The Bachelor 23 - Colton

The “Bachelor” Colton – (EXCLUSIVE) Spoiler Detail on Next Week’s Episode, “Women Tell All” Spoilers, & Episode 16 of the “He Said, She Said” Podcast with Ashley Spivey

Photo Credit: ABC

-There really isn’t a ton to cover on the hometown dates anymore, because lets face it, the only one that mattered was Cassie’s. You’ve now read what happens next week in more detail. Do we really need to sit here and dissect how Colton fit in with Caelynn, Tayshia, or Hannah’s family? I don’t see the point. It doesn’t matter. But Cassie’s hometown is made all that more important since I can’t remember any past parent NOT giving their blessing/permission during the hometown date. Can you? There’s always been skeptical ones. Hell, even Tayshia’s was skeptical, but I knew after the commercial break he was gonna eventually give him his permission. But did we ever have a parent flat out not give his permission? And then after we see next week Daddy MF’in Randolph show up in Portugal to essentially enforce it even more to his daughter, yeah, we’ve never really seen anything like this.

-And as mentioned earlier, I don’t think anything Baller Randolph is saying is anything that any sane, logical parent wouldn’t say to their child in that situation. He’s basically flipping the show on its head. He’s calling it out for its ridiculousness of having to get engaged to someone at the end that you barely know. You wonder if this will be brought up in future seasons and we’ll get more parents at the hometowns questioning engagement at the end of all this? It’s possible. Or maybe this’ll be just a one off thing and we’ll get back to parents blindly just giving away their daughters to a man they met for a few hours who also happens to be dating three other women at the time and is telling others he’s falling in love with them.

-Speaking of that, Colton going around to families in Virginia, Alabama, and Orange County and throwing out “I’m falling in love with your daughters” like he’s Oprah or something was just bizarre. I get that you can have feelings for multiple women in that situation. But we deal with this every season. The things the lead says to more than one person, I think they should just start choosing their words more carefully. Tayshia, Hannah, and Caelynn all told him they were falling in love with him. Fine. But after seeing what happens next week, you can’t tell me his feelings for Cassie suddenly became that strong after hometowns to where he couldn’t have at least held back with some of the others. He’s all in with Cassie next week. Essentially ends the show. Tells her he wants it to be them in the end. You really think that just hit him on the plane ride to Portugal? Of course not. I think we have a guy in Colton who’s been in one relationship his whole (that lasted 6 months mind you), doesn’t date a lot, has zero idea what to do with a female, and is just spouting off compliments without being sincere and telling women what they want to hear. It’s kind of embarrassing.

-How about that exit with Caelynn last night, huh? She doesn’t get a rose, he walks her out, and literally says one sentence to her while she sobs on his arm. Look, I know breakups are hard. I’ve been there. And if you’re the one doing the breakup, nothing you say in that moment is going to make the other person say, “You know what? You’re right. Great point. I’m glad we’ve had this time together and I’m glad we can part ways now as buddies.” Never happens. No one getting broken up with is ever truly understanding your reasoning in that moment. Later on down the line when they have time to regroup, maybe they start to come around on it, but they’ll never just be accepting right then and there. So I get that there isn’t much Colton could’ve said at that point to comfort Caelynn. But say SOMETHING, no? That was painful to watch. But not nearly as painful as when it was down to Cassie and Caelynn for the final rose and Caelynn turns to her and says “This is bullsh**.” It’s getting harder and harder to see her as the “Bachelorette” that’s for sure.

So next week is a doozy. 8 hrs of programming over the next two weeks. If you skimmed past it earlier in the column, the breakdown goes like this:

Monday, March 4th: Overnight dates (with a “To Be Continued” after the fence jump)
Tuesday, March 5th: Women Tell All
Monday, March 11th: Completion of the Overnight Dates
Tuesday, March 12th: Live 2 hr “After the Final Rose”

Nothing I’ve spoiled so far has been wrong, and Colton is still with Cassie and they are not engaged. So your guess is as good as mine as to why this dolt keeps trying to float it out there that I’m wrong. Only two weeks left to find out, but put it this way, I’m not the least bit worried. Anyone thinking that maybe he ends up with Tayshia or Hannah in the end, well, I don’t know what to tell you other than unless you have access to my emails, my text messages, or listen in on my phone calls, you’d realize that there’s zero chance that’s the case. He’s dating Cassie and they aren’t engaged. That spoiler hasn’t changed since Jan. 2nd when I posted it. These next two weeks can’t come soon enough.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. justa_viewer

February 26, 2019 at 8:58 AM

Well,Matt had to do whatever it took to save his daughter from throwing away her virginity, right? Oh, the irony.

