Reader Emails

“Reader Emails,” Ratings, Final Thoughts on This Season, & The Amount of Things We DIDN’T See

Photo Credit: ABC

Remember all the freaking out a lot of you did when they ran the trailer of Colton at the “final rose ceremony” holding an empty ring box and everyone thought there was an engagement, or something I had was wrong? Yeah, that scene was never even shown. So they literally shot a whole scene of him standing there with a ring box knowing they’d never show it, because they wanted to mislead their viewers. Think about that for a second. And even Colton after the fact saying “rings are meant to be on fingers,” just stringing people along. So ridiculous. I mean, I say it every season but ultimately it will not matter because people are going to freak out anyway, but those trailers for the season are NEVER EVER EVER 100% how they seem. Ever. Don’t read into them so much. They are purposely done to mislead you. Or how about the footage of Chris Harrison on a couch saying “This changes everything?” Never shown. Or the scream of “Oh My God!” when Colton jumped the fence? Nope. Didn’t hear it. Hannah B saying “What…just…happened.” Never shown. The list goes on and on and on this season. In fact, lets go take a look again at the pre-season trailer shall we, and just pinpoint all the things we never saw:

Geez, I lost track. So lets get a pre-emptive strike out there. Right now, on March 13th, I’m telling you before her season even starts filming, at some point when promos and trailers start airing for Hannah’s season, you will see footage in there that will have you questioning the spoilers, or something I wrote, or a scene that looks out of place – IT. DOESN’T. MEAN. ANYTHING. Just remember that for next season (I’m sure it’ll be forgotten by tomorrow, but hey, I tried).

Another thing was the whole “Bachelorette” announcement. Last Monday I spoiled it was gonna be Hannah B. and it’d be announced on the ATFR. There was video footage of them shooting with her in Alabama this past weekend just days before the announcement is made. Yet, the show did whatever they could to make you think it was wrong. Fleiss throwing out dumb tweets saying they talked to 5 women, which they never did. Them showing a silhouette of a woman backstage last night that wasn’t Hannah. It’s all a song and dance they do to try and get you to believe something it isn’t. So many people even saying, “With you spoiling it so early, Fleiss is just gonna let that happen?” Well, yeah. Hannah’s announcement I made last week is clear proof going forward that if I spoil something early, it doesn’t mean the show will change it at my expense. I knew when my source told me, that it was her. There was never a doubt. There’s only so much the show can do at that point, and that’s just try and deflect and misdirect the viewers. Remember when I said the “Bachelor” was gonna be Luke Pell and Fleiss specifically tweeted out the night of that it wasn’t Luke? That’s because he knew it was wrong. So obviously Fleiss couldn’t tweet anything of the such the last week since he knew Hannah was his “Bachelorette.” All he can do is tweet other people’s name and reference other women. But he knew. So basically, if Fleiss doesn’t specifically say something is wrong, assume it’s right. It’s a cat and mouse game between me and the show. They win on occasion, but most of the time I get them. Sure is fun though.

The virgin stuff I thought was bad on Monday night. Holy crap, did Chris Harrison take it to another level last night that I didn’t even think it could get to. What is he doing? That was a horrible look for him. Like dude, back off. I understand Colton was a virgin because you drilled it into our heads all season, but Chris, don’t make me go back to the beginning of the season where you specifically said in numerous pre-season interviews that the virgin is a “cocktail joke” and “punchline” the first night, but that the season is “much more than that.” Uhhhh, really? Because for the last 48 hours, all you talked about and teased was if Colton lost his virginity. And when you never got the clear answer you wanted, you just assumed it was a yes. Man, that was brutal. Yeah, it’s pretty clear they probably did but I couldn’t believe how bad Chris handled that. And like I tweeted out last night, do you think if we ever had a virgin “Bachelorette,” Chris Harrison would tease for 2 days, “Hey, do we think she lost her virginity that night?” My God, he’d be crucified if he did that, and rightfully so. Yet, he had no problem doing it with Colton. I needed to take a shower after that.

