The Bachelor 21 - Nick

The “Bachelor” Nick Episode 6 Recap incl What the Hell Was All That Last Night?

Photo Credit: Variety

-If tonight’s episode seemed a bit off, the editing was wonky, a lot of details in the spoilers I gave weren’t shown, and things just didn’t seem right – it’s because they weren’t. However, when making a television show, remember that these people are here to create a story for you follow throughout the course of the season. That story will always have ups and downs. And this episode was the down. I explained this in the spoilers posted before the season even started that the St. Thomas episode will be the one where they’re going to make it seem like Nick’s season is crumbling before him, he doesn’t know if he’ll find love, and (unspoiled) people will think he’s gonna end up alone. That’s exactly what this episode did. So many random things happening along with them leaving at least three plot points given in the spoilers out. Man, someone must really be working overtime there to doctor up this season, because frankly it’s crap. I mean, FINALLY we got away from the Corinne show for one episode, yet they gave us THAT? A hodge podge of funky soundbites, very lazy editing, and basically no one happy at all the entire episode.

-We got started where we left off in New Orleans, and Taylor coming back to tell Nick off. Well, they cut a hell of a lot of that conversation out because they barely showed any of it. I guess which is good for Taylor because she seemed to voice what everyone else could clearly see – Corinne lied to him. But again, it did nothing to sway Nick and he probably could not care less what she said. Nick: “I still have to figure things out.” Translation: Ummmmm, Taylor I hate to tell you this, but there ain’t a chance in hell sister that this girl is going home yet. She’s got a platinum vagine, don’t you remember? We have to hear her utter that glorious line. Not to mention, producers have basically told me to keep her around, so there’s that whole contract thing of “do what they tell me to do.” And oh yeah, I want to talk a very highly rated season and have people always talking about me and this show, so I gotta do things that will be unpopular at the time, but will garner attention. Can’t you see how great I’m doing at that? I want to give myself an “A” for effort. Yes, translated that’s exactly what that meant.

-The good thing is once the Taylor/Corinne feud is over, we kinda knew this was gonna be more of a Corinne-free show with Kristina’s 1-on-1, a group date with Jasmine being eliminated, and a double elimination on the 2-on-1. So that had me so excited I tell ya’. Of course, Corinne had to get in another “bitch” before Taylor left because she’s Corinne. “Cats have nine lives, bitches have 2.” Ummmm, ok. Whatever you say and whatever that means. I think she just feels the need to use the word “bitch,” then tries to formulate sentences around that word, regardless of if they make the least bit of sense. She succeeded last night to perfection. By the way, those that listened to the podcast, I did go back and watch last week’s episode to count how many times Corinne called Taylor a bitch. It was 8. And called her a bully 7 times, which as we all know, is utterly ridiculous. Taylor may have been a lot of things, and she may not have expressed herself greatly, but a bully was one thing she wasn’t.

-Chris Harrison comes in to let the ladies know, “Hey, no cocktail party tonight. Nick has made his decision.” Translation: The ladies that have barely gotten any camera time and the audience won’t care that you’re going home tonight is the reason why the cocktail party is cancelled. Although, Alexis is purely comedic value this season that everyone seems to love, I think we all knew she wasn’t long for this show. So it’s now rose ceremony time. Rachel, Danielle M., and Corinne safe with roses. Nick: “Obviously I cancelled the cocktail party…each and every relationship…as soon as I knew, I wouldn’t waste anyone’s time…that’s why I made the decision I did…please, understand I only like like 3 of you anyway, yet we have to produce an 11 episode show. Soooooooo, yeah. Kinda how it goes sometimes.”

Kristina: If she ever rejected a rose, would she just say “Nyet!!!”
Raven: Can we get the deleted scenes from their roller skating date online or something? I wanna see them skating to Taylor Swift.
Vanessa: Did she bribe the editors this season to make everything in her favor or was it all part of the master plan?
Danielle L.: Does she even pack anything other than bikini’s for BIP? Didn’t think so.
Jasmine: What a letdown her let go was last night. Ugh. So disappointing.

“Ladies, Nick, it’s the final rose tonight. When you’re ready. Thank god we get to finally get out of the country and head to somewhere where I can sit on a beach during the day and get paid to do nothing whatsoever except hit on the locals. Or maybe even fire up a Tinder account while I’m in town like most of the production team does when we travel.”

Whitney: Whitney the Friendly Ghost doesn’t say sh** for five episodes, and now she’s getting like every ITM in the first 10 minutes. Gee, wonder why?

1. SeaDub

February 7, 2017 at 9:46 AM

This show has become horrifically stale and it’s because it is so forced and over produced. I’m barely making it through this one and am done after this…unless they make Rachel the bachelorette.

2. kimmyfromdablock

February 7, 2017 at 11:03 AM

I am also finding this season a total snoozer. None of the girls are very interesting and the Corinne thing has been played out. I’m with @SeaDub…Rachel would make an intelligent and compelling bachelorette.

I find Nick’s personality to be incredibly dull. For a 36 year old man, he seems to not have found himself aside from deciding to wear shrunken clothes and getting a six-pack. He’s right up there with the most boring Bachelors — Juan Pablo and Ben Flajnik.

Vanessa thus far bores me. I don’t see the connection. I also don’t find Raven to be very attractive (which I understand has nothing to do with nothing). Raven seems about one foot away from the “cash me ousside how bout dat” girl.

