The Bachelorette 14 - Becca

The “Bachelorette” Becca – Episode 7 Recap & (SPOILER) Some BIP “Couples”

Photo Credit: ABC

-Time for Garrett and Becca’s love fest. It begins with the ol’ run and jump into his arms and straddle him greeting. This happened on a beach in front of a bunch of people and you saw the pictures get out that day that someone had posted on their FB page. Garrett is pretty pumped they’re getting to ride a seaplane and all I could think of was how different this plane ride was than just a few days ago in Virginia when she was in a two seater plane with Leo and looked like she’d rather be getting a root canal. Then again, probably had something to do with the fact that she actually likes Garrett. Well, loves Garrett and moderately tolerated Leo. If you had to grade her interest in Garrett versus her interest in Leo on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being how Jared felt about Ashley on BIP 2 & 3 and at Tanner and Jade’s weddding and 10 being all the love in the world, Leo would be at a -592 and Garrett would be +1953. That’s just a little math I was able to calculate in my head.

-They get dropped off on an island to themselves and do a little making out in the water. Becca even insists she’s never been this horny never wanted to make out in the water with somebody as much as she did right then. She says she always is happy around him and has never seem him mad or down when he’s around. You know, like Blake who can’t stop whining and sniveling about a date back at the hotel. Garrett says he’s trying to be as understanding as he can with this because it’s not easy. Well, good to know Garrett is an understanding person. At least in some areas. Then Garrett reaches into his bag of tricks and yet another guy who seems to have studied at the Jef Holm Institute of Ecards and gives her this line: “I’m not perfect, you’re not perfect, but I think we can be perfect together.” I feel like I’ve heard that line 1,000 times before, yet, I can’t remember what movie/TV show/commercial/Hallmark card I heard/saw it, but there’s zero chance that line is original.

-Dinner time and Becca and Garrett sit down for a little chit chat. Becca makes a toast at dinner where I forgot her lines but Garrett is impressed. It’s not nearly as impressive as the rehearsed written lines he’s had for her all season, but decent nonetheless for his standards. They talk about a possible upcoming hometown date for him and he says she’d meet his mom, dad, brother, sister, and grandma. What’s funny is there was zero chance he wasn’t getting a rose so all this pretend B.S. was pretty lame. Like was he really trying to sell himself to her at this point of why he deserved a hometown? Probably a good chance they were planning that parade and key to the city in Manteca the minute he got the first impression rose a month earlier. Garrett could’ve hand pulled the wings off a butterfly in front of her and he would’ve still gotten a hometown. Garrett could’ve told Becca her jeans made her butt look bigger and he still would’ve gotten a hometown. Garrett could’ve liked a bunch of hateful…forget it.

-As we get into the meat and potatoes of this conversation, Becca asks about Garrett’s ex again and Garrett wastes little time in throwing her under the bus – again. Look, I’m well aware there are two sides to every story. And I’m sure his ex Kayla probably doesn’t have the greatest things to say about him either. But all the “you should get her on the podcast” stuff needs to stop. If she was still single and reached out to me, sure. Then I’d listen. But she’s a married woman now who I’m guessing has moved on and doesn’t want to talk about a failed 2 month marriage from her past, regardless of what Garrett is saying about her. Nonetheless, Garrett reiterates that she was “hot headed” and always “yelling and screaming,” which is about as generic as you can get. I’m sure only a selected few know about their past, so there’s no need to dive into what he said. We just don’t know. However, from what he said, my opinion is that I don’t see the point in why he’d share that. Yes, he already mentioned it in a previous episode and I didn’t agree then. Seems like a pretty low blow if you ask me. Now, if you want to tell that to Becca in private when you’re together, that makes perfect sense. But to expose her on national TV? Seems a bit extreme.

