The Bachelorette 14 - Becca

The “Bachelorette” Becca – Episode 7 Recap & (SPOILER) Some BIP “Couples”

Photo Credit: ABC

-Becca informs us that she’s never been to the Bahamas and neither have any of her remaining six guys. Yeah, but us the viewers have, and recently I might add. After 8 girls from Ben’s season have now appeared on the podcast (9 if you include the time LB came on during the Jen Saviano interview), it’s been talked about numerous times about their trip to the Bahamas in episode 6 that season. Caila’s second 1-on-1, the 6 girl group date swimming with the pigs, then the infamous 2-on-1 with twin Emily and Olivia where Olivia got left on the island. Vegas and Bahamas from Ben’s season was repeated this season. And I guess in place of Indiana, they did Virginia. So yeah, all the people bitching about the travel this season, you do realize Ben’s non-U.S. travel before hometowns was Mexico and the Bahamas. Becca’s was just Bahamas. So lets not all whine at once about how she got stuck with the worst travel season ever. Nick’s non-U.S. travel before hometowns was just St. Thomas and Bimini. And Chris Soules had ZERO non-U.S. travel before hometowns. It’s a season-by-season deal. Whoever ponies up the cake to bring the show to their city/country, that’s where they go.

-Chris Harrison talks to Becca. She’s excited. She feels like she will be engaged by the end of this thing and we all can’t wait because maybe finally the Arie talk will cease. Maybe. As for the guys, having their pre-date-card-chat-set-up-by-producers, Colton talks about how family is #1 thing in his life and taking Becca home to meet them will be a huge deal. Others guys are saying the same thing and Wills is wearing a romphim, his second one of the season. This time it’s leopard print and I really don’t know what to say. Dude is certainly creating his own style this season for sure. I was just waiting for any moment where he rocked a fanny pack while sporting sandals with socks on. That pretty much would’ve taken the cake.

-Becca joins the guys and does Chris Harrison’s job for him. So he took a later flight into the Bahamas, which I remember because people were telling me they saw him at the airport days after filming in Bahamas had begun. She tells them there will be no rose ceremony this week. Three 1-on-1 dates and a 3-on-1 group date, where roses will be given out on every date. This seems to be their new thing in the episode before hometowns. We’ve seen this a few times now. But lets be clear about something. I tweeted this last night, and even mentioned it in the episode-by-episode spoilers. The 3-on-1 date with Jason, Wills, and Leo was filmed on Sunday, April 15th. Jason had the first hometown on Wednesday, April 18th in Buffalo, NY. Everything was already rented out, venues were booked, and family was ready to go. Producers already knew who she was giving her rose to on that group date before it happened. Sure, they might’ve told Wills and Leo’s family to be ready for a possible date, but they say that to all families of the contestants in the final 6. Plans were already made for the four that got them this season. Wills and Leo had zero chance before that date started and had no idea. Oh well. That’s reality TV for you.

-One of the things the guys made sure to talk about once Colton got his 1-on-1 was the fact that he was hiding a “secret,” and that secret was that he’s a virgin. Leo had a real strong take on it, because Leo’s a pro at having sex with women while wearing a sock and having no penetration shown at 2am on Cinemax. Leo thinks Colton is going to tell her and that might not go so well for him. Garrett feels the same way. In fact, Garrett went as far as to say that if Colton tells Becca he’s a virgin, Becca won’t give him a rose because sex is an important part of a relationship. While what he said isn’t wrong at all, wasn’t a good look for him since she obviously still gave him a rose. Do we think it played a role in Colton not lasting past next week? I’m sure some do. There’s probably a majority that feels you need to test drive the car before buying it. But only Becca knows why and I’m guessing it has more to do with the fact their relationship wasn’t as solid as her other three. Hell, even after Colton got the first date card, none of the guys could believe he got it, and even said Colton didn’t think he’d get it. So it seems to me those there didn’t feel it much between Becca and Colton either and that relationship came across as pure lust.

1. hermoine

July 10, 2018 at 11:40 AM

So now that we know Tia goes back to Becca to tell her she still has feelings for Colton, could that be the reason we saw Becca crying on the bed in the couple promo snippets for episodes coming soon? That’s my theory!

2. adelina

July 10, 2018 at 12:17 PM

I am rooting for Blake. Yes he overshared about the divorce details even though I imagine your Mom having an affair with one of your teacher/coaches is pretty unsettling and embarrassing…but, he just seems more genuine than Garrett.

I also find it odd that Garrett dated his ex-wife for a significant time and then divorced two months later???? Like, you didn’t see ANY of this hothead behavior? And if you did and you rationalized it, fine, but between that and his politically incorrect instagram likes — I just think dude seems idealistic and a little misguided.

I think he needs to slow his roll and just be single for a while. I don’t see them making it at all – he’s such a ‘yes’ man and like an eager puppy wanting to please Becca.

Sidenote: could Wills have a more monotone /eyes half closed disposition? Nice guy. Nice sense of style. Flat affect.

July 10, 2018 at 12:51 PM

I’ve really snoozed through this season. Wow, we’re already to hometowns. I’ve really been playing on my phone while my wife watches. In the snippets I’ve watched, there have just been so many uninteresting guys, who aren’t really that interested in Becca. Now that Leo and Wills are gone, that does help. But I’m not buying that Colton gives a rip about Becca. I guess Jason might, but it really doesn’t look like Becca is that into him. That leaves, of course, Blake and Garrett and the pretty obvious two horse race. It’s just taking SUCH a long time to let go of 25 (or whatever it was) guys that were not going to happen. I’ve found this season to be very tedious. I don’t care about any of these guys (yeah, I do like to be happy for the final couple) and their relationship with Becca. And, honestly, it seems like she spends a lot of time weeding out guys who slip up while trying to fake interest in her. Then she spends a day brooding about the latest guy she had to kick to the curb. Then she cancels the cocktail party and gives out roses to a bunch of guys that have no chance. Why did he get the rose? Because look at who’s left. So uninteresting.