2. tinyred500

February 26, 2019 at 10:03 AM

I decided to go spoiler, because this series has been so horribly bland. I actually love the ending and wished we had more of these type of endings. I also like the fact there isn’t the usual 3 overnight dates (yes, even those who say they’re just talking, it still isn’t a good look IMO, especially if the Bachelor wants to propose only days later, just eww). Far more realistic and with unpredictability added, makes it’s far more interesting.

Hail ye Mr Randolph for saying not only the truth (of how this series works), but stating the unrealistic expectations of it. I totally agree with RS stands on this. I know we’ve had other parents and siblings who have aired concerns, but none have actually stated as much as Mr Randolph, then again they may have said it…it just never made air. Mr Randolph will be remembered for saying how it is, and having it aired. The only thing I would question with the non proposal, is whether this too is part of Colton’s narrative as well as Cassie’s? Is he ready to be engaged, going on his personality and with what I’ve seen, I’d say no.

3. lmarie

February 26, 2019 at 10:29 AM

I agree with above statement, definitely too short a time to be engaged, give them time to really know each other.might just end up engaged in future. Props to Mr R and Cassie. I do think Colton and Cassie make a cute couple and wish them the best in their future

4. iampunka

February 26, 2019 at 11:03 AM

Said it before, say it again. If they want this to seem more “real”, and I’m not sure they do, they change the ending up. Swap it to 3 go to the leads family for hometowns, then once down to 2, go visit the girls family, then fly out to the fantasy suite location and do overnights with the same 2, then final rose. Imagine all that buildup and stress on those final 2 girls. With more time comes more pressure.

Having the lead ask 4 dads for permission is absurd and so cringeworthy. But 2? Still absurd, but far less so.

This ending will be the best since Brad Womack, made less so since Colton does end up dating Cassie. But if they;re done by AFTER? Epic.

5. tinyred500

February 26, 2019 at 12:18 PM

I definitely think the final weeks should include no more than 2 girls. I think they should start episode 7 with the final 2. That way the lead and the viewer gets to know the final 2 far better, and they just might get more couples that end up staying together. However, this is a show about drama and ratings, and I’m not sure if the producers would ever make it easier for a higher couple success rate a priority.

6. stratosphere

February 26, 2019 at 12:44 PM

Caelynn says in the car that Colton said he wasn’t feeling the same. We didn’t see that part, so we know their conversation was edited. It was more than a one sentence conversation on his part. I’ve seen it pegged as such in other places today, but I’m surprised to see that coming from you. You know how this works.

February 26, 2019 at 1:11 PM

The episode last night was just one more absurd episode. Definitely it’s a bit off-putting that not only did Colton tell each Dad that he was “falling in love with their daughter”, but he appeared to do so while looking them right in the eye. I took that to mean that Colton is a pathological liar. Either that, or he’s one confused person. No, I don’t buy it that you were falling in love with all 4 girls. You certainly weren’t feeling it with Caelynn, that’s for sure.

I agree with @stratosphere in that we don’t know that Colton didn’t say anything since it could have been edited out. Probably was. But I also thought it was more honest to be silent than to throw out some of the excuses others have used. There isn’t anything you can say. But, in reality, what breakup really goes down like that with no explanation? None that I’m aware of.

I don’t really see where the show is going to be able to fill 6 more hours of programming, plus the WTA with what they have left. This is really going to be drawn out and painful. Not the Cassie/Colton stuff. I’m beyond caring. It’s going to be painful for the viewers. Its’ going to go on and on and on. And btw: props to Cassie for checking herself and leaving. If her Dad can sway here that easily, then you’re really not into the guy. But boo for Cassie coming back. I assume there were cash and prizes involved in that decision. Oh well, a girl’s gotta eat I guess.

8. adelina

February 26, 2019 at 1:22 PM

I don’t think Mr Randolph is so much a hero I just think he expressed doubts that every parent would express and producers decided to play it up and run with it as part of the narrative. Mr Randolph is then flown out to Portugal as a puppet to add some further spice on this producer inspired “stance.”

You don’t think the other parents reluctantly gave permission? Of course they let Mr Randolph run with his stance – they knew Cassie wasn’t on board.

This is producer manipulated down to the bone.

9. iampunka

February 26, 2019 at 1:42 PM

The entire franchise is manipulated to the bone. Every rose ceremony until maybe the final 4 is. Then maybe the lead has total control. But not until then at hometowns. It’s all contrived TV drama, like the Kardashians. Little is real about it. Especially the contestants. So fake.

