Bachelor in Paradise 4

The “Bachelorette” Men Tell All Recap Including Already Trouble in Paradise for a Post-Show BIP Couple?

Photo Credit: ABC

-Chris Harrison started us off last night with jokes. Talked about how heated it got in the house and it might get so heated on stage he’s been working out and possibly would step in to stop it. Chris, don’t quit your day job. A night at the improv is not your calling. Getting paid a ridiculous amount of money to do math on television for us is what your calling is. Don’t forget it. Oh sure, you’ll be Mr. Mediator this season on BIP, but make no mistake, if DeMario and Corinne don’t go at each other like two drunk high school horndogs, your role on BIP this season would’ve been exactly what it was the first three seasons – non-existent. So maybe he should fork over a little to DeMario and Corinne. They deserve at least something, right?

-Here’s something they’ve never done on the MTA before…showed clips of most memorable moments. In order they were:

1) Kasey singing to Ali
2) Emily telling off Kalon
3) Clint & JJ bromance
4) The lie detector results from Andi’s season
5) Mean tweets towards Kaitlyn
6) JoJo dissing Chad
7) Ashley & JP’s ultrasound which was probably the most ridiculous one they ever did since it had already been announced before that show they were having a boy. Not to mention the ultrasound they did do on stage wasn’t real. Don’t get me started on that ultrasound.

-All the guys on stage this episode were: Jamey, Diggy, Blake, Iggy, Anthony, Whaboom, Fred, DeMario, Alex, Tickle Monster, Lee, Jack, Josiah, Will, Matt, Kenny, Adam, and Dean. It’s a taping that takes up most of the day, but they have to condense it into roughly 80 minutes of footage, so some guys time on the show gets cut. What’s amazing is that even in those 80 minutes, they never once showed Tickle Monster, Jack, or Alex speaking. And those guys all made it to episode 4. Jamey? Like anyone remembers him from the first night. Even he got one thing in attacking DeMario, but no love for the Tickle, Jack, and Alex huh? I find that fascinating every season to see who gets bumped from the edit. Put it this way, that’s never a good sign when nothing you say is remotely interesting enough to make on the Tell All episode.

-They gave us maybe one minute of Whaboom and Blake renewing their feud. However, a clip they showed promoting last night’s MTA showed more than what they showed last night. The clip I saw showed Blake saying that they’ve both been involved with the same woman, and that never aired last night. That was Whaboom’s ex that was on that reality show with him that Blake was on. After that show, that girl ended up becoming Blake’s roommate and god knows what happened after that. Not sure why they used that in a clip then never showed it on the show. Probably the only interesting thing between the two of them is that they both essentially shared the same woman. And this same woman is the one who called Blake out publicly on Twitter during the season essentially calling him a nut job.

-Another thing that was left on the editing room floor was DeMario calling producers out for setting him up with the ex-girlfriend storyline. We never see him mention the part about how he was pissed at producers for what they did, only that essentially Lexie was just a side chick of his, he was in contact with her, but she certainly wasn’t a girlfriend by any means. That drew a lot of boos from the audience. Not sure why since almost all these guys have side pieces. Yes, even some of your favorite ones that you think walk on water. So DeMario admitting to his almost has to earn him some points considering the other guys just love to play dumb and not own it. It’s pretty fascinating the stuff I hear. Most of which I can never share. As much as I do share with you guys, you have no idea some of the stuff I can’t share. I wish I could. Some stuff just isn’t my story to tell unfortunately.

1. california89

August 1, 2017 at 9:17 AM

Kind of surprised that Steve touched on the Amanda/Robby Instagram drama that went down this weekend, but not the Dean/Rachel clapback that is ALL OVER social media….

2. crushonspivey

August 1, 2017 at 9:24 AM

That show last night was serious overkill. I thought they were done with Lee and moving on, then Round 2 happened. It was seriously too much. This is as stupid reality show. It is fake. As Steve mentioned, the Producers get in guys ears and push them to do things. But was that mentioned at all? Nope. And why not? Because they show wouldn’t want to take and credit for any race baiting it took part in by pushing Kenny and Lee towards conflict. Plus, the guys on the show there long enough know the drill. They know they are all handled.

Anyway, I hated watching it and wanted to stop, but my wife wanted to see it. She was frustrated I had zero interest in it, because usually I just like to make fun of it all. Last night was no laughing matter, and TPTB needed to own some of that blame Lee took.

3. dogmomma

August 1, 2017 at 9:50 AM

I agree that the Lee-shaming was overkill. It was painful to watch because it just wouldn’t stop. It was also painful to watch the segment with Dean and his father for the second time. This show has no moral conscience whatsoever. I don’t know why I keep watching but every season I hope that it gets better and it only gets worse.

4. jlal

August 1, 2017 at 11:34 AM

The format worked back when the show first started,because social media wasn’t an issue. Now however, we know for a fact between BIP an social media that contestants move on after the show ends. So, any pretense of them still giving a crap is just that pretense. It has become insulting to the viewer.

