Bachelorette Rachel Spoilers

The “Bachelor” Nick Finale Recap Incl All Four of Rachel’s Guys From Last Night, Where She’s Headed on a Date This Weekend, & the Reality Steve Bracket Challenge

NickVanessa2
Photo Credit: ABC

If you were following me on Twitter last night, you know that US Weekly was up to their old tricks again. About 10 minutes into the show, they posted this article
which “spoiled” what Chris Harrison was promoting as a “historical” moment you didn’t want to miss coming up on the ATFR. One problem: I posted that 12 hrs earlier and, per usual, they didn’t credit me. It happens time and time again, and I point it out every time. And I will continue to do so. This is wrong. It’s horrible journalism. This isn’t ESPNs insiders vs Fox’s insiders and one getting an exclusive 5 min before the other one, to which it took ESPN years to start crediting other outlets. My post was up by 10am EST time yesterday morning. US Weekly is well aware of who I am and what I do. So when you pull sh*t like that, you’re gonna get called out for it. Is it really that hard to include one sentence in your story that says, “…as first reported by Reality Steve?” Apparently for them it is.

Here’s the two reasons why this bothers me so much, outside of just being the right journalistic thing to do. You credit where stories were first posted.

1) They HAVE credited me in the past. If they’d never credited me before on anything, then this would make more sense. But they have. So picking and choosing when to give credit and when not is garbage. If they posted the story 5 minutes after I did, 10 minutes – yeah, even though we’d still know where you got it, at least THEY could claim ignorance. But 12 hrs? Please.

2) I ALWAYS have credited US Weekly any time they’ve broken something.. Granted, it hasn’t happened a lot but it happens on occasion. The most recent one was US Weekly was the first to report Jordan Rodgers was a contestant on JoJo’s season and I retweeted it, and continually mentioned it anytime I referenced it during her season. And I will continue to quote and/or source them if they ever have any legitimate Bachelor story before I do. So they can’t say this is some revenge towards me. Just do the right thing is all I ask. Apparently that’s asking too much.

Some thoughts on the episode and ATFR:

-Enough with the Santa references last night. Really? Like, people understand he’s not a real person that delivers gifts right? Someone told Vanessa this, or no? The acting job on their part was horrible. What producer got saddled with that job of dressing up in a fat suit and throwing on a fake beard to play that role? Talk about low on the totem pole in that franchise.

-Nick’s sister Bella has been on TV so many times by now, she’s earned her SAG card.

-I know this is the first time since Ben’s season they went to a cold weather place for the finale, but at least Ben’s was at the top of a mountain. Did Nick get engaged in the lobby of hotel cabin? I half expected people to be walking around in the background looking for their free continental breakfast.

-Was it weird at all that Raven never cried when Nick was dumping her but was when she got in the limo? She almost seemed like she knew it was coming. Or even dismissive of it. Hell, probably realized she dodged a bullet.

-Yes, I saw during the proposal to Vanessa the horrible editing job they did where one scene she had full lipstick on, and the next scene she didn’t. My guess would be that lipstick smeared so they re-shot some of the kissing scenes and just did butcher job on the edit that didn’t take that into account.

-The worst thing Raven did last night was be so eager to jump at the chance to do BIP. SMH. I can’t blame her since all her friends are gonna do it and she was basically put on the spot last night. Still doesn’t make it the right decision though.

-I mean, what can you say about the ATFR that hasn’t already been said. This tweet got a lot of fun last night. I think it speaks for itself:

-You guys all saw it. Hell, Emily Maynard Johnson of all people even took a shot at Nick and Vanessa. You see her tweet?

Man, you know things are rough when she’s comparing Nick & Vanessa to her and Brad. Or was it her and Jef? Whatever the case, that sure wasn’t a compliment she was giving them.

