I know you mentioned that you aren’t too savvy with instagram but it would make sense that if someone decide to delete their ig account, their likes will be removed, right? like for example, jim liked bob’s post and his username will appear on the list of likes. jim then delete his account, his username should be disappear from the list??
Comment: Yes. Garrett’s likes under his old IG account of garrett_yrigs12 no longer show him as liking those pics on the mericasupplyco IG account bc the account has been deleted. At least for me it doesn’t. I went to all those posts he liked yesterday on IG, ran down the list of likes and garrett_yrigs12 wasn’t in any of them. But apparently if you were following garrett_yrigs12 before he deleted it (I never did), it still might show it for you. But there are definitely screen shots and other things to prove his account did like those as of 4 days ago. Now the question is to find out why. And we won’t know that until Garrett speaks.
You were quite emphatic last season when you said that Arie would never marry the girl he picked, and I agreed with you. But now Arie has bought a pricey new house in Scottsdale, and he’s already paid for an expensive wedding venue in Maui. I wanted to get your thoughts on whether you now believe that Arie will actually marry Lauren? If they walk down the aisle Jan. 12, 2019, that’s when I’ll believe it. Just like I have for every other couple.
My second question is why is Arie so compelled to tweet out every event that occurs in his and Lauren’s life every other day? I don’t think we’ve ever seen a lead of this show do that.
Comment: Why? Because they feel they have something to prove to everyone who doubts them. There’s really no other reason why.
However, they are not alone in this. Uhhhhh, Ashley and Jared come to mind? Plenty of couples from this franchise document every 4 seconds their together, so I wouldn’t just pin this on Arie and Lauren. It’s what some of these people do. I don’t get it because I’m just not that public of a person. But different strokes for different folks I guess. Just know it’s VERY common in Bachelor Nation for the couples to do that.
Hi Steve. Some questions for your next column:
1) Was Becca’s season the “Becca with Garrett AND Becca with Blake Show” or just the “Becca and Garrett Show” during filming? Garrett is obviously someone she had goo-goo ga-ga eyes for from night one. She made that pretty clear in the first episode. Blake is the other guy she falls in love with this season. She just doesn’t tell him she loves him as far as I know.
2) How much (ballpark figure) do you think TMZ paid the informant for those finale pics? (btw Weird that TMZ couldn’t figure out who he was). Couple thousand would be my guess, but I honestly have no idea.
3) How is Meredith feeling about the reaction to her podcast? I think she’s a little bothered by the attacks on people thinking she was drunk or drinking during the podcast (which she says she wasn’t), but she feels 100% relieved the story has gotten out and it’s off her chest. It’s been bothering her for a while and she said she really is happy she told it.
4) More of a comment: you mentioned there’s no way to know why Lauren said “a line was crossed” re the GQ interview. I think the article indicated that the line was that the interviewer talked to Lauren and brought up the finale where Becca said that Lauren wasn’t strong or equal with Arie and how did she (Lauren) feel about those comments. The writer basically said that right after that she got the text from Arie that Lauren had been unhappy with that and they would not continue the interview process. I didn’t read it that way as the “crossing the line” part, but you could be right. However, IF that is the line she was talking about, then she’s going to miserable forever if THAT is what she considered crossing the line. Or there’s other stuff that went along with that line of questioning we don’t know about yet.
5) Do you think Arie and Lauren will make it to a wedding, now that they’ve set a date and picked a venue? Have you heard anything about whether Arie has been able to be faithful so far. Haven’t heard anything. Moved on. When they walk down the aisle is when I’ll believe it.
6. Lastly just a comment/observation. I noticed Arie’s story about why he did the breakup with Becca on air has changed several times. First it was so that people would see the breakup was on him — then it was so she could be the bachelorette — and most recently it was because production pushed him to do it that way. I had always wanted to think the best of Arie, despite the contrary evidence, but I’m not impressed.
