Bachelor Arie Spoilers

(EXCLUSIVE SPOILER): What is Going On?

Photo Credit: ABC

Can I first start off by saying: “Bahahahahahahahaha.”

I’m sorry, but yes, I will be gloating a tad in this column. Since Nov. 30th when I posted the spoiler, I had to listen to Arie Crazies tell me Becca was the one. For two months I had to listen to Arie Crazies tell me he totally picked the girl who fit best in his lifestyle. For two months I had to listen to people tell me Arie is a changed man and this show has settled him down and he’s totally looking to get married. After the podcast with Sydney, I had to listen to people trash her and tell her she had no idea what she was talking about, be quiet, get over it, he’s happily engaged to Becca and she’s just jealous, on and on and on and on these nauseating nut jobs went. You probably should be praising Sydney for giving you a heads up. Why? How about her tweet, four days BEFORE Arie was even named the “Bachelor.” I guess this makes her a f***in’ genius:

Whoever would’ve thought that Sydney would have this season nailed before it even started? Credit where credit is due. She called it.

Anyone that knew anything about who Arie was, and what he was doing this for, can’t honestly be too surprised that if a “Mesnick” was gonna happen again, it’d be by this guy. Well, except for his minions that are swallowing their own tongue right now trying to find ways to defend this. You see, because when I posted on Nov. 30th that Arie was engaged to Becca, you know how many of his lunatic fans tweeted or emailed me, “Oh no, Steve. Arie isn’t gonna end up with Becca. He’s going to break off the engagement in two months and start dating Lauren. I just know it.” I can tell you how many: ZE. RO. So you can’t on one hand for the last two months tell me how Becca is the girl for him, it’s perfect, she fits best into his life, he’s so in love with her and that’s why he spoiled his season on IG, then now that you have this news, come back with, “Well, ummm, errrrrr, uhhhhh, yeah, he’s making the best decision for himself. He’s following his heart. If this is how he feels, then I support his decision 100%.” Bulls***. It just kills you to admit you fell for this guy’s BS hook, line, and sinker and it’s pathetic. Womp woooommp. I’m sorry. This is just too good.

The guy who whined to us about not being in love for 5 years since Emily. The guy who’s now a matured man and is “not looking for someone to date, is looking for my wife,” couldn’t give it more than TWO MONTHS to a woman who had an ex-boyfriend show up, propose to her, have her REJECT IT, and then accept Arie’s proposal…you gave it a whopping two months before taking back that whole day and immediately asking Lauren to date you? Are you serious? Un-be-lievable. The season is a joke, he’s a joke, and I feel sorry for Becca. Been saying that since the show began. But hey, on the bright side, thank you Arie because this is GREAT for my business, the show will absolutely draw ratings now because everyone will be glued to that finale, no matter how boring the rest of the season is. And it’ll be one gigantic sh** show. He deserves the crucifying he will be getting come March 5th by the general public. Jason was the most hated man on earth when he pulled this on Melissa. And Jason didn’t have a sh***y reputation that preceded him. Maybe Arie shouldn’t leave the house for a while.

As I say every season, there’s nothing else I can tell you to make you believe this is what happened. There’s not gonna be any evidence publicly that proves this unless Arie & Lauren purposely go to social media and spoil it like he did with Becca. We haven’t had an ending like this in 9 years, so yeah, absolutely people are going to be skeptical and people are going to be hoping that I’m wrong. Not sure why it bothers them so much and they just can’t accept this, but I know there will be skeptics out there. And those people would be the Arie Crazies. So be it. This is what happened. It’s not wrong. I just laid out the timeline for you. If you honestly think I’m reporting this based off a hunch, or some wishful thinking, or something to stir the pot, then you don’t know how I function. This is your ending to this season and you will see it play out during the finale and ATFR on March 5th. It’s gonna be a doozy. Which kinda makes these two IG story posts that Becca had the last two days unfortunate:

It really sucks for her, no doubt. Of course both of those posts have double meanings now and were thinly veiled shots at Arie. How could they not be? I’m sure her head is still spinning, and now for the next 5 weeks, she’ll have to hear the whispers that it’s out and she won’t be able to say a word publicly. Maybe now that it’s out, the producers will tell her to try and throw people off the scent or whatever and start posting happy things, and people can dissect it til they’re blue in the face. Have at it. But that’s why social media never has and never will tell the full story. Who’s following who? Who’s commenting on who’s picture? What are they saying? It’s all white noise, never tells the true story, and just leads to more speculation. This is your ending and you will see it play out on March 5th.