-Pretty sure Sharleen and I will spend a good amount of time on this in today’s podcast. To me, they just didn’t look happy. (How many times did Vanessa utter the word “difficult?” 100? 200?. That was just bizarre. The whole thing seemed off. I’m sure Sharleen will disagree, which is fine. But we both watched the same show. Hey, it might be because there’s an inherent bias on both of our parts. I don’t know. But I sure wasn’t the only one who watched who got that impression. Hope Nick & Vanessa didn’t go on social media today.

-I know I say it every season, but it’s not just me being cynical to be cynical. I’m being realistic. These two have a VERY long shot to make it. Too many differences, they’ve already not had the greatest of three months together, and it’s not the most ideal situation for her. I absolutely agree that Chris Harrison was focusing all on the negative with them, but do you think he did that because he knew everything was rosy with them? Of course not. He’s never been that harsh towards a final couple that I can remember. He was really going after them and I guess they handled it as well as they could, but it didn’t take a rocket scientist to understand these two aren’t long for each other.

-In the meantime, they will no doubt capitalize on the fame and shilling that comes with this show. I’d be surprised if they didn’t post an IG ad by the end of the day today. That’s what these couples do, Nick has been after that ever since his first season, he’s gotten what he wanted, and now he’s going to run with it. Those that want to make excuses for them, look, you can’t call out other people in the franchise for shilling products, but if Nick and Vanessa do it, somehow justify theirs. They all do it. It’s what the show has become. It’s part of the culture now. They will get paid great money to pimp crappy products they don’t care about on IG. It’s all part of the deal.

So in conclusion, just wanted to say thank you for all the kind words about another successful season here at RealitySteve.com. Time for me to go celebrate in 24 hours. I remember those bleak days in October or November where I was getting told I knew nothing, my sources were drying up, and that I was gonna get Nick’s ending wrong. Since then I posted every contestant, how the final four played out, every date, rose, and elimination, even stuff that was never shown, along with providing you last night’s spoiler of Rachel meeting her men before those episodes even aired. And I’m sure I’ll take some again this season and told I know nothing during Rachel’s filming – and produce the same results. So save your breath, you’re going to get all your Rachel’s spoilers this season as you always do. I have EIGHT of Rachel’s guys starting on the next page (including the one I posted yesterday and all 4 she met last night), not to mention the location of Saturday’s date. I’m already ahead of last season’s pace!

Enjoy Rachel’s guys, and I’ll talk to you again tomorrow.

1. crushonspivey

March 14, 2017 at 10:03 AM

Yikes. Nick chose the wrong girl. Watching those last several episodes, Vanessa was so in her own head, so unable to let go and just go with it, so having to be in control of a situation that was not hers to control, I am shocked that Nick chose her. They are a terrible personality match, although I am not sure what kind of guy is right for Vanessa. She has no chill. Like none.

It was easy to see why Vanessa and the other girls did not get along. Vanessa is abrasive because she is so insecure. And it comes out in terrible ways that will torpedo a relationship. Her insecurity causes her to have to gain control, and controlling people will wear you down eventually. I get it that couples will have serious times, but she is a non-stop serious time. I saw almost no levity and just fun between Nick and Vanessa. They were so painful.

I bet they announce they are done within a month of DWTS is over. I’m sure Ben and Lauren will piggyback it to to minimize their fallout as well.

The Bachelor batting average is still terrible, and Harrison claiming they were good at what they do last night in helping people find love was laughable. I get the Bach’ette has more success, but overall this show is below the Mendoza line. Just awful.

2. purplerayne

March 14, 2017 at 11:28 AM

Oh jeez, Nick didnt choose the wrong girl. Nick is just the wrong guy for anyone. He barely liked Raven! If he did, he wouldve nailed her in the Fantasy Suite. But thanks to RS and that TMZ video, we know it never happened.

The best part of the show WAS Vanessas’ spot on assessment of this show and of Nick. He was being vague with her! It is weird! It doesnt make any sense! And it does suck to be the chosen girl knowing your guy was waffling btw you and another person up until the day of proposal. Remember when Jojo started to cry on the bathroom floor on her final date with Ben? THIS IS NOT A NORMAL ENVIRONMENT! Its no wonder none of these couples makes it. (I think the men on the Bachelorette do handle it better. Plus the women do a better job at selecting their mates…hence their success rate vs the Bachelor).

