The Bachelor 23 - Colton

The “Bachelor” Colton – (EXCLUSIVE) Spoiler Detail on Next Week’s Episode, “Women Tell All” Spoilers, & Episode 16 of the “He Said, She Said” Podcast with Ashley Spivey

Photo Credit: ABC

So after a day date walking around town, Cassie meets him for the night portion of their date, and she tells him her dad came to visit her and they just spoke. The REST of the episode centers around Colton and Cassie. So looks like Tayshia will get the first 30-40 minutes of the episode with her overnight, then it’s all Cassie/Colton from there on. There might be one or two ITM’s of Hannah G. talking about how excited she is for her upcoming overnight date, but next week’s episode never gets to that point of Colton and Hannah G’s overnight date. This kinda is gonna play out like Arie & Becca’s breakup as a lot of the footage is this back and forth between Colton and Cassie and the cameras just kept rolling.

Cassie wishes she had more time and after her conversation with her dad she says in an ITM she has to send herself home tonight and that she hopes she can do it. When she meets up with Colton, he tells her that her dad did not give him his blessing during the hometown date, and this seemed to bother her because she asked him something along the lines of, “And that doesn’t bother you?’ Cassie starts to wonder if he’s the right person for her if her family isn’t sold.

There’s A LOT that these two talk about and I don’t have every detail of everything they said. A lot of this is paraphrased based on what I was told, but it’s pretty intense apparently. Some of the things they talk about are basically that Cassie loves him but she’s notin love with him. Yet. And it’s not because she doesn’t care, but because she’s just not 100% sure at that moment. Cassie talks to a producer at some point and starts to second guess leaving because she didn’t know it was gonna be this hard. There’s a lot of hugging and crying between the two, and I was told it’s basically just Colton pleading for her to stay the whole time and Cassie not knowing what to do. He says he’ll be patient with her and she tells him she doesn’t know if she can get there. Colton tells her he doesn’t want her to make a decision now, and that it’s not easy going on other dates when all he can think about is her. She says she’d hate to see him leave there, not getting what he came for, which was an engagement and he replies that if it’s not with the person he feels strongest about, it’s not worth it. She tells him she wants him to have what he wants (an engagement). She says she loves him but she’s not in love with him, and she’s having her doubts and doesn’t know why she’s so confused.

Colton specifically does tell her “I want it to be you at the end of this, engaged or not.” Cassie mentions that there’s still two other girls here, and he says “I f***ing love you.” That’s when Cassie says “I can’t do this.” And that’s how it ended at that time between them. Colton walks her out while kissing and hugging her. Cassie ultimately leaves at that point, gets in the car and is driven off. Colton goes back up to his room, closes the door behind him, cameras are still rolling (he’ll tell us later on the WTA that he went to his room to get his wallet), comes back out of the room, takes his mic off, pushes the cameras out of the way, and says he’s done. THIS is where the fence jump happens, we see the shot of Chris Harrison say “Holy f**k, he’s gone…” and that’s where next week’s episode ends with a “To Be Continued…” I knew next week would end with the fence jump. It’s the ultimate tease heading into the finale the following week because for the unspoiled (which is a majority of their audience), that leaves a myriad of options of what happens in the finale: Did he quit the show? Did he eventually calm down and just choose between Tayshia and Hannah G? What happens with Cassie? Is he or isn’t he engaged? Good job, producers. Well done.

So again, no details on the finale episode on the 11th, other than the basics which was reported months ago. He jumped the fence because Cassie left, he will then gather himself the next day and speak with both Hannah G. and Tayshia separately and dump them, and ultimately he’s with Cassie, but they are not engaged. So yeah, plenty of time to cover that in the 2 hour finale on Monday the 11th. You’ve got him having to dump both women, talks with Chris Harrison about what to do (probably the scene of Chris on the couch saying “this changes everything”), and then the filming of Colton “chasing” Cassie down and them ultimately ending up together, but not engaged. But just know next Monday’s episode after Tayshia’s overnight date is all about Cassie & Colton. We get the day portion of their date, we get her dad showing up and talking with her again reiterating what he said last night about is she sure she’s ready for this, she’s 23, she has her whole life ahead of her, etc. He also says that when you meet your soulmate, you should know, and Cassie seems unsure.

I can already see Matt F***in Randolph taking some heat on social media for saying basically you should know right away when you meet your soulmate and Cassie seems hesitant. Because I guarantee there will be women that voice on social media that they didn’t like their husband when they first met them, and sometimes it takes longer than that, and now they’re married 20 years or whatever. It’s coming for sure. But ultimately, what Matt F***in Randolph says and does in last night’s episode and next week’s episode seems to me to be the most logical, sane thing every parent in 37 previous seasons SHOULD have told their child. I can’t think of one thing that he says in these two episodes that I can disagree with. He’s saying what a lot of us sitting at home say every season. Most of us that make fun of this show all make fun of the fact you’re getting engaged to someone you barely know at the end of this thing, and why? Because the show highly encourages you to? Is that a logical reason to get engaged? Of course not. But that’s all he seems to be saying, and that’s to actually think this through before making the decision. Seems logical to me and I’m glad that after covering 35 of the 37 seasons and saying that exact thing, some parent had the balls to say it. And that parent is Matt F***in Randolph, everyone. Bow down to that man. He is your leader.