1. jessie

January 23, 2018 at 8:49 AM

Thank you for the scoop! What will be most interesting is to see how the Arie crazies find justification for this!! One small comment….not to stick up for Jef, but he did say he’d donate 5000 bucks if Arie lasted a year – and Arie didn’t even last 2 months – so I think his point was that he wouldn’t last a year and he was right. So technically he doesn’t owe a charity money – however – if he actually has $5000 to joke around with he should just go ahead and give it to a good charity anyway!!

2. tinyred500

January 23, 2018 at 8:52 AM

Well that was an interesting read! A poster wrote on a previous post asking whether Arie had pulled a Mesnick. I feel for Becca if it’s true (RS is rarely wrong!). Okay, she took part in a reality show, but this is humiliating for her. The ATFR show will be erm interesting.

I do have a real issue with the franchise as a whole though. Why do the producers allow the lead’s (Bachelor’s) to say they love two women and air it? If the chosen girl is honest and genuine, can they not see how incredibly hurtful this must be for the chosen girl? I cannot think of anything more awful than knowing my fiancé said that with millions watching. Sean, and Ben H said it to two women and now Arie?

What’s even worse (which happens to both the Bachelor’s and Bachelorette’s), is the producers allow (they must give out contact details when asked) previous contestants to contact the lead post show. Arie and Sean both did it to Emily, Arie actually went to NC with and left his diary for Emily to read (I guess in hope she’d read it and change his mind?). Emily did the right thing and ignored them both. Lindsay Y contacted Sean weeks after filming and told him she still loved him! I cannot think of anything more selfish and disrespectful to both the lead’s choice and the person chosen. We have Nick throwing Andi under a bus live on air and Ben H saying he loved two women too, which according to reports caused Lauren a lot of pain, I don’t know about Catherine, but she did go on to marry Sean.

It does seem the producers love to meddle…they bring two people together and then try and sabotage the fledgling relationship. 🙁

3. kriskrue517

January 23, 2018 at 9:01 AM

This post is AMAZING. BAHAHAHAHAHHA! I have been stalking your social media waiting to hear this! Thank you for making my day! I’m from MN and do not know Becca but feel AWFUL for her. She is a shoe in for Bachelorette – and honestly, I cannot wait for this story to unfold in the After the final rose, etc. At this point, I will be surprised if Lauren and Arie make it til then. This show is such a hot mess.

4. dogmomma

January 23, 2018 at 9:13 AM

Last night’s episode really showed Arie’s shallow personality, although it has been pretty apparent all along. He doesn’t have any meaningful conversations with any of the girls. I was fairly neutral about him until last night, and now I really don’t like him after reading what happens with Becca and Lauren. I hope Becca gets the Bachelorette role if she wants it. Can’t wait for all the drama on social media between now and March 5th.

5. mrsbritwalk

January 23, 2018 at 9:29 AM

BECCA K. FOR BACHELORETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

6. avp2123

January 23, 2018 at 9:55 AM

My theory is this whole Becca and Lauren situation was a set-up. I think Arie knew he wanted to choose Lauren but it would be a better story to have Becca reject the proposal from her ex and then accept from Arie. THENNN I think Arie knew ALL along he was going to pull a Mesnick. He probably signed up for this thinking if I want to be remembered as the Bachelor and make my season worthy, I gotta pull a Mesnick. Maybe Lauren and Becca didn’t know this, but I think Arie knew the whole time this was going to be his game.

7. tinyred500

January 23, 2018 at 10:21 AM

I agree and that did pass through my mind. They’d do it to boast the ratings, and it does seem odd that they were filing at Lauren’s parents house. However, even more rotten for Becca to go through, I can’t say I agree with it nor think it’s anyway palatable. Just maybe she knew it was a set-up too.