3. cjscjs711

March 14, 2017 at 11:36 AM

I have a different take on it.

I think Nick was in this for reasons similar to Chris Soules’s – to improve his brand and keep the media offers coming.

So, that being the case, I don’t think he made the wrong choice. Unlike Chris, who chose someone (he wasn’t going to marry either, Whitney) who really really really wanted to get married; Nick chose someone who was skeptical, lived not only far away but in another country with a job she also is very happy with. So the breakup here is kind of built in. More likely than with Whitney, Vanessa won’t be devastated when they break up.

JMO

4. crushonspivey

March 14, 2017 at 11:46 AM

purplerayne, I agree that Nick is the wrong guy. And his mom even knows it too. Every time she was on screen, she looked in agony. I expected her to stroke out at any second last night, she was so stressed out about her son. It got worse with Vanessa though. But I think Nick’s mom knows that Nick is still an immature baby at 36, and she is ready for him to grow up. It just isn’t going to be with Vanessa. They have no shot. Like none. It was telling when Nick’s dad says that Vanessa was his normal type, but it never worked out with that type. And everyone can see why but Nick. He is terrible at picking women for himself.

5. kimmyfromdablock

March 14, 2017 at 1:38 PM

I just read Sharleen Joynt’s blog for Flare magazine and as per usual it’s a snoozefest with her overly pc comments and observations. Then of course you have her followers commenting or shall I say waxing on about how eloquent and observant she is….ugh and just no.

I don’t care how anyone tries to spin it about Nick and Vanessa being real and honest – he’s just not that into her and it’s clear. Maybe at the time of the show he kidded himself once again that this was it – but dude has other plans and it’s clear.

His poor family though. They are so overly invested in their boy’s quest for love. Dad looked like he had popped a few Xanax bars and Mom looked…..well, Mom looked just bad. Hair cap and nose stud aside, she is just too much. And who were all those people? Were they all siblings? I wish they would tell us who each of them are, besides the obvious Bella.

I think Vanessa is uber high maintenance. I’ve never seen a couple try so hard to act in love and realistic at the same time. Nick must just be dying inside.

On a brighter note, Rachel rocked it last night. She is adorable and her smile lights up a room. I am really looking forward to her season. She genuinely seems interested in finding love.

6. angela86

March 14, 2017 at 2:23 PM

I couldn’t help but cringe watching After the Final Rose ceremony. This is the first time the couple is out in public together, Vanessa brought her whole family to watch and yet they barely gave them any air time. The five minutes of screen time they got was used to dissect all their relationship flaws on national television. I wonder if ABC is upset with Nick or something because how they have been treating him (the last month) hasn’t been very fair…like ruining his season by announcing Rachel’s while Rachel was still on his season.

Vanessa and Nick didn’t look happy together but Nick knew who he was choosing. The last 4 weeks she was completely erratic and emotional and constantly complaining about one thing or the other. Yes I know that it could be the editing but aren’t they supposed to make the winner likeable? I really hope that Vanessa has a charming personality and that it was just the editing that made her look that crazy. If you’re reading this Vanessa, you’re beautiful, smart and come from an awesome family…life doesn’t always have to be a struggle. And you can do better than NICk.

I have my ups and down’s with Nick. I really liked him on Andy’s season and I had a feeling she was choosing the wrong guy. I really liked him on Kaitlyn’s season. I also really liked him on Bachelor in Paradise. I especially liked him the first few weeks of his season as the Bachelor. I liked that he gave the first impression rose to Rachel, I liked that he didn’t judge Corinne and I liked that he didn’t side with Taylor (sorry Reality Steve, I know where you stand when it comes to the feud but Taylor was 100% in the wrong). I really hated how he acted the last few weeks. I hated how he treated Danielle L and the Kristina. I hated that he couldn’t comfort Vanessa and make her not seem crazy…He could have told her that he loved her back, he could have comforted her…but he didn’t. Apart of me wonders if he chose her because he wanted her to dump him on national television again so that his time with the franchise could be extended. He seemed so unsure of what he wanted and wants and I started to realize that He was just in it for the fame. Thank god his season is over.