As for Colton & Cassie, honestly, I’m gonna spend enough time on the podcast with Sharleen talking about this tomorrow, so I don’t want to deep dive into it too much here. The one big thing is the idea of Colton being way more into her than she’s into him. People are gonna think that no matter how they acted last night or on their media tour this week. People will never understand how she came around so quickly on him. One thing I can say while watching last night was, I didn’t feel any of that mattered. We were watching their relationship 3 ½ months ago when she was still uncertain. So everything with the family, and her being wishy washy, you have to remember she was saying all that stuff to a guy she had been on TV show with for 2 months, but in reality, had probably spent a total of 48 hrs with the guy last night. I think people watching last night were watching it but placing it in March 2019. Not that you thought it was live, but you lost concept of how long ago that footage was. To me, everything Cassie was saying was valid. How could she commit to someone she barely knew?

So watching it back in that first hour, none of that mattered to me. All that mattered is what they said when they came out on stage, how they are now that they’ve spent the last 3 ½ months getting to know each other, and what their plans are. Now granted, they didn’t say anything on stage last night that ANY final couple doesn’t, sans Ben & Courtney. They’re in love, they’re happy, no regrets, yada yada yada. She obviously likes him a hell of a lot more now than she did in Portugal. Will they get married? Probably not. You know how I feel about these final couples. I’ll believe it when I see it. “But they looked so happy and love last night!” Yeah, so does every other couple that sat up there. You’re still in the honeymoon phase. You BETTER be happy and everything be peaches and rainbows, or else you’re in trouble. Time will tell if these two make it. The track record doesn’t bode well for them, the fact they’re both living in LA isn’t helping either. Colton moved to LA. Gee, shocker. Again, I hate to say this, but tell me one thing about this guy from the moment he was on Becca’s season that I was wrong about with him? He’s so transparent, it’s almost laughable. But hey, maybe they’ll prove me wrong.

Hannah took a beating on social media last night for her performance. I will give her the benefit of the doubt because nerves obviously got to her. A week earlier we saw her on the WTA and she was fine, very well spoken, and seemed super confident. I can see how last night would’ve rattled her. She obviously knows how to handle herself in the public eye being a former Miss Alabama USA. Was she good last night? No, not at all. In fact, it was hard to watch. But lets give her a break for one 15 minute segment. She’s got time to gather herself and be ready for filming. We knew she wasn’t as polished as previous leads, and she’s much more goofy and smiley than probably all of them combined. It’s going to be different, that’s for sure, but I think way more women watching this show see themselves in Hannah than they do in Caelynn or Hannah G. And in case you missed the tweet, the second guy she met is Dustin Kendrick, a realtor/model out of Chicago. The other 4 guys were all guys who were released yesterday as contestants on this site: Luke Parker, Connor Saeli, Cam Ayala, and Luke Stone the Nick Viall clone. I’ll add Dustin to the Hannah’s guys list shortly.

Lets get to the “Reader Emails” beginning on Page 2…

1. rollingeyes

March 13, 2019 at 9:58 AM

As the mother of two teen sons, I was appalled at all the “virgin” talk. We watched about the first hour Monday and first hour yesterday (only episodes watched all season), and it was ridiculous. I had to make sure my sons understood that someone’s virginity is NOBODY’S business. Also that if it was a female, there would be so much outrage. And I stressed to them that there should be ZERO pressure on anyone to lose their virginity, whether Male or female. The short amount of time we actually watched reaffirmed to me why I haven’t watched that show in years. I will continue to read the site and avoid that crap-show.

2. SeaDub

March 13, 2019 at 10:17 AM

Chris Harrison has always had a bit of the creep factor, but the past two nights took it to a whole new level. The virginity obsession was disgusting from him and the song choice from Air Supply with fireworks going off on the video at the end? Showers were needed all around.

I LOVE Hannah B…and loved her last night. She’s a riot and for the first time I am looking forward to the season because of a lead and not only just because of RS’s spoilers and recaps. I especially loved the “do better” to the 4 men who did not get roses. She’s going to add some much needed realism and hilarity to the show.