Also, the entire “Is she/he here for the right reason?” thing is stupid now too. They are all there to build a social media business, promote their singing, acting, or whatever they have going on. To pretend otherwise is insulting.

I think this is why the producers create, fabricate or whatever you want to call it drama. Back in the early days and I’ve been watching since the fist season, it didn’t seem like the drama was as manufactured. Also, the producers and hence show didn’t didn’t seem to objectify the contestants as much. Honestly, they don’t care about these people at all anymore, it is often painful to watch now. Not to mention they don’t know when to quit, the never ending Chad story line; the way too long Lee flogging; the “Corrine Show”; they just milk the crap out of the fabricated drama until it is painful. Definitely don’t seem to understand when the horse is dead.

5. T M

August 1, 2017 at 11:42 AM

I’m watching the show on Hulu, (minus the commercials, the only way to watch it BTW), and when Rachael was talking to Kenny, they never showed his face when he made the comment you mentioned, so, I’m guessing for the West coast feed, and the Hulu feed, saying Eric’s name was obviously dubbed in. It was loud and clear, you couldn’t have missed it when you watched it, so yes, it was dubbed in, to the surprise of–oh, NOBODY…

6. jlal

August 1, 2017 at 11:58 AM

Also, have always thought Brit was one of the most beautiful girls on the show.

7. chrisjenkinswb

August 1, 2017 at 12:06 PM

As a man who watches these shows, I am super jealous Dean gets to be all over Kristina AND DLo… not fair man… not fair…

8. chrisjenkinswb

August 1, 2017 at 12:07 PM

And I agree with jlal, Brit was/is absolutely gorgeous

9. kerri1102

August 1, 2017 at 12:27 PM

I’m one of those people who was hoping that your original spoiler was right and that she was engaged to Peter. However, it’s clear from watching the show that she picks Bryan. Not to mention it’s been prety clear from SM and Rachel’s interviews and tweets who she picked. And Rachel totally wants a career in sports in some capacity, either in front of the camera or behind the scenes. She came straight out and said so on Access Hollywood and then nodded her head when the hosts predicted Bryan as her fiance.

10. enic198008

August 1, 2017 at 1:54 PM

The Men Tell All was sooooooo painful to watch! O-M-G, W-T-F! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz ABC please please please nix this show next season! Seeing DeMario again made me nauseous! He is so full of himself and for what reason I don’t understand. If he is on DWTS I am throwing my TV out of the window! YEAH RIGHT to anyone that thought Lee being ganged up on changed his racist and sexist mentality…he hugged it out…left the taping and put his white hood back on laughed all the way back home to the Tennessee good ole boy klan rally. It was good to see Josiah again…forgot how much of a hoot he is hopefully Reality Steve books him for a future podcast…the rest of the guys will be forgotten next week. I’m very glad this season will be over on Monday. It couldn’t be any more obvious that Rachel chose slick as oil, mommy dearest’s manchild Bryan…UGH! The finale will be anticlimactic and a 3-hr snoozefest other than the Peter-Rachel meltdown. Thank goodness we only have to see Bryan’s tongue shoved down Rachel’s throat one last time. This season would have been so much better if they picked better suitors…Rachel is classy, intelligent, trendy, attractive and a great lead but she had duds to choose from. Wish I could say that I am excited about BIP, but I’d be lying…who in their right mind wants to see Amanda Stanton ditch her kids again for ANOTHER shot at love…OH PLEASE! She is making an absolute fool of herself…Robby was smart to smash and dash!

11. tinyred500

August 1, 2017 at 4:01 PM

I don’t think RS has reported this…

Former Bachelorette contestant Chad Johnson is on Celebriry Big Brother in the UK. I was flipping through the channels tonight and saw him. I don’t think there’s gonna be many who have heard of the show in the UK, let alone him.

12. tracefeng

August 1, 2017 at 9:15 PM

Steve. Do you have any information or insight as to why we have not seen any clips of Rachel and Bryan on their overnight. Very odd, and annoying.

13. missmanners

August 3, 2017 at 1:36 PM

To answer your question about Lee “You want me to feel sorry for that *****, I don’t!” He may have been asked to play a role, but no one forced him to do it – and those SM posts. Not a good look. Lee, you play with fire, you get burned.

As for people emailing you insisting you’re wrong about Rachel and Bryan…Lordt! I don’t know how you do it. I don’t even think it’s about Peter/Rachel anymore. It’s this rabid obsession over Peter that got some folks in fruit loop city. I’ve seen some over the top fandoms/shippers before, but this is beyond the scope of reasoning. We need a defibrillator on stand by ’cause I fear some of these folks might stroke out when the end is revealed! lol

14. shamelessbachfan

August 3, 2017 at 7:24 PM

Did anyone else notice that tickle monster was sitting on a chair that looked like a hand at the MTA? Made me LOL.

15. tater

August 5, 2017 at 3:18 AM

Hes also on Famously Single that airs on Sundays.

16. tater

August 5, 2017 at 3:21 AM

How can I watch old seasons? I wanna see the season that Ben H was a contestant.
    I really hope they DO NOT make Amanda S Bachelorette!!