new.
    erika looks like the villain.
    annie looks like she could be the annoying girl of the season (those eyebrows tho — eek)
    nina looks like she photographs well but will look different on camera- also potential villain of the season

5. bacheloretta

September 21, 2018 at 8:56 AM

Is it a coincidence that Desiree and Danielle M. are already liking Hannah Godwin’s Instagram photos?

6. tinyred500

September 21, 2018 at 10:18 AM

I’m nosy! Please can you elaborate? I know both women were on Sean’s season, but what’s the connection etc., to Hannah?

7. tinyred500

September 21, 2018 at 10:20 AM

Hannah and her clothing connections etc? 🙂

8. grammar

September 21, 2018 at 5:17 PM

I can’t stand it any more.
    From http://www.writersdigest.com:

You can’t “graduate college” anymore than you can “go college” or “arrive college.” In this instance, the verb “to graduate” is acting as an intransitive verb, and intransitive verbs cannot take on an object.

9. kmo2

September 22, 2018 at 2:27 AM

I truly feel bad for Jenna. Shes one my favorite contestants to come out of the franchise. And ive been too obsessed with all things bachelor for awhile.

If it is true… The only negative thing ive seen that Jenna has done/said is those texts. So its sad she had gotten SO much hate and little comfort/support from other contestants.

If it isnt true… she will have a hard time proving it. Like how do you prove something that was fabricated? When she isnt clapping back to the haters, its hard to see things from her end.

Looking forward to this season and all the drama it brings!

10. jlal

September 22, 2018 at 1:37 PM

RS’s pronoun use is atrocious too.

11. xoxo

September 22, 2018 at 2:25 PM

Hi Steve. Thanks for the deets on Bachelor women.

I have a tiny suggestion for improvement… The mobile version of your site is kind of confusing when looking for the latest, the main options seem to be for Becca’s season which is old news, and it takes a bit of digging through the menu to find Colton spoilers. There’s also still stuff from Nick & Ben seasons and stuff from 2015.

Why not archive all the old stuff and make a clean slate focused on the current season? And also would be great to have separate articles for podcast and Bachelor etc so it’s not one long article mixing a bunch of stuff, so we can find stuff that interests us without weeding through long articles. Just a thought. 🙂 Thanks!

12. xoxo

September 22, 2018 at 2:46 PM

I don’t think there are any token black / Asian girls this season – these women are gorgeous and remember Colton dated Aly Reisman whom some of the brunettes actually resemble. I think they got the right mix so far.

The issue with this season will be if Colton is ready and mature enough for marriage, etc. since he’s kinda young. Bachelor is not a show to find your next girlfriend, but a lifelong partner.

Based on how he approached Aly, and Bachelorette, and BIP, I think he is doing Bachelor 30% for publicity, 60% for fun and 10% for love.

13. jlal

September 22, 2018 at 4:45 PM

I would say Colton is in it 80% fame, 15% money, 5% love if that.

14. notimpressed

September 22, 2018 at 9:32 PM

Its about to get coconuts!!!!!

15. tinyred500

September 22, 2018 at 11:42 PM

Colton is all about fame and little else. Yes, you could say this about a few others too, he comes off as one of the worst though.

16. Del Scorcho

September 24, 2018 at 9:48 AM

I admit to zoning out during this podcast until I heard Josh Allen’s name. No control?? DID YOU SEE YESTERDAY?!

17. ladyjane747

September 24, 2018 at 8:47 PM

Wow, Man-bun Mike! He’s intelligent, articulate, has a cool job and he’s good looking. Not a fan of the longish hair and think he’d be hotter with a short style, but he’s totally a catch. Wonder why the powers that be ignored him after the show – probably too normal.

18. ctrealitygirl

September 26, 2018 at 8:03 AM

What irks me most about them picking Colton is how pourly he expresses himself…the man can hardly put two coherent sentences together! And he comes off so damn immature. I guess you can say that he’s good looking but his looks just do not appeal to me, and that might be that his personality (or lack of personality) makes him less attractive. I know I will probably watch, but if the 1st show is boring I may just stop watching. This is the least excited I’ve been for a new season…even worse than Arie or Nick. Ugh.