The Bachelor 21 - Nick

The “Bachelor” Nick Episode 6 Recap incl What the Hell Was All That Last Night?

Photo Credit: Variety

-They arrive in St. Thomas, check into their hotel room, and scream because it’s big. Like every hotel room everyone checks into every season. Give a bunch of superlatives, scream, and run around in it so that the hotel getting the free advertising gets their money’s worth. What? You want the girls to get there and be like, “Meh, it’s ok. I liked our other one better.” Pssshhhh. Once the women are done screaming and calling dibs on the rooms, they wait out on the balcony as Nick flys by in a seaplane waving to them. The good thing about this is none of them can see the look of terror on Nick’s face knowing that he’s about to eliminate three girls during dates while he’s in St. Thomas. What? You think this stuff just happens naturally, he flies by the seat of his pants and makes these decisions on his own? Pssshhh.

-The girls meet him down by the dock where he landed (and subsequently where a worker was fired that day who Instagrammed a pic out that you can see in the episode-by-episode spoilers). I guess once Nick got out of the country, he figured he could start dressing himself down. Like, seriously down. We’re talking Robby Hayes territory with his bright ass short chubbies, and shoes with no socks. Nick must’ve been a huge watcher of JoJo’s season to have that outfit nailed down to perfection. It was like he stole Robby’s “How To Not Dress On National Television” book and followed it chapter by chapter. I wonder if he…nevermind.

-After he greets the girls, he tells Kristina today is her date and it starts immediately. In a little foreshadowing, they show Jasmine crying a bit due to the fact she’s the only one who hasn’t had a 1-on-1 or 2-on-1 date of everyone remaining. At this point she’s had four group dates and she’s none too happy and makes it known to others. The clock is ticking. Remember, one episode that we see is 4 days of filming pretty much non stop. Lets say 20 hours a day. That’s 80 hours of footage that they have to cram into 80 minutes of TV a week (remember, there are 20 minutes of commercials an hour). So when we see something on our screen, it’s usually for a reason. We didn’t see Whitney the Friendly Ghost say anything for 5 episodes, but she was all over ITM’s in the beginning part of this one, because the audience had to know at least SOMETHING about her before she gets booted on a 2-on-1. And them letting us see Jasmine’s reaction to her 5th group date was to set up her exit later on. They know what they’re doing. I just hope a lot of you see all this when it’s airing. If not, well, that’s what I’m here for. I’ll be your tour guide on this Bachelor journey. “Come on in. Stay a while.” – Kasey K.

-Did you like how in 33 seasons of this show we’ve never once seen a worker at the hotel become any sort of “character,” yet here is Lorna, the maid for the girls room who just so happens to get a speaking part this season so they can play into the whole nanny thing with Corinne. So ridiculously edited. Really? Corinne essentially talking down to Lorna? Did you notice that the voice over of Corinne calling Lorna “nanny” was clearly dubbed in there? Pretty much shows you how far this show is willing to go to force feed a storyline down your throat. Yes, she compared her to Racquel. We saw that in her ITM. But she never called Lorna a “nanny.” It was clearly dubbed in there so make you think she said it. It’s embarrassing at this point. I’m sure Lorna feels real good about herself knowing a spoiled little brat just spoke about her in that way.

-What makes that scene even worse was seeing what came next, which was Kristina getting her 1-on-1 and revealing her tragic backstory of the awful life she led in Russia. Having a mother who was barely around, and when she was around, couldn’t provide for her to the point where the kid had to eat lipstick, then her mother dying when she was 4 and going into a foster home, only to be adopted at 12 and brought to the states leaving everything behind. I said it on Twitter and I’ll say it again: I’m glad Kristina shared her story. Took a lot of guts to share something like that and I commend her for it. And right after that embarrassing Corinne scene, I hope some of these Bachelor Nation hypocrites actually take a step back from their #TeamCorrine tweets and hopefully gained some perspective on how even more ridiculous she looks now.

-Nick and Kristina go for a little dip in the water where she straddles him and…yeah. The last time we saw something like this, Ben and Courtney were playing “just the tip” in the ocean. Hey, that’s straight outta her book. I think she said it lasted 20 seconds and it just wasn’t the proper place or time to try and have sex. Nick and Kristina then go off dancing where she gets another straddle in as he lifts her and swings her around for all to see. It was glorious I tell ya’. Kristina has got to be the smallest girl on the show, right? She looks about 4’10” and maybe 90 lbs soaking wet. Either way, I was afraid Nick would pick her up and chuck her into the air like Ted Stryker in “Airplane.” Good thing Kristina is ok. She doesn’t need to be having more stories to add her collection already. I have a feeling Kristina shot up a lot of people’s boards tonight as a fan favorite, as she should have. I mean, kinda hard not to like someone like that, right? Once the dust settles, and hopefully somewhere down the line, would absolutely want to have her on the podcast.

1. SeaDub

February 7, 2017 at 9:46 AM

This show has become horrifically stale and it’s because it is so forced and over produced. I’m barely making it through this one and am done after this…unless they make Rachel the bachelorette.

2. kimmyfromdablock

February 7, 2017 at 11:03 AM

I am also finding this season a total snoozer. None of the girls are very interesting and the Corinne thing has been played out. I’m with @SeaDub…Rachel would make an intelligent and compelling bachelorette.

I find Nick’s personality to be incredibly dull. For a 36 year old man, he seems to not have found himself aside from deciding to wear shrunken clothes and getting a six-pack. He’s right up there with the most boring Bachelors — Juan Pablo and Ben Flajnik.