Hilarious that Tayshia was on a vacay with her SO weeks before, and is calling others out for fakeness. Cassie was on another show herself barely before. Hannah G is thirsty for Insta fame. Just hit her agent up everyone. And Caelynn is a pageant girl–enuf said.

The cluster is what makes the viewing hilarious, awesome and cringey all at the same time.

10. tinyred500

February 26, 2019 at 2:08 PM

I honestly don’t think the lead ever has total control, even with the last 2 females/males, there’s a narrative to be played out which the producers/editors want.

11. wiggy5

February 26, 2019 at 6:03 PM

As always you’re awesome Steve! I wouldn’t even watch the stupid show if it wasn’t for you! Totally agree with you on Cassie’s dad and his standpoint. I’m probably one of the few older people watching this crazy show-there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that as a parent I would’ve said the same thing to my daughter!

12. mistressmk

February 27, 2019 at 6:42 AM

Perhaps it is just me, but I sure am disappointed in the outcome of this season. Cassie is the one of the final 4 that I felt Colton had the least chemistry with. I have been thinking for a while (before reading the spoilers) that he might choose Tayshia all the while thinking he had the most chemistry with Hannah G. from the start.

No matter who he chose, I seriously doubt the relationship will last long. He has shown himself to be pretty fickle and hop from woman to woman on what seems to be a desire for media attention more than a genuine interest in the women. The virginity angle has been greatly overplayed as well. Personally I don’t believe for a second that he is actually a virgin. A good looking former NFL player with women falling all over him – uh huh, sure, totally hasn’t had sex with any of them.

We can put Colton in his proper place in a long line of Bachelor contestants picking the wrong woman. They always do.

13. jp22

February 27, 2019 at 6:51 AM

Have you seen Callie and her sister’s instagram? There is no way Daddy Randolph isn’t working with producers on this. He and his girls want those girls to be stars. Some dad can’t just jump on a plane and show up at filming without production’s aiding and abetting. The whole time it has seemed they have been moving in the direction of Colton remaining a virgin after all of this. And no doubt in my mind that both Caelynn, the bad actress, and Cassie only wanted to be Bachelorette.

14. jlal

February 27, 2019 at 4:49 PM

This season should be named the Colton showering show. Guess they went for the base, since there has been nothing else interesting. I do agree Colton telling every parent he was falling in love with their daughter wss cringe worthy. He is just playing the game. Happy to hear he may have said something to Tanisha, because that was painful to watch. Will be surprised if he and Cassie are still dating a week after the end. I think Hannah will be the next bachelorette. She had no drama and has the Barbie doll look they, and a lot of men like.

15. jlal

February 27, 2019 at 4:52 PM

I meant said something to Caelynn.

16. notimpressed

February 27, 2019 at 8:36 PM

Hannah B would be a horrible choice for bachelorette.

That’s all

17. notimpressed

February 28, 2019 at 8:29 AM

Also, Colton is not a good decision maker as far as I can tell.

He kept saying he is scared of being rejected, but keeps going for the girl (Cassie) who clearly isnt ready and is primed to reject him. He did this to himself. The other girls IMO were pretty great candidates. We have all liked someone but the timing wasnt right, and that is what this is…she never expected to go so far and has never told him she loves him.

Its his fault for being so overly emotionally invested in her when its pretty obvious she is the one who wants to “keep her options open” and doesnt want to commit to being with him.

18. jlal

February 28, 2019 at 4:51 PM

I agree, about Hannah not be good. But, they don’t seem to care about that. They picked Colton who is boring as hell.

19. ganny2jax

March 2, 2019 at 3:57 PM

First, I’m so happy he did not pick Tayshia! I think she is so fake. That tattletale business is just gross, especially when you’re relaying it third or fourth-hand just to make yourself look better. And Kirpa and precious Miss Hannah G even chime in. That should be the one red flag to send those **b*****s** home. And definitely no Bachelorette pick for Tayshia or Hannah G. Watching Hannah G feels just like scratching a chalkboard with my fingernails. And Tayshia, basically the same. And no Kirpa, Nicole, Sidney, ugggg. I have a lot of respect for Colton and I hope he finds his happy ending with Cassie. I’m kinda sick of people talking bad about him being a virgin, when in reality that’s how it’s SUPPOSED to be! No pun intended there…

20. ganny2jax

March 2, 2019 at 4:01 PM

Maybe so, but she joined in on the Cassie/Caelynn drama too. I don’t care how pretty or cute someone is, that is an example of being ugly on the inside. And that makes the outside not look so good. But that’s just my opinion…