It can only mean she’s the next Bachelorette, she has the back story like RS says.

8. soren

January 23, 2018 at 10:28 AM

Eh, it doesn’t look good, but it’s not the end of the world. People who go on bashing these reality tv stars need to calm down. It’s simple entertainment, and it just got juicier. Isn’t that why we watch reality TV? At least Becca fans will get her as lead most likely. Personally, I’m not too excited about her as Bachelorette. But Kendall and Tia don’t appeal to me either in that role.

9. tinyred500

January 23, 2018 at 10:46 AM

Typo! Lol That should be boost ratings! 😀

January 23, 2018 at 11:50 AM

Some of you stole my thunder. Yesterday was unwatchable & I don’t blame RS for the lack of recap. There was nothing to recap. The whole episode was stupid. I’ve been commenting on the pathetic ratings & wondering whether this show is plunging into it’s final resting place in TV hell. So, surprise. Here comes the big twist to gather eye balls. Everyone remembers the Mesnick season & it drew lots of eyeballs. What better way to put lipstick on this pig then to have a switcheroo at the end. You can just see Chris Harrison’s eyes bulging out of his head as he teases this as the “most controversial ending ever”. Oh wait, he does that every season. But this time he really means it. :/ I honestly hate that Becca is getting thrown under the bus for this extra drama. I still remember Melissa taking the gas pipe on live TV. I don’t think anyone truly signs up for having their heart ripped out of their chest on live TV.

11. carbha

January 23, 2018 at 11:51 AM

Something similar happened in bachelor australia with Blake Garvey and his choice Sam Frost.

January 23, 2018 at 11:55 AM

And I also agree that they wouldn’t have pulled a film crew up to Lauren’s house if they didn’t want it to be noticed and reported. If they wanted to keep it on the QT, they already have protocols and safe houses they could have used for that purpose. It’s honestly smart. Just let social media do it’s dirty work…. and if nobody happens to notice, then take a pic and leak it yourself. The show itself may be at stupid, but that doesn’t mean the producers are stupid too.

13. tinyred500

January 23, 2018 at 12:04 PM

Bad day for typo’s, I must have suffered a brain fart…filing should be filming! Lol 😀

14. tinyred500

January 23, 2018 at 12:45 PM

When RS said that Arie had said he loved two women (on 3 different programmes), it started to sound like his storyline and tag line, when I read it. The producers absolutely knew the ABC van’s would get noticed and leaked to social media. So contrived, and really shows how devious the producers are. I find it so hard to believe that contestants consider them as friends at ‘any’ point. So naive and too trusting comes to mind.

January 23, 2018 at 1:48 PM

When I look at the social media post…. “my best friend’s boyfriend…” … yeah, that was more likely an internal leak than some organic post from a real person. They might as well of said “my sister’s boyfriends cousins Mom’s dog”. So stupid.

16. avp2123

January 23, 2018 at 2:12 PM

Lol it’s ok it’s Monday…..

Oops I mean Tuesday ?

17. trainwrecktv

January 23, 2018 at 2:24 PM

I agree that this seems so contrived. This season has been getting panned across the board and producers had to see it coming. Setting up Becca for short-term disappointment (until she is Bachelorette) is a great way to pull this season back out of the trash can at the last minute.

18. adelina

January 23, 2018 at 2:58 PM

3 things:

1) Agree with everyone that this seems very contrived and pre-planned.

2). Am I the only one who had a gaydar ping’ing last night? The struggle may be real for Arie, hence his f*ckboy ways..

3). Regardless of “poor” Becca, she doesn’t interest me as Bach. I need beauty or personality to be interested and beyond her sad story, I don’t really see the appeal.

19. linds

January 23, 2018 at 4:02 PM

I wasn’t interested in this season, but I’ve watched anyway. After the first episode I warmed up to Arie a little. I have since remembered why I’m not a fan. Becca is pretty and seems likeable. I think she’d be a fun Bachelorette. From the little bit we’ve seen she seems to have a good personality. I feel so bad for her! Turning down the proposal from your ex, because you have been in a fox hole with another guy… and then getting dumped 2 months later on national TV. Yikes! It will be hard to watch. I find myself covering my eyes, but peeking through my fingers, when awkward moments like that are on tv. I’ll be rooting for her for Bachelorette!