3. crushonspivey

March 13, 2019 at 10:56 AM

The virgin talk was great for a while, and funny. Not many guys keep those morals for as long as Colton did. Regardless of reason. But as soon as he started asking in from of Cassie, it became outright disrespectful. And typical for this franchise, which really knows no shame.

I actually think Colton and Cassie will get married. I bet they’re engaged in 3 months or less and married by the end of 2019. Different vibe with them that others from this show because they did it different. Even Kimmel congratulated them on doing it like normal people. Seems like a real relationship. And the religious background will play a factor, which can;t be undersold.

As to Hannah, it was typical. the girls simply get brain locked and can;t express herself. It;s like her brain is buffering and she locks up. I expect it for weeks for her season. Maybe once down to the final 4 she might get a software upgrade and pull out of it. But that is who she is. She freezes in relationships, can’t express herself, looks deer in the headlights, and it is not changing just because she is the lead. She got picked because she can be easily controlled by the show. Simple as that. They wanted a simpleton, got one, but one with a glitch in the matrix.

4. tinyred500

March 13, 2019 at 10:58 AM

I agree about the whole virgin theme etc., it got more and more ridiculous as the series wore on. Colton made it public knowledge during the bachelorette and never let it go, then that was his whole back story for the bachelor. It’s been flogged to death IMO. Chris Harrison can be like a dog with a bone, and I still haven’t forgotten how he kept going on at Juan Pablo and was he and Nikki in love…he was relentless. I suppose that’s part of his job, whether the viewers like his tact at times is another matter entirely.

5. kayakguy

March 13, 2019 at 12:02 PM

All I could think about after seeing Hannah on stage last night fumbling with her words (and Chris Harrison cutting her off), was her first cringeworthy date with Colton (hot tub in Topanga Hills and zero conversation and her inability to later say a toast) and how this is going to be a long season….

6. dogmomma

March 13, 2019 at 12:13 PM

I agree with SeaDub about the virginity talk and Air Supply song. It was so creepy the way Chris Harrison kept talking about it as if he were in middle school and one of his friends was trying to get lucky with a girl.
    And I agree on Hannah B. She isn’t polished and doesn’t have the textbook answers ready to go, but maybe her being spontaneous and not having a filter will bring something refreshing and new to the show. This season with Colton was very different and it pulled in the viewers toward the end, so maybe having a girl who is silly and says just what comes to her mind will end up being different from the norm and fun to watch. Or not….

7. wiggy5

March 13, 2019 at 1:23 PM

I Love the mindless entertainment this show has! If not for reality Steve I would not be watching it! Anyway I had a comment/question if anyone could answer. I thought when someone is eliminated or leaves the show of their own volition, they leave that night or the next morning. I’m wondering why Cassie was still in Portugal three days later?

8. tinyred500

March 13, 2019 at 1:31 PM

When it’s down to the final 3 they all leave the country/location together. That way it was ‘supposed’ to stop spoilers. 😀

March 13, 2019 at 1:47 PM

I can’t quite figure out Hannah B. If you are doing beauty pageants at the highest levels, you’re on stage in front of a lot of people, you’re even on TV for the really big ones. There’s a lot of pressure to perform. You’re getting graded for poise and preparation and you have to answer questions that are posed to you. I do not see how she could be as successful as she was if she’s so easily thrown off her game. But throughout the show, and especially last night, she is very easily thrown off and just turns into a bubbly, giggling bowl of jello. How hard really is it to meet 5 random guys, say hi to them and sound semi put together? I guess really hard for her. It should be an interesting season. And by interesting, I mean a total melt down. By the time she gets to hometowns they’ll need to go to Costco to get enough Prozac to keep her upright. I can’t tell if her season will just be a train wreck or a train wreck so bad that it’s a hoot to watch. I always hope for the latter. But unfortunately, it’s often a “Colton”. I think that’s a new verb for horribly boring and stupid.