-Garrett said her actions changed who he was and he would overlook it because he wanted to make it work so bad. So basically he’s doubling down on everything here. Not only did she do ALL this, but look at what a trooper I was putting up with all of it because I wanted to make it work so bad. Actually, I call that stupidity. We’ve all been there. We’ve all put up with more of an ex’s sh** than we should’ve or maybe stayed longer than we should’ve. Doesn’t make us a better person for it. Especially if it continually happened. It only makes it better if you actually learn from it and don’t repeat the same mistake in a future relationship. So I guess this is the blip on their radar that they’ll have to overcome (well, among other things), but they’ve seemed to move past it for now, his ex has been trashed a second time, and now Becca has a surprise for him. They go running into the ocean late at night for a swim and make out session. Although how much of a surprise could it have been since it seemed like both of them had on their bathing suits underneath their outfits? Remember how the spies were working overtime that night?

1. hermoine

July 10, 2018 at 11:40 AM

So now that we know Tia goes back to Becca to tell her she still has feelings for Colton, could that be the reason we saw Becca crying on the bed in the couple promo snippets for episodes coming soon? That’s my theory!

2. adelina

July 10, 2018 at 12:17 PM

I am rooting for Blake. Yes he overshared about the divorce details even though I imagine your Mom having an affair with one of your teacher/coaches is pretty unsettling and embarrassing…but, he just seems more genuine than Garrett.

I also find it odd that Garrett dated his ex-wife for a significant time and then divorced two months later???? Like, you didn’t see ANY of this hothead behavior? And if you did and you rationalized it, fine, but between that and his politically incorrect instagram likes — I just think dude seems idealistic and a little misguided.

I think he needs to slow his roll and just be single for a while. I don’t see them making it at all – he’s such a ‘yes’ man and like an eager puppy wanting to please Becca.

Sidenote: could Wills have a more monotone /eyes half closed disposition? Nice guy. Nice sense of style. Flat affect.

July 10, 2018 at 12:51 PM

I’ve really snoozed through this season. Wow, we’re already to hometowns. I’ve really been playing on my phone while my wife watches. In the snippets I’ve watched, there have just been so many uninteresting guys, who aren’t really that interested in Becca. Now that Leo and Wills are gone, that does help. But I’m not buying that Colton gives a rip about Becca. I guess Jason might, but it really doesn’t look like Becca is that into him. That leaves, of course, Blake and Garrett and the pretty obvious two horse race. It’s just taking SUCH a long time to let go of 25 (or whatever it was) guys that were not going to happen. I’ve found this season to be very tedious. I don’t care about any of these guys (yeah, I do like to be happy for the final couple) and their relationship with Becca. And, honestly, it seems like she spends a lot of time weeding out guys who slip up while trying to fake interest in her. Then she spends a day brooding about the latest guy she had to kick to the curb. Then she cancels the cocktail party and gives out roses to a bunch of guys that have no chance. Why did he get the rose? Because look at who’s left. So uninteresting.

4. GoingBlonde

July 10, 2018 at 2:32 PM

Garrett turned me off last night with his little speech about not putting a ring on the finger without having had sex first. This test drive theory is so dumb! If you have attraction and chemistry, then sex will get figured out. Sean and Catherine waited and are doing just fine. I liked Garrett before even despite his recent Instagram scandal. But last night, I was just disgusted with him and Blake.

5. angelfish

July 10, 2018 at 2:45 PM

Sean & Catherine had BOTH already had sex with other people, so they knew what to do and what they liked and how they liked it. HUGE difference than being with somebody that only knows the mechanics. I can’t stand Garrett, but I support his test-drive theory.

6. shenanigans

July 10, 2018 at 3:19 PM

The sad reality about sex: you can have fabulous sex with someone you don’t even like. You can also love someone dearly and not be compatible with them that way. If you marry that person without knowing that, you may spend the rest of your life unhappy with your sex life (one partner will be frustrated, while the other partner will feel put upon). Why ANYONE would risk that by waiting until marriage is beyond me.

JMO

7. upmyalley

July 10, 2018 at 9:22 PM

I totally agree. No one has any charisma and it’s just been crikets from the start. Very boring.