4. GoingBlonde

July 10, 2018 at 2:32 PM

Garrett turned me off last night with his little speech about not putting a ring on the finger without having had sex first. This test drive theory is so dumb! If you have attraction and chemistry, then sex will get figured out. Sean and Catherine waited and are doing just fine. I liked Garrett before even despite his recent Instagram scandal. But last night, I was just disgusted with him and Blake.

5. angelfish

July 10, 2018 at 2:45 PM

Sean & Catherine had BOTH already had sex with other people, so they knew what to do and what they liked and how they liked it. HUGE difference than being with somebody that only knows the mechanics. I can’t stand Garrett, but I support his test-drive theory.

6. shenanigans

July 10, 2018 at 3:19 PM

The sad reality about sex: you can have fabulous sex with someone you don’t even like. You can also love someone dearly and not be compatible with them that way. If you marry that person without knowing that, you may spend the rest of your life unhappy with your sex life (one partner will be frustrated, while the other partner will feel put upon). Why ANYONE would risk that by waiting until marriage is beyond me.

JMO

7. upmyalley

July 10, 2018 at 9:22 PM

I totally agree. No one has any charisma and it’s just been crikets from the start. Very boring.

8. corn29

July 11, 2018 at 5:29 AM

Becca is no different than Andi Dorfman… both got the Bachelorette gig out of sympathy (being wronged by JP and Arie) and because they were portrayed as strong, independent women… then we see the true vapid and shallow person come out.

Becca’s reaction to Colton being a virgin was completely classless. For Becca being a self styled SJW, why would virginity matter? She’s totally down with all types of people except when it comes to virgins for some reason.

Becca’s reaction to Garrett not bringing a woman home to the parents since his divorce was ridiculous too… should Garrett said have said something like 5 or 6 women then? Would that have been better.

Becca has weird personal notions of what normal is.

9. jlal

July 11, 2018 at 6:03 AM

Agree that most of the men on this season are just boring or at least their edits are boring. I wish the show would focus more on developing the personalities of the contestants rather than fabricating drama.

BTW – Becca did not react bad when Colton shared he was a virgin. Like RS showed, she sent out at the time saying she got up to go to the restroom. She probably didn’t even get up right after he shared, it was just edited that way. Why the show makes a big deal out of people being virgins I don’t know, it is stupid. The show acts like being a virgin is like having a dreaded disease.

I think Blake will be the next bachelor. It seems they are setting him up for that at least.

I don’t buy for a minute that Becca and Tia didn’t communicate before, during, and after the show about Colton. I also don’t buy that Tia suddenly realizes she has “feelings” for him. It is all manufactured drama. All of it.

10. jlal

July 11, 2018 at 6:10 AM

As for Wills, Adelina I said something similar in another post. His half mast eyes, monotone voice too sweet voice, etc. just seem disingenuous. Very affected. He continues to remind me of that blond chick from Arie’s season, Krystal! Just looked it up. Anyway, he kind of gives me the creeps. Also, while his style is “interesting” it is so not my cup of tea or what I’d like my man to be wearing.

11. corn29

July 11, 2018 at 4:40 PM

> BTW – Becca did not react bad when Colton shared he was a virgin

Bull… that tweet from Becca is reactionary to all the negative tweets about it. Becca’s tweet is just as fake as some claim this show’s editing is.

Becca’s reaction is her reaction and she needs to own it. She didn’t excuse herself to go to the bathroom. She needed to gather her thoughts. Becca does her best thinking when she’s dropping a deuce? LOL Whatever!

Unless she

12. jlal

July 12, 2018 at 3:37 AM

corn29 – Even Ashley I stated on a show I was watching that there is no way Becca got up right after he told her. It was edited to look that way. She went on to say they probably either told her to walk around or just shot her pacing around and then edited it in too. This show is heavily edited, heavily. Becca didn’t even get up to go to the bathroom right after he told her, they just made it look that way.

However, from your response the created the story line works so there you go.

13. ctrealitygirl

July 12, 2018 at 12:58 PM

To help settle the question about how Becca handled Colton dropping the V-bomb…today there is an article in People.com where Becca states that she felt she needed some time to process the information as she was about to make a huge decision about who gets hometown dates. SO…why was she tweeting that she merely needed a ladies room break?? Amazing how they change their stories to suit their needs and make themselves look better.

14. corn29

July 12, 2018 at 1:44 PM

Thank-you @ctrealitygirl!

I just saw the People thing and came here to reply to the people arguing with me about this…

@jlal. BECCA’S OWN WORDS are, “I needed to gather my thoughts”. That is NOT, I need to use the ladies room.

Yes, this is at odds with Becca’s own tweet from tuesday — A tweet I mentioned was BS and completely reactionary from all the criticism Becca is getting for being so judgmental.

15. ctrealitygirl

July 12, 2018 at 2:08 PM

You’re most welcome corn29! Besides the People article, I re-watched the scene after reading about Becca tweeting that she simply need to get up to go to the ladies room, and it didn’t appear edited to me. And the whole time he was telling her, her face seemed frozen…no sign of compassion. So, methinks the news did disturb her to some point. Just own up to it!

16. jenscho

July 15, 2018 at 1:34 PM

Sometimes going to the restroom is code for taking a break to gather yourself and your emotions.