Bachelor in Paradise 6

“Bachelor in Paradise 6” – Episode 1 Recap, Jed’s Media Tour, Hannah/Tyler/Gigi Craziness, & Something is Off With the Blake Storyline

Photo Credit: ABC

Some quick thoughts on the rest of the episode:

-The second Demi started her intro video with “Hi I’m Demi, and I’m from Demi’s season of the Bachelor,” I’m reminded what we were in for this season with her. At least they didn’t dance around the fact she was seeing Kristian pre-show. That would’ve been ridiculous. However, still doesn’t change the fact it was all planned beforehand to bring her on, so I’m not buying the “coming on Paradise to test the waters and see.” This was always gonna be the end result with Demi and Kristian. Maybe not engagement, but, they were always gonna be together at the end of this thing.

-The Chris Bukowski redemption story has begun. He played it perfect. I know everyone was killing him once it was announced he was cast, but by being self- depricating about the whole thing, makes it much easier for the audience to like him.

-Annaliese was cast for one reason and one reason only: to say the line that she did about Clay and Angela’s break up. Hell, they could’ve sent her home after she offered that up. Wouldn’t have mattered. She was never gonna be a major player this season.

-I don’t know who Jane is, what she does, why she scarfs down bottles of hot sauce or why she was even cast. If anyone can give me an answer to that one with any logical explanation I’ll give you 1 gazillion dollars.

-John Paul Jones, Dylan, and Kevin said more lines in this episode than they all said combined in the 4, 5, and 6 episodes they lasted on Hannah’s season.

-Derek is on the show. Again. Just sayin’.

-Kristina’s next relationship will 100% be with someone from this franchise. Actually, let me clarify that: PUBLIC relationship. I’m sure she’s dating behind the scenes and what not, but I’m pretty sure it’s Kristina’s life goal to be in a Bachelor Nation relationship. We wish her the best of luck on her future endeavors.

-Bibiana will now retire from the franchise after this, right? I’ve never seen someone appear on four shows and get so little airtime. It’s like they’re playing a sick game with her, no?

-I don’t see Clay with Nicole, like, AT ALL. So it’ll be interesting to see them throughout the season and how their relationship develops only to see it crash and burn at the finale.

-And I’m pretty sure the Stagecoach Festival in California should be getting residuals from BIP this season considering how many times it got mentioned in the first episode alone. That’s what I look forward to the most when I start spoiling women for the next “Bachelor” season. Not, “Hey, who do you think so-and-so will pick.” It’s more like, “Hey everyone, here’s a look at all the women you’ll be seeing at Stagecoach and Coachella in cliques this year!”

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. moenglish24

August 6, 2019 at 9:12 AM

You actually can double tap a comment to like it! You’re not quite in what I’d call the current “young” generation so can’t blame you for not knowing I guess………

2. wavie101

August 6, 2019 at 10:45 AM

I don’t understand why everyone is so obsessed with Tyler. He spent his entire on the show literally spouting crap about how he respects women so much. Sure that’s something great, but he knew what he was doing. He was literally building a brand. Now he’s going to be making money and connecting himself with famous women.

3. dogmomma

August 6, 2019 at 11:34 AM

I agree with the general idea Steve gave about Hannah & Tyler’s current relationship. I didn’t think they were trying to get back together because they never insinuated that anytime last week. I’m glad Hannah is going to enjoy being single because she’s pretty young and she probably got a lot of personal growth out of the season and hopefully she has learned some lessons about watching out for red flags when you date someone. When Tyler was on Ben & Ashley’s podcast, Ben told him to stay true to himself and not let the fame go to his head. That’s going to be hard to do since he has become so popular, and now he’s going out with a famous model. I’m sure we’ll see more of him in the tabloids. I ended up liking Hannah a lot more than I thought at the beginning of the season, so I hope she keeps her dating life more private.

4. ctrealitygirl

August 6, 2019 at 1:03 PM

I truly wish everyone would simmer down with all the attention they’re giving Tyler’s dates with Gigi Hadid. For crying out loud, he’s a hunk of a guy and an attractive famous model starts following him at the end of his stint on the Bachelorette, where he gets his heart broken. So, what if he had drinks with Hannah one night then dated someone else?? Watching AFTR I saw how he tensed up when Chris Harrison was nudging Hannah about her feelings for him, and I truly felt that, being the nice guy that he is, agreed to the drink invitation rather than shoot her down on national TV after everything else she’d been through, especially the disappointment in her final pick. I just wish ABC would relax and still give him a chance to be the next Bachelor. I found Chris Harrison’s recent statements about Tyler not being serious enough for the gig to be maddening. I have a hunch that they have someone else in mind and are looking to sabotage Tyler’s chances. And after watching BIP last night, I couldn’t help but wonder whether they might be looking at Clay Harbor for the role?? It would silence all the viewers criticizing ABC for not being racially diverse. And he’s a hunky football player ala Colton. Just sayin’

5. zombie_hands

August 6, 2019 at 1:32 PM

Steve I couldn’t even tell you the number of times I accidentally liked something! It can be done…I’m living proof! I believe him on that.