Comment: Nor should you be.
This might be too late for your column this week but the question just came to me.
I believe you reported during Winter Games spoilers that Ashley I lost her virginity to Kevin. Is that still an accurate statement? Yup. Unless she was lying to people.
If that is true, it makes the whole Ashley I and Jared relationship thing so weird to me! I’m happy they are together & in love – but it is all so odd. From what you reported, she was openly sharing that information with people after Winter Games, but as soon as Jared showed interest, she wanted to keep it quiet? Do you think her and Jared would have gotten back together had she not lost her virginity first? Who knows? They are so not on my radar of things/couples that interest me in this franchise. If they’re together, great. Have at it. I just don’t care enough about them to follow anything they do.
Thanks for entertaining!
PS – did you see Caroline Lunny’s tweet during the premiere? She tweeted “he who shall not be named is the worst person. I reallllyyyy can’t stand him” – any idea who she was referring to? After everything came out about Garrett, it made me wonder if that’s who she was talking about.
Comment: I didn’t see the tweet and at what point during the show she sent the tweet, so I don’t know who she’s talking about. But I’m guessing it wouldn’t be too far fetched to think it was Garrett. Don’t know for sure though.
Just my observations.
1. What was up with Jason Tartick’s slicked back hair? Too much gel! He looks like an extra for the Sopranos. Certainly is not a style you see much nowadays.
2. How did Joe the grocery store guy not get past night one???? He’s on BIP this year, right? Looks like he will be the sought after guy based on Twitter. And Chris Harrison’s tweet about him.
3. How did Kendall and Leo meet? Is it super casual? Will they acknowledge meeting each other on BIP? They’d be lying if they didn’t. How they’d meet? I’m sure through DM. How do any of them meet? And those two both live in LA.
4. I read the article detailing Lauren and Arie’s “relationship.” OMG the douchebag is full of himself. What did the reporter do to upset Little Lauren? Tell her things he’s lied to her about regarding the final rose ceremony or sleeping with both? Arie and Lauren are so dull. They’re meant to be. It certainly was an interesting read. One that made me scratch my head or roll my eyes, once or a thousand times.
5. Regarding the whole Garrett Y Instagram scandal. Hello, it’s probably manufactured. Do you or anyone really believe the producers didn’t catch wind to this after combing through his activity for a guy that was destined to go far after the Lee controversy and he was only there to stir the pot, not go far. He was designed for the 2-1, anyway, but they definitely didn’t like the garbage he posted after they found out. Come on, Garrett was what the producers on Unreal would call a “wifey” (for the bachelor seasons or husband material for the bachelorette). After Lee, plus the extensive background checks, everyone desiring Becca to get a happy ending, there is NO WAY they didn’t look through IG and FB and everything with a fine toothed comb. Those posts he “liked” weren’t there. I don’t buy it. This doesn’t seem real. There’s no way that garbage jives with the guy he really does appear to come across as and everything else known about him nor is Becca picking a guy that radiates that kind of hate. I don’t believe it’s him that posted. It’s too odd, timing is off, someone obviously dislikes him for any possible reason and that doesn’t make him a transphobic, homophobic, racist, misogynist, gun toting conspriacy theorist loving Trumper! Do I know for a fact he’s a wonderful dude? No. Do I have any reason to believe he’s a total POS? No. We don’t know anything, except I know it’s easy to hack anyone and this controversy stinks. Something does not make sense. I don’t judge other people and no one would like it if trolls on social media and the press did it back to them. I don’t care if he likes hunting, guns, whatever. So what, I’m not for it, but the fact is that is all we know is that he enjoys hunting, etc and nature activities. He’s an outdoorsman and Becca digs that. Not my cup of tea, but that’s it. Anyway, he’s cute, so we don’t know much except his career background, looks, education and what he showed Becca. He has a nice personality on the show, not fake, and that doesn’t jive with racist, homophobic, transphobic, conspiracy theory loving misogynist. That’s my opinion, anyway.
