Bachelor Peter Spoilers

Podcast #163 & Column – What I Know (And Don’t Know) About Peter’s Ending

One story that popped up last week I want to address is something that happened on Tik Tok of all places. And I want to address it because it directly involved me. A woman named Lilly Sitver went on Tik Tok and shared a story about she was in an Acai bowl place in TN, Hannah Ann Sluss was there, and Lilly claimed she heard her facetiming with a guy (presumably Peter) and they were talking about apartments in LA together. This made the rounds to me last week as numerous people sent it. I was already aware since Lilly emailed me back on Dec. 12th, the day this happened in the Acai bowl place. There was a reason I never tweeted this story, never wrote about it, and never mentioned it in a podcast. Because to me, it was, well, not a whole hell of a lot. Anytime someone gives me any information, I have a list of questions about their information and based on how they answer them is how I gauge how legit the info is. Not saying Lilly is lying or making this up, but all I have is her word that she thought Hannah Ann was talking to Peter on that Facetime. She had no pics or videos of who she was talking to, nor did she have any audio recording of the voice. So there really wasn’t a whole hell of a lot to do with that information.

I appreciate Lilly coming to me thinking she may have had something. A lot of people do. But the way I work, and how I post spoilers, all centers around what proof you can provide other than “I’m hearing this,” or “word around town,” or “I swear this is true,” etc. That’s just not good enough for me. I know it is for the IG accounts who pretty much run with everything they hear as fact so as to try and be on top of spoilers, but that’s not the way I do business. If I posted every single thing told to me, whether it be this season or any other season, you’d be getting stuff practically every other day. I don’t and I won’t just throw every rumor out there hoping one sticks just to say “See! I told you.” When I feel confident in a spoiler then I release it. That confidence has to go through a few levels of digging before it gets to that point, and unfortunately Lilly’s info, while it’s possible that’s maybe exactly what happened and Hannah Ann happened to spoil her season sitting in an Acai bowl place in Tennessee on Dec. 12th, is not enough for me to go off. If you choose to believe Lilly’s story, that’s great. Then you know how the season ends up. That info wasn’t strong enough for me because there was no proof behind it, so I keep digging.

I know that this wasn’t the answer you were looking for, and we can sit here and speculate until the end of time exactly what happened on final rose ceremony day, or analyze everything that Madion and Hannah Ann post on social media to try and get an answer to things, but I don’t think you’ll get anything there. Because anyone can create any narrative they want when it comes to social media. Madison takes a selfie where she’s smiling and it’s “oh my god, she looks so happy! She must be engaged!” But then if you’re in the camp of “Peter is with Hannah Ann,” you’d make the same case if you saw a picture of Hannah Ann smiling. So that’s an effort in futility to me. Pointless. I’ve heard bits and pieces of things here and there behind the scenes that I’m trying to confirm and hopefully that’ll shed light on some things. But the bottom line to all this is whatever happened on final rose ceremony day isn’t over yet, the “ending” of this season hasn’t technically happened yet, and that’s why there’s nothing to spoil as of now.

I’ve been asked is it frustrating and the answer is no. Will it be annoying when I inevitably get asked 14,873 times in the next two months “Hey, who did Peter choose?” Of course. But I’m just gonna refer them to this column. I laid everything out there for you that I have for now. Hey, maybe it’ll be kind of cool to go into the finale not knowing what the ultimate ending of the season is. This show’s biggest gripe with me has always been about spoiling the ending. Sure, I’m guessing they don’t like everything else being spoiled, but, when you film hometown dates in public, you’re essentially giving out who your final 4 are, so they clearly don’t care THAT much. But Chris Harrison even said in an interview about a year ago that he wishes the ending didn’t get out. What better way for the ending not to get out than to not film it in advance? Is this going to be a one-time occurrence or will this how it is every season from here on out? Tough to answer. We won’t know until the “Bachelorette” rolls around.

So lets enjoy the season. Yes, I know it’s different, and yes I understand a lot of you are impatient and have to have your answers to everything 14 seconds after it happens, but unfortunately, that’s just not the case this season. They’ve changed things up. There are plenty of things I don’t know about what happened. I tried to give you today what I do know. I’m sure it will lead to speculation and crazy theories and people claiming they know what happens, but just keep in mind what Peter and Chris Harrison are selling post show. I really don’t think the “ending” has happened yet because I think they truly do want a season where the ending can’t be spoiled. And the only way to absolutely guarantee that is to not film it in advance. So we’ll see what that leads to. We’ve got 2 ½ months still, so I’ll fill you in on anything I get.

Your rose-ceremony-by-rose-ceremony spoilers will be up on Monday, and if ABC posts the first episode online to the media, I’ll update that for you as well. I’m looking forward to more and more info going forward. Should be interesting. I’ve already heard basically variations of every ending possible and, well, we know only one of those can be right. Just a matter of which one. I would think by the time the finale and ATFR rolls around, I will have a good idea of what went down and what to expect. I’d be pretty surprised if I didn’t. But yeah, this is going to a wild two months of speculation, theories, and crazy stories about this season. Buckle up.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you Monday.

1. crushonspivey

January 2, 2020 at 10:51 AM

If all of this spoiling gets us a live finale, totally worth it. That would be must see TV. Not for who wins, but for who loses. Can’t imagine a girl wanting to put herself through that live, so I wonder what the catch will be. Be hard to film it that day, or the day before then edit it in time, unless it is highly scripted.

And if those means they give the lead a couple months to date both girls before deciding, I am all for that too. Makes the thing more realistic in the end.