6. justsaying

August 6, 2019 at 1:51 PM

Predictable of Chris Harrison (a.k.a. Bachelor mouthpiece) is now smearing Tyler, just because he rejected Hannah and went with Gigi.

7. justsaying

August 6, 2019 at 1:58 PM

@zombie_hands It’s also very easy to unlike something once you’ve liked it

8. dogmomma

August 6, 2019 at 2:01 PM

But I wonder if Tyler would even want to be the Bachelor… There are usually only a handful of good contestants on the show, and he’s now gone out with a famous model. He can probably do way better on his own, and he doesn’t have to do a fake proposal after knowing someone for a month.

9. ctrealitygirl

August 6, 2019 at 2:31 PM

You nay be right dogmomma. I did read one interview with him (before his dates with Gigi Hadid), where he stated that he wasn’t sure he wanted it. He may just not be cut out for it. And, with his looks and being such a nice guy, he’ll do quite well on his own, like you said. I just hate that Chris Harrison is dissing him. Did he really think they could manipulate them to get together??

10. tinyred500

August 6, 2019 at 3:02 PM

I agree with so many of your points and dogmomma’s. Chris Harrison said it was all about ‘sincerity as to why Tyler might not get the Bachelor lead. Does he truly believe the leads and contestants alike are sincere in their quest!? Don’t most go on there for the platform now? The programme let sincerity fly out the window long ago…and it shows by the type of contestants they allow to participate! SMH What utter twaddle!

Hannah and Tyler are not an item, like so many have said previously, he was put on the spot at ATFR. I don’t care what Tyler does or doesn’t do, I just hope he doesn’t let fame go to his head.

11. adelina

August 6, 2019 at 4:37 PM

@waivie101….totally agree with you about Tyler saying all of the right things. I don’t know if I’d label it brand building, but he is well aware of his looks and well aware of how easily women swoon when someone so handsome also appears to have a heart. Sometimes I shake my head at the breadcrumbs women will settle for and then absolutely fall over when someone is simply kind. Something we should all expect at a minimum.

12. anita29

August 6, 2019 at 6:44 PM

For the people keeping count, Tyler just reached 2M followers on Instagram. I think he is number one on Bachelor Nation.

13. joanne

August 6, 2019 at 7:20 PM

I don’t think Chris Harrison smeared Tyler or said anything out of line. But the fact is, if Tyler is openly dating someone he’s not going to be picked. And for all we know, Tyler might not even want to be the Bachelor.

I’m not really sure what the big attraction is to him anyway, but that’s just me.

Tyler hasn’t done anything wrong, but if photos keep appearing on TMZ and other sites of him with Gigi or whoever, he’s won’t be ABC’s choice. They have to keep up the facade that people are going on the show to find “true love”.

14. dogmomma

August 7, 2019 at 10:21 AM

It will be interesting to see who is the next Bachelor. When Mike comes on Paradise next week, we’ll see how they portray him. They’ve already given Pilot Pete an edit that could put him in that spot. And as for Clay… I didn’t see much personality in him on Paradise so they would have to do something to make him stand out if they wanted to cast him. They started picking people off the radar lately… what if they chose Blake?? Now that would cause some drama!!!

15. justsaying

August 7, 2019 at 2:03 PM

@joanne Chris Harrison was comparing Tyler to Blake and went on and on about how Tyler’s bouncing around from girl to girl blah blah, and how Tyler’s was Hannah’s 2nd or 3rd choice at best. Alrighttyyyy, not dissing Tyler at all. Now Chris H isn’t onboard with Hannah and Tyler.. eyes roll.

Mike for bachelor, pleaseeee pretty pleaseeee with a cherry on top. Peter is phony baloney, I don’t find him hot or handsome what-so-ever.

August 8, 2019 at 9:45 AM

So if Tyler can get on with Gigi Hadad and gather 2M IG followers, what does he need The Bachelor for? He’s already accomplished what most Bachelors can only dream of. And certainly Tyler is already dating WAY above Hannah. So why would he need Hannah? The guy’s living the life. If The Bachelor wants Tyler, they’re going to have to cut a really big check. That may not even be enough.

17. carbha

August 8, 2019 at 7:23 PM

From that picture of Tyler on his phone leaving Hannah’s apartment; I don’t even think he was even interested in her. I think they got closure and that was the end. Tyler was rejected by Hannah over 2 months ago so he has moved on. If he has been texting Gigi for a while now and they can now go public then I don’t see that he is the bad guy that Chris Harrison is trying to make him out to be. Hannah screwed up when she didn’t choose him and that is all on her and her alone.

18. justsaying

August 9, 2019 at 1:41 PM

@carbha, I agree with your analysis about Tyler leaving Hannah’s apartment. He was busy with his phone and not smiling then, proceeded to just walk off.

Nick, on his podcast, brought up a great point. If the tabloids had photos of Hannah and Tyler hugging and kissing, they most certainly would have released it.