I’ve been reading your page for about 5 years now and I love how you always keep it 100%. I saw your tweet in regards that Hannah B, is going to be the next Bachlorette, and how you don’t expect it to change. But my question is, at this point does Hannah G even have a CHANCE of being the next Bachlorette??
Few questions for you this week!
1) Do you know if later episodes are edited/changed as the season progresses? I’m trying to figure out if elements of certain episodes, later on, are edited/changed based on response and feedback throughout the season. For example: Now that Hannah B. is the bachelorette (likely) they didn’t include her coming back and talking to Colton. However, that scene was clearly included somewhere at some point for that footage to get circulated so when was the decision made to pull those scenes? I’m curious how reactive editors/producers are or if it’s once the narrative is set for the season, they stick with it. Yes, they are. But there’s so many episodes and things added, it’d be impossible to go over every season and pick stuff out.
2) Mike Fleiss did an interview at the beginning of the season saying they wanted the next Bachelorette to have a strong narrative beyond something that just happened on the last season. Makes sense, they’re trying to pull people into watching that may not have watched last season. I can’t figure out what they think Hannah B’s story is though. Pagent loser redemption? I like Hannah B and she’s my first choice but I can’t see what her “story” is going to be. What do you think? Not necessarily pageant redemption. But maybe just not having found the guy. And finding that “fierce” love she talked about last night.
3) Who has been your least favorite Bachelor/Bachelorette of all time and where does Colton rank for you? Least? Juan Pablo probably. He just sucked as a lead. Colton is probably towards the bottom somewhere.
Thanks for spoiling, as always 🙂 You provide entertainment for me on many long and boring days otherwise.
It’s been so long since I emailed, but I just had to thank you for introducing me to Temptation Island! I would never have known about the show if it hadn’t been for you. I am really enjoying it, much more than The Bachelor. The Bachelor will always be entertaining, and at this point it’s habit, but Temptation Island feels fresh and it’s a new concept to me. I’m really glad to hear they’ve been renewed and that there will be a reunion! It will be interesting to see what happens to the couples after that period of time. I know at the end of the season we will see the decisions they make, but it will give them some time back in the real world to really figure out if they made the right choices. I am enjoying your podcasts with Kaci so much, she just sounds like such a nice, genuine girl. I am really pulling for her, but it sounds like she is in a great place now, and is happy with the decision she made. I am very new to podcasts, in fact yours is the first and only one I have ever listened to. It’s great though! Maybe you could recommend some other good Reality TV ones? I know there are tons and some that you have mentioned before! I just don’t know where to start.
Comment: The only podcasts I listen to are sports/gambling related ones. I really don’t listen to any reality TV ones unfortunately. But there are plenty within Bachelor Nation I’m sure you’d like if you like mine. We all kinda talk to the same people somewhat.
With Hannah B. Being the next Bachelorette,
(1) have you heard of an influx of past contestants sliding into Caelynn’s/Hannah G’s DMs trying to get them locked in for BIP? Not yet, but I’m sure it’s happening. Go read Chad Johnson’s twitter last night as he throws Caitlin from Canada under the bus for their relationship.
(2) have you heard if Caelynn/Hannah G. Already have their sights set on anyone for BIP? I’m sure they do but I haven’t heard.
(3) you mentioned that the guys in casting for the next season of “Bachelorette” were interested in Hannah G. Do you think they will be disappointed that it’s Hannah B.? Do you think any of them will actually drop out of casting because it’s Hannah B. (Kind of how Holly Allen quit when she found out Luke Pell wasn’t the Bachelor)?
Comment: I’d be surprised if they dropped. These guys want to be on the show just as much as the women do. They’re not casting 25 guys who are all 100% compatible with Hannah B., so it really doesn’t matter. These guys don’t care if they don’t win. They know they have a Paradise opportunity afterwards and have more options.
I don’t have a question, but wanted to share a comment that I don’t think I’ve seen mentioned anywhere this season. Maybe most viewers haven’t been watching the show long enough to make this connection, but the Colton/Cassie situation seems very similar to what happened between Des and Brooks.
Des was clearly very into Brooks for most of the season, and then was blindsided when he decided to leave at the final three. I can’t remember if he left because he wasn’t feeling it or “wasn’t ready,” but like Colton, Des was devastated and told Brooks that she was in love with him and wanted it to be him at the end.
What’s interesting to me is that Colton and Des chose to move forward very differently. Des decided to keep going and accepted a proposal from Chris, and they’re now married with two kids. As we know from your spoilers, Colton breaks up with the other two women to pursue Cassie.
Like I said, no real question here – just interesting that a similar situation has happened on the show before, albeit with a very different ending.
Comment: Yes, it is. A lot of people are sharing this sentiment.
1. I’m worried that the casting directors will change their choice of Hannah B. as bachelorette because you spoiled it. As you’ve said, this is the one thing they can usually keep secret and they like to show that off. I’ll be truly sad if she doesn’t get it because I loved her on the show and I have a mutual friend with her in real life because my friend competed in Miss Alabama with her. She seems sweet and real even in front of cameras so I hope they don’t change their choice just to mess with what you’ve told people. They won’t. She’s the Bachelorette.
2. What’s your opinion on Kaci’s ultimatum to Evan? I know in the show she’s said that she now didn’t feel it was right for her to ask for marriage. I slightly disagree. I don’t think any good marriage starts on an ultimatum, but if you’ve been dating for 10ish years, I think it’s okay to ask why you aren’t at that point yet. If after 10 years, if they aren’t ready yet, I think you are allowed to have big doubts because they likely will never be ready. I think Kaci didn’t have to give up her opinion that she deserved marriage, it was an reasonable question to be asking. I guess I don’t know exactly how Kaci framed it. You know what, I’ll ask her that today.
