The Bachelor 23 - Colton

The “Bachelor” Colton – (EXCLUSIVE) Spoiler Detail on Next Week’s Episode, “Women Tell All” Spoilers, & Episode 16 of the “He Said, She Said” Podcast with Ashley Spivey

Photo Credit: ABC

Here are your spoilers for what went down at the WTA taping this past Friday. The episode will air next Tuesday, March 5th.

-The women who were there were: Tahzjuan (first night elimination), Bri, Alex B., Jane (first night elimination), Alex D (Sloth – first night elimination), Nina, Angelique, Tracy, Caitlin, Katie, Catherine, Nicole, Sydney, Heather, Onyeka, Hannah B., Kirpa, Demi, and Caelynn. Obviously, Tayshia, Hannah G., and Cassie were not there.

-Elyse was not there because she had a prior family commitment in Mexico where she was attending a wedding.

-The 4 women who got called up to the hot seat were: Demi, Nicole, Hannah B., and Caelynn.

Demi – When she was on the hot seat, they spent a lot of time talking about her mom. She wasn’t really attacked by any of the women.

Hannah B – She talked about finding someone to love her equally and they had her re-do her toast that she royally screwed up in episode 2 on her birthday 1-on-1 date.

Caelynn – She spent most of her time on the hot seat crying. She was so sure it was going to be her and Colton together, she was so in love with him, and she was very surprised when he sent her home. Also talked about how she opened up about her sexual assault earlier in the season. She’s still questioning what went wrong with Colton, because as we saw last night, Colton didn’t really have an answer. Well, I mean, we know what the answer is now and that’s that he had a giant stiffy for Cassie, but he couldn’t tell Caelynn that while sending her packing.

Nicole – They showed a montage of her crying and Chris asked her why she cries so much. It’s that she’s Latina, she shows her emotions, she was100% being myself, etc. They talked about her brother AJ who has autism as well. Then Halo Top ice cream I guess felt sorry for her so they gave her a lifetime of ice cream.

-Chris Harrison asked Onyeka about fights in house. Onyeka asked Nicole to give her one example when she bullied her like Nicole claimed. Nicole never gave anything specific. Someone chimed in that Nicole said during Elyse’s 1-on-1 date that she shouldn’t be coming back with a rose for superficial reasons, because she’s not pretty enough and she’s older. Nicole told one of the women at the pool during the day that day that Colton should not pick an All-American girl blonde girl, he should pick somebody like her. Nicole denied this, but then Tracy backed up that statement that Nicole did say that. Nicole apparently took a lot of heat at the WTA and had a hard time defending herself.

-Courtney and Demi continued their feud from the season where Demi called Courtney the cancer of the house, and Demi said she should’ve been more aggressive in her approach towards Colton. Things got heated between these two and at one point, Courtney got up out of her chair, walked straight up to Demi, and shoved a pacifier in her face, to which Demi grabbed and threw it back at her. So you can see what level of maturity we’re dealing with here, as obviously Courtney had that planted on her before she even came on stage and knew exactly what she was going to do because, well, I don’t know many women that just happen to carry around a pacifier on them during the day.

-If you thought the Katie and Caelynn stuff was high schoolish last week, uhhhh, it doesn’t get much better at the WTA. Bear with me here because it’s kinda confusing and, well, basically someone is lying and it’s gonna be a matter of who you choose to believe. Personally, Caelynn has way more to lose in this situation than Katie does because Katie isn’t up for Bachelorette, nor is she really a major figure this season. But that’s just me.

Katie said during a bus ride in Singapore, she heard Cassie & Caelynn talking to each other. What they were saying was, if it was them two at the end, whoever won, they’d want the other one to be Bachelorette. Which is perfectly understandable for two best friends in the house to talk like that. Why wouldn’t they? They’re rooting the other one on. They aren’t the first to do it and won’t be the last. The issue is the way the show presented it, up until this point of Katie saying what she heard and Tayshia & Kirpa relaying it second and third hand to Colton, they made it seem like it was waaaaaay worse than that. C’mon, when you heard Tayshia tell Colton, “Caelynn and Cassie were talking about being the Bachelorette,” I don’t think that convo that Katie heard is what came to your mind. Certainly wasn’t for me. I was thinking more along the lines of one of them said, “I don’t even want to win, I wanna be the Bachelorette.” That’s light years different than two friends rooting for one of them to win and the other to get Bachelorette.

