Another crazy day yesterday to say the least. So many stories coming out now, and I don’t think it’s ending anytime soon. This is gonna be one of those things where I think you’re going to hear something new almost every day. Whether big or small, somebody will write something in regards to “Bachelor in Paradise” that’s a new twist/slant/made up story that’s gonna give this thing legs. Right now it’s essentially a holding pattern until ABC completes their investigation into what exactly happened and what course they’re going to take moving forward. As I discussed in the post yesterday, and in both podcast appearances I did yesterday on Juliet Litman’s “Bachelor Party” podcast and the Huffington Post’s “Here To Make Friends” podcast, I think “Bachelor in Paradise” as we know it is done. But I definitely think they’ll come up with a new summer show next season. There will be outlets who are careless with what they’re reporting, which is to be expected in a major story like this. A lot of people are talking. It’s very easy to just run with stuff that flat out isn’t true. Pretty much what Chris Harrison was referring to yesterday in the statement he released. I mean, I’ve been given stuff that the second I got it, I knew it wasn’t legit and someone was trying to peddle a narrative. But I do have an update to yesterday’s post…
E! Online posted this story yesterday in regards to the producer in question, Shelby Adams, filing the complaint without ever having seen the footage live or even on tape. Based on what my sources have told me, this story is true…and I have a couple things to add to it.
-There is a SECOND producer who filed a complaint along with Shelby Adams. It’s another female producer named Jessica Brown, or “JB” as she’s referred to.
-I’m told neither Shelby or JB who filed the complaints witnessed the incident as it was happening, nor have either of them seen any footage of it since.
-I’m told that in the days since this went down, all parties involved are wishing they could take it back. They never thought it would reach a level that it did.
And one other note…
-Sources have told me Corinne’s publicist has fired her and is no longer representing her. CORRECTION 6/15: I had that mistaken. Corinne fired her publicist, Liz Anderson, and has hired Stan Rosenfield, who has been representing Chris Soules.
So, more layers added on to a story that seems to be getting more and more bizarre. As I receive information, I will be sure to fill you in on things. Certainly these are interesting developments to say the least.
Anyway, now for a little fun. I’m sure you know by now my 3rd Annual Fan Appreciation Party was this past weekend in Vegas, which means I did the Trivia Contest as well. 18 people took the test, but most did it in pairs of 2, 3, or 4 man teams. There were 15 questions total, but 35 points available, since numerous questions had multiple answers and you received 1 pt for every correct answer. Well, congratulations to Patti Walsten, Kristen Kidman, and Emily Loaiza who only missed ONE question, got 34 out of 35 right, and won $100. Crazy. And even THAT question they missed is a tad disputed since it was the most missed question on the test. Only one person got that question right. It might’ve been the way I worded it. 2nd place went to Cate Dimmitt and Stephanie Jukes with a score of 29 out of 35. They won $50 for their efforts. So if you want to play along (and don’t cheat since all these answers are easily Google-able), here were the questions on the test. After each question, is the tally of how many people out of the 18 got the question right. The answers to the questions are on the last page of today’s post.
1. True or False: JoJo was the girl that Ben took to a 1-on-1 date at Wrigley Field in Chicago?
17 out 18 answered correctly. (Tied for 1st for easiest question on the test)
2. On Ben Higgins season, Ben & Olivia had a conversation at the cocktail party right after he told the group some family friends of his had died. Olivia pulled him aside and their conversation ended up being about which one of her body parts?
12 out of 18 answered correctly.
3. Very recently within the last couple months, there were 6 former “Bachelorettes” who were on the cover of People Magazine with their newborn kids. Name the 6.
8 people got all 6 correct.
3 people got 5 correct.
3 people got 4 correct.
2 people got 3 correct.
1 person got 2 correct.
1 person didn’t answer the question.
4. Name the only former “winner” of a “Bachelor” or “Bachelorette” season who has appeared as a guest on my podcast.
17 out of 18 answered correctly. (Tied for 1st for easiest question on the test)
5. At the end of the first season of BIP, two couples left the show as a “couple.” Who were they?
4 people got both couples correct.
8 people got one of the two couples correct.
6 people didn’t get any of the couples correct.
6. Name Ben Higgins’ final four girls.
11 people named all 4 girls correct.
6 people got 3 girls correct.
1 person got 2 girls correct.
7. In the last 20 seasons combined of the “Bachelor” and “Bachelorette,” only one of the final rose ceremonies happened at the mansion in CA. Whose was it?
5 out of 18 answered correctly.
8. Who had the first 1-on-1 date in Ben Flajnik’s season? (Hint: She was a former podcast guest)
7 out of 18 answered correctly.
9. Although Sean Lowe handed out 11 first impression roses the first night of his season, who did he actually give the first one out to on her limo entrance?
6 out of 18 answered correctly.
10. Who was the last “Bachelor” not to have an episode filmed in his hometown?
1 person out of 18 got this correct. (Hardest question on the test)
Maybe the question should’ve been phrased “What was the last Bachelor season that did not film an episode of the show in that particular Bachelor’s home city?”
11. What three non-U.S. places did they visit on Nick’s season?
1 person got all 3 correct.
4 people got 2 correct.
7 people got 1 correct.
6 people got none of them correct.
12. Who was the last contestant to receive the first impression rose but not get a 1-on-1 date?
9 out of 18 answered correctly.
13. Name all the couples in 3 seasons of “Bachelor in Paradise” who have gotten engaged?
10 people got all 5 correct.
6 people got 4 correct.
2 people got 3 correct.
14. True or False: Juan Pablo’s final rose ceremony took place in St. Martin.
14 out of 18 answered correctly.
15. Name all the TV weddings that ABC has aired from this franchise.
6 people got all 6 correct.
6 people got 5 correct.
4 people got 4 correct.
2 people got 3 correct.
“Reader Emails” begin on the next page. Some of them towards the end were reactions to yesterday’s post. I let people express their opinions and didn’t comment on them since there wasn’t really much to add.