March 13, 2019 at 1:57 PM

As for Colton’s final episode, it was exactly what I expected. The first 12 minutes and 30 seconds, including the standard intros were the whole show. That was the interesting part. The “date” was stupid. I guess they had to do it to show some growth to make the ending believable, but it went on forever. The “guests”, except for the standard Ben cameo, were completely the D List. It had the feeling of a thrown together ad lib. I mean Goose? Did they have him because he was free and desperate to be on? Why? I mean usually we get a good final show. Lots of emotion, leading up to the final rose. And those shows are usually pretty decent. Well, we didn’t get that. Then on ATFR we get to see the happy couple and the runner up gets to ask questions. We kinda got that on Monday night. But there really wasn’t anything last night worth watching after the first 12:30. Shame on me for watching. I am embarrassed. After Chris Harrison’s 50th reference to Colton’s virginity I was close to putting my shoe through the TV. Chris better step it up. He embarrassed himself last night. Not that he ever had any shame.

11. wiggy5

March 13, 2019 at 4:16 PM

Ok got it!

12. ladyjane747

March 13, 2019 at 6:36 PM

I also caught that Hannah G. was about to say, “I didn’t even get a chance to explore…Portugal.” LOL As for Hannah B., I think being from AL has something to do with the way she talks. I remember my husband watching Jeff Sessions on TV and saying, “he talks so sloooowly, it makes him sound stupid. I wish he’d get to the point.” So, maybe it’s partly that slow southern drawl, and I think she was truly nervous, but so cute! She’ll get over that. I think she’ll be a breath of fresh air and I’m looking forward to her season.

13. screenname

March 13, 2019 at 9:29 PM

Since Hannah already gave out the first rose, do you think she’ll still give out a “first impressions rose?” on the first night? Only asking because the last 4/5 bachelorettes have chosen their “first impression” guy at the end.

14. mtngirl

March 13, 2019 at 11:09 PM

Someone in the reader emails asked if anyone had ever turned down the leading role and I immediately thought of Chris Lambton who said no to being the bachelor. Maybe the reader was just asking about bachelorettes but this stuck out to me because I really wanted Chris to be it. Now I don’t remember who it was instead.

15. 4starsparkel

March 14, 2019 at 12:30 AM

Hello Steve!

I’m New to your Spoilers & to being able to investigate this via Social Media…

Really Enjoy knowing more ahead of time!!! Getting to see who Hannah B will be meeting, in advance, has me So Much More Involved in the Drama!!! It’ll be Such a Different Experience to See the Initial Greetings… I’ll actually be able to get a Memorable Glimpse of Who’s Who!!!

Thanks for All U Do!!!
    ??? LOVE IT!!!

xoxo C*
    (Constance in Berkeley, CA)

16. realitynyc12

March 14, 2019 at 12:08 PM

Weren’t there also rumors that Peter Kraus turned it down as well and that’s how they ended up going with Arie?

17. realitynyc12

March 14, 2019 at 12:15 PM

I’m going to have to add my name to the “hate watch club” for this upcoming season of the Bachelorette. I have an allergic reaction to Hannah B, her huge teeth and constant confused and terrified look on her face. They better coach or edit her to be more polished on the show because ATFR was more than painful to watch, I was covering my face with my hands and visibly cringing through all of it. If we are in for this much awkwardness for the entire season, I’m going to need Botox afterwards from all the cringing Haha who the f decided Bachelorette needs to be “real and relatable”?? Um, why. This is an escapist guilty pleasure, just give us someone visually stunning like Hannah G that can at least string 2 sentences together…. This is going to be a loooong season, sigh

18. mtngirl

March 14, 2019 at 6:49 PM

You’re right! Can’t forget about him 😉

19. williamfrench

March 28, 2019 at 5:35 AM

Here is how I am making 89>$ an hour… After been without work for 6 months, I started freelancing over this website and now I couldn’t be happier. After 3 months on my new job my monthly income is around 14k a month… Cause someone helped me telling me about this job now I am going to help somebody else… Check It More