Bachelor Colton Spoilers

Podcast #96 – Interview with Mike Renner, & (EXCLUSIVE) Ten Women Who Will Appear on Colton’s Season

Photo Credit: ABC

Before we get to the release of the women, I tweeted this interview with Chris Harrison out last week because I found it fascinating. If there’s one thing that Chris does well, it’s shill for the franchise. We know this show is entertainment. It’s not reality. It’s just brainless silly television that you shouldn’t take seriously. But the show will always try to make you think it’s something different. That’s why to hear Chris admit, “Yeah, Colton gave us the best TV that’s why we chose him” is, well, kinda shocking. I mean, we KNOW they’re just going for the best TV every season and don’t care who America wants as their lead, but to hear Chris admit it for the first time ever kinda took me back. And even following it up with negativity like, “it could be a complete and utter disaster” is something you NEVER hear from him. So any of those who ever doubted what this show cares about and what they’re looking for, Chris summed it up for you. It’s like Chris knows this wasn’t a popular pick and couldn’t care less. And the constant, “Is he ready? He says he is, but is he really” kind of stuff really makes you wonder. I’m guessing this is going to be an ongoing theme all season long because, lets face it, most people don’t think he’s ready. And you read enough reaction to the choice of Colton, I’m sure you’re well aware what a lot of people are saying about him. This is going to be interesting for sure.

Yesterday, they filmed a segment on “Ellen” that’ll air today, where three of the women got to meet Colton early. Two of them I already had in Sydney and Katie, but I didn’t have Annie. I’m guessing it won’t be long before I do. UPDATE: Took about an hour. Got her. She’s been added. Here was the segment where he met the three of them:

There will be three public dates in the coming week: this Sunday the 23rd, Friday the 28th, and Saturday the 29th. The show sent out a mass email to their mailing list and those are the dates they are looking for audience members to show up for dates. I bring this up because I thought filming started tonight, with an off day tomorrow and then dates start on Sat the 22nd. But if you go by their schedule, if filming started tonight, then rose ceremony #3 would be next Saturday the 29th, and we know there’s a public date that day. So either they’ve changed the filming schedule around in LA (something they never do), or filming will begin tomorrow night, thus allowing for next Saturday the 29th to be a date day. We’ll know if they start filming tonight because Chris Harrison, Robert Mills, and Mike Fleiss all tweet on night one. But it looks to me they’re starting tomorrow night now. Keep an eye out for that on Twitter tonight.

Some interesting notes on these 10 women:

-Granted, these are only 10 of the 25 or so who will be on the season, yet only three are over the age of 26. Par for the course for this show. No matter what the age of the “Bachelor,” a majority of the women cast are between 24-28. That’s just the way it works. Please do not be surprised by this.

-Two Hannah’s this season (so far) and both from Alabama.

-Lets see how long it takes someone to email me about Annie. 3, 2, 1….UPDATE: About an hour.

-Some of the best looking women, I think, the show has ever had. If you were to ask me to rank a top 3 out of these 10, I couldn’t do it. I mean, I could, but it’d probably change 10 minutes later. So here’s my early, early, early top 3 (not how I think they’ll finish, but just strictly going off their profiles) that I’m sure will change by lunch time (in no particular order): Erika, Nina, and Alex.

-A lot of dancers already. 30% of these already with dance backgrounds: Sydney, Shelbi, and Katie. I’m sure there will be more.

-As always, no other site has posted any of these women. If you’re going to include them in your blog or IG page or whatever, please link back to where you got them from.

-Lastly, there’s still an outside chance someone (or more than one) on this list don’t end up making the final cut. But I’d be pretty surprised. These women are all in LA right now, and nothing I do will prevent them from getting on. Either they want you on the show, or they don’t. Me releasing the names before filming starts has no bearing. If that were the case, then all 10 of these women wouldn’t make it, and that’s just not happening. But if one of them gets cut before the limo entrances, I’ll update you. These women have been added to the Colton’s Women link in the navigation bar up top.
___________________________________

1. Sydney Lotuaco: 27, New York, NY. Former NY Knicks dancer and current barre class teacher at Physique 57 in New York. Graduated Marymount Manhattan College cum laude with a BFA in Dance. Also has done some modeling work. One of the 3 girls who got to meet Colton early on the “Ellen” show

Facebook – Sydney Lotuaco (de-activated as of 9/20)
Twitter – @sydneylotuaco (hasn’t been used since 2013)
Instagram – sydneylotuaco (de-activated as of 9/20)
LinkedIn – Sydney Lotuaco

___________________________________

2. Nina Bartula: 30, Raleigh, NC. Account manager at Cisco. Graduated Meredith College in 2011 with a B.S. in Business Administration and a double minor in International Business and Marketing.