Katie then said she was making a judgment about Caelynn not just off the conversation she heard on the bus, but other things, so Katie drew a conclusion that Caelynn and Cassie didn’t value the same things as Colton. She never specified what values those were, but she says she heard Caelynn talking about wanting to travel, the cool things she wanted to do post show, also sliding into Dean’s DM’s.
Katie said the only other person on the bus next to her was a producer, but she had her headphones in and didn’t hear.

Katie then says after filming was over, she had a conversation on the phone with Caelynn about what she heard on the bus. Katie says that in this conversation, Caelynn admitted to saying those things, but then at the WTA, Caelynn says she never admitted to that and denied it happened and says she thought Katie was talking about Tayshia. Hannah B. chimed in at this point and said no, she was talking about Caelynn, and that Katie told her about that conversation after it happened, which backed up what Katie was saying. But Caelynn stayed firm and said Katie was the one who admitted in that phone conversation she said it was about Tayshia. Has your head exploded yet? Good Lord. Someone is flat out lying. It’s one thing to overhear something on a bus that definitely got completely blown out of proportion. It’s another thing to have a phone conversation post show where nothing can be misconstrued, and now both women are calling the other a liar. Like I said, Caelynn has way more to lose by admitting any of this is true, and I just don’t see what would prompt Katie of all people to make everything up, and then get Hannah B. to come to her defense to back her story. This is so ridiculous and high schoolish. I know some will believe Katie and some will believe Caelynn, but at this point, I’m just glad it’s over.

-Chris Harrison brought up the Caelynn/Hannah B drama from this season without getting into specifics. Basically the two of them said they’re very different people and will agree to disagree about things, but that they can be amicable together and be in the same room. That was pretty much all the time they spent on the Hannah B/Caelynn feud.

-When Colton came out on stage, Caelynn asked him what went wrong, and Colton says he can’t tell her one thing that she did wrong, and that he was just following his gut and instinct. They talk about the fence jump and this is where he mentions while he was up there that he went to get his wallet once Cassie left because he was done with the show. Also while he was up there, they asked Heather about the first kiss and she thanked Colton and said it was everything she hoped for. Sydney asked him when he was up there if he understood what “whacking my weeds” was now as well.

Those are the basics of what happened at the WTA. A nice little tiff between Courtney & Demi, the Katie/Caelynn fiasco that seemingly continues to go nowhere because no one will admit to what they did or didn’t do, and Nicole taking a bit of beating and coming across meaner and conniving than the her edit showed. But that’s the gist of the WTA taping airing next Tuesday, March 5th.

1. justa_viewer

February 26, 2019 at 8:58 AM

Well,Matt had to do whatever it took to save his daughter from throwing away her virginity, right? Oh, the irony.

2. tinyred500

February 26, 2019 at 10:03 AM

I decided to go spoiler, because this series has been so horribly bland. I actually love the ending and wished we had more of these type of endings. I also like the fact there isn’t the usual 3 overnight dates (yes, even those who say they’re just talking, it still isn’t a good look IMO, especially if the Bachelor wants to propose only days later, just eww). Far more realistic and with unpredictability added, makes it’s far more interesting.

Hail ye Mr Randolph for saying not only the truth (of how this series works), but stating the unrealistic expectations of it. I totally agree with RS stands on this. I know we’ve had other parents and siblings who have aired concerns, but none have actually stated as much as Mr Randolph, then again they may have said it…it just never made air. Mr Randolph will be remembered for saying how it is, and having it aired. The only thing I would question with the non proposal, is whether this too is part of Colton’s narrative as well as Cassie’s? Is he ready to be engaged, going on his personality and with what I’ve seen, I’d say no.

