Bachelor in Paradise 4

The “Bachelorette” Men Tell All Recap Including Already Trouble in Paradise for a Post-Show BIP Couple?

Photo Credit: ABC

-A majority of the show focuses on the Kenny/Lee drama. Kenny handled it about as well as you could. I’ll say this for Lee: he could’ve handled it a lot worse. After how he acted on the show, and the tweets that got posted during his time on there, he only had one real reason for showing up to the MTA and that was to apologize. You can question his sincerity (which a lot of people are) and you can say he only did it because he got caught, but, the fact is he actually did it. If he put up ANY sort of resistance last night and never apologized for anything, then he looks like a complete ass. He had trouble admitting and saying certain things, and there was even a part of him that did seem like he was being too cocky up there, but ultimately the guy apologized for the tweets, apologized for how he provoked on the show, and apologized to Rachel. That’s all he could really do. He had a stage full of guys firing daggers at him all night, and rightfully so, and he didn’t get agitated, he didn’t egg it on, he denounced his tweets, and he took the heat and apologized. Only his actions from this point forward will determine whether he was serious or not, but I at least give the guy props for apologizing.

-You gotta remember, Lee was cast for a role on this show. I’m sure there was barely any emotional or physical connection to Rachel for him. He went on this show to do what he did, and once he got there, with the egging of the producers, ate it up and loved playing the villain role. No different than a lot of other contestants in the past who, once they were in it, realized the role they needed to play. Some just play it better than others. The role Lee played, looking back, is probably a role he should’ve passed on. For 30 minutes he just kept telling us he has a lot to learn. Yeah, I’d say so. Like I said, it only matters what he does from here on out. Anyone can apologize with words. It’s actions thereafter that determine if he’s serious or not. No different than when James Taylor came on the podcast. His apology to the girls in that text, and then what he said on the podcast is all fine and dandy, but if you don’t change your behavior afterwards, it means nothing.

-Not only did anything Jack, Tickle Monster, or Alex say get cut from the final edit of the “Men Tell All,” but Adam got called up to the hot seat and that never got shown either. Guess they needed to get rid of that filler so we could have the Kenny & Lee Race War of 2017. We got Adam Jr. sitting in the crowd last night, so there’s that. But yeah, Adam had his time on the hot seat and they showed footage of his relationship with Rachel that we never saw on the show, but alas, they didn’t think it was important enough for the audience to see that. And what does Adam care. He’s been in the Dominican Republic the last few days with Raven and the rest of the girls, which still has me shaking my head. Do I buy that? No. But hey, have fun while it lasts I guess.

-Dean on the hot seat, and then his subsequent talk with Rachel was rather comical. Only for the sole fact we know he doesn’t care. But he’s supposed to sit up there and pretend like he’s really interested in why Rachel sent him home, even though for the last 2 months he’s banged two of her friends. I’m guessing if he had his way, he wouldn’t have had to sit up there and really wonder out loud why Rachel told him she loved him but then dumped him 4 days later. Really? He’s really concerned about that when he’s moved on with multiple women since the show? His BIP edit is going to be interesting since, well, he starts off with Kristina, DLo arrives and they become a thing, Kristina leaves, then Dean dumps DLo at the end because he says he’s still in love with Kristina, only have Dean and DLo be all over each other post-show and Kristina really isn’t in the picture anymore. DLo will see the light at some point. At least we hope she does.

-Did I hear correctly when Rachel came out on stage when Kenny was talking to her he said, “If things don’t work out with Peter or Bryan, give me a call?” Ummmm, did he forget Eric is still in the running? Thought that was kind of funny. Unless he did say Eric and I missed it. But him just completely skipping over Eric in all that goes to show how they all know exactly what happened this season. Shocked the editors left that in there. Unless he did say Eric then my bad. There are a few guys from Rachel’s season that I’d definitely be interested in talking to down the road. Eric, Kenny, and Josiah are three of them. Hopefully they’ll come on the podcast at some point. Probably won’t be til next year, but hey, they should know I’m looking for them. All seem like good guys and all have three very different stories to tell.