Vanessa thus far bores me. I don’t see the connection. I also don’t find Raven to be very attractive (which I understand has nothing to do with nothing). Raven seems about one foot away from the “cash me ousside how bout dat” girl.

3. purplerayne

February 7, 2017 at 11:27 AM

Rachel n Raven seem very clique(y) so it doesnt surprise me they would group together against Vanessa. Saying this as a big Rachel fan! Im a bit weary of women who group together to shun others out on this show. They teamed up on Brit on Chris’ season, calling her fake and a wanna be actress. YET she was the only one post show, NOT selling vitamins or flat irons LOL

The edit seems to have been great for ALL the women. Even Taylor didnt have it as bad as it couldve been.

4. purplerayne

February 7, 2017 at 11:29 AM

The social media following on Rachel worries me. She’s getting a VERY good edit, she is well liked by the media and Bach Nation, but she barely has any IG or Twitter followers. YIKES. Even that girl Sarah has more social engagement. Not good. I dont want to scream racial bias…but seems the avg bach followers arent that enamored by her as I am :/

5. crushonspivey

February 7, 2017 at 12:20 PM

Dumping DLo was stupid. She was pretty, and nice. should have kept her around at least 1 more episode, maybe 2. She had B’ette potential in a year that few do.

Rachel is boring. As a fellow lawyer, yeah, dull. Not seeing it. Should have gone with Danielle Lombard as a first. She would have been one too. She would have pulled more guys in too. Sorry, but Rachel will not be a huge draw for the guys. She is nice and pretty, but lacks an “it” factor.

The edit this year has been awful. Way too much Corinne, and not enough other girls. The formula is super stale. The ridiculous girls get too much time. It just isn’t funny anymore. This franchise thinks way more is often more, and they do not know when to stop. That Stop sign 3 episodes ago and they finally pumped the brakes this week.

Honestly, I hope Nick ends up alone. Just not seeing a connection with any girl now. It’s a farce to begin with, but at least in previous years it seems like the lead has real connections with some girls. This year, just nothing. It is bad.

February 7, 2017 at 12:23 PM

Well, for once I don’t have a lot to add to what everyone else has been saying. This season is a snoozer. I made it 15 minutes into yesterday’s episode & went to sleep. Gotta watch the rest today…. unless… eyes… getting…. heavy. Snoooooore. It is pretty embarrassing for Nick that he’s still basically a 22 year old skirt chaser at 37 years old. Sadly, he seems proud of it. But heck, the Kardashians embarrass themselves every single episode & look where they are now. There’s a formula there, I guess. But I really don’t understand why anyone would want to humiliate themselves to gain a Social Media following so they can pimp out ads for penis enlargement & fake news sites. Isn’t that market already saturated?

7. renelson23

February 7, 2017 at 12:30 PM

This is the worst season yet and that is saying a lot after some of the other icky ones – I think they made a huge huge huge mistake casting this clown…JMHO

8. valadega

February 7, 2017 at 1:43 PM

ABC should be ashamed of themselves for subjecting us the loyal viewers to this mess. Nick as The Bachelor has been a disaster, what a clunker series this time. I don’t get any chemistry with him and any of these women. Whomever he picks is doomed to fail. Face it Nick, you are just NOT INTO these women!

9. RaRa

February 7, 2017 at 2:01 PM

After last night’s episode, I would really love to see Kristina become the next Bachelorette. She is classy, beautiful, has a compelling backstory, and is quite poised for her age.

10. caitlyn

February 7, 2017 at 2:03 PM

Steve, kissing booth that Josh Murray is doing is for charity, Enduring Hearts, for babies & kids with heart problems. He has done fundraising for them for years.

11. kathscof

February 7, 2017 at 2:40 PM

1) ponce city market is pretty cool….but you can see from the “famousness” of the other participants, it’s just a bunch of locals….nobody earth shattering..

And 2) HOW did these girls stink so bad at volleyball?!?!? Jasmine even said that she had never played volleyball in her life….they never took any PE class or gym? What did they do with all those hours in their school? And I’m sure they have been to a beach sometime in their life….isn’t volleyball like in the top 3 of beach activities with football and frisbee? My mind was blown…

12. yoyotono

February 7, 2017 at 5:25 PM

This whole episode was horribly edited regarding that group date. Just about every episode shows at least one girl “debating” whether or not to go home due to Nick’s actions. I became a Kristina fan after this episode. I agree that Jasmine was provoked to her reaction, which was expected. The choking joke thing was kind of weird though. I hope we get to see Alexis on BIP this summer.

13. cdorward

February 8, 2017 at 5:55 AM

Agree, volleyball scene was weird. Since when do they all separate and sit alone on a group date? Something happened, why wouldn’t they show it?
    RS, last week when they showed scenes for this week there was a scene of a group of girls dancing with Nick. Girls were in bikinis. It looked like Jasmine (I think) punched Nick. They never showed that scene. WTH?

14. allaboutme

February 8, 2017 at 8:31 AM

I must be the only one who doesn’t think Raven is as attractive as everyone else is making her out to be. However, I think her personality kicks ass and think she would make for an interesting and entertaining Bachelorette.
    It seems like this season is DRAGGING! Like the whole Liz issue seems like SO long ago – like not even on this season long ago! :-O

15. dogmomma

February 8, 2017 at 12:32 PM

I agree with all the previous posts. This season is painfully boring and I only watch about a third of it and then read the spoilers and comments. I never understood why people were excited to have Nick at the lead because his voice is obnoxious. All I can say is that the producers must be very good at their job to get these young women to fall in love with a boring 36 year old guy who has “been around the block a few too many times”.