3. lmarie

February 26, 2019 at 10:29 AM

I agree with above statement, definitely too short a time to be engaged, give them time to really know each other.might just end up engaged in future. Props to Mr R and Cassie. I do think Colton and Cassie make a cute couple and wish them the best in their future

4. iampunka

February 26, 2019 at 11:03 AM

Said it before, say it again. If they want this to seem more “real”, and I’m not sure they do, they change the ending up. Swap it to 3 go to the leads family for hometowns, then once down to 2, go visit the girls family, then fly out to the fantasy suite location and do overnights with the same 2, then final rose. Imagine all that buildup and stress on those final 2 girls. With more time comes more pressure.

Having the lead ask 4 dads for permission is absurd and so cringeworthy. But 2? Still absurd, but far less so.

This ending will be the best since Brad Womack, made less so since Colton does end up dating Cassie. But if they;re done by AFTER? Epic.

5. tinyred500

February 26, 2019 at 12:18 PM

I definitely think the final weeks should include no more than 2 girls. I think they should start episode 7 with the final 2. That way the lead and the viewer gets to know the final 2 far better, and they just might get more couples that end up staying together. However, this is a show about drama and ratings, and I’m not sure if the producers would ever make it easier for a higher couple success rate a priority.

6. stratosphere

February 26, 2019 at 12:44 PM

Caelynn says in the car that Colton said he wasn’t feeling the same. We didn’t see that part, so we know their conversation was edited. It was more than a one sentence conversation on his part. I’ve seen it pegged as such in other places today, but I’m surprised to see that coming from you. You know how this works.

February 26, 2019 at 1:11 PM

The episode last night was just one more absurd episode. Definitely it’s a bit off-putting that not only did Colton tell each Dad that he was “falling in love with their daughter”, but he appeared to do so while looking them right in the eye. I took that to mean that Colton is a pathological liar. Either that, or he’s one confused person. No, I don’t buy it that you were falling in love with all 4 girls. You certainly weren’t feeling it with Caelynn, that’s for sure.

I agree with @stratosphere in that we don’t know that Colton didn’t say anything since it could have been edited out. Probably was. But I also thought it was more honest to be silent than to throw out some of the excuses others have used. There isn’t anything you can say. But, in reality, what breakup really goes down like that with no explanation? None that I’m aware of.

I don’t really see where the show is going to be able to fill 6 more hours of programming, plus the WTA with what they have left. This is really going to be drawn out and painful. Not the Cassie/Colton stuff. I’m beyond caring. It’s going to be painful for the viewers. Its’ going to go on and on and on. And btw: props to Cassie for checking herself and leaving. If her Dad can sway here that easily, then you’re really not into the guy. But boo for Cassie coming back. I assume there were cash and prizes involved in that decision. Oh well, a girl’s gotta eat I guess.

8. adelina

February 26, 2019 at 1:22 PM

I don’t think Mr Randolph is so much a hero I just think he expressed doubts that every parent would express and producers decided to play it up and run with it as part of the narrative. Mr Randolph is then flown out to Portugal as a puppet to add some further spice on this producer inspired “stance.”

You don’t think the other parents reluctantly gave permission? Of course they let Mr Randolph run with his stance – they knew Cassie wasn’t on board.

This is producer manipulated down to the bone.

9. iampunka

February 26, 2019 at 1:42 PM

The entire franchise is manipulated to the bone. Every rose ceremony until maybe the final 4 is. Then maybe the lead has total control. But not until then at hometowns. It’s all contrived TV drama, like the Kardashians. Little is real about it. Especially the contestants. So fake.

Hilarious that Tayshia was on a vacay with her SO weeks before, and is calling others out for fakeness. Cassie was on another show herself barely before. Hannah G is thirsty for Insta fame. Just hit her agent up everyone. And Caelynn is a pageant girl–enuf said.

The cluster is what makes the viewing hilarious, awesome and cringey all at the same time.

10. tinyred500

February 26, 2019 at 2:08 PM

I honestly don’t think the lead ever has total control, even with the last 2 females/males, there’s a narrative to be played out which the producers/editors want.