Instagram – nina.bartula (de-activated as of 9/20)
LinkedIn – Nina Bartula

___________________________________

3. Hannah Godwin: 23, Birmingham, AL. Media manager at Soca Clothing. Graduated University of Montevallo in 2017 with a Business Marketing degree. Also a social media influencer with over 40k followers already and helps others promote their brands. She should fit in great on this show.

Facebook – Hannah Godwin (de-activated as of 9/20)
Instagram – hannahg11 (set to private as of 9/20)
LinkedIn – Hannah Godwin
Website – www.HannahGodwin.net

___________________________________

4. Revian Chang: 24, Los Angeles, CA. Originally from Austin, Tx, but currently living in Los Angeles. A registered nurse that graduated UT-Austin in 2016 with a B.S. in Nursing.

Facebook – Revian Chang
Instagram – rev_yo_engine
LinkedIn – Revian Chang

___________________________________

5. Onyeka Ehie: 24, Dallas, TX. An IT Advisory Associate at KPMG. Graduated Kansas St. University in 2016 with a degree in Accounting.

Facebook – Onyeka Ehie
Twitter – @onyekaehie (set to private as of 9/20)
Instagram – onyekaehie (set to private as of 9/20)
LinkedIn – Onyeka Ehie

1. saraturner

September 20, 2018 at 11:40 AM

Surprise, surprise. I listened to the entire podcast. I enjoyed Mike’s take on his time on the Bachelorette. Mostly enjoyed listening to both of you talking football. I think you should do a regular fantasy football segment.

2. justa_viewer

September 20, 2018 at 5:42 PM

Well, at least Steve finally gave some sort of Jordan/Jenna update here – which he SHOULD have given on Twitter at the beginning of the week, after promising there was more to come and teasing us with “We’ve Only Just Begun”. If you want people to keep following you, you need to follow up on your promises. Even tweeting “I’ve decided not to pursue it after all” would have been something. But instead RS teased readers on Twitter and then went radio silent on the matter. Not cool.

Also: “There’s nothing new to report”? Really, you were ready to spill a boatload of tea about Jenna a few days ago. Obviously something happened. It could be you got some legal advise in the matter, but I’m betting Jordan appealed to you not to kick a person (Jenna) when they’re already down, and maybe you had a spot of sympathy for Jordan and agreed. Whatever it is, at least own it.

As for this group of contestants? Some random comments based on nothing but photos and descriptions:

Steve’s cover contestant on this blog post might be the one to go the distance with Colton. Oh, wait, never mind, that’s Mike, the podcast interviewee.

Nina – certainly has the requisite bare-almost-everything wardrobe already. But 4 years older than Colton? I’m thinking she’s a no-go.

Revian Chang: Now there’s a wholesome, all-natural, totally not-seeking-fame contestant if ever I saw one.

Katie Morton: She’s cute. Oh, look at that screenshot the one that talks about Katie: ONE word to describe you: “Ambitious”. Well, I think she hit the jackpot with this show. I predict BIP in her future. Or a serious relationship with a major athlete or other celebrity. Whichever comes first.

Erika McNutt: Two pouty-face pics? What is she, 12? Major points deducted. Although, based on those poses, I could speculate that she’s as immature as Colton appears to be, and therefore they will get on well.

Alex Blumberg: I applaud that she’s an entrepreneur and into helping animals. That’s awesome. But TBH, the plastic surgery (overly narrow nose) and colossal lips scare me, especially since she’s allegedly only in her 20s. Maybe there’s more to that story, like a serious car accident requiring PS or something? Either way, it’s concerning. It almost makes me want to watch part of the first episode, just to compare the photo with the actual person…

Hannah Brown: Age appropriate for young Colton, and they will bond over anxiety/depression/feelings of isolation issues.

3. adelina

September 20, 2018 at 6:39 PM

@justa_viewer…..snarky, and I like it.

These girls all look pretty cookie cutter to me. Take 10+ pics, find the best, post and include “clever” comment. Friends reply/like, “oh my god girl, fire!!!”