So next week we finally reach the end. Thank God. I can honestly say this season has had so many more, “You’re wrong about Rachel and Bryan” emails than any previous season. Now, I don’t know if that’s because I initially said Peter and people not living in reality want to believe it so bad she’s with him, but man, a TON of people have come forward since June 6th saying Rachel is with Peter. I get it. You want to believe that. There’s nothing I can say apparently that’s gonna change your mind, but not only did I change the spoiler two months ago, I’ve basically mentioned in every column since then that Rachel is engaged to Bryan. I’ve basically beaten you over the head with it. Yet you know come next Monday night, there will still be people saying “You were wrong.” Comes with the territory I guess. Yes, for 3 weeks I was. But it was corrected on June 6th and talked about ad nauseum since. There isn’t one fiber in me that thinks this spoiler is wrong and hasn’t been since June 6th. That’s the best I can give you people. But just prepare yourselves next week if you’re a Peter crazy. It ain’t him.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page, or listen to all my podcasts at Apple Podcasts. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. california89

August 1, 2017 at 9:17 AM

Kind of surprised that Steve touched on the Amanda/Robby Instagram drama that went down this weekend, but not the Dean/Rachel clapback that is ALL OVER social media….

2. crushonspivey

August 1, 2017 at 9:24 AM

That show last night was serious overkill. I thought they were done with Lee and moving on, then Round 2 happened. It was seriously too much. This is as stupid reality show. It is fake. As Steve mentioned, the Producers get in guys ears and push them to do things. But was that mentioned at all? Nope. And why not? Because they show wouldn’t want to take and credit for any race baiting it took part in by pushing Kenny and Lee towards conflict. Plus, the guys on the show there long enough know the drill. They know they are all handled.

Anyway, I hated watching it and wanted to stop, but my wife wanted to see it. She was frustrated I had zero interest in it, because usually I just like to make fun of it all. Last night was no laughing matter, and TPTB needed to own some of that blame Lee took.

3. dogmomma

August 1, 2017 at 9:50 AM

I agree that the Lee-shaming was overkill. It was painful to watch because it just wouldn’t stop. It was also painful to watch the segment with Dean and his father for the second time. This show has no moral conscience whatsoever. I don’t know why I keep watching but every season I hope that it gets better and it only gets worse.

4. jlal

August 1, 2017 at 11:34 AM

The format worked back when the show first started,because social media wasn’t an issue. Now however, we know for a fact between BIP an social media that contestants move on after the show ends. So, any pretense of them still giving a crap is just that pretense. It has become insulting to the viewer.

Also, the entire “Is she/he here for the right reason?” thing is stupid now too. They are all there to build a social media business, promote their singing, acting, or whatever they have going on. To pretend otherwise is insulting.

I think this is why the producers create, fabricate or whatever you want to call it drama. Back in the early days and I’ve been watching since the fist season, it didn’t seem like the drama was as manufactured. Also, the producers and hence show didn’t didn’t seem to objectify the contestants as much. Honestly, they don’t care about these people at all anymore, it is often painful to watch now. Not to mention they don’t know when to quit, the never ending Chad story line; the way too long Lee flogging; the “Corrine Show”; they just milk the crap out of the fabricated drama until it is painful. Definitely don’t seem to understand when the horse is dead.

5. T M

August 1, 2017 at 11:42 AM

I’m watching the show on Hulu, (minus the commercials, the only way to watch it BTW), and when Rachael was talking to Kenny, they never showed his face when he made the comment you mentioned, so, I’m guessing for the West coast feed, and the Hulu feed, saying Eric’s name was obviously dubbed in. It was loud and clear, you couldn’t have missed it when you watched it, so yes, it was dubbed in, to the surprise of–oh, NOBODY…

6. jlal

August 1, 2017 at 11:58 AM

Also, have always thought Brit was one of the most beautiful girls on the show.