8. corn29

July 11, 2018 at 5:29 AM

Becca is no different than Andi Dorfman… both got the Bachelorette gig out of sympathy (being wronged by JP and Arie) and because they were portrayed as strong, independent women… then we see the true vapid and shallow person come out.

Becca’s reaction to Colton being a virgin was completely classless. For Becca being a self styled SJW, why would virginity matter? She’s totally down with all types of people except when it comes to virgins for some reason.

Becca’s reaction to Garrett not bringing a woman home to the parents since his divorce was ridiculous too… should Garrett said have said something like 5 or 6 women then? Would that have been better.

Becca has weird personal notions of what normal is.

9. jlal

July 11, 2018 at 6:03 AM

Agree that most of the men on this season are just boring or at least their edits are boring. I wish the show would focus more on developing the personalities of the contestants rather than fabricating drama.

BTW – Becca did not react bad when Colton shared he was a virgin. Like RS showed, she sent out at the time saying she got up to go to the restroom. She probably didn’t even get up right after he shared, it was just edited that way. Why the show makes a big deal out of people being virgins I don’t know, it is stupid. The show acts like being a virgin is like having a dreaded disease.

I think Blake will be the next bachelor. It seems they are setting him up for that at least.

I don’t buy for a minute that Becca and Tia didn’t communicate before, during, and after the show about Colton. I also don’t buy that Tia suddenly realizes she has “feelings” for him. It is all manufactured drama. All of it.

10. jlal

July 11, 2018 at 6:10 AM

As for Wills, Adelina I said something similar in another post. His half mast eyes, monotone voice too sweet voice, etc. just seem disingenuous. Very affected. He continues to remind me of that blond chick from Arie’s season, Krystal! Just looked it up. Anyway, he kind of gives me the creeps. Also, while his style is “interesting” it is so not my cup of tea or what I’d like my man to be wearing.

11. corn29

July 11, 2018 at 4:40 PM

> BTW – Becca did not react bad when Colton shared he was a virgin

Bull… that tweet from Becca is reactionary to all the negative tweets about it. Becca’s tweet is just as fake as some claim this show’s editing is.

Becca’s reaction is her reaction and she needs to own it. She didn’t excuse herself to go to the bathroom. She needed to gather her thoughts. Becca does her best thinking when she’s dropping a deuce? LOL Whatever!

Unless she

12. jlal

July 12, 2018 at 3:37 AM

corn29 – Even Ashley I stated on a show I was watching that there is no way Becca got up right after he told her. It was edited to look that way. She went on to say they probably either told her to walk around or just shot her pacing around and then edited it in too. This show is heavily edited, heavily. Becca didn’t even get up to go to the bathroom right after he told her, they just made it look that way.

However, from your response the created the story line works so there you go.

13. ctrealitygirl

July 12, 2018 at 12:58 PM

To help settle the question about how Becca handled Colton dropping the V-bomb…today there is an article in People.com where Becca states that she felt she needed some time to process the information as she was about to make a huge decision about who gets hometown dates. SO…why was she tweeting that she merely needed a ladies room break?? Amazing how they change their stories to suit their needs and make themselves look better.

14. corn29

July 12, 2018 at 1:44 PM

Thank-you @ctrealitygirl!

I just saw the People thing and came here to reply to the people arguing with me about this…

@jlal. BECCA’S OWN WORDS are, “I needed to gather my thoughts”. That is NOT, I need to use the ladies room.

Yes, this is at odds with Becca’s own tweet from tuesday — A tweet I mentioned was BS and completely reactionary from all the criticism Becca is getting for being so judgmental.

15. ctrealitygirl

July 12, 2018 at 2:08 PM

You’re most welcome corn29! Besides the People article, I re-watched the scene after reading about Becca tweeting that she simply need to get up to go to the ladies room, and it didn’t appear edited to me. And the whole time he was telling her, her face seemed frozen…no sign of compassion. So, methinks the news did disturb her to some point. Just own up to it!

16. jenscho

July 15, 2018 at 1:34 PM

Sometimes going to the restroom is code for taking a break to gather yourself and your emotions.