3. I tried to take some of your readers’ advice and tried watching Love Island. I know everyone is recommending it to you, but I watched 2 episodes and had to quit because I felt like I was losing brain cells. Which I know sounds hypocritical from someone who watches the bachelor, but it was that bad. They started crying over missing chances with guys they’ve only known 2 days? Even the bachelor doesn’t try to push the “I love you” that fast. Well, it’s coming to the US this summer I believe. Maybe I’ll watch and see what it’s about.
4. Love you Steve! Your spoilers and podcasts are what I often look forward to in the week. I have a internet bookmark just for you!
Comment: Sweet. An internet bookmark. That’s some important sh**. I’ve got about 25 bookmarks on my phone. All basically sports sites, but hey, glad I could crack your list.
Hi Steve ! So after watching tonight’s episode all I gotta day is WOW was that intense between Colton and Cassie! Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but this reminds me of the Brooks and Desiree situation where she was so into him and he left and she was so distraught and crying and making it seem like he was the one . I know you say he’s with Cassie but wouldn’t it be crazy if after saying he loved her & wanted it to be her he changed his mind ? Not doubting your spoilers just an observation that reminded me of the one season you were wrong .. can’t wait to see the ending of this !!!
Comment: Yeah, I know there’s a small percentage out there that are thinking because I was wrong on the Des season, and this is playing out very similar, that I’m wrong on this one. Again, I don’t know any other way to put it other than to say, well, I’m not. He’s with Cassie and they’re not engaged.
This day was one of the better bachelor days on record, imo . First we get Alabama Hannah, who has oodles of personality and should have a roller coaster of a fun (but slightly awkward/painful) season. I’m all in on Hannah. I think it’s going to be messy like Kaitlyn’s season.
Secondly we get that god damn to be continued episode. Let me tell you, I have been the Anti-Colton since he showed his annoying baby face on Beccas season. But damned if I didn’t almost shed a tear watching the guy get his heart eviscerated on national tv. This was the first time I’ve ever believed him on these shows. And now I sort of like him. At the very least, respect his actions and that he didn’t go with the backup blonde to have a pleasant season with a happy ending.
It was so f***ing emotional, and his response so genuine (seeming) and just wanting her to be happy. Shit. I’m cheering for those crazy kids. I don’t think they’ll make it, but I hope they do.
Also, the Matt f***ing Randolph was very disappointing. He was almost defending the premise of the show?? Saying when he met his wife he “knew”?!! I hate it when people say stuff like that. I think some of us never know. Some of us will meet the right person and still be confused, because relationships are hard and it’s not just about locking eyes and being “struck”. Ten points from Matt fucking Randolph. Shoulda stuck with his outstanding hometown showing and quit while he was ahead.
Comment: Do you realize you used both “oodles” and “toodles” in your email? That’s impressive.
It was a burning question at the Bachelor watch party at the bar tonight during the initial recap. WHAT is in the gift bags that Colton lugs to each of the hometowns? He has like 5 in his hand when he’s walking up to Tayshia and Hannah’s houses. Any idea?
Comment: I thought he just brought flowers? He had more? I missed it.
1. I don’t know if you heard about this, but last week Jade and Tanner revealed that she suffered a miscarriage after becoming pregnant the very time that she and Tanner had sex in the fantasy suite in paradise, which is very sad. This is a pretty big bombshell, since this show has been on for 17 years and this is the first time that a couple has publicly revealed that a pregnancy occurred in the fantasy suite. Yeah, I did hear about that. Crazy to think that happened. Horrible story.
2. Speaking of Jade, remember that she also revealed that she was raped as a teen, but she didn’t publicly reveal it until after she was on the show and was already married. I’m guessing that the producers didn’t know about that or else they would’ve encouraged her to bring it up. Anyway, my question is, do you know if the producers ask the contestants beforehand if they are victims of sexual assualt? Or maybe since Jade and Caelynn have come forward, now they will start asking? I think each person is different. My guess is they didn’t know about Jade. I doubt they’d ask though. Kind of invasive. And even if they did, you could see why people would lie.
3. I don’t remember a contestant on this show blow their chance to be the lead as badly as Caelynn did. The only other one that I can think of that comes close is Ashlee Frazier. I know your friend wrote that Hannah B’s tragic backstory will be that she didn’t win the crown, but that is nothing compared to being sexually assualted. I’m sorry she didn’t win, but 99.9 percent of women in America won’t win either and she did win Miss Alabama at least.
Comment: Yeah, she was Miss Alabama. But my friends post was more about getting the role because she’s more relatable to the female audience who watches this show moreso than not placing in Miss USA.
Only recently been a reader of your blog and thank you for all your hard work, I’ve really enjoyed the spoilers. I have a few questions for you from last night.
Sorry if I missed this, but did Hannah get an overnight date at all and it’s just not shown? What was the order of the O/‘N’s? Next week. Tayshia went first, and Cassie went second. If Cassie didn’t do what she did, we would’ve seen Hannah’s last night.
Do you think Colton knew Cassie’s Dad was in Portugal prior to Cassie telling him? Or was he genuinely blindsided?
Comment: No. I believe he didn’t know.
I apologize if this is something you’ve covered before. Do you think the Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants are ever offered money to leave? I wondered this on Desiree’s season, with Brooks. It just seems like there have been several seasons where the contestants leave, when you’d think they would want their fifteen minutes of fame to last longer. It seems like something the producers would do to encourage people to leave at pivotal times to create drama.
Comment: If they are, I haven’t heard of it. I think there could be other offers or scenarios presented to them, but “Hey, here’s an envelope of money if you bounce out of here?” I don’t think it goes down that way.