ZZZZzzzzzzzz……….

4. screenname

September 20, 2018 at 11:51 PM

token black girls- check. token asians- that’s new.
    erika looks like the villain.
    annie looks like she could be the annoying girl of the season (those eyebrows tho — eek)
    nina looks like she photographs well but will look different on camera- also potential villain of the season

5. bacheloretta

September 21, 2018 at 8:56 AM

Is it a coincidence that Desiree and Danielle M. are already liking Hannah Godwin’s Instagram photos?

6. tinyred500

September 21, 2018 at 10:18 AM

I’m nosy! Please can you elaborate? I know both women were on Sean’s season, but what’s the connection etc., to Hannah?

7. tinyred500

September 21, 2018 at 10:20 AM

Hannah and her clothing connections etc? 🙂

8. grammar

September 21, 2018 at 5:17 PM

I can’t stand it any more.
    From http://www.writersdigest.com:

You can’t “graduate college” anymore than you can “go college” or “arrive college.” In this instance, the verb “to graduate” is acting as an intransitive verb, and intransitive verbs cannot take on an object.

9. kmo2

September 22, 2018 at 2:27 AM

I truly feel bad for Jenna. Shes one my favorite contestants to come out of the franchise. And ive been too obsessed with all things bachelor for awhile.

If it is true… The only negative thing ive seen that Jenna has done/said is those texts. So its sad she had gotten SO much hate and little comfort/support from other contestants.

If it isnt true… she will have a hard time proving it. Like how do you prove something that was fabricated? When she isnt clapping back to the haters, its hard to see things from her end.

Looking forward to this season and all the drama it brings!

10. jlal

September 22, 2018 at 1:37 PM

RS’s pronoun use is atrocious too.

11. xoxo

September 22, 2018 at 2:25 PM

Hi Steve. Thanks for the deets on Bachelor women.

I have a tiny suggestion for improvement… The mobile version of your site is kind of confusing when looking for the latest, the main options seem to be for Becca’s season which is old news, and it takes a bit of digging through the menu to find Colton spoilers. There’s also still stuff from Nick & Ben seasons and stuff from 2015.

Why not archive all the old stuff and make a clean slate focused on the current season? And also would be great to have separate articles for podcast and Bachelor etc so it’s not one long article mixing a bunch of stuff, so we can find stuff that interests us without weeding through long articles. Just a thought. 🙂 Thanks!

12. xoxo

September 22, 2018 at 2:46 PM

I don’t think there are any token black / Asian girls this season – these women are gorgeous and remember Colton dated Aly Reisman whom some of the brunettes actually resemble. I think they got the right mix so far.

The issue with this season will be if Colton is ready and mature enough for marriage, etc. since he’s kinda young. Bachelor is not a show to find your next girlfriend, but a lifelong partner.

Based on how he approached Aly, and Bachelorette, and BIP, I think he is doing Bachelor 30% for publicity, 60% for fun and 10% for love.

13. jlal

September 22, 2018 at 4:45 PM

I would say Colton is in it 80% fame, 15% money, 5% love if that.

14. notimpressed

September 22, 2018 at 9:32 PM

Its about to get coconuts!!!!!

15. tinyred500

September 22, 2018 at 11:42 PM

Colton is all about fame and little else. Yes, you could say this about a few others too, he comes off as one of the worst though.

16. Del Scorcho

September 24, 2018 at 9:48 AM

I admit to zoning out during this podcast until I heard Josh Allen’s name. No control?? DID YOU SEE YESTERDAY?!

17. ladyjane747

September 24, 2018 at 8:47 PM

Wow, Man-bun Mike! He’s intelligent, articulate, has a cool job and he’s good looking. Not a fan of the longish hair and think he’d be hotter with a short style, but he’s totally a catch. Wonder why the powers that be ignored him after the show – probably too normal.

18. ctrealitygirl

September 26, 2018 at 8:03 AM

What irks me most about them picking Colton is how pourly he expresses himself…the man can hardly put two coherent sentences together! And he comes off so damn immature. I guess you can say that he’s good looking but his looks just do not appeal to me, and that might be that his personality (or lack of personality) makes him less attractive. I know I will probably watch, but if the 1st show is boring I may just stop watching. This is the least excited I’ve been for a new season…even worse than Arie or Nick. Ugh.