I really am looking forward to Rachel’s season. From the eight guys you posted Reality Steve, almost half of them are ethnic…so I have hope that it’s going to be more multicultural this season. Can’t wait.

7. tbta4

March 14, 2017 at 2:25 PM

Did anyone else just cringe when one of Rachel’s guys said something along the lines of “I’m going to go black and never come back”? My husband and I just skeeved.

Although Rachel is a fantastic girl who can certainly hold her own on screen, both visually and verbally, I’m absolutely dreading all the “race talk” that is sure to come as the season progresses. People tune in for love stories or drama, depending on your point of view.(Or in the case of RealitySteve readers, to watch for editing tricks!) However, I fear it’s all going to be racial drama in the house and at hometowns which will be absolutely aggravating and annoying because it will overshadow any potential love stories and just get repeated, and repeated and repeated…….ad nauseum.

Nick’s seasons had two story arcs that just got beaten to death, Corinne and “Poor poor me, I could end up with no one.” Normally I am a sucker for punishment, and watch the whole episode,especially the last chance dates, but this season I did a lot of fast forwarding, laundry, kitchen sprucing and mail perusal during the show. SAD!

8. LM111

March 14, 2017 at 5:03 PM

I agree with CrushonSpivey about Vanessa being the wrong girl, for the exact reasons you mentioned. “Non-stop serious time” was a brilliant description. No doubt Vanessa’s a decent enough woman, but where’s the fun in that relationship? If I’m choosing a life partner, I’m picking someone with a happy positive demeanor. I just don’t see it with her. But maybe he picked her because she’d be easier to dump than Raven (I always want to call her “Raven Lunatic” because of that stiletto incident).

The AFTER show was just awkward. They let Vanessa ramble on and on about the problems in their relationship. Why, ABC, why??? It was so boring. Can we go back to the final couple pretending to be in love? Pretty please!

On to Rachael… isn’t she lovely and refreshing!? I hope they pick some good guys. I didn’t mind the comment ‘I’m going black and never going back”, but I think they need to be careful with race comments in general.

9. dannyelloww

March 14, 2017 at 8:11 PM

Is it just me or did it seem like Nick and Vanessa were setting up their break up with all the talk about how difficult their relationship is?

10. tak1980

March 15, 2017 at 2:32 AM

I don’t believe Nick and Vanessa will last much longer than his stint on DWTS. My reason is simple, Nick is out for fame and fortune, otherwise I believe he would’ve chosen Raven. On their last date It was so obvious the he and Raven had more chemistry together. Raven was playful and fun, Vanessa is whiney and insecure. She made it plain, her family’s Sunday dinners was a set thing. Nick could’ve had a future with Raven if he wanted a wife.
    As far as Rachel’s season goes I’m not looking forward to all the race craps being thrown out there. It has already started on ATR. Rachel is beautiful and I look forward to watching her season. She really seems to have her heart set on falling in love.

11. adrie

March 15, 2017 at 2:42 AM

That AFTR was definitely one of the weirdest ones I’ve watched. Vanessa just kept going on and on about how hard and difficult everything has been. You could tell when Nick came out he was trying to be more upbeat and not air their dirty laundry but it was like Vanessa just didn’t give a sh!t about playing along. It was really awkward.
    Also – I’m an Aussie reader – Rachel meeting her first few men was COMPLETELY removed from the show here. No idea why. Is the video link available anywhere?

12. RaRa

March 15, 2017 at 1:04 PM

I think you can probably find it on Jimmy Kimmel’s site. Reality Steve had it embedded, but it won’t run due to copy write laws.

13. tater

March 19, 2017 at 10:58 PM

I so agree with the race thing. It’s gonna completely take over the show. Or every episode will be held in a church. My pick so far is Peter she may go for the gap then they can be twinsies! OMG