3. purplerayne

February 7, 2017 at 11:27 AM

Rachel n Raven seem very clique(y) so it doesnt surprise me they would group together against Vanessa. Saying this as a big Rachel fan! Im a bit weary of women who group together to shun others out on this show. They teamed up on Brit on Chris’ season, calling her fake and a wanna be actress. YET she was the only one post show, NOT selling vitamins or flat irons LOL

The edit seems to have been great for ALL the women. Even Taylor didnt have it as bad as it couldve been.

4. purplerayne

February 7, 2017 at 11:29 AM

The social media following on Rachel worries me. She’s getting a VERY good edit, she is well liked by the media and Bach Nation, but she barely has any IG or Twitter followers. YIKES. Even that girl Sarah has more social engagement. Not good. I dont want to scream racial bias…but seems the avg bach followers arent that enamored by her as I am :/

5. crushonspivey

February 7, 2017 at 12:20 PM

Dumping DLo was stupid. She was pretty, and nice. should have kept her around at least 1 more episode, maybe 2. She had B’ette potential in a year that few do.

Rachel is boring. As a fellow lawyer, yeah, dull. Not seeing it. Should have gone with Danielle Lombard as a first. She would have been one too. She would have pulled more guys in too. Sorry, but Rachel will not be a huge draw for the guys. She is nice and pretty, but lacks an “it” factor.

The edit this year has been awful. Way too much Corinne, and not enough other girls. The formula is super stale. The ridiculous girls get too much time. It just isn’t funny anymore. This franchise thinks way more is often more, and they do not know when to stop. That Stop sign 3 episodes ago and they finally pumped the brakes this week.

Honestly, I hope Nick ends up alone. Just not seeing a connection with any girl now. It’s a farce to begin with, but at least in previous years it seems like the lead has real connections with some girls. This year, just nothing. It is bad.

February 7, 2017 at 12:23 PM

Well, for once I don’t have a lot to add to what everyone else has been saying. This season is a snoozer. I made it 15 minutes into yesterday’s episode & went to sleep. Gotta watch the rest today…. unless… eyes… getting…. heavy. Snoooooore. It is pretty embarrassing for Nick that he’s still basically a 22 year old skirt chaser at 37 years old. Sadly, he seems proud of it. But heck, the Kardashians embarrass themselves every single episode & look where they are now. There’s a formula there, I guess. But I really don’t understand why anyone would want to humiliate themselves to gain a Social Media following so they can pimp out ads for penis enlargement & fake news sites. Isn’t that market already saturated?

7. renelson23

February 7, 2017 at 12:30 PM

This is the worst season yet and that is saying a lot after some of the other icky ones – I think they made a huge huge huge mistake casting this clown…JMHO

8. valadega

February 7, 2017 at 1:43 PM

ABC should be ashamed of themselves for subjecting us the loyal viewers to this mess. Nick as The Bachelor has been a disaster, what a clunker series this time. I don’t get any chemistry with him and any of these women. Whomever he picks is doomed to fail. Face it Nick, you are just NOT INTO these women!

9. RaRa

February 7, 2017 at 2:01 PM

After last night’s episode, I would really love to see Kristina become the next Bachelorette. She is classy, beautiful, has a compelling backstory, and is quite poised for her age.

10. caitlyn

February 7, 2017 at 2:03 PM

Steve, kissing booth that Josh Murray is doing is for charity, Enduring Hearts, for babies & kids with heart problems. He has done fundraising for them for years.

11. kathscof

February 7, 2017 at 2:40 PM

1) ponce city market is pretty cool….but you can see from the “famousness” of the other participants, it’s just a bunch of locals….nobody earth shattering..

And 2) HOW did these girls stink so bad at volleyball?!?!? Jasmine even said that she had never played volleyball in her life….they never took any PE class or gym? What did they do with all those hours in their school? And I’m sure they have been to a beach sometime in their life….isn’t volleyball like in the top 3 of beach activities with football and frisbee? My mind was blown…

12. yoyotono

February 7, 2017 at 5:25 PM

This whole episode was horribly edited regarding that group date. Just about every episode shows at least one girl “debating” whether or not to go home due to Nick’s actions. I became a Kristina fan after this episode. I agree that Jasmine was provoked to her reaction, which was expected. The choking joke thing was kind of weird though. I hope we get to see Alexis on BIP this summer.

13. cdorward

February 8, 2017 at 5:55 AM

Agree, volleyball scene was weird. Since when do they all separate and sit alone on a group date? Something happened, why wouldn’t they show it?
    RS, last week when they showed scenes for this week there was a scene of a group of girls dancing with Nick. Girls were in bikinis. It looked like Jasmine (I think) punched Nick. They never showed that scene. WTH?

14. allaboutme

February 8, 2017 at 8:31 AM

I must be the only one who doesn’t think Raven is as attractive as everyone else is making her out to be. However, I think her personality kicks ass and think she would make for an interesting and entertaining Bachelorette.
    It seems like this season is DRAGGING! Like the whole Liz issue seems like SO long ago – like not even on this season long ago! :-O

15. dogmomma

February 8, 2017 at 12:32 PM

I agree with all the previous posts. This season is painfully boring and I only watch about a third of it and then read the spoilers and comments. I never understood why people were excited to have Nick at the lead because his voice is obnoxious. All I can say is that the producers must be very good at their job to get these young women to fall in love with a boring 36 year old guy who has “been around the block a few too many times”.