I’m sure there will be plenty more to cover next week once the episode plays out and you see it for yourself, but lets get to your WTA spoilers on Page 4…

1. justa_viewer

February 26, 2019 at 8:58 AM

Well,Matt had to do whatever it took to save his daughter from throwing away her virginity, right? Oh, the irony.

2. tinyred500

February 26, 2019 at 10:03 AM

I decided to go spoiler, because this series has been so horribly bland. I actually love the ending and wished we had more of these type of endings. I also like the fact there isn’t the usual 3 overnight dates (yes, even those who say they’re just talking, it still isn’t a good look IMO, especially if the Bachelor wants to propose only days later, just eww). Far more realistic and with unpredictability added, makes it’s far more interesting.

Hail ye Mr Randolph for saying not only the truth (of how this series works), but stating the unrealistic expectations of it. I totally agree with RS stands on this. I know we’ve had other parents and siblings who have aired concerns, but none have actually stated as much as Mr Randolph, then again they may have said it…it just never made air. Mr Randolph will be remembered for saying how it is, and having it aired. The only thing I would question with the non proposal, is whether this too is part of Colton’s narrative as well as Cassie’s? Is he ready to be engaged, going on his personality and with what I’ve seen, I’d say no.

3. lmarie

February 26, 2019 at 10:29 AM

I agree with above statement, definitely too short a time to be engaged, give them time to really know each other.might just end up engaged in future. Props to Mr R and Cassie. I do think Colton and Cassie make a cute couple and wish them the best in their future

4. iampunka

February 26, 2019 at 11:03 AM

Said it before, say it again. If they want this to seem more “real”, and I’m not sure they do, they change the ending up. Swap it to 3 go to the leads family for hometowns, then once down to 2, go visit the girls family, then fly out to the fantasy suite location and do overnights with the same 2, then final rose. Imagine all that buildup and stress on those final 2 girls. With more time comes more pressure.

Having the lead ask 4 dads for permission is absurd and so cringeworthy. But 2? Still absurd, but far less so.

This ending will be the best since Brad Womack, made less so since Colton does end up dating Cassie. But if they;re done by AFTER? Epic.

5. tinyred500

February 26, 2019 at 12:18 PM

I definitely think the final weeks should include no more than 2 girls. I think they should start episode 7 with the final 2. That way the lead and the viewer gets to know the final 2 far better, and they just might get more couples that end up staying together. However, this is a show about drama and ratings, and I’m not sure if the producers would ever make it easier for a higher couple success rate a priority.

6. stratosphere

February 26, 2019 at 12:44 PM

Caelynn says in the car that Colton said he wasn’t feeling the same. We didn’t see that part, so we know their conversation was edited. It was more than a one sentence conversation on his part. I’ve seen it pegged as such in other places today, but I’m surprised to see that coming from you. You know how this works.

February 26, 2019 at 1:11 PM

The episode last night was just one more absurd episode. Definitely it’s a bit off-putting that not only did Colton tell each Dad that he was “falling in love with their daughter”, but he appeared to do so while looking them right in the eye. I took that to mean that Colton is a pathological liar. Either that, or he’s one confused person. No, I don’t buy it that you were falling in love with all 4 girls. You certainly weren’t feeling it with Caelynn, that’s for sure.

I agree with @stratosphere in that we don’t know that Colton didn’t say anything since it could have been edited out. Probably was. But I also thought it was more honest to be silent than to throw out some of the excuses others have used. There isn’t anything you can say. But, in reality, what breakup really goes down like that with no explanation? None that I’m aware of.

I don’t really see where the show is going to be able to fill 6 more hours of programming, plus the WTA with what they have left. This is really going to be drawn out and painful. Not the Cassie/Colton stuff. I’m beyond caring. It’s going to be painful for the viewers. Its’ going to go on and on and on. And btw: props to Cassie for checking herself and leaving. If her Dad can sway here that easily, then you’re really not into the guy. But boo for Cassie coming back. I assume there were cash and prizes involved in that decision. Oh well, a girl’s gotta eat I guess.

8. adelina

February 26, 2019 at 1:22 PM

I don’t think Mr Randolph is so much a hero I just think he expressed doubts that every parent would express and producers decided to play it up and run with it as part of the narrative. Mr Randolph is then flown out to Portugal as a puppet to add some further spice on this producer inspired “stance.”

You don’t think the other parents reluctantly gave permission? Of course they let Mr Randolph run with his stance – they knew Cassie wasn’t on board.