11. wiggy5

February 26, 2019 at 6:03 PM

As always you’re awesome Steve! I wouldn’t even watch the stupid show if it wasn’t for you! Totally agree with you on Cassie’s dad and his standpoint. I’m probably one of the few older people watching this crazy show-there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that as a parent I would’ve said the same thing to my daughter!

12. mistressmk

February 27, 2019 at 6:42 AM

Perhaps it is just me, but I sure am disappointed in the outcome of this season. Cassie is the one of the final 4 that I felt Colton had the least chemistry with. I have been thinking for a while (before reading the spoilers) that he might choose Tayshia all the while thinking he had the most chemistry with Hannah G. from the start.

No matter who he chose, I seriously doubt the relationship will last long. He has shown himself to be pretty fickle and hop from woman to woman on what seems to be a desire for media attention more than a genuine interest in the women. The virginity angle has been greatly overplayed as well. Personally I don’t believe for a second that he is actually a virgin. A good looking former NFL player with women falling all over him – uh huh, sure, totally hasn’t had sex with any of them.

We can put Colton in his proper place in a long line of Bachelor contestants picking the wrong woman. They always do.

13. jp22

February 27, 2019 at 6:51 AM

Have you seen Callie and her sister’s instagram? There is no way Daddy Randolph isn’t working with producers on this. He and his girls want those girls to be stars. Some dad can’t just jump on a plane and show up at filming without production’s aiding and abetting. The whole time it has seemed they have been moving in the direction of Colton remaining a virgin after all of this. And no doubt in my mind that both Caelynn, the bad actress, and Cassie only wanted to be Bachelorette.

14. jlal

February 27, 2019 at 4:49 PM

This season should be named the Colton showering show. Guess they went for the base, since there has been nothing else interesting. I do agree Colton telling every parent he was falling in love with their daughter wss cringe worthy. He is just playing the game. Happy to hear he may have said something to Tanisha, because that was painful to watch. Will be surprised if he and Cassie are still dating a week after the end. I think Hannah will be the next bachelorette. She had no drama and has the Barbie doll look they, and a lot of men like.

15. jlal

February 27, 2019 at 4:52 PM

I meant said something to Caelynn.

16. notimpressed

February 27, 2019 at 8:36 PM

Hannah B would be a horrible choice for bachelorette.

That’s all

17. notimpressed

February 28, 2019 at 8:29 AM

Also, Colton is not a good decision maker as far as I can tell.

He kept saying he is scared of being rejected, but keeps going for the girl (Cassie) who clearly isnt ready and is primed to reject him. He did this to himself. The other girls IMO were pretty great candidates. We have all liked someone but the timing wasnt right, and that is what this is…she never expected to go so far and has never told him she loves him.

Its his fault for being so overly emotionally invested in her when its pretty obvious she is the one who wants to “keep her options open” and doesnt want to commit to being with him.

18. jlal

February 28, 2019 at 4:51 PM

I agree, about Hannah not be good. But, they don’t seem to care about that. They picked Colton who is boring as hell.

19. ganny2jax

March 2, 2019 at 3:57 PM

First, I’m so happy he did not pick Tayshia! I think she is so fake. That tattletale business is just gross, especially when you’re relaying it third or fourth-hand just to make yourself look better. And Kirpa and precious Miss Hannah G even chime in. That should be the one red flag to send those **b*****s** home. And definitely no Bachelorette pick for Tayshia or Hannah G. Watching Hannah G feels just like scratching a chalkboard with my fingernails. And Tayshia, basically the same. And no Kirpa, Nicole, Sidney, ugggg. I have a lot of respect for Colton and I hope he finds his happy ending with Cassie. I’m kinda sick of people talking bad about him being a virgin, when in reality that’s how it’s SUPPOSED to be! No pun intended there…

20. ganny2jax

March 2, 2019 at 4:01 PM

Maybe so, but she joined in on the Cassie/Caelynn drama too. I don’t care how pretty or cute someone is, that is an example of being ugly on the inside. And that makes the outside not look so good. But that’s just my opinion…