20. soren

January 23, 2018 at 4:10 PM

@adelina, on your 3rd point – I agree. But tptb use the emotions of viewers so easily as people tend to react predictably. They will sell the sob story of the heartbroken F1. Nevermind the ridiculous nature of falling in love on a show where you barely spend any time together and now I’m to believe you’re wrecked. But meh..

As I don’t see any potential fun leads on this season, I was hoping they’d pick Jasmine Lorimer (first and only Bachelorette Canada?) as she is supposed to be on Winter Games. She was really great at carrying the show all by herself. I’m getting sick of boring leads who need crazy contestants in order to be entertaining. Well, I know it’s not practical to pick Jasmine. But they seriously need better leads than can carry the show on their own merits.

21. cdsherm

January 23, 2018 at 9:44 PM

Cannot wait till March 5th! Reading your site is the only reason I still watch this show. You da real MVP Steve.

22. tinyred500

January 24, 2018 at 12:08 AM

@adelina and soren, I never pay too much attention to a contestants personality, you only get to see contestants as the producers want you to see them. So whoever is the new Bachelorette or Bachelor is pretty much a persona we haven’t fully seen yet.

You rarely see a full persona or a full real one! Remember Ashley Salter AKA ‘Onion Girl’?! She acted more than a little weird on Chris S season, but post show on both WTA and BIP, she was so refreshingly normal. Before her exit, she called out the producers for their manipulation and fake drama set ups…(it never aired in its full edit). I loved her exit…..’I feel nothing’, which is as probably real and genuine as you can get, seeing most spend no more then 50 plus minutes with the lead, if that!

23. jlal

January 24, 2018 at 4:18 AM

I’m happy this happened, makes it more interesting. Arie could have just broken up with Becca, but obviously has some feelings for Lauren. I don’t think it was a set-up in advance at all. That would be too cruel. And, if the girls were in on it too then Arie, Becca and Lauren would have to be really good actors and I don’t think that is the case.

If they want to get away from the “I’m a mature, normal person looking for love” narrative then the other Bekah would be a good pick for bachelorette. She is way too young, but at least would be interesting. I agree with Tinyred that you only see the personality that the producers want you to see. Someone could be interesting as he11 but if highlighting them doesn’t fit the shows agenda they would not be developed.

24. jlal

January 24, 2018 at 4:25 AM

I don’t do social media, so maybe RS’s defensiveness, gloating, and animosity toward Arie and his “crazies” is justified. However, RS constantly tells everyone they’re a fool for taking this show seriously, then seems to do just that. Otherwise, his attitude would not be justified. Kind of like “…doth protest too much”. Like I said, I don’t do SM so am only going on what I read on this site, but man RS comes off as a bitter, spiteful, gloating little man sometimes.

25. tinyred500

January 24, 2018 at 5:59 AM

@jlal, I wholeheartedly hope it’s just a turn of events which happened during filming. Whichever way you look at it, set-up or not, it’s a storyline for the season. It’s still just as ghastly for Becca; (if she’s real and genuine) I’d want to skip the ATFR show if I was her (not that she’d be allowed). If I were Lauren, I’d be running the other way though, for many different reason’s.

I agree RS does love to do the victory dance and revel in own his delight when he’s right. He does appear at times to have a chip on his shoulder or an intense dislike about certain peeps. All that said, he’s rarely wrong and he ‘may’ have good reason’s why he doesn’t like certain people. It’s anyone’s guess.

It’s a silly show, which I personally don’t take seriously. Steve has to take what he does for a living seriously, but as for the contents of the show and it’s format…how could he take it seriously? 😉

26. jlal

January 24, 2018 at 11:54 AM

Good point tinyred about RS taking this seriously because it is his job. However, without the context of social media, reading his comments can be painful. I’m thinking “Dude, we get it you’re right, anyone is crazy, now move on.”