2. dogmomma

January 2, 2020 at 11:03 AM

I had a friend show me the video that the girl “Lilly” posted on TikTok and she told me that it had been spoiled by this girl. I went and looked it up and my first reaction was that there was no evidence at all in that video, yet Lilly stated at the end of it that she had spoiled the ending 99%. My first thought was that it was a set-up to throw people off, but who knows what the truth is. Steve was right when he said that there was no concrete evidence of what was said or if she was even talking to Peter. I also have to wonder if the whole “the first season not to get spoiled” wasn’t planned out ahead of time, where production paid Peter to hold off the engagement till the finale aired. They are desperate to come up with a new angle every season. Or maybe I’m just overthinking things because I know how messed up this show really is 🙂

3. ctrealitygirl

January 2, 2020 at 12:13 PM

I tend to agree with you dogmomma. It’s hard not to be skeptical about the intentions of production at this point. And, to be honest, I think I like the idea of not knowing how it ends. Maybe it will feel exciting like it did in the early years before spoilers and social media changed everything. Also…if the producers did plan this ahead I’d guess they did it because they just hate the fact that RS spoils the ending every year and they probably want to do whatever they can to prevent that this year. But they’ll have to keep coming up with new angles every year to stay ahead of the game. I wasn’t so psyched about Peter’s season but now strating to get intrigued. And that’s good!

4. crushonspivey

January 2, 2020 at 12:37 PM

Interesting that the final 2 girls are 1)a friend with a girl (Hanna G) from the previous season, and 2)another girl who knows Peter’s parents.

Almost sounds like he had 2 safety girl choices in case he couldn’t find one, and they both made it.

Chance of this sticking? 0%.

5. ctrealitygirl

January 2, 2020 at 1:24 PM

Yeah, I don’t see Peter ending up with anyone in the long run. And it’s getting ridiculous how incestuous this show is getting. Seems every season the group of women/men they select contains people that know previous cast members. Why can’t they just start from scratch when they do casting for each season??

6. charricho

January 2, 2020 at 2:07 PM

Am I the only one that remembers that they did a live finale, guy dates the two girls and picks at the “reunion” thing before? On Charlie O’Connell’s season, he dated both of them and then dumped Krisily for Sarah at the live finale (although he was nice enough to not bring Krisily on stage to do it IIRC).

I don’t know if back then, they did that to avoid spoilers, I think that was his decision at the time, or at least they made it seem that way. But IIRC, it turned out not to make great television. Over the course of the two months, it had become very obvious to all three of them that he was going to pick Sarah and when he “broke up” with Krisily she was kinda like, yah, I figured, cool.

So, maybe they’d try it again? But it seems like there are so many ways that could go wrong and make for pretty bad TV. Over 2 months, seems like a pretty good chance that his relationships with both of them would flame out. Or it would become super obvious which one he was going to pick and the other would move on. Kinda hard to get your big “rose ceremony” payoff when you delay it by 2 months. There is just no way the emotions would be as high at that point, after that long back in the real world. Could be a huge letdown for the audience (as I think it was when they did it for the previous season).

7. janae

January 2, 2020 at 2:57 PM

I agree. It sounds like it could be a “live” finale. Like Survivor does. That would be interesting. Makes the months leading up to a live finale very difficult. Leading on two women for that long…?

8. inflighthoney

January 2, 2020 at 7:17 PM

Omg. I thought the exact same thing! Maybe he’s dating them both and will decide live on ATFR.

9. simplybd

January 3, 2020 at 6:27 AM

I wonder if the show pre-arranged an ending with all parties agreeing where Peter decides who he wants to pick, and lets the other go, but says he wants to keep dating the one he picks, with the idea that at the ATFR he would propose. This would go along with what Chris and Peter are saying which is that the ending has not happened yet. Steve doesn’t know if he keeps dating both or if he actually picks one – he just said he knows Peter is not engaged when filming ended. I think the show came up with this before filming and it’s just a stunt so that RS cannot spoil the ending.

10. ctrealitygirl

January 3, 2020 at 6:55 AM

I agree that it’s a stunt to prevent RS from spoiling the ending. It’s obvious ABC is NOT happy that Steve always manages to find out how it ends. I just hope it makes for exciting viewing

11. dogmomma

January 3, 2020 at 8:08 AM

I’m in agreement that this was probably pre-arranged. I doubt he’s dating both girls right now. I can’t imagine any girl wanting to date a guy who is dating someone else and sleeping with them. I think he probably is dating one of them now and will propose to her at the end. The interesting part is that it could still get somewhat spoiled if one of them slips up or if they are seen together.

January 3, 2020 at 12:55 PM

So, the old saying is that if you want to keep a secret, tell nobody. Otherwise, you’ll have to kill them. 🙂 And it stands to reason that, to keep a Bachelor ending secret, if Peter picks someone, by definition more than one person knows. So the only way to keep a secret is to not pick anyone. Though, even that will have to come out since both women and Peter will know that…. and they’ll tell someone, who will tell someone else, etc. etc. TBH: whatever they have cooked up sounds like it will be pretty stupid. Which is par for the course. Just another way to build up “suspense” and drama and add to the narrative for “the most dramatic season ever”, thank you very much Chris Harrison. It always ends up being stupid, I guess.

13. mendi

January 4, 2020 at 11:34 PM

I also think this really sounds like he did what Charlie O’Connell did way back when and is possibly still dating the final two ladies until the ATFR so therefore there is no ending to spoil (yet).

14. starlight1

January 5, 2020 at 12:31 PM

OR Peter and Hannha Brown has decided to make a go of it!

15. atod

January 6, 2020 at 1:57 AM

Has any other source revealed the BN story that RS didn’t report on said he’s surprised hasn’t been leaked?