Keep up the great work on the website.
Comment: I think you should listen to the podcast tomorrow.
My only question is how I can turn “Metrosexual Douchecanoe” into a game where I trick people into saying that.
Comment: I was pretty proud of that one. It’s impossible to take someone like that seriously. So I don’t.
I’m sure you’ve gotten a million emails regarding Garrett these past couple of days but after reading your column today, I just have to wonder why you think this is more a common decency problem than political? Not saying all, but most Republicans hold these views. A lot don’t express it so hatefully or express it like in those memes, but they oppose gay marriage, most are NRA supporters, etc. and all those memes he likes showed me that he falls under those views. I read that you want to hear from him first before casting judgement, but who’s to say he won’t lie about it? In this particular time, it’s not okay to hold those views and have a platform so I’m not sure he’d openly admit to liking those and trying to find a way to say he doesn’t hold those views, you know? Personally, whatever he does come out and say, if he denies it or tries to spin it in some way, I won’t believe it. The four main ones he liked had nothing to do with guns or gay marriage. So I’m not sure where you’re getting that. Again, I think people need to listen to tomorrow’s podcast.
Also, have you heard how she’s been handling this? Is she upset, does she care, etc.? No. I have no idea, and I don’t think we will for a while. At least publicly.
And lastly, how on earth is The Proposal a show?! Half of the Bachelor audience watches because it’s a guilty pleasure, not because we actually think this is true love. I cannot imagine this show getting more than one season and or producing everlasting couples.
Comment: I’m going to enjoy posting out who the engagements are before every episode. I just don’t know which episode is airing in what order now, so I can’t just yet. But I do know a few of them already. It might be the stupidest concept I’ve ever seen.
I had a question about the Colton/Tia situation. Colton seems like the show’s perfect person to be the bachelor so do you think there’s a chance they would choose him to be the bachelor over sending him to paradise? Or do you think his history with Tia will make a better storyline for him in paradise? I don’t think so and here’s why: it’d be Colton overload. He’s on our TV from May through end of July. Then will be right back on Paradise beginning of August through mid September (since I’m assuming he’ll be there for a while), and then he’s gonna start filming “Bachelor” mid-September? It’s too much. It’s never happened before that way so the odds are certainly against it. Yes, Nick was named the “Bachelor” fresh off Paradise, but he wasn’t on that season’s “Bachelorette.” It was the year before.
Also, how do you think this whole Garrett IG likes thing is going to play out. I know Becca has made it clear she’s def more liberal in her views and it’s shocking that wouldn’t have been a topic brought up between them?? Or maybe it was and he kind of told her what she wanted to hear? I guess we’ll never know. But these days I would think that would be a key topic to discuss to figure out what type of person and way of thinking your future spouse has. Has anyone from previous seasons even mentioned that issue being discussed in private while taping?
Comment: I honestly don’t know and I don’t think any of us will know until Garrett and/or ABC addresses it. We’re in wait-and-see mode right now. Well, some of us are. Some have already planted their flag in the sand and let us know what their side is. And with much hostility I might add. I’d be stunned if we don’t get a statement from Garrett and/or ABC addressing this shortly. There’s no way they ignore it until the ATFR like they did with Lee and the MTA last season. It’s too big a story that every outlet is running with now.
None of these outlets that reported the story spoiled Garrett as the winner, so there’s still a way for them to address it without spoiling their season. People saw the first episode. It’s not hiding the fact Garrett is a major contender this season to the unspoiled. So it’s not like they should avoid it for fear of a spoiler getting out there that he’s engaged to Becca. Just cover it like these outlets are covering it as “one of Becca’s front runners has finally spoken out against the claims of him liking some highly questionable IG posts,” and have him speak on it from there.
Send all links and emails to: email@example.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page, or listen to all my podcasts at Apple Podcasts. Talk to you tomorrow.