If I was Becca, I would want to be on the ATFR, because she is going to get all the sympathy and a good edit. Arie and maybe Lauren (if she is on) will be the villains. Lauren really hasn’t done anything wrong, so people may go easy on her. Frankly, I don’t think Arie, if his feelings are genuine, has done anything wrong either. I really don’t think this was planned in advance. None of the characters are actors and I can’t see either girl agreeing to such a thing.

I remember when Mesnick did it. Frankly, I remember thinking when he cried his eyes out saying goodbye to Molly that he was letting the wrong girl go, so wasn’t surprised by the turn about. They were truly in love and have stayed together and built a family. People make mistakes in life. I don’t think that makes them a “bad” person. Now if they are just f’ing with someone to stroke their ego or for fun, that is different.

If Arie truly made an honest mistake and really loves Lauren, then good for them. I’m happy they found each other and hope they last. I doubt it, but hope for the best.

27. jlal

January 24, 2018 at 11:56 AM

Meant …, everyone is crazy, now move on.

28. deedledee

January 24, 2018 at 9:37 PM

I agree with all of this. Joe know the conversations are typically vapid, but Arie this season takes the damn cake. He barely seems passively interested in any of the women anyhow. And the ending will entertain but embarrass someone. I kinda have some self loathing for even watching this.

29. cjscjs711

January 24, 2018 at 10:42 PM

@Adelina – My gaydar was pinging when fans were proposing Arie for Bachelor, last few times. That’s why I’ve always opposed him as selection. A lot of gay men DO try to be straight; but it doesn’t work and women just get hurt as a consequence.

“I almost feel bad for Jason and Molly because now they’re going to have re-live this again, as you know media outlets will be going to them trying to get quotes about their thoughts.” Steve, LOL. Odd thing – I turned on On Demand to re-watch the episodes because I kept getting distracted and missing things while it was live. For the first time, On Demand is now offering another season as well as the current. Season 13 episodes (for a fee). The blurb said it was Jason Mesick’s season.

You have to remember, the producers use many of the same techniques that are used in ‘brainwashing’. So, they’re being manipulated, but at the same time, it’s real in a sense.

30. tinyred500

January 25, 2018 at 1:37 AM

@cjscjs711

Your last paragraph perfectly defined and summarised how this show works behind the scenes. The leads must get sucked in as much (at times) as the contestants, it’s one reason why so many relationships fail. It’s the same every season and few manage to escape it.

I too feel sorry for Molly and Jason, it’s the franchise that keeps on giving….and most definitely not always in the best or nicest way.

Hmm… no typos this time! 😀

31. cbearcat60

January 25, 2018 at 5:42 PM

Crap I stopped watching because I can’t stand Arie. Now I’ve gotta start again so I can watch the train wreck. I have always considered the show more of a comedy, but Arie takes the cake. Hopefully, I can make it through his shallow ass style of communicating to get to the end. If not, there are always the tabloids lol

32. stasi22

January 25, 2018 at 11:34 PM

This is exactly what I was thinking. Didn’t he try going for the runner up and then she said no so then he went to number 3. It was awful and everyone did not like him at all.

33. blondebride

January 28, 2018 at 8:43 AM

Hi Steve!!
    Thank you for always spoiling and keeping us entertained!
    Do you think the show will spin Arie as the jerk from this? Aka Juan Pablo ATFR when Chris Harrison had the awkward sit down with him just proving he was a total loser?
    I feel like this would be a better angle if they want to keep Becca as the shining damsel in distress rather than positioning it as proud of Arie for “following his heart”. Thoughts?

34. alisons

January 29, 2018 at 11:52 AM

Sooo…he broke up with Democrat Becca K for Republican Lauren B. Arie is so basic.

JK. But seriously, Becca K for Bachelorette!

35. debb0

January 29, 2018 at 2:30 PM

Hmmmm..looking at the FB pic of the 2 vans (black suv’s?), if these are the vans they were talking about, the angle of the photo shows it’s taken from a window of the same house, so it could not have been taken by a “next door neighbor’s good friend’s bf? Unless Arie was at the house across the street, hard to make out those vehicles. So, agree with other commenters this leak was not an accident.