This is producer manipulated down to the bone.

9. iampunka

February 26, 2019 at 1:42 PM

The entire franchise is manipulated to the bone. Every rose ceremony until maybe the final 4 is. Then maybe the lead has total control. But not until then at hometowns. It’s all contrived TV drama, like the Kardashians. Little is real about it. Especially the contestants. So fake.

Hilarious that Tayshia was on a vacay with her SO weeks before, and is calling others out for fakeness. Cassie was on another show herself barely before. Hannah G is thirsty for Insta fame. Just hit her agent up everyone. And Caelynn is a pageant girl–enuf said.

The cluster is what makes the viewing hilarious, awesome and cringey all at the same time.

10. tinyred500

February 26, 2019 at 2:08 PM

I honestly don’t think the lead ever has total control, even with the last 2 females/males, there’s a narrative to be played out which the producers/editors want.

11. wiggy5

February 26, 2019 at 6:03 PM

As always you’re awesome Steve! I wouldn’t even watch the stupid show if it wasn’t for you! Totally agree with you on Cassie’s dad and his standpoint. I’m probably one of the few older people watching this crazy show-there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that as a parent I would’ve said the same thing to my daughter!

12. mistressmk

February 27, 2019 at 6:42 AM

Perhaps it is just me, but I sure am disappointed in the outcome of this season. Cassie is the one of the final 4 that I felt Colton had the least chemistry with. I have been thinking for a while (before reading the spoilers) that he might choose Tayshia all the while thinking he had the most chemistry with Hannah G. from the start.

No matter who he chose, I seriously doubt the relationship will last long. He has shown himself to be pretty fickle and hop from woman to woman on what seems to be a desire for media attention more than a genuine interest in the women. The virginity angle has been greatly overplayed as well. Personally I don’t believe for a second that he is actually a virgin. A good looking former NFL player with women falling all over him – uh huh, sure, totally hasn’t had sex with any of them.

We can put Colton in his proper place in a long line of Bachelor contestants picking the wrong woman. They always do.

13. jp22

February 27, 2019 at 6:51 AM

Have you seen Callie and her sister’s instagram? There is no way Daddy Randolph isn’t working with producers on this. He and his girls want those girls to be stars. Some dad can’t just jump on a plane and show up at filming without production’s aiding and abetting. The whole time it has seemed they have been moving in the direction of Colton remaining a virgin after all of this. And no doubt in my mind that both Caelynn, the bad actress, and Cassie only wanted to be Bachelorette.

14. jlal

February 27, 2019 at 4:49 PM

This season should be named the Colton showering show. Guess they went for the base, since there has been nothing else interesting. I do agree Colton telling every parent he was falling in love with their daughter wss cringe worthy. He is just playing the game. Happy to hear he may have said something to Tanisha, because that was painful to watch. Will be surprised if he and Cassie are still dating a week after the end. I think Hannah will be the next bachelorette. She had no drama and has the Barbie doll look they, and a lot of men like.

15. jlal

February 27, 2019 at 4:52 PM

I meant said something to Caelynn.

16. notimpressed

February 27, 2019 at 8:36 PM

Hannah B would be a horrible choice for bachelorette.

That’s all

17. notimpressed

February 28, 2019 at 8:29 AM

Also, Colton is not a good decision maker as far as I can tell.

He kept saying he is scared of being rejected, but keeps going for the girl (Cassie) who clearly isnt ready and is primed to reject him. He did this to himself. The other girls IMO were pretty great candidates. We have all liked someone but the timing wasnt right, and that is what this is…she never expected to go so far and has never told him she loves him.

Its his fault for being so overly emotionally invested in her when its pretty obvious she is the one who wants to “keep her options open” and doesnt want to commit to being with him.

18. jlal

February 28, 2019 at 4:51 PM

I agree, about Hannah not be good. But, they don’t seem to care about that. They picked Colton who is boring as hell.

19. ganny2jax

March 2, 2019 at 3:57 PM

First, I’m so happy he did not pick Tayshia! I think she is so fake. That tattletale business is just gross, especially when you’re relaying it third or fourth-hand just to make yourself look better. And Kirpa and precious Miss Hannah G even chime in. That should be the one red flag to send those **b*****s** home. And definitely no Bachelorette pick for Tayshia or Hannah G. Watching Hannah G feels just like scratching a chalkboard with my fingernails. And Tayshia, basically the same. And no Kirpa, Nicole, Sidney, ugggg. I have a lot of respect for Colton and I hope he finds his happy ending with Cassie. I’m kinda sick of people talking bad about him being a virgin, when in reality that’s how it’s SUPPOSED to be! No pun intended there…

20. ganny2jax

March 2, 2019 at 4:01 PM

Maybe so, but she joined in on the Cassie/Caelynn drama too. I don’t care how pretty or cute someone is, that is an example of being ugly on the inside. And that makes the outside not look so good. But that’s just my opinion…