7. chrisjenkinswb

August 1, 2017 at 12:06 PM

As a man who watches these shows, I am super jealous Dean gets to be all over Kristina AND DLo… not fair man… not fair…

8. chrisjenkinswb

August 1, 2017 at 12:07 PM

And I agree with jlal, Brit was/is absolutely gorgeous

9. kerri1102

August 1, 2017 at 12:27 PM

I’m one of those people who was hoping that your original spoiler was right and that she was engaged to Peter. However, it’s clear from watching the show that she picks Bryan. Not to mention it’s been prety clear from SM and Rachel’s interviews and tweets who she picked. And Rachel totally wants a career in sports in some capacity, either in front of the camera or behind the scenes. She came straight out and said so on Access Hollywood and then nodded her head when the hosts predicted Bryan as her fiance.

10. enic198008

August 1, 2017 at 1:54 PM

The Men Tell All was sooooooo painful to watch! O-M-G, W-T-F! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz ABC please please please nix this show next season! Seeing DeMario again made me nauseous! He is so full of himself and for what reason I don’t understand. If he is on DWTS I am throwing my TV out of the window! YEAH RIGHT to anyone that thought Lee being ganged up on changed his racist and sexist mentality…he hugged it out…left the taping and put his white hood back on laughed all the way back home to the Tennessee good ole boy klan rally. It was good to see Josiah again…forgot how much of a hoot he is hopefully Reality Steve books him for a future podcast…the rest of the guys will be forgotten next week. I’m very glad this season will be over on Monday. It couldn’t be any more obvious that Rachel chose slick as oil, mommy dearest’s manchild Bryan…UGH! The finale will be anticlimactic and a 3-hr snoozefest other than the Peter-Rachel meltdown. Thank goodness we only have to see Bryan’s tongue shoved down Rachel’s throat one last time. This season would have been so much better if they picked better suitors…Rachel is classy, intelligent, trendy, attractive and a great lead but she had duds to choose from. Wish I could say that I am excited about BIP, but I’d be lying…who in their right mind wants to see Amanda Stanton ditch her kids again for ANOTHER shot at love…OH PLEASE! She is making an absolute fool of herself…Robby was smart to smash and dash!

11. tinyred500

August 1, 2017 at 4:01 PM

I don’t think RS has reported this…

Former Bachelorette contestant Chad Johnson is on Celebriry Big Brother in the UK. I was flipping through the channels tonight and saw him. I don’t think there’s gonna be many who have heard of the show in the UK, let alone him.

12. tracefeng

August 1, 2017 at 9:15 PM

Steve. Do you have any information or insight as to why we have not seen any clips of Rachel and Bryan on their overnight. Very odd, and annoying.

13. missmanners

August 3, 2017 at 1:36 PM

To answer your question about Lee “You want me to feel sorry for that *****, I don’t!” He may have been asked to play a role, but no one forced him to do it – and those SM posts. Not a good look. Lee, you play with fire, you get burned.

As for people emailing you insisting you’re wrong about Rachel and Bryan…Lordt! I don’t know how you do it. I don’t even think it’s about Peter/Rachel anymore. It’s this rabid obsession over Peter that got some folks in fruit loop city. I’ve seen some over the top fandoms/shippers before, but this is beyond the scope of reasoning. We need a defibrillator on stand by ’cause I fear some of these folks might stroke out when the end is revealed! lol

14. shamelessbachfan

August 3, 2017 at 7:24 PM

Did anyone else notice that tickle monster was sitting on a chair that looked like a hand at the MTA? Made me LOL.

15. tater

August 5, 2017 at 3:18 AM

Hes also on Famously Single that airs on Sundays.

16. tater

August 5, 2017 at 3:21 AM

How can I watch old seasons? I wanna see the season that Ben H was a contestant.
    I really hope they DO NOT make Amanda S Bachelorette!!