36. lhoney

January 30, 2018 at 10:22 AM

Steve this is why I keep coming back. This is brilliant! I don’t watch any of the shows but your spoilers and commentary are delightful!

37. beapancake

February 2, 2018 at 5:10 AM

I’m White knuckling it for sure. Thank god for Steve’s spoiler because as many have said, this season is the Worst!!

38. jezziebezzie

February 19, 2018 at 10:22 PM

My first instinct, when I heard Arie was “the dude” was to think ‘but isn’t he the douchiest douched that ever douched?’ I mean, I HATED Emily, but thought a lot of the smarmy dudes in her season were kinda perfect for her.
    Becca will come to find she dodged a huge bullet. And she seems like a nice girl, so that’s good. Lauren also seems like a pretty decent girl, so I hope she’ll come to her senses as soon as the fun, sexy ‘clandestine’ part of the relationship is over. Who is it that said Sunlight is the best disinfectant?

39. sandyego

February 20, 2018 at 8:39 AM

I agree ? with you Adelina! GAYDAR piiiiiiiiiiiiiing and Becca is as appealing as a dirty raw turnip. Lauren won’t last as the white bred to is nut butter. BORING YAWN of a season with ZERO HERO.

40. sandyego

February 20, 2018 at 8:40 AM

That’s not a ? It’s a 100 emoji. ONE HUNDRED

41. sandyego

February 20, 2018 at 8:50 AM

Lauren is gonna need some sort of Hawaiian Tropic type of tan in order to disinfect the bugs off of this one. Thanks for the LOLZ.

42. jse3

February 20, 2018 at 7:44 PM

The odds of people finding their soul mate on that TV show are slim; although the production staff probably does some work to match up people and I bet they use a little astrology. It seems like some of the couple are good and it should work.
    It’s entertaining nonsense.
    I bet that leading man isn’t ready to settle down yet it maybe he’s a relationship away from meeting his person. And that lady Becca is wonderful person…

43. missmanners

February 21, 2018 at 4:17 PM

This show is so orchestrated, and I see it’s back to it’s same bland formula. I’ve barely tuned in to this season. Wish I could find a thrill in these spoilers. Though, Steve, I feel for you. From Peter crazies to Arie crazies. When does it end?

44. LynnMJ

February 27, 2018 at 12:35 PM

sandyego – really? A ‘dirty raw turnip’? WTH? Why so nasty towards a woman you don’t know? By the way, it’s “bread”, not “bred”. Get a dictionary. Mean people suck!!

45. bellaskary4ever

February 28, 2018 at 12:25 PM

Not at all surprised. I really wanted to like this guy. I was happy to hear that he was the new bachelor but shortly into this season it became obvious that he is not a good guy. A lot of red flags in every episode, and when he started telling every girl he was “falling for” her it became super obvious that he’s a total creep. He probably realized that Becca is not the type he can sneak around on. She wouldn’t put up with that crap. Lauren, on the other hand, seems either gullible and, therefore the perfect target or duplicitous and, therefore, a lot like him. She will either learn the hard way or they deserve each other. I hope Becca is the next Bachelorette. I can’t imagine watching all this back from the standpoint of someone on the outside. If only she could have seen what so many saw she would have turned down that proposal and embarrased him on tv.

46. bellaskary4ever

February 28, 2018 at 12:47 PM

I just read the comments and I’m surprised that no one else pegged Lauren as possibly being full of b.s. as well. Look, she NEVER talks, on camera, anyway. We know nothing about her aside from what we saw from her family in home town’s. It seems very possible to me that it was set up and she was in on it. And that just maybe Becca wasn’t. Like the plan was cemented on the overnight… Just conjecture but I don’t really but her innocent, tight lipped, emotionless act. And if it IS real, boy is she in for a nasty surprise.

47. tacs

March 1, 2018 at 7:22 AM

How does Arie propose in Peru if the girls go back and meet his family? Or does his whole family fly to Peru?

48. faitholiver

March 27, 2018 at 10:38 AM

CONTACT DR MACK TO GET EX BACK, FIX UP BROKEN RELATIONSHIP URGENTLY EMAIL DR_